• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office Est. 05•11-13 •12 - Depp/Burton bask in shadow of Whedon's Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

The Avengers 3rd weekend estimate is $57M. Total $459M

Battleship is estimated at $25.3M

EDIT: Avengers drop is about 45% which is a couple percent higher than The Dark Knight. However, it managed to increase its lead to $65M from the $60M lead last weekend. The Avengers is going to get a huge bump over TDK on Memorial Day weekend, but after that, I think TDK will make up some of the difference with better late legs. However, the Avengers is still looking good for $600M. If not, than it will be pretty close.

The Avengers 3rd weekend estimate is $57M. Total $459M

Battleship is estimated at $25.3M

Wrong!

GITESH PANDYA

twitter.com/#!/giteshpandya/status/204227450400542720

#Avengers wknd: $55.1M dom/$56M intl/$111.1M ww. Totals: $457.1M/$723.3M/$1.18B. 61% intl, UK $72.3M, China $69.3M.

ERC BOX OFFICE

twitter.com/#!/ERCboxoffice/status/204221940863467520

Box office behemoth! Marvel's THE AVENGERS officially scored $55M this weekend, for a jaw-dropping total of $457M--#6 all-time domestic!

kswiston

Wrong!

GITESH PANDYA

twitter.com/#!/giteshpandya/status/204227450400542720

#Avengers wknd: $55.1M dom/$56M intl/$111.1M ww. Totals: $457.1M/$723.3M/$1.18B. 61% intl, UK $72.3M, China $69.3M.

ERC BOX OFFICE

twitter.com/#!/ERCboxoffice/status/204221940863467520

Box office behemoth! Marvel's THE AVENGERS officially scored $55M this weekend, for a jaw-dropping total of $457M--#6 all-time domestic!

I got the info from the box office forums. Looks like ERC changed their total. they initially said $57M an hour ago.

Doesn't really change much. 47% drop.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So it has #3 all time and Domestic pretty much locked up at this point.

Don't think it's going to get to Titanic though at this point, would need to pull in another billion.

kswiston

the only question which remains is will it cross 600 million. I call between 585-595 million

Depends on how much it lags behind TDK in coming weeks. The lead right now is $63M. With Memorial Day, the Avengers should be ahead by around $75M ahead by the Monday of Memorial Day weekend. It needs to stay $67M ahead of TDK to hit $600M.

It will be close. I think Disney will re-expand the film later in the summer if it reaches $595 though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So next week is a holiday weekend. Wonder if The film can actually increase over this week next weekend. Probably all rides on MIB3's performance.

So next week is a holiday weekend. Wonder if The film can actually increase over this week next weekend. Probably all rides on MIB3's performance.
Replace the reporter with Whedon:

GykXr.gif

kswiston

For the 4-day weekend? I think it will be down over this weekend, but not by much. 10-15%, assuming next weekend's 3-Day drop is 25-30%

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I think MIB is going to under-perform. People mistake stars who have worldwide appeal and stars in films with actual appeal. And I'm not getting any sort of vibe from MIBIII. A sequel people didn't ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom