• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Does not compute. Humans have the best PvP racial in the game.
I'm not up-to-date on the arena stuff right now--I still don't even know half the new shit in the game--but a friend tells me EMFH got nerfed and goblins are the new hotness.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dwarf Shaman now have an ability to get out of their achilles heel. Stoneform should be granted to every Shaman.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Damn. Friend pre-ordered online from Wal-Mart and got the disc today. He's installed and ready to go come 12:01am. As for me, I still have another 2 hours to head to the GameStop across the street.

Twig

Banned
Dresden said:
Besides, dorfs and spacegoats >>> belfs and emodead.
I'll agree on the belf front (I always love a good dorf), but undead are pretty ballin' and a far cry from "emo"!

Darkmakaimura said:
Damn. Friend pre-ordered online from Wal-Mart and got the disc today. He's installed and ready to go come 12:01am. As for me, I still have another 2 hours to head to the GameStop across the street.
Yep, me too. I've already got my account upgraded. Won't have time to play though for another week and a halffffffffffffffffffff.

Pachinko

You guys all mentioning horde players being more generous, perhaps it's the simple matter of being better role players.

I mean really, most people pop into wow for the first time and they just pick a human warrior and go to town. Going horde implies some actual fantasy, you aren't playing some human , no , now you are an orc or a troll or whatever. I just get the feeling that the bigger warcraft fans go horde because they've played more pen and paper rpg's or stuff like warhammer, they get more into it.

Lose themselves in the world a bit more and thus participate with other players better.

It should be pointed out that I've only ever played alliance because I never got really involved with the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Role players don't exist except in role playing realms. If people go to Horde for superficial reasons then it's because Horde are the "underdogs". Or look "cool".

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2 hours left.....

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I wasn't going to roll a Goblin Mage right off the bat, because the place will be packed to hell, but I can't resist. It's been so long since I went Mage.

Twig

Banned
Halycon said:
Role players don't exist except in role playing realms. If people go to Horde for superficial reasons then it's because Horde are the "underdogs". Or look "cool".
P much. Horde are boss-ballin'.

Haly

Alliance: All the guys look ugly except Dwarves, who are naturally ugly so that's okay.
Horde: All the girls look ugly except forsaken and belves.

Dresden said:
I'm not up-to-date on the arena stuff right now--I still don't even know half the new shit in the game--but a friend tells me EMFH got nerfed and goblins are the new hotness.

Don't think Every Man for Himself got a nerf. I thought it always shared CD with trinket. But it frees up a trinket slot which is nice. What did get nerfed on humans is Perception. They flat out removed it. Humans probably had an inordinate PvP advantage at that point.

Best PvP talents for horde are either Will of the Forsaken of the BElf silence.

Twig

Banned
Halycon said:
Alliance: All the guys look ugly except Dwarves, who are naturally ugly so that's okay.
Horde: All the girls look ugly except forsaken and belves.
[
260toiu.gif

Dresden

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Don't think Every Man for Himself got a nerf. I thought it always shared CD with trinket. But it frees up a trinket slot which is nice. What did get nerfed on humans is Perception. They flat out removed it. Humans probably had an inordinate PvP advantage at that point.

Looks like it's a 3min cd now, which is pretty bad. Unless they nerfed CC to the ground and made every game a spellcleave cockfest that one minute difference is pretty big.

Haly

Twig said:
Forsaken chicks are hot. Especially the way they're panting and heaving all the time and the way their mouth is just slightly open. (granted it's only one face but still!)

Also they have the hottest racial leader by far.

Chris R

Do I have to install/register cata to get stuff like guild levels, ect? I'm playing on my trial account (well, it is a full account, but I'm only going to play it for a month or two, so no cata right now) and want to know!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Ranged classes would use Arcane Torren a lot less than Rocket Jump. And there are many melee classes that already have silence. I'd rather have the extra mobility.

Twig

Banned
Halycon said:
Forsaken chicks are hot. Especially the way they're panting and heaving all the time and the way their mouth is just slightly open. (granted it's only one face but still!)

Also they have the hottest racial leader by far.
At least Sylvanas has all her skin and muscles intact, even if she is a little - just a little! - pale.

Haly

Twig said:
At least Sylvanas has all her skin and muscles intact, even if she is a little - just a little! - pale.
When the other races look like marshmallows out of lucky charms you don't pick and choose very much!

Did they update Jaina's model? I forgot.

bill0527

Halycon said:
Horde on the other hand, never really have evil tendencies as a whole. Oh sure there are dissenting factions and radicals but there are those in every (hell, one of them is King of Stormwind right now *ahem*). Except until now apparently because Sylvanas is going mad and Garrosh is Warchief (you know when Thrall comes back shit is going to hit the fan and one of them is going down)

Who does the Alliance have to redeem it? Jaina. That's it.

I just did a quest today on my Horde hunter in Northrend where they wanted me to let loose a cage full of rats to eat what was left of 15 corpses. Or take item X, use it on that prisoner over there and watch his face melt into a pile of goo.

I don't recall anything quite that sadistic on the alliance side, although there was a quest in Borean Tundra where they had you torture some people to get information, George W. Bush style.

Haly

bill0527 said:
I just did a quest today on my Horde hunter in Northrend where they wanted me to let loose a cage full of rats to eat what was left of 15 corpses. Or take item X, use it on that prisoner over there and watch his face melt into a pile of goo.

I don't recall anything quite that sadistic on the alliance side, although there was a quest in Borean Tundra where they had you torture some people to get information, George W. Bush style.
It's less specifics and more the general feel of the thing.

"Orcs are harassing us. IT WAS THE HORDE."
"Some evil taurens are doing evil tauren things. THE HORDE."
"THE UNDEAD MESSED EVERYTHING UP AT WRATHGATE. NOW WE STORM YOUR CITY."

Granted that last one is somewhat understandable but I hate Varian, almost as much as I hate Garrosh. Anyway it's more that the Alliance displays a kind of blissful ignorance where they put themselves in the right every time. Which, in the long run, is far more dangerous than a few sadistic individuals. (Who remind me of real people we deal with every election)

Twig said:
I'll agree on the belf front (I always love a good dorf), but undead are pretty ballin' and a far cry from "emo"!

Yep, me too. I've already got my account upgraded. Won't have time to play though for another week and a halffffffffffffffffffff.
How do you upgrade? I get a "pre-order digital version" when I click upgrade to Cataclysm on the launcher.

Haly

Big Papa Husker said:
How do you upgrade? I get a "pre-order digital version" when I click upgrade to Cataclysm on the launcher.
Go here: us.battle.net/account/

Log in. I think you can upgrade there if you haven't already. it should say "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm"

zlatko

Banned
Those CE portraits are awesome. :( Totally want that Worgen Marine one for my battle.net pic.

Anyone want to trade me that code for those pictures for say, $3.00 ? :D Will PayPal gift if anyone is willing PM me.

Halycon said:
Go here: us.battle.net/account/

Log in. I think you can upgrade there if you haven't already. it should say "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm"
Got it... Now, will I be able to do any dailies on my characters or am I done until Cata goes live?

Haly

Big Papa Husker said:
Got it... Now, will I be able to do any dailies on my characters or am I done until Cata goes live?
You can play until Cata goes live, at which point Blizzard should send an automatic message telling you to relogin.

Twig

Banned
zlatko said:
Those CE portraits are awesome. :( Totally want that Worgen Marine one for my battle.net pic.

Anyone want to trade me that code for those pictures for say, $3.00 ? :D Will PayPal gift if anyone is willing PM me.
Pretty sure it's all tied to the central C:CE key. They no longer do separate keys because they don't like when people sell keys on ebay or some such, and tying it all to battle.net allows for handling that all with one key instead of multiple separate keys.

Haly

Pride said:
Does anyone know if the Worgen "sprint" is on the same cooldown as a Rogue's sprint?
I don't think so.

But you never know with Blizzard and they might change it one day down the line.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

notsol337

marked forever
Elixist said:
5 mins gonna try to get the new flying, but fail cause dicks with mammoths are covering the vendor!

Just zoom all the way in and work yourself around a bit. You'll get it.

Or do what I did. I'm sitting in HFP right now logged out. No one will be out there.

Weenerz

Banned
Elixist said:
5 mins gonna try to get the new flying, but fail cause dicks with mammoths are covering the vendor!

Go to Key Bindings, looking for Interact With Target, /target trainer name, press the key you set. BAM!

Carm

Worst launch ever. Log out and log back in like they said to do, turn in quests, zero experience. And now I can't even log back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom