• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Girls und Panzer - 07
So everything was all fine and dandy and we finally got some background on Miho and also MORE TANKS but did they really just skip an entire fight?! WHY? I WANT MY MOE WAR FIGHTING DAMNIT.

Also yes, Yukari is pretty best. Although I kind really like the weird military style team as well.
The fact that they skipped it was a lol Italy joke. I thought it was good. They are making that fight into a separate OVA though.
Also you mean the History team right?

Nafe

Was watching with friends, so I've only gotten through half of it so far.

Ok. It's fine if you're not posting comments about it but since you weren't, I was just wondering if you had finished the show or were still making your way through it.

Gundam Build Fighters 21

Neat homage

Not knowing much about Gundam, what is this a homage to?

Gundam Build Fighters 23

Easily the best of the fun eps, I think, although.....

Fuck this, fuck this right here. This is now the most depressing thing in Gundam for me, pushing aside Sochie's fate in Turn A with ease.

I thought it was a fun episode but didn't get 99% of the references. I'm not sure what you're upset about then but the girl clapping there is how I felt when watching the show. Just having another good time.

Being Nafe is suffering.

It is. :(
I was going to post that those Aila pics will be how I'll feel when the show ends. I want a second season...

HappinessCharge Precure 8

If there's a problem with the names, I won't do it anymore.

I didn't have any problems with them. It was kind of funny to think about when reading.

Magical Princess Minky Momo: La Ronde in My Dream

So yeah I'd recommend you watch this!

This is the OVA Hitokage just mentioned that Rika Fukami was in. Looks like I'll really have to watch it at some point.

I like to imagine that in Titanfall, pilots also have to take a driving test before they are allowed to drive one!

Then, just like in an anime, a 15 year old or so boy whose never even seen a robot in person will hop into one and immediately be able to take on all these veteran pilots with years of training and experience. ;p

Midonin

Tears to Tiara 09-12

Surprise yuri. I knew the show was building up something between Lidia and Octavia, but I didn't expect it to end with an
"I love you" as she fell in a duel.
Octavia and Morgan continue to have the best chemistry among the entire cast - and Octavia's turncoat nature is being played out well. She admits that she's not entirely sure of where her morals should lie now, but she knows it's given her something she lacked. It was partially referenced in episode 9, but come 12, it's getting clear that I should expect a lot more speeches about "hope".

Narag

Not knowing much about Gundam, what is this a homage to?

1982 third 0079 movie poster:

pEyXiVWl.jpg

PTt1Le6.jpg

I mean, maybe it actually isn't but this is the sort of show that if you think it's referential, it probably is. Didn't hurt the theory when it lost the left arm shortly thereafter!

I thought it was a fun episode but didn't get 99% of the references. I'm not sure what you're upset about then but the girl clapping there is how I felt when watching the show. Just having another good time.

One day you'll watch 0080 and then you'll know!

Mr.Jeff

The fight they skipped will be shown in an OVA coming out later this year.

The fact that they skipped it was a lol Italy joke. I thought it was good. They are making that fight into a separate OVA though.
Also you mean the History team right?
Aha. Fair enough. Nice to see that they're at least going to show it at some point but it's still a pretty weird choice.
Also, I thought these were meant to be the nationals and yet the rounds from what your saying they are more of an international affair?

And yeah I guess I mean the history team if that's what they are. Outside of the main group and maybe the student council, the characterisation and explanations are a bit thin on the ground.

Does retrograde amnesia work like that though? Loss of memories before the traumatic incident occurred is common but I've never heard of loss of memories after the event in sporadic bursts. Especially after such a long interim.
There isn't one way amnesia works.
There are many way amnesia works , from total loss of memory to partial memory , and even then, given that a lot of things are in the brain and the subconcious, you can have the park that can make thing go hayware and it is different for each individual.

Case of multiples personalities ( especially after a traumatic event ) are also documented and their behavior is also quite diverse. Again golden time ( aside from showing us the viewer ghost banri ) doesn't go full fantasy and actually stay grounded within the realm of things possible even if the writter did add a big amount of drama.

Log Horizon 24

Bahahaha. Throw a harem into chaos.

Harem is the only route where everybody is happy !

Nafe

I also clap for Admiral Woofington enjoying Gundam Build Fighters and Mr. Jeff enjoying Girls und Panzer. :)

---

Spice and Wolf Episode 1

This is pretty good. World is grounded in reality well apart from a certain character. The characters seem likeable especially Holo. Something about her ears makes me want to pet them, like a dog :3

Didn't expect to see her real form, well some of it so soon. What I don't is she says she was born suggesting having a family and yet insists theres only one of her. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

iVepKko7Jej02.gif

1982 third 0079 movie poster:

I mean, maybe it actually isn't but this is the sort of show that if you think it's referential, it probably is. Didn't hurt the theory when it lost the left arm shortly thereafter!

Ok. Yeah, could be.

One day you'll watch 0080 and then you'll know!

Ok. Yeah, enough people here and in GBF recommend it so I'll try and watch it at some point.

Narag

Ok. Yeah, enough people here and in GBF recommend it so I'll try and watch it at some point.

It's an excellent OVA, not just good Gundam stuff but great anime despite the franchise ties. Beautifully animated, really heartfelt, etc.

Aha. Fair enough. Nice to see that they're at least going to show it at some point but it's still a pretty weird choice.
Also, I thought these were meant to be the nationals and yet the rounds from what your saying they are more of an international affair?

It's internationally-themed national teams, I believe. It's a bit of a confusing situation.

And yeah I guess I mean the history team if that's what they are. Outside of the main group and maybe the student council, the characterisation and explanations are a bit thin on the ground.

Characterization in Girls und Panzer is pretty light overall, but since the focus is kept mostly on the tank battles rather than personal drama it's not really a problem.

Wow! AnimeGAF moves fast. Did I miss anything?

Also plug in the daily "Everyone should watch Clannad + After Story if they're any self respecting anime watcher" here.

Toriko Episode 146 – Be Heard, Komatsu's Scream! Toriko is Revived!
tumblr_n2yxacytxJ1trmf5co1_500.gif

Well its definitely doing its own anime original ending but it feels like it is taking inspiration from a few other series. Toriko especially
losing full control going on a rampage then absorbing his lost self and gaining a new shiny faster more powerful form. I cant.

I think the last chapter it has some element of material from was 255.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 38

I really don't know if there is a right answer to the whole deal between Aiko's parents. But I have to say, though I kinda feel bad for feeling this way, I think this was the first time I actively felt pissed at Aiko's mom. For starters, I wonder whether her desire to care for her father is due to her genuinely being worried about him and wanting to care for him, or to her guilt for not being able to be there for her mother when she passed away. Either way, at what point is she finally gonna start worrying about her own daughter? When does she decide she isn't going to let Aiko get dragged through the mud anymore? And perhaps most of all, when's she going to stop letting Aiko blame herself for hurting her when Aiko has done dick to hurt anybody and has been hurt multiple times by the two of them?

Again, I feel bad for feeling this way, because it is unfortunate that her father's in ailing health, and I understand her attachment to her job and the people she cares for, and hell, I understand that she feels bad about not being able to take care of Aiko. But it's just that after all this time and after all the suffering that Aiko's been through because of the two of them, when does she become her top priority?

Gazoinks

I think I might actually get around to GBF now! I was holding off since I don't know much about Gundam, but enough people without franchise experience have liked it that I think I'll go for it soon.

Although I also want to try to catch up on Mushishi and Jojo before the next season starts. And the Yuasapocalypse takes no prisoners. Too much anime!

Gundam build fighters - 24

I haven't been THIS ANGRY to a character in a mecha in a long time.

You all know who this character is , the reason behind his action has been revealed and i'm EVEN MORE ANGRY.

he
ruined what should have been great moment.
Unforgivable.

To counter the amount of sh*t , the only way out was a plot device and a plot armor deus-ex machina ... when it should have been .....
it should have been ....

1395645161500.jpg

Wanted
Dead or Alive
Wanted because responsible for
ruining what should have been the perfect moment any gundam fan wanted.

I'm mad ... oh yes i'm mad

Kimi ga Nozomu Einstein 3

I appreciate that this is a seinen and that it shows a surprisingly realistic aspect of relationships that anime seems to think of taboo (sex). But what the fuck is up with the logic in the drama?

So if I date a girl for a month at most, and she gets in an accident, and I'm distraught for 3 years until I eventually move on, HOW THE FUCK AM I THE BAD GUY?! They weren't dating for that long. Sure the best friend is dating him now, but how is the guy looked down upon? The girl has been in a coma for longer than they dated. In fact I'm surprised he didn't move on after a year

Gundam build fighters - 24

I haven't been THIS ANGRY to a character in a mecha in a long time.

You all know who this character is , the reason behind his action has been revealed and i'm EVEN MORE ANGRY.

he
ruined what should have been great moment.
Unforgivable.

To counter the amount of sh*t , the only way out was a plot device and a plot armor deus-ex machina ... when it should have been .....
it should have been ....

I'm mad ... oh yes i'm mad

What's the point of the spoiler tag if you also have it in the quote box?

Totally forgot to post my thoughts on the finale of Log Horizon due to the Toriko filler ending talk

Log Horizon 25/S1

Fantastic, obviously the ending leaves a lot to be desired... but that's because we're getting season 2 this fall. All in all this has been a fantastic series full of laughs and plot that really make it one of the best I've seen in a long time. 4.5/5 season 2 needs to be here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom