• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 |OT| Back to the Future

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
- too easy in solo
Guess I suck more than I thought. But there's a difference between clearing a game and getting an elite pass. The former is actually quite easy, while the latter soon becomes very hard.

DBT85

so its definitely coming out for ps3? I will wait for that version if so...

They've not said anything about it. They used to do that with PSP games and everyone did just wait for it so sales suffered. They might decide no to bother this time and i wouldn't blame them.

VanWinkle

so its definitely coming out for ps3? I will wait for that version if so...

Why are you asking this like it's been practically confirmed or something? Not only has it not been confirmed, but it hasn't even been mentioned that they're considering it or anything. Am I missing something they've said?

I think I got a hang of Wipeout HD after watching a youtube video.

All I did was switch my airbrakes to L1 and R1 and things were better. Also learning to do out-in-out more efficiently.

Can't do it like I do it in Gran Turismo.

btkadams

Guess I suck more than I thought. But there's a difference between clearing a game and getting an elite pass. The former is actually quite easy, while the latter soon becomes very hard.
yeah, i'm finding it pretty difficult, but i played the crap out of wipeout hd.

btkadams

here are my wipeout shots. some of the blur is overkill lol but i'm just starting to get the hang of it.

DLMD4.jpg

RTh1r.jpg

G6YjU.jpg

nAmCe.jpg

the game runs so well guys. i know that we all bitched about it not being 60fps, but it still looks phenomenal in motion.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I thought I was a bit of a pro at some of these courses, then I realised it has pilot assist turned on - not 'extreme' but the one before that. Turned it off and now I'm a complete disaster.

Eusis

They've not said anything about it. They used to do that with PSP games and everyone did just wait for it so sales suffered. They might decide no to bother this time and i wouldn't blame them.
Yeah, I knew they were running a risk doing that, though it's more Rockstar's fault for starting the whole thing I suspect.

long loadtimes only frustrate me if it has to load the entire goddamn track upon restart. especially frustrating in trial&error based challenges. but if the restart is quick, no problems.

Number45

I thought I was a bit of a pro at some of these courses, then I realised it has pilot assist turned on - not 'extreme' but the one before that. Turned it off and now I'm a complete disaster.

Switching this off is the first thing I'm going to do. Learning curve will be brutal, but worth it in the end.
I'll still suck

LordAlu

long loadtimes only frustrate me if it has to load the entire goddamn track upon restart. especially frustrating in trial&error based challenges. but if the restart is quick, no problems.
It doesn't reload the entire track on restart - it does do a little loading but it's 5-7 seconds or so. Certainly more bearable than the 40 seconds or so it takes to initially load the track.

Sorry, what I meant to say was does it have full english support like Uncharted?

I literally have it in my shopping basket, just need confirmation.Thanks.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
He seems pretty confident that a patch is coming, looks like there are other tweets about it. Hope it's not too far off.

btkadams

i got a response from that guy about racebox. i think a bunch of fans have asked about it, sooo we shall see. it's definitely not a confirmation whatsoever, but i feel like if it wasn't a possibility he would say so.

vExfS.png

this is a vita title. they have never said otherwise. i wouldn't expect it to come to ps3 (especially since ps4 is arriving in the next couple years).

*nods*

I played the demo and thought it was pretty good. If I hold onto my preorder, this is definitely a title I'd recommend and get.

friz898

Would you guys tell me not to buy if I said:

1. I didnt like it until trying out cockpit view.
2. But even using this view on Wipeout HD demo, I could not place higher than 8/8 in 4 tries.

Hell is there some kind of xp/money grind system where I can makeup for lack of skill with overpowered car?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Would you guys tell me not to buy if I said:

1. I didnt like it until trying out cockpit view.
2. But even using this view on Wipeout HD demo, I could not place higher than 8/8 in 4 tries.

Hell is there some kind of xp/money grind system where I can makeup for lack of skill with overpowered car?

There's no grinding or improvement system, it's all skill. And there is a learning curve even on the easiest difficulties (especially with pilot assist off). You'd certainly get better at the game with practice, the campaign in HD makes that pretty easy. Even if you struggle though everything, once you're a few "levels" in, you can go back to the early stuff and breeze through it and see how you've improved.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The back on the case says "race up to 8 players over wi-fi vs PS Vita or PS3 players"

It has some tracks from the WipeoutHD that support cross-platform multiplayer. It's not really evidence they plan to port 2048. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add the rest of the HD/Fury tracks as DLC to 2048 though.

friz898

There's no grinding or improvement system, it's all skill. And there is a learning curve even on the easiest difficulties (especially with pilot assist off). You'd certainly get better at the game with practice, the campaign in HD makes that pretty easy. Even if you struggle though everything, once you're a few "levels" in, you can go back to the early stuff and breeze through it and see how you've improved.

Well I immediately turned pilot assist off. That isnt how I want to improve. Never had trouble with burnout, NFS, or ridge racer games but i just keep nailing the sides on every turn. First Wipeout I have played sincd original on PSX.

I just need a decent racer damnit. That I dont suck at.

btkadams

I don't understand why I suck so much at this game. I loved Pure and Pulse a great deal.

I guess it's just been a while.
it seems like it starts off much faster than in the previous games. i definitely felt like that too. i've played wipeout hd semi-regularly since it's release though, so i'd say i've gotten a little more over half of the events' elite passes.
Well I immediately turned pilot assist off. That isnt how I want to improve. Never had trouble with burnout, NFS, or ridge racer games but i just keep nailing the sides on every turn. First Wipeout I have played sincd original on PSX.

I just need a decent racer damnit. That I dont suck at.

make sure you use the airbrakes. also, if you double tap either of the airbrake buttons, it will make your ship move directly sideways a bit. this is especially handy when you're going on a straightaway with a shaped kind of like this:

|
|
|
/
|
|
|

that way you don't have to actually turn your ship and risk overturning.

Pallaris

Just what is the delio with the framerate in this game? I read the review on thesixthaxis which was pretty glowing but i've also seen mention of framerate issues in the game.

Is it 30fps solid or does it use a dynamic framebuffer w/tearing like HD?

I'm on the fence with this one. I'm planning to go all digital with my Vita going forward but that means making sure I don't get stuck with stuff that will annoy me. I'll buy (pending the loading fix) if the framerate is solid but i'm not getting gypped again like I did with Fury which made the tearing/framerate much worse.

would be good to get a definitive word on this.

thanks

Yea, I actually got both at the time, and ended up playing the PS3 version way more.

VanWinkle said:
Why are you asking this like it's been practically confirmed or something? Not only has it not been confirmed, but it hasn't even been mentioned that they're considering it or anything. Am I missing something they've said?

just a poor ordering of words i guess.

here are some pictures from today. i posted them in the na launch thread but i guess this is a better place for them.

UIXy2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c9ykQ.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JN0zJ.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yjAWy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It looks a bit like those unpaved parts of the tracks in Wipeout Fusion. That aspect wss one of the few redeeming factors of that game.

Ikkarus

Kind of gutted on it only having 5 teams.

I played the demo earlier this week and it is really slick (yep even at 30FPS). I will definitely be getting it on launch. I love everything about Wipeout, the setting, ships, weapons and especially the music. It's just a shame Icarus is missing. :(

Has there been any hints towards DLC? (It's early days I know).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PSY・S;35075017 said:
Is there going to be a PSN username list like in the Hot Shot's/Everybody's Golf thread?

If people post their GAF name, PSN ID and timezone I'll add them to the OP.

Ran rp

I guess I'll get it started. Looking forward to some crazy GAF races!

GAF ID: PSY・S
PSN ID: SuP3RiViAIN
Timezone: USA, EST?

Ikkarus

I didn't need to dig it out, I did the interview. =)
Nicely done in that case!

I am really looking forwarding to some OLED zone action, my eyes are going to be in for a royal treat!

I am just holding off pre-ordering it as I won a Vita when Sony came by my office but they didn't know which version of the Vita I would get plus they said they will chuck in a couple of games too, hoping one of them is Wipeout! If not then I am 100% getting it.

Wait, there's no Assegai?!
Timeline wise it's set before all the other versions of Wipeout therefore there is no Icarus or Harimau either. My two personal favourties. :(

Top Bottom