• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Seto Kaiba 1

I don't know what's going on! :p

Concept and world seem interesting so far. Looks like it's probably going to tackle some of the classic sci-fi "meaning of identity" themes.

Art style is interesting. It's like Tezuka on LSD. OP and ED were pretty nice. And in English! And not completely incomprehensible!

Otherwise not much to say, as this episode was mostly set-up.

jman2050

Does retrograde amnesia work like that though? Loss of memories before the traumatic incident occurred is common but I've never heard of loss of memories after the event in sporadic bursts. Especially after such a long interim.

Yeah I'm pretty sure retrograde amnesia doesn't work that way, though you can maybe argue for some specific variant of anterograde amnesia at work here in tandem. Both types being present at once is actually more common than just the former anyway to my understanding!

Of course trying to parse this medically is a lost cause because I'm positive given the precedent set that his amnesia is going to act as needed for the story to conclude. Whether this ends up being a good or bad thing remains to be seen!

The star of LWA by one of my favourite artists (pixiv) NSFW:
578673432zhjb3.jpg

Also that girl from KLK that people seem to like:

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So the closest I've found to describing Tada Banri's mental state is a dissociative fugue state.

So the assumption of the new identity seems to be in line(although there seems to be emphasis more on emotional damage than physical so the bridge crap is seemingly unnecessary), it's his recovery of his 'old' memories in that patients seem to just snap back instead of dip in and out over a prolonged period.

So Banri is actually cooking meth?

jman2050

Why is it so hard to make the Main heroine the best girl.

Cultural differences, underdog complex from the audience, the author being ignorant that his/her main heroine is terrible, pick one or all of them?

I think you misspelled Tomoyo.

I'll be fair and point out that her route was similarly unsatisfying! Also kind of irritating with the whole
I'm in love with you but MUH IMAGE
, but I chalk that one up to cultural differences than any problem with the story itself...

I'll be fair and point out that her route was similarly unsatisfying! Also kind of irritating with the whole
I'm in love with you but MUH IMAGE
, but I chalk that one up to cultural differences than any problem with the story itself...

The image thing hasn't happened much tbh. Usually the popular person in the anime is part of a harem and doesn't care about the image. Recent example is Witch Craft Works, though that's not much of a harem

Mature

I'm lead to understand that Macross 7 is the most divisive entry in the franchise. Would you say that's a true assessment?
I don't know about divisive. I've only seen a few people talk about it ever. All I know is I watched probably just under a dozen episodes and they were all essentially the same crap. I have zero interest in that.

Mr.Jeff

Macross 7 2

Hold the phone. Basara has built an unregistered mechanical weapon, flown it into the middle of a military operation, interfered in said operation, cost who knows how many lives as a result, the military knows he's behind it, the entire COLONY knows it and . . . he's not currently under arrest for all this shit?

Fucking Macross.

BGRvlem.gif

Can't you just listen to his song?

Girls und Panzer 05-06
Suddenly Ayako Kawasumi tank leader. Very yes. Pretty pumped about the battle. Hopefully the sudden drama doesn't weight it down. Can't believe how enjoyable this show is.

Yowamushi Pedal 24

BiOGlAB.jpg

ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS

Dont forget the hot shower scene.

Sadly the episode felt a bit on the unnecessary side, which I spent most of trying to figure out what other anime Ive heard him speak in.

CorvoSol

I don't know about divisive. I've only seen a few people talk about it ever. All I know is I watched probably just under a dozen episodes and they were all essentially the same crap. I have zero interest in that.

How did this get into SRWZ, then?

BGRvlem.gif

Can't you just listen to his song?

I'm still not sure how Basara gets away with any of what he's doing, but to tell you the truth, I'm more confused how as to whether or not the green brain thing on the ship's bridge is THE Exedore from SDFM or just another one named Exedore.

I bailed early. Knowing you, you'll probably love it.

I dunno, I mean, so far I have like-liked a grand total of 1 Macross thing.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 37

Somewhere along the line I forgot there were that few people in the Wizard World. Or they never told us.

Damn, that was a fucking jackpot Pao-chan shat out at the end.

Next episode is an Aiko and her mom episode. Preparing for feels of some degree.

Reposting this in case you missed it the first time around. Contest ends on Wednesday. Good luck!

To celebrate the series finale of Golden Time, I'm having a contest. I'll be giving away two limited edition silkscreen printed posters that I commissioned. Here are the details:

Golden Time by Hebitsukai ( http://hebi.soragoto.net )

500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg

13"x10" 5 colors screenprint on China White Colorplan paper + iridescent gold varnish layer. Hand-Numbered Limited Edition of 16.

This piece is part of the Fancy-Poster GAF thread ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441170 ) and previously did the Paprika ( http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG959114_zps2c83bfc5.jpg ) and Metal Gear Solid Commissions ( http://ashthorp.tumblr.com/post/72114494519/here-is-the-gray-fox-print-final-art-there-will ) there.

How to enter to win a poster:

1. Send me a PM with the answer to the following: Kaga Koko or Hayashida Nana? (deadline 3/26/2014).
2. Post a series review after the series finale airs next Thursday in this forum and pm me with the link.

There will be one winner from each category.

I also hope to do a Toradora commission in the future, in order to complement Golden Time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Engaged to the Unidentified - 11

Mashiro just needs to give in to Benio and her desires already, she really should.

Oh, and totally called
Hakuya and Mashiro getting a letter of summons.

Mr.Jeff

Girls und Panzer - 07
So everything was all fine and dandy and we finally got some background on Miho and also MORE TANKS but did they really just skip an entire fight?! WHY? I WANT MY MOE WAR FIGHTING DAMNIT.

Also yes, Yukari is pretty best. Although I kind really like the weird military style team as well.

cajunator

Banned

Hah. Well I love obscured face moe too. We get along.

So that's not worth watching then?

How sure are we that we'll even get a Season 2?

KGNE is worth a watch but it gets really melodramatic. to a stupid degree.

If I weren't on my phone right now, I'd link the Chiyo-chan penguin video.

Throw at me what you will. I can survive any moenuke.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom