• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am pretty much stuck with "an ancient enemy" quest, it is bugged, i want to fight the Sea Witch! some Warcraft III nostalgia here!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
For those who hates the current Outlands, especially compared to the new old world, here are some hopes coming from a blue :

Blizzard said:
We also have remarked that if we are able to at some point in time, we'd like to revisit Outland to make it a better experience to move into.

At least they want to, it's a matter of when.

hamchan

I expect absolute chaos for a few days. Maybe I'll just keep leveling my current dudes and create my goblin later.

New Druids tanking suck. I almost pee myself when I see a Warrior or Paladin tanking because I know I won't have to TANK AND HEAL.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bisnic said:
At least they want to, it's a matter of when.
Blizzard wants to do a lot of things. This will probably never, or happen way way way way out.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So I hit lvl 55 last night and will undoubtedly be traversing through Outlands soon. You guys are scaring me with your impressions of that outdated area.

Mutagenic said:
So I hit lvl 55 last night and will undoubtedly be traversing through Outlands soon. You guys are scaring me with your impressions of that outdated area.

Walk boldly ahead. Burn your dread.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Dance In My Blood said:
Blizzard wants to do a lot of things. This will probably never, or happen way way way way out.
Really? I expect by the next expansion something might be done with Outland and/or maybe even Northrend. More than likely, though, the next expansion we will see new areas again and maybe even new classes, as opposed to new races.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hellfire-->Zang-->Terokkar Forest--->Nagrand
pray your 68
Howling Ford or Borean Tundra--->Dragonblish-->Grizzly-->Zul'Drak--->Sholazar
pray you're 80

JPBrowncoat said:
Outlands is fine. Usually hit 68 in 2 zones.

really, things must have changed since i leveled a DK in wotlk

Twig

Banned
Mutagenic said:
It's perfectly fine. People are just babies. It's not up to WOTLK snuff, but it's a far cry from terrible.

Spookie

Fucking zones totally overloaded as usual. You'd think they would combat this tbh I can't see wh- "BY FIRE BE PURGED"

... Best expansion ever. :lol

DeathNote said:
pray your 68
pray you're 80

I think I had heirlooms and did random dungeons a lot between quests. Went Hellfire -->Nesingwary Nagrand questline and bolted.

bill0527

DeathNote said:
pray your 68
pray you're 80

I got my Pally from 71 to 80 this past week. I had the BoA 10% xp shoulders and went Howling Fjord --> Dragonblight-->Grizzly Hills-->about 3/4ths of Sholozar --> 95% of Stormpeaks and I hit 80.

Completely skipped Zul'Drak and the tail end of Sholozar. Never had to step foot into Icecrown, although I did do the Argent Crusade quests at the beginning for a little extra $$$$.

Mutagenic said:

Nagrand is still among the most beautiful areas in the game, IMO.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Cool, it sounds like I won't have much to complain about with Outlands, especially since I recently went from 1-47 in pre-patched areas. Last night I made it from 50-55 playing casually.

Spookie

Ugh, forgot how utterly bottom of the barrel the WoW community is. Had the unfortunate delight of having to ask some cretin on how a quest works and had him flip out at me like he had aspergers.

Think I'll leave this for a few nights. :(

yanhero

Angelus Errare said:
Oh god, smoke bomb is going to be nerfed and or removed shortly :lol

Is that really smoke bomb though? That ability is only learned at level 85...

JPBrowncoat said:
Outlands is fine. Usually hit 68 in 2 zones.

I just leveled my vanilla rogue from 60 to 67 and I went through Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terokkar, and almost done with Nagrand. I skipped a few quests though.

hamchan

Spookie said:
Ugh, forgot how utterly bottom of the barrel the WoW community is. Had the unfortunate delight of having to ask some cretin on how a quest works and had him flip out at me like he had aspergers.

I think the WoW community is alright, a large range of characters. From assholes to some really nice guys, you'll meet all kinds of people in WoW.

It's not like DotA where mostly everyone you meet is horrible.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Spookie said:

Really? I can't count how many times random people have seen me questing and gone out of their way to shower me with gifts/money/buffs/advice. It's been one of the more positive online communities I've seen.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Quested around a few of the old world zones today just to see how Blizz updated them. It's neat to see how changed some stuff, but there's also plenty of "derp CATACLYSM CHANGED EVERYTHING" moments.

A good example is that the "Defias Cutpurses" hanging around outside of Stormwind have been changed to... wait for it... "Cutpurses." STORYLINE ADVANCEMENT.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Someone explain to me if this is normal, its been bugging me for months!

Why does things in the distance only show when they're in a corner of my screen? Example :

1) http://imgur.com/rWWLh.jpg
Just a bunch of mountains in Durotar

I move my camera to the left

2) http://imgur.com/1iesB.jpg
BOOM, giant tree out of nowhere!

I hate this shit. :( Im not even moving my character, only the camera.

Twig

Banned
Atrophis said:
Goblin starting areas are soooooo good.

Glad I didnt spoil this shit.
I hope they're not too goofy or filled with pop culture references. Getting so sick of that.

I mean I expect the gobbos to be humorous. They always have been. But I don't want anything like Harrison Jones infecting my experience, and I'm afraid the gobbos will be most susceptible to this bullshit.

The above makes me sound like some kind of lore nerd, which I am, but really I just don't like all the pop culture references. They're almost never cleverly implemented.

dimb

Twig said:
I hope they're not too goofy or filled with pop culture references. Getting so sick of that.

I mean I expect the gobbos to be humorous. They always have been. But I don't want anything like Harrison Jones infecting my experience, and I'm afraid the gobbos will be most susceptible to this bullshit.

The above makes me sound like some kind of lore nerd, which I am, but really I just don't like all the pop culture references. They're almost never cleverly implemented.
Sharks with lasers. Roll Worgen if you don't want stuff like that.

Twig

Banned
Bisnic said:
Someone explain to me if this is normal, its been bugging me for months!

Why does things in the distance only show when they're in a corner of my screen? Example :

1) http://imgur.com/rWWLh.jpg
Just a bunch of mountains in Durotar

I move my camera to the left

2) http://imgur.com/1iesB.jpg
BOOM, giant tree out of nowhere!

I hate this shit. :( Im not even moving my character, only the camera.
It has to do with the way Blizzard implements their camera perspective and draw distance algorithm, I assume. Unfortunately, I doubt there's a way around it.

Dance In My Blood said:
Sharks with lasers. Roll Worgen if you don't want stuff like that.
But then I'd have to play a shitty Alliance character. Why would you want me to suffer like that?

dimb

Twig said:
But then I'd have to play a shitty Alliance character. Why would you want me to suffer like that?
I don't. Goblins are way better, just expect to embrace Town-in-a-Box.

Twig

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
I don't. Goblins are way better, just expect to embrace Town-in-a-Box.
Heh. Well, I really want to level a goblin, so it's not like I'm going to let it bother me enough to NOT level a goblin. I just find it annoying.

eee changing my rogue from undead to goblin tomorrow. I really want to be a female....but their hands are so damn big:lol I will have to see tomorrow during creation

DarkJC

Spookie said:

Or you could just grow a thicker skin and realize that for every asshole there's someone who is nice and willing to help.

dimb

Door2Dawn said:
5o5828.jpg

Yes.

Calantus

I'm rolling a worgen warrior with a friend who is making a worgen druid, can't wait!

so do the servers upgrade based on server time? if so i gotta wait till 3 am :lol

DarkJC

Calantus said:
I'm rolling a worgen warrior with a friend who is making a worgen druid, can't wait!

so do the servers upgrade based on server time? if so i gotta wait till 3 am :lol

The switch flips at midnight PST, no matter what server you are on or where you are.

Flib

Goblin starting area is funny, but not crazy meme-y (at least after Kezan).

If you don't like Harrison Jones though, he's all over Vash'jir and Uldum (Uldum has tons of straight-up indiana jones scenes).

Evlar

Banned
Calantus said:

They upgrade at midnight PST.

Twig

Banned
Flib said:
Goblin starting area is funny, but not crazy meme-y (at least after Kezan).

If you don't like Harrison Jones though, he's all over Vash'jir and Uldum (Uldum has tons of straight-up indiana jones scenes).
i knoooooow i heard ):

At least most of the pop culture references are just little things on the side, maybe a quest here and there. But to make him this hugely in-your-face character that follows you everywhere makes me nerdrage!!!

Atrophis

Had a quick run around Hyjal and the questing is kinda boring so far :/ Horde and alliance thrown together at some small outpost to begin with. Not particularily epic. The zone intro on the other hand...

Lesath

GDJustin said:
Quested around a few of the old world zones today just to see how Blizz updated them. It's neat to see how changed some stuff, but there's also plenty of "derp CATACLYSM CHANGED EVERYTHING" moments.

A good example is that the "Defias Cutpurses" hanging around outside of Stormwind have been changed to... wait for it... "Cutpurses." STORYLINE ADVANCEMENT.

Well, shit, dude, what do you want? Should they just leave them as Defias Cutpurses even though they're supposed to be taken out by the old world heroes? Given the situation in SW, what other sort of humanoid enemy would be lurking immediately beyond its walls?

Hixx

Atrophis said:
Had a quick run around Hyjal and the questing is kinda boring so far :/ Horde and alliance thrown together at some small outpost to begin with. Not particularily epic. The zone intro on the other hand...

Hyjal has some fun quests, a couple of epic ones towards the end as well.

81 and a half and time to call it a night, I am fucking shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom