• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
But which character has the best hair antenna(e)?
gokicha201403.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gundam Build Fighters - 22

This scene killed me
and made me kinda wish that Aila x Sei was a thing so China could get NTR'd for real
. As always the battle scenes were top notch and entertaining as hell.

Nafe

I think I might actually get around to GBF now! I was holding off since I don't know much about Gundam, but enough people without franchise experience have liked it that I think I'll go for it soon.

Yeah, if you watch the show you might end up disagreeing, but I really don't know much about Gundam and pretty much every reference is going over my head, even still I just absolutely love the show. :)

Other people had mentioned it that when the premise was initially announced it sounded silly and not really my thing and something I personally was just going to ignore. Seeing some screenshots and gifs of the first episode posted and visually anyway it actually looked pretty good despite being focused on models. I watched the first episode and was hooked, just thought it's been fun every week.

Gundam Build Fighters - 21

This episode was so legit. Was so happy when
Aila popped off on her own team, you tell 'em girl!

Yeah, the way it was set up that Aila was so powerful and you know the guys are going to win for plot reasons, I hoped at least that they didn't get some kind of lame, cop-out type victory. You know, they manage to take out the funnels and then the show forgets that when she's first introduced she easily took out that other top guy without even using her personal Gunpla.

She basically defeats them three times over but stops each time to break free, so it worked out. Then the follow up antics were a fun way to break the tension that was maybe a bit much.

j8ANPzvSYKw7o.jpg

Another Aila fan art that I really like. Good job. <3

Necrovex

Hunter X Hunter 7-11

This anime is starting to slowly show its color. I am getting more and more interested with each passing episode. Leorio is so far my favorite character, if only due to all of his wonderful flaws. The other characters are growing on me too. I am curious to see how much darker this show gets.

CorvoSol

He'll only enhance it. Could be good but won't touch GBF!

I hope it's at least good. It won't be GBF or G, but if it could at least be SEED or Unicorn level that'd be nice.

It's an excellent OVA, not just good Gundam stuff but great anime despite the franchise ties. Beautifully animated, really heartfelt, etc.

I'd like to second this. Even if you don't like Mecha or Gundam, War in the Pocket is a wonderful OVA.

CorvoSol

Hey guys! Anybody remember Peaceiscloser? I got mail from him today! He's been out 4 months, says he's doing well, and he sent me a weird picture he found proving that Awesome Fan Art is a thing that real people live with:

What's the point of the spoiler tag if you also have it in the quote box?

i guess i was a little too angry to notice this....
( not on purpose à swear )

----------------------
Hapiness charge precure - 07

I wonder if i'm not too old for this ...

The problem of the week didn't grab me.
The fight however was fine dual attack are always cool ( it's a chrono trigger rule ).

So i guess i enjoyed this fight ?

Hey guys! Anybody remember Peaceiscloser? I got mail from him today! He's been out 4 months, says he's doing well, and he sent me a weird picture he found proving that Awesome Fan Art is a thing that real people live with:
"Love you Grandma"

Corvo is there something you're not telling us?!

Wait Toriko is doing an anime filler ending? What the fuck?

Well considering the past few weeks each episode has crammed in four to five chapters worth of material each, ignored adapting anything that seemed too brutal or grim, and changed numerous events and fight outcomes, it shouldnt be a surprise.

Will be interesting next week to see if they potentially leave it open for some open ended situation or continue to do their own thing.

Gazoinks

Kaiba 2

I like how this show shares a lot of themes and world elements with cyberpunk, but it's very different visually. No monolithic grey skyscrapers or dudes with glowing blue lights stuck all over their jumpsuits. Just flying hand chickens.

I am disappointed what's her face died so quickly. I liked her. Don't remember her name though. :p

SO. We see the woman in Kaiba's locket and her name is Neiro. And she's a terrorist? I wonder what Kaiba's squid buddy is and how it's connected to her.

Narag

@WTK
[Sentai Filmworks] Clannad: The Motion Picture (sub) is now streaming on Hulu

neat. dat dezaki

Quality anime.

Firehawk approved.

I'm in a moment of weakness man. Is this fan service incest drama or an actual drama that somebody put effort into without otaku pleasing in mind? If the latter I'll consider it.

chances are it's the former isn't it?

It's not really fanservicey, just really melodramatic.

i guess i was a little too angry to notice this....
( not on purpose à swear )

----------------------
Hapiness charge precure - 07

I wonder if i'm not too old for this ...

The problem of the week didn't grab me.
The fight however was fine dual attack are always cool ( it's a chrono trigger rule ).

So i guess i enjoyed this fight ?

To be fair, ep 7 was pretty average, and at best, was more of a reminder of character flaws.

Thank goodness 8 was great

White Album 2 - Series Review

Ahh where to begin, of course I'm LTTP but I like it this way so I can marathon through and/or be pleasantly surprised.

So what do I know of White Album 2? Well before diving headfirst into this 13-episode series I know that its an anime adapted from an adult visual novel, part of the romance genre, and the show only consists of half the plot/story from the VN its adapted from.

White Album 2 is one of those underrated animes (I believe, if its actually popular please correct) within the romance genre which hails animes such as Toradora! and Clannad at the top. While I don't really see a point disputing this notion, I believe White Album 2 to be atleast on equal footing, here's why (SPOILERS AHEAD):

1) Tragedy (So Far):
Wait a second, Clannad: After Story has tragedy and so does Angel Beats!, wtf you talking about? Well yes, but unlike the former two it is rare to see an anime where all parties lose in the end. Granted its only half of the plot/story it is adapted from, I am, however, fairly content where things are left right now. Yes, yes, the happy ending is a fairly staple aspect but White Album 2 ends with a bittersweet closure (that's not death and doesn't deus ex machina to null said tragedy (I'm looking at you Clannad: After Story) and for me makes me want more but also appreciate the realism it shows in romance, which brings me to my next point...

2) Realism (AKA Life Sometimes Sucks):
If there's one thing this show absolutely succeeds in, it's showing that humans are flawed creatures. Yes actions such as Setsuna starting up the train of tragedy due to selfish reasons, Haruki cheating (and banging) behind Setsuna's back, and Kazusa ditching everyone at the end are all messed and fucked up, however, these fuck-ups that are looked down upon by people are exactly why it brings it down to earth. Life isn't fair and shit hits the fan; everyone in the end has selfish motives and what is life if not lived to the fullest? It might be a bit of my personal philosophy inserted here but I enjoyed White Album 2 for the simple fact that life doesn't always go your way and this applies heavily when it comes to romance.

3) Best Girl -Psuedo- Wins: Alright yeah this is just my personal bias here I admit.
But god damn is it nice to have an anime where the side character and/or second romance wins out. Too many romance animes bring out the cast of characters yet from the first few episodes (and more commonly the damn openings) can one pretty much pick out which pairing will win out in the end. White Album 2 says fuck that shit and leaves the audience guessing until later into the second half of the show. Granted its essentially a lose-lose-lose situation for the love triangle, still nice to see best girl psuedo-winning though. Best Girl
Kazusa ftw

4) Lack of Visual Novel Stigma: For an anime based on an adult visual-novel, White Album 2 does a superb job in not carrying that stigma.
Even the sex scene shown feels like it resulted from natural progression built on emotional tension and panic rather than fap material.
The only time said stigma starts to settle in is not until the later half of the anime where the love triangle drama starts to show but for me it is only there in faint presence.
Might be also due to the fact that Haruki looks slightly similar to Makoto from School Days (obv Haruki is a better male lead).

So yes I really enjoyed White Album 2 and while I do wish for an adaptation on the second half of the story (does anyone know if its going to come), I am still fairly content in how it ended in 13 episodes.

Who wouldn't want to date/be with the peer who taught you music?

Quasar

Pilots Love Story 12 - Well that was odd. So you come all this way and you just crash your ship into the edge of the world? Also...there really aint much love in the 'Love Story'.

cajunator

Banned
And then aggravate you. :p

Well yes. thats certainly true too.

I looooove that little cockroach girl. So adorable.

Old chap that's more due to your scared nature of ghosts. While I ain't afraid of no ghosts. Or THUN-DAH

Ok this is really awesome. Im saving it.

Yeah, if you watch the show you might end up disagreeing, but I really don't know much about Gundam and pretty much every reference is going over my head, even still I just absolutely love the show. :)

Other people had mentioned it that when the premise was initially announced it sounded silly and not really my thing and something I personally was just going to ignore. Seeing some screenshots and gifs of the first episode posted and visually anyway it actually looked pretty good despite being focused on models. I watched the first episode and was hooked, just thought it's been fun every week.

Yeah, the way it was set up that Aila was so powerful and you know the guys are going to win for plot reasons, I hoped at least that they didn't get some kind of lame, cop-out type victory. You know, they manage to take out the funnels and then the show forgets that when she's first introduced she easily took out that other top guy without even using her personal Gunpla.

She basically defeats them three times over but stops each time to break free, so it worked out. Then the follow up antics were a fun way to break the tension that was maybe a bit much.

By all means post more Aila fanart!

There are lots of great ahoges, but he said hair antennae, which I take to mean literally antenna like hair composes of two or more ahoges. In which case KYH is definitely best!

I certainly do! I hope he comes back to us soon.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 39

At the end, Doremi said that she bets the two of them lived happily ever after. Since Sean was about to go to war (which in fairness Doremi was unaware of), I'm willing to bet he lived for maybe another few weeks after the wedding.

Gazoinks

You know as much as I complained about the melodrama in Golden Time, it's nothing like the latter half of White Album 2. Or what I read about the unadapted material.

You know, I still haven't watched the last episode of White Album 2. :p I really liked the first half of the show, but the drama got too much for me in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom