• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 07•07-09•17 - Minions cede dominion over box office, Homecoming KING

Not even close.

pai08uB.png
I still don't get how the hell On Stranger Tides was more expensive than At World's End... I mean, say what you will about the latter, but at least I saw where the money went there...

It'll be a PG-13 horror aimed at teens, I'd imagine.

But with superheroes in it.

And a fucked up demon bear.

edit: and yeah, Baby Driver gonna cross 75mil domestic, definitely. But can word of mouth carry it to 100?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Still cant buy any tickets for Spider-Man. Movie is starting on thursday, but I can only buy OV tickets for a screening on sunday.
I guess it will never release.

Penguin

I hate my city sometimes

Went to look into Dunkirk IMAX tickets... nearly 26 bucks for one.

Alas, I shall suck it up

Jawmuncher

It'll be a PG-13 horror aimed at teens, I'd imagine.

But with superheroes in it.

And a fucked up demon bear.

edit: and yeah, Baby Driver gonna cross 75mil domestic, definitely. But can word of mouth carry it to 100?

Yeah the concept of New Mutants for a studio I don't see going hard on the R.

New Mutants has solid talent on board. I think it could turn out well.

Fox is smartly handling its smaller X-Men properties, while confusingly having Kinberg leading the big entry. Still think offering Tim Miller the Dark Phoenix job would've made sense

If you all don't mind a shitload of political posts (all anti Trump) to get to some amazing artwork, follow Bill Sienkiewicz on Facebook. He usually posts a pic or two a day of whatever he just worked on, including some abandoned concepts, etc.

Why? Because he can handle Deadpool, which is something totally different to Mainline X-Men, it doesnt mean he can also do other X-Men franchises.

Deadpool isn't the only thing he's worked on. And his reasons for leaving Deadpool 2 involved wanting to make a larger scale movie. And at the time this was going down, the situation with Dark Phoenix was unclear. Could've been an amicable compromise.

7Th

Disney probably wants Mulan to be some sort of serious epic movie and are going to try to distance it as much as possible from the animated adaptation.

3N16MA

Banned
There are no 2D showings for Apes at the major theatres around here. Time slots are also pretty limited.

Homecoming is really squeezing it.

Nev

Banned
Disney probably wants Mulan to be some sort of serious epic movie and are going to try to distance it as much as possible from the animated adaptation.

But Mulan was some sort of serious epic movie.

Whatever, don't care either way for whatever garbage they might attempt to do. I'll stick to the original like I should've done with B&B.

kswiston

Mojo has actuals up. Spider-Man's actual was less than 0.1% off the estimate.

Baby Driver increased to $13.0M. Wonder Woman dropped to $9.8M. DM3 dropped to $33.6M

Top Bottom