• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
AceBandage said:
Errr, my comp is brand new. Again that's with everything but shadows on highest setting. You aren't getting any better than the pics I posted.
I am, that's called 1080p (or it will be 1900*1200 once I get my new monitor)

B-Dex

We still haven't gotten our shipment in at the store. I bet they sent it ground by mistake yet again..... Not impressed.

Just finished playing RIFT beta over the weekend, and I have that itch for an mmo. I was considering resubbing wow for cataclysm (80mage, 80DK, both full t7.5 gear [tells you when I quit]) and then I saw the freakin mechanohog in that screenshot. Completely killed my mmoboner.

itxaka

Defeatist
J-Rzez said:
Yeah, not long for the Euro's, probably 8-9mins now lol. The forums are all going to start blowing up with pics and stuff.

8 minutes!!! I wonder if servers will keep with the massive log out - log in that will come :lol

Sethos

Banned
God dammit ...

Untitled.png

Magnus

Getting online now won't mean shit if there are already heavy queues on your server, right? I mean, everyone's going to have to relog come Cataclysm for their client to access all the new shit.

Meh, looked outside and decided not to go to the midnight launch. It's extemely foggy, and the streets are white with frozen mist. It's very slippery, not going to risk a car accident just for Cata xD

styl3s

AceBandage said:
Water on Ultra is pretty neat.
The new Sunshafts are cool.
Shadows are still a resource hog for no reason.

gnfJK.jpg

eXEko.jpg

Everyone on its highest setting (except shadows which is fair). 1380x768 resolution.
everything on mine is set to good/fair except shadows (low) and mine looks exactly the same as these pictures

KaYotiX

Banned
kinda glad i cant play till Wed becasue as with EVERY WoW expansion comes server Q's and crashes. Get it fixed so its fine on Wed. :D

Cata is now live on EU and I sooo want to avoid buying it! :lol I quit the game 2 years ago due to wrath being a massive fail and after seeing TB's vids he has me slightly pumped.

Damn it....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Braz the Mad said:
Just finished playing RIFT beta over the weekend, and I have that itch for an mmo. I was considering resubbing wow for cataclysm (80mage, 80DK, both full t7.5 gear [tells you when I quit]) and then I saw the freakin mechanohog in that screenshot. Completely killed my mmoboner.

How did you even have one after a weekend playing Rift?

KJTB

I'm envious of everyone who gets to play...

I have to wait until thursday night D:

Well, at least hopefully I'll get to miss out on some of the server crashing/lag infested zones.

Hixx

I thought, for once, Blizzard's server providers would put some thought into something like this. Oh well.

edit: being harsh but yeah, wotlk and tbc were flawless for me so this is disappointing :(

Sethos

Banned
Weird they can't cope now, seeing as how wotlk worked flawlessly ( for me at least ) - At 23:45 I could log out and log back in, bam everything was enabled. Blizz, don't disappoint!

Xavien

So EU login servers have pretty much crashed as expected :lol

They should really add a queueing system for the login servers.

So euros who were asking where gaffers play.

I'm on the Ahn'Qiraj PVP server, on horde. Horde dominated server. The cynical brit total biscuit guy has a guild here, so theres a huge guild of trolls that are to do with him, that kinda sucks.

I'm actually currently guildless myself, ho hum. Want to raid casually.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
MrPing1000 said:

I'm on the Ahn'Qiraj PVP server, on horde. Horde dominated server. The cynical brit total biscuit guy has a guild here, so theres a huge guild of trolls that are to do with him, that kinda sucks.

We should gather more EU Gaffers to team up and mess around all morning.

itxaka said:
I'm in, as long as I can log in xD
I can't right now. That might be a problem!

Sethos

Banned
Well, I'm on "Outland" if anyone's on that server - Massively populated PvP server with a great balance of Horde and Alliance.

Kweh

MrPing1000 said:

Yeah, I am on AQ aswell, only just come back after months away and have seen that Troll only guild, there's loads of them :/

Hixx

My phone crashed from having the authenticator open so long :lol

Had to take the battery out and it takes ages to boot up. Apparently some people already have 525 cooking skill :lol

glaurung

Wish I could play, have the digital download all done, the CE arriving later in the mail.

But the #132 error kills the game every 60 seconds.

Sethos

Banned
Is it just me or was / is encouraging people to log on at the same time at a huge expansion release a bit of a Blizzard Brainfart? Did they really think the login server would cope ...

Sethos said:
Is it just me or was / is encouraging people to log on at the same time at a huge expansion release a bit of a Blizzard Brainfart? Did they really think the login server would cope ...
Maybe they should have upgraded that pentium 1 login server.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Should not of started drinking before 11pm, going to be a wee bit drunk at this rate by the time the servers come online.

Ah well I've not got work tomorrow, but it would be a shame to fall asleep due to intoxication.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xavien said:
So EU login servers have pretty much crashed as expected :lol

They should really add a queuing system for the login servers.

I'm not bothering looking for ways to log in tomorrow :lol will just wait for UPS or w/e :lol

Yaweee

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/140525/experience-gains-1-85

We recently made a change to the way experience is calculated and wanted to take some time to explain this change in order to clear up some confusion some may be having in regard to their rate of progress. If you are currently at the maximum level that you can be for an expansion (or higher), killing creatures from that expansion will now grant 10% of normal experience.

Examples:

Level 60 or higher players get 10% normal experience for killing creatures in Azeroth (“Old world” content)
Level 70 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Burning Crusade creatures.
Level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Lich King creatures.
Level 85 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Cataclysm creatures.

What does this mean for those that have Cataclysm and are leveling up new characters? This means that you will gain normal experience through to level 60 and will then need to move on to The Burning Crusade zones until you reach level 70 and Wrath of the Lich King zones until you reach level 80. Once you reach 80, it is expected that you will be continuing your leveling adventures in the new Cataclysm zones and dungeons. We have made this change so that players will continue to progress through the appropriate content for their level versus grinding on quick re spawns in a less ideal location.

This change will also affect hunter pets and their leveling rate if the player is at max level, however, this is an unintended change that we will be addressing in the future.

What a ridiculous change. Even with it, it is still probably better to quest in Blasted Lands to 61 due to how much shorter quests are and how much more quest exp they give.

cutting it off at the 10s, rather than say, 61/71/81 or 62/72/82 is a huge mistake, imo, and just kills freedom to level where you want. I could understand a temporary change for level 80s, but applying it to the lower expansions is dumb.

Hip-hip-hooray for having to spend even more time in Outland with alts.

glaurung

LoL, I could log on to my realm once, create a goblin and the game crashed to the #132 error during the intro flyover of the goblin city. Some of those goblin hair styles look freaking spectacular.

Why can't Blizzard fix this shit.

Sethos

Banned
This was basically like entering the Olympics, psyching yourself up. The crowd goes wild as you step onto the field and get in position to do the run of lifetime - The eyes of the world is fixed upon you, the adrenalin is pumping and the heart is racing, you hear the shot ...

1282985419934.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom