• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

selector infected WIXOSS 01

First full length show of the season, and the first season I'm here from the start for. And it happens to be this one. Coming fresh off Z/X, most card game anime not aimed at kids usually use what's on the cards, the mythology, for its own stories. (Sengoku Collection, Leviathan, etc.) This one has the characters actually playing and collecting the card game, and would fit right alongside the Battle Spirits and the Vanguards of the world, if not for one thing.

The tone. The "friends in the cards" angle makes this seem more like the mirror universe version of Fantasista Doll. So far all we have is Ruko and her friend, who just makes me think of World Conquest's Kate, and another contest where the winner gets their wish granted. But the washed out color palette and the sorta creepy dream show that this is going into places that Fantasista never dared to. Seems like a huge tonal mismatch for what's essentially a card game anime as filtered through Chaos;Head, but it has me intrigued. OP and ED are both consistent with that tone, and overall, it has potential, and also Ayaneru. Show me where you're going with this, Okada, and I'll listen. It's hardly the first dark show you're taking on this season.

More people need to watch tasogare otome X amensia

This so hard. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia has better horror episodes than Another, and a damn good love story. Even if the main character is a wimp when it comes to love, he actually fully develops throughout the show and they actually hook up and shit. Instead of bumbling around with bloody noses and not being able to even kiss the (ghost) girl.

Might even watch it again at some point.

cajunator

Banned
selector infected WIXOSS 01

First full length show of the season, and the first season I'm here from the start for. And it happens to be this one. Coming fresh off Z/X, most card game anime not aimed at kids usually use what's on the cards, the mythology, for its own stories. (Sengoku Collection, Leviathan, etc.) This one has the characters actually playing and collecting the card game, and would fit right alongside the Battle Spirits and the Vanguards of the world, if not for one thing.

The tone. The "friends in the cards" angle makes this seem more like the mirror universe version of Fantasista Doll. So far all we have is Ruko and her friend, who just makes me think of World Conquest's Kate, and another contest where the winner gets their wish granted. But the washed out color palette and the sorta creepy dream show that this is going into places that Fantasista never dared to. Seems like a huge tonal mismatch for what's essentially a card game anime as filtered through Chaos;Head, but it has me intrigued. OP and ED are both consistent with that tone, and overall, it has potential, and also Ayaneru. Show me where you're going with this, Okada, and I'll listen. It's hardly the first dark show you're taking on this season.

I have to say everything about this show, including the name, has me intrigued.

cnet128

Banned
I just read that post about the finale of Nagi. Haha why am I not surprised it went like that.

If you mean the post saying that
nothing really got resolved, that's not really true at all. The plot most certainly got resolved (Ocean God returns to his senses, freezing apocalypse averted, all the ocean people awaken and decide to stop opposing sea-land relationships because it turns out children of such unions can develop ena after all) and as for the relationships, though none of them got consummated with an actual kiss, it was made pretty damn clear which pairings had "won" by the end.

Hikari has made it pretty clear that Manaka is the one for him even if he wants to take it slowly and not get all romantic just yet, Miuna understands that and has given up on Hikari and started moving on, Kaname and Sayu only have eyes for each other ever since her confession, and Chisaki and Tsumugu have accepted their feelings for each other and may as well be a married couple at this point.

Love Live! 4

Looks like μ's just doubled in size! Meganekko get!
...minus the megane...
Tomboy get! Piano ojousama torn between her love for music and her duty to take up the family business get!

And at the end of the episode...so that's where that one "your favourite anime is shit" gif that occasionally gets posted around here comes from! Looking forward to Nico's proper debut next episode. My best girl senses are tingling.

pk3aguor.jpg

Pokemon XY 21

Serena just keeps proving why she's best Pokegirl.

Ash for at least the second time in your loser filled life, please notice a girl.

Please.

lol Bonnie making Clemont act in a "Find a wife" video.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The average sales for Imocho will probably get dragged down over time by subsequent volumes and end up below Uchoten's, if that helps you rest easier.

Definitely going to make me sleep easier at night.

Next show I'll be watching is Tatami Galaxy. I'll probably just start doing series write-ups, as episode reviews work for currently airing stuff for me only because I don't have much of an option.

Tatami Galaxy is definitely one of Masaaki Yuasa best show. The pacing, the story, all that animation and live action segment is so damn good.

Syrinx

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 1

Is this version not gonna have Tenchi and Ryoko and Ayeka etc.? Would kinda be disappointing. I loved Mihoshi as the elementary school teacher though.

Main plot seems mostly the same as the OVA so far. Misa hasn't really had her chance to show off how much she's allegedly improved, but I did just recognize her as the girl who was madp's avatar for a while.

While Rumia is pretty evil and power-hungry and is proposing some pretty draconian laws for when she becomes queen, I do kinda sympathize to her losing out to a girl who just said "I will plant flowers all over the kingdom". Totally would've thought I had it in the bag after she said that if I were in her position.

Midonin

I've noticed that, with few exceptions, you're exceedingly prompt at watching and reviewing episodes almost the instant the simulcast is available. What I wouldn't give to have that much precision in my daily schedule...
I could probably slow down a bit.

I love Tasogare to no end.

I would encourage you to read the manga if you haven't. It's so fucking good. Better than the anime, which is still fantastic.

I love it too, still prefer the anime though

Just watched first episode of Tatami Galaxy. It was beautiful to look at. But my god

xQV4PV1.gif

STOP TALKING SO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Moonphase 17-19
RIP Grandpa and Elfriede
Even though I know they survive
So now Kouhei trains to protect Hazuki. It's good that the girls get along now. Kaoru was cute with the cat stuff. Arte is also fairly cute

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 1

Is this version not gonna have Tenchi and Ryoko and Ayeka etc.? Would kinda be disappointing. I loved Mihoshi as the elementary school teacher though.
The triangle is gone, but I would note that Washuu will show up later.

Tenchi Muyo TV aka Tenchi Universe has more love triangle antics but it's yet another continuity reboot.

Main plot seems mostly the same as the OVA so far. Misa hasn't really had her chance to show off how much she's allegedly improved, but I did just recognize her as the girl who was madp's avatar for a while.
She doesn't even say her name in ep 1, haha.

Gbraga

I'm very interested in WIXOSS, I really like the idea of Yu-Gi-Oh meets cute girls, even if it's actually nothing like that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sae/mandoric is making the new thread. We're all waiting on him.

Short CM for the Satojun/Okada/Kawamori show M3 ~Sono Kuroki Hagane~ with a clip of the ending song from la la larks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxfSCmVM1zk

Hyped for M3 though kind of lazy taking out each "layer" of the characters in the visual. Good song.

http://shingeki.tv/news/archives/1166

Ahaha what the hell is this

They're releasing recap movies for Attack on Titan in theaters, the first half (covering eps. 1-13) this winter and the second half (eps. 14-25) sometime next year.
They'll be titled after the respective OP songs, Guren no Yumiya and Jiyuu no Tsubasa.

That was what I was hoping would happen, definitely would benefit the series so much to condense the two major arcs into movies like that and with better animated (please keep green stylish Eren), moments will resolve much of the minor faults I had.

Now if Funimation would get it (theater airing even?)? please.

DiGiKerot

Rightstuf selling the Madoka movie!? Question... I understood the way Regions worked with DVDs. Is it the same deal with Blu-Ray players? The movie is marked (import). Does that mean I won't be able to watch it on a US blu-ray player?

Japan and the US are the same Blu-Ray region - Region/Zone A.

In practice, it tends to be that Japanese BDs are fairly 'open' in terms of region encoding anyway. I import semi-regularly (and have just got done watching the DokiDokiPrecure movie), and I don't think I own a single Japanese BD which won't actually run on my Region B European player.

This wasn't the case with DVDs, where Japanese disks tended to be hardlocked to Region 2 (Japan and the EU), and wouldn't play on US platers.

that will work fine on a US player.

Japan and the US are the same Blu-Ray region - Region/Zone A.

In practice, it tends to be that Japanese BDs are fairly 'open' in terms of region encoding anyway. I import semi-regularly (and have just got done watching the DokiDokiPrecure movie), and I don't think I own a single Japanese BD which won't actually run on my Region B European player.

Yessssssssss. Thanks guys. $50 is a bit steep for a blu-ray, but I'll cave on this one. At least I'm not buying Yamato 2199 discs at $45 a pop. lolololololololol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah it was a really enjoyable show.

Ending was a tad bit of a copout but all in all its a must watch.
I'm a bit of a lamer but I liked the way it ended
I love Tasogare to no end.

I would encourage you to read the manga if you haven't. It's so fucking good. Better than the anime, which is still fantastic.
I plan to!
Pokemon XY 21

Serena just keeps proving why she's best Pokegirl.

Ash for at least the second time in your loser filled life, please notice a girl.

Please.

lol Bonnie making Clemont act in a "Find a wife" video.
dat cosplay

Naruto Shippuden Episode 357 – Kakashi: Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops – An Uchiha ANBU
tumblr_n3gkfqtoMK1r0q8i2o1_250.gif
tumblr_n3gkfqtoMK1r0q8i2o4_r1_250.gif

Hashimada and Sasunaru for the OP was incredible with the way they did it. Song was on the weaker side. The ending from DISH was incredible. Second DISH song for Naruto Shippuden and its just as catchy as I CAN HEAR was.

Episode had good content, Sasuke was incredibly adorable in the scenes and the Itachi younger was pleasing.

Animators for the ED and OP though performed one of the more offensive atrocities in animation and ought to have corrected the mistakes Kishimoto made in the writing department for part of this arc and even having the nerve to put that scene on one of the covers. We didnt need to be reminded in both the OP and ED of that terrible event occurring which even Naruto forgot.
NaruHina is the worst thing to be animated

cnet128

Banned
Love Live! 6

Honoka becomes the One True Leader without even trying, through sheer force of Nozomi-ness.

That's Nozomi from Precure, not Nozomi from Love Live.

...And Honoka from Love Live, not Honoka from Precure.

At any rate, this just goes to show that effort gets you nowhere and all that matters is heart! (Because if effort mattered, Nico would have become leader ten times over in this episode XD Being Nico-senpai is suffering.)

Naruto Shippuden Episode 357 – Kakashi: Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops – An Uchiha ANBU
tumblr_n3gkfqtoMK1r0q8i2o1_250.gif
tumblr_n3gkfqtoMK1r0q8i2o4_r1_250.gif

Hashimada and Sasunaru for the OP was incredible with the way they did it. Song was on the weaker side. The ending from DISH was incredible. Second DISH song for Naruto Shippuden and its just as catchy as I CAN HEAR was.

Episode had good content, Sasuke was incredibly adorable in the scenes and the Itachi younger was pleasing.

Animators for the ED and OP though performed one of the more offensive atrocities in animation and ought to have corrected the mistakes Kishimoto made in the writing department for part of this arc and even having the nerve to put that scene on one of the covers. We didnt need to be reminded in both the OP and ED of that terrible event occurring which even Naruto forgot.
NaruHina is the worst thing to be animated

Yeah I prefer Sasuke and Sakura ;)

cajunator

Banned
Full Metal Panic 22

Holy shit everything just got real in a hurry.
Fortunately Kurz and Sousuke are there to help regain some control
Shaping up to a good exciting finale. 2 Episodes left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom