• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

image.php

Who am I? Who are you?!

I am just an average monkey

Gazoinks

Pupipo 14

This has been a pretty enjoyable show, it's a shame it's ending so soon. And we probably won't get the reveal! Guess I'll check out the manga.

cajunator

Banned
http://www.fate-sn.com/

They finally updated the F/SN site, but they still haven't uploaded a direct feed version of the new trailer. Boo!

nice art. Please be good!

I've posted in these threads before in the past, although very sporadically. It matches my viewing habits.

Wasn't too impressed by Noragami. The sum of the series was pretty dull to me although there were good moments.

Its just a case of Browns fans having good tastes.

Mushi-shi 9
So now argiculture impacted my mushi. The mushi are starting to less and less grounded in logic. Though how the man became immortal and then travel the country to find argiculture techniques for the village was nice

cajunator

Banned
Is No-rin ending this week too? I don't think I can handle losing Benio-sama, Kobeni, Ringo, Satsuki, Nonon, Haruka and Mitsuki on the same week.

My heart will probably stop.

LOVE IS OVER TT_TT

Thats quite a hefty loss. I dont see Mashiro though so I assume you simply forgot.

Slap me silly and call me crazy cuz I'm fucking hyped.

Silly Kayos.
You know how this ends.

Is F/Z Rider--->F/SN Rider the biggest downgrade of all time?

Not a downgrade if it came first!

I get the new title even less than I got the title of the last thread.

Its much too insular.

Just found this, even though it's a couple of months old already.

vieniera_sama_by_observerz-d73tt9p.jpg

Link

:O
Bravo!

Gbraga

New title is super true. I think.

Thats quite a hefty loss. I dont see Mashiro though so I assume you simply forgot.

She's super cute, but I live by the code of life and hometown, I don't deal with kids, son.

was trying to mention 2 characters max per show

I did forget Kagari and Hiyori though (assuming Witch Craft Works is 12 episodes, I have no idea)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Pilot's Love Song 12
KhlSIXxl.png

:kanna

hBF1uUPl.png

Also, they certainly solved the problem from last week pretty easily. :p

That said, I have no idea what just happened. It just Evangelioned its ending and pulled out some mythological syfy bullshit to create some kind of pseudo :firehawk celebratory ending.

Really, if this show was just about kids trying to be pilots, it'd probably be fine. The fact that you have this silly Superman + Romeo and Juliet mashup love story and this weird metaplot about the End of the Sky and other meaningless words put together, it all sort of breaks down.

In a way, the movie "sequel" just keeps it to its basics. A dude needs to fly a princess across the sea and has to avoid being hunted by the enemy. If anything, it's basically the Han Solo story boiled down to its basics. There was no reason to explain the world's underpinnings because all you needed to focus on was the relationship between the two people. Unfortunately, the relationship was just so overwrought and complicated in the anime and here we are.

I wonder what this means for the "final" episode though. I assume it'll be some kind of epilogue, although the preview was all clips from previous episodes.

Maybe, maybe, this worked as a novel and the anime just couldn't capture it all. So they tried their best to do characterization first and left all the exposition to the final episode... I suppose I should applaud them for trying to make the show syfy-free for 10 episodes or so.

---

Buddy Complex
This show is still pretty terrible, but hey, more :kanna
taG5rIQl.jpg

It seems to be a season of girl's hearts being crushed. lol

---

Witchcraft Works fin
NqAKWvJl.jpg

Yeah, anime.

I think this show is probably saved by how colourful it looks, since it seems like art direction seems to just be a case of "more, more, more". But I forgot how silly magical girlfriend plots can get.

Jarmel

Banned
Witch Craft Works 12-
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I fucking can't

This piece of shit beta motherfucker

And with this I'm done with the godawful manga too. What the fuck, how fucking spineless do you have to fucking be?

cnet128

Banned
:kanna

more :kanna

It seems to be a season of girl's hearts being crushed. lol

If :kanna is the in thing now, how come NatsuMachi only gets one new episode? ;_;

...Maybe the production committee mistook me for a cute anime girl and decided to break my heart too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Witch Craft Works 12-
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
I fucking can't

And with this I'm done with the godawful manga too. What the fuck, how fucking spineless do you have to fucking be?

You just don't understand the purity of love. lol

If :kanna is the in thing now, how come NatsuMachi only gets one new episode? ;_;

...Maybe the production committee mistook me for a cute anime girl and decided to break my heart too.
Is it just an OVA? That makes way more sense than a full series anyway...

Jarmel

Banned
You just don't understand the purity of love. lol

And we have Chuuni in the next couple of days to continue this trend.

I know I'm not supposed to make real life generalizations from anime but how the hell can I stop myself when I see garbage like this?

Did you guys hate it all the way through or was the finale that bad?

The whole arc has been awful as it's been bombs,bombs, and more bombs. However I thought the finale was stupid on multiple levels in its own way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you guys hate it all the way through or was the finale that bad?
WCW?

For me, I had low expectations already because of the genre and the fact that it's a manga adaptation that, by necessity, needs to have an open ending. It's just funny how the dude is basically an embodiment of every male protagonist in modern anime.

(It's probably another reason why I like AnoNatsu, come to think of it).

And we have Chuuni in the next couple of days to continue this trend.

I know I'm not supposed to make real life generalizations from anime but how the hell can I stop myself when I see garbage like this?
You know, other than AnoNatsu, the only other romcoms where I've seen the guy not be a doormat are the harem anthologies - Amagami SS and PhotoKano. Before that, there was that Hatsukoi Limited, but that might as well be ancient history at this point.

Gbraga

The whole arc has been awful as it's been bombs,bombs, and more bombs. However I thought the finale was stupid on multiple levels in its own way.

What a shame. Kagari is so best.

WCW?

For me, I had low expectations already because of the genre and the fact that it's a manga adaptation that, by necessity, needs to have an open ending. It's just funny how the dude is basically an embodiment of every male protagonist in modern anime.

(It's probably another reason why I like AnoNatsu, come to think of it).

*googles AnoNatsu*

Please stop making my backlog huge, GAF.

Jarmel

Banned
It's just funny how the dude is basically an embodiment of every male protagonist in modern anime.

That's not even true anymore though. Strike the Blood's lead(I can't even remember this bozo's name) is pretty aggresive and there are other leads that don't act like shy teenage girls.

You know, other than AnoNatsu, the only other romcoms where I've seen the guy not be a doormat are the harem anthologies - Amagami SS and PhotoKano. Before that, there was that Hatsukoi Limited, but that might as well be ancient history at this point.

If we limit it to romantic comedy stuff, then yea it's pretty limited. You forgot Arararararagi-kun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's not even true anymore though. Strike the Blood's lead(I can't even remember this bozo's name) is pretty aggresive and there are other leads that don't act like shy teenage girls.
I haven't seen Strike the Blood, but I put perverted protagonists who never actually have any relationships/sex in the same category as these guys who blush at the mere thought of handholding.

I mean, at that point, their sexual aggression is just a mask for their inability to have a normal relationship anyway - Gintoki from Gintama is totally guilty of this, since the only girl he ever kissed was his Love Plus waifu - so I don't think they are necessarily better.

If we limit it to romantic comedy stuff, then yea it's pretty limited. You forgot Arararararagi-kun.
Oh right. Mostly because Senjou has been dead for so long I forget she even was in a relationship with him!

Witch Craft Works 12-
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I fucking can't

I got a kick and a SMH out of that scene. Someone needs to gif it and put BETA in large letters over his face at the fake-out.

Jarmel

Banned
I haven't seen Strike the Blood, but I put perverted protagonists who never actually have any relationships/sex in the same category as these guys who blush at the mere thought of handholding.

I mean, at that point, their sexual aggression is just a mask for their inability to have a normal relationship anyway - Gintoki from Gintama is totally guilty of this, since the only girl he ever kissed was his Love Plus waifu - so I don't think they are necessarily better.

Yea it's a different type of sexless behavior but I find the ones where it's written into the plot unlike stuff like High School DxD, to make some level of sense. That said, it's mostly trash anyway, so it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yea it's a different type of sexless behavior but I find the ones where it's written into the plot unlike stuff like High School DxD, to make some level of sense. That said, it's mostly trash anyway, so it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.
Anime gonna anime. lol

Jarmel

Banned
Now to catch up on the past few episodes of Golden Time, where I see another beta sackless loser as the lead.

Edit: I can already feel the rage building.

The Pilot's Love Song 12

In a way, the movie "sequel" just keeps it to its basics. A dude needs to fly a princess across the sea and has to avoid being hunted by the enemy.

The movie is a "prequel"! The Holy Levamme Empire, is the kingdom where Fana, the princess in the movie, went to. She's the queen now.

Gundam Build Fighters 24

Sigh. At least the fight was visually neat. And if I had money I would defintiely have preordered Dark Matter Exia yesterday.

I still think that without the
brainjacking
, Yuuki would have curbstomped Sei/Iori all over the tournament floor. But that's why it happened--he was too strong and too in line with the positive competition theme of the show, so they had him
controlled by the villain
so he could get some Build Knuckling like everyone else.

Also lol at
all the bullshit the Star Build Strike pulled with 10% charge and a missing arm that it couldn't do with 100%.

cajunator

Banned
How can they have good taste if they're fans of the Browns?

At least they're not Steelers fans, though.

Cleveland Browns fans are great people for a team with a lot of history.

New title is super true. I think.

She's super cute, but I live by the code of life and hometown, I don't deal with kids, son.

was trying to mention 2 characters max per show

I did forget Kagari and Hiyori though (assuming Witch Craft Works is 12 episodes, I have no idea)

New title might be true..I dont have guilt when it comes to anime.

What a shame. Kagari is so best.

*googles AnoNatsu*

Please stop making my backlog huge, GAF.

Thats our job!

There might not be a fictional character that beats this man:

LDisq7V.jpg

(Nakajima from You're Under Arrest)

DEPLOY NAKAJIMA

CorvoSol

Sounds like you need to watch some Western TV you god damned weaboo.

Buuuuuuuuuh. I watch like, two Western TV shows now: Adventure Time and TWD. I guess when Doctor Who comes back I'll watch that, too. I've just been kinda off western TV since the Writer's Strike so long ago.

Oh, and I was watching Under the Dome when it was on. And I used to watch Burn Notice and Psyche. Should probably see how those ended.

Jarmel

Banned
Is anyone familiar with amnesia? Other than the ghost shit, do people recovering from amnesia undergo a similar process as in Golden Time?

Golden Time 21-

Oh god. If you're going to break up with someone, that's not how you do it.

Jesus, this show is filled with awful people.

Log Horizon 15-17.

At this point I'm watching it for the explanations for the world around them. They did a really damn good job with the world building. The characters are still meh to me but damn it does this place feel so alive and yet so mystical.

Thoraxes

Guys, is this where I come in and recommend True Detective?

Buuuuuuuuuh. I watch like, two Western TV shows now: Adventure Time and TWD. I guess when Doctor Who comes back I'll watch that, too. I've just been kinda off western TV since the Writer's Strike so long ago.

Oh, and I was watching Under the Dome when it was on. And I used to watch Burn Notice and Psyche. Should probably see how those ended.
Psych is still going.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is anyone familiar with amnesia? Other than the ghost shit, do people recovering from amnesia undergo a similar process as in Golden Time?
The only real case that really comes to mind is when Wayne Gretsky's father had a stroke and forgot how to speak English. He had to relearn the language. Any other examples I can think of come from fiction or cases of people just drinking too much.

Guys, is this where I come in and recommend True Detective?

Psych is still going.
Psych is ending this year.

And True Dick is old news now. We're all just waiting for the next bandwagon to jump on. lol

cajunator

Banned
If Im watching TV its either documentaries, Mythbusters, How its made, Brain Games, Pawn Stars, or car restoration shows. I dont watch any serialized TV series.

Thoraxes

Psych is ending this year.

And True Dick is old news now. We're all just waiting for the next bandwagon to jump on. lol

Ah I see. I haven't seen anything past season 7 I think. Just watched it while I wrote my thesis last year.

And ;_; at True Dick. I guess we just wait for the next one lol

It finishes on Wednesday.

(also everyone should be watching Hannibal because it is acebest)

Oh god this Wednesday? Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom