• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolligag

Yeah... You linked an alpha version of the female worgen. They look like this.

femaleworgens-500x395.jpg

Takuan

^ looks so weird :lol

Evlar said:
My advice would be to roll anything BUT a DK right now. The old world and the +80 zones are the stars of the show at the moment, and DK is constructed to give you the longest delayed satisfaction in experiencing them.

But of course, that's just from the point of view of exploring the content. If DK's class mechanics are what you crave then by all means.
Yeah, I thought about that, but DK is the only class that's new to me and I haven't played the game since vanilla WoW, so really just about everything is a new experience. I may do another class for kicks, but to me, Worgen only look cool in plate armor - I don't want to do another warrior or pally, so that leaves me with the DK.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My post from other thread:

Blackrock Caverns 5/5
Difficult (although sometimes maybe a bit too hard). Fun. Every class has an important role :)

Throne of Tides 4/5
Very good stuff, but the graphics makes this 4/5 instead of a 3

The Stonecore 3/5
First boss is too hard, but the rest of the instance is good shit.

Halls of Origination 3/5
Not too hard, not too easy. A lot of fun.

Grim Batol 2/5
Boring, not difficult.

Vortex Pinnacle 1/5
Should be taken away from Cataclysm. Completely.

Majine

Banned
Lolligag said:

femaleworgens-500x395.jpg
:lol I know they have a human form, but in this picture it just looks like she has a human pet. Especially since she is a hunter.

I have 5 scrolls of resurrection I can give away. These scrolls are 10 day trials for players who have had canceled subscriptions for more than 90 days and NOT upgraded to the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. You can play the new 1-60 Azeroth content and the 60-70 Burning Crusade Outland content. Send me a PM with your email address if you want one.

I also have 19 Recruit a Friend invitations I can give away. These are 10 day trials for new players.

Angry Grimace said:
The other raids we currently know about are The Firelands and the Caverns of Time raid, The War of the Ancients. They may or may not be the next patched in raids.

Firelands is scheduled for patch 4.1 (the first major content patch) - that was confirmed at Blizzcon this year. It isn't clear what, if any other dungeons or raids will be released with it though. War of the Ancients in Caverns of Time may come at any time, but I would bet 4.2 (or later).

notworksafe

Oni Link 666 said:
I have 5 scrolls of resurrection I can give away. These scrolls are 10 day trials for players who have had canceled subscriptions for more than 90 days and NOT upgraded to the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. You can play the new 1-60 Azeroth content and the 60-70 Burning Crusade Outland content. Send me a PM with your email address if you want one.

I also have 19 Recruit a Friend invitations I can give away. These are 10 day trials for new players.
US or EU? I can add you to the OP with everyone else.

Lolligag said:

http://azeroth.metblogs.com/files/2010/09/femaleworgens-500x395.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Sorry, I don't keep up with the inferior faction. :lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Oni Link 666 said:

That is what it says on the FAQ page but the scroll still worked on my old WOLTK enabled account.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, if it's not in the OP, remember you can upgrade and download Catalcysm digitally and online, and log on at 12 when the servers are open.

Angry Grimace said:
Also, if it's not in the OP, remember you can upgrade and download Catalcysm digitally and online, and log on at 12 when the servers are open.

More specifically, that's 12 a.m. Pacific Time! 1 a.m. Mountain Time, 2 a.m. Central Time, and 3 a.m. Eastern.

I deleted all my WoW characters (alts, twinks, main, 80s, everything) over the summer because the shit was so tempting to go back to over and over again. So far it has worked well.

Until now.

Now I'm being bombarded by all this press. Assaulted at every turn by web ads and television promos. So much so that I even cracked my seal to take a peek in a few threads such as this one about the new expansion.

BACK, BACK I SAY YOU TREACHEROUS DEVIL GAME! I KNOW OF YOU EVIL WAYS! YOU SHALL NOT TEMPT ME AGAIN!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've had absolutely zero hype for cataclysm. I even got in an argument here on GAF about how it didn't interest me (too lazy to dig up the topic though).

But within literally the last couple days I have started to come around. Considering picking it up after all. It'a archeology of all fucking things that is swaying me. What can I say? I'm a casual at heart. Mostly play the game to explore the world.

Elixist

so is there gonna be new dungeons for lower levels? the old dungeons are really showing there age. Is fishing going to be funner? Thought i read that somewhere.

Been rolling with my brother and we just started some trolls, so fucking good, we made it to lvl 13 today an played 15 mins or so in ashara and its just changed for the better so much except for its baby town antics difficulty. Quests are alot better an funner, hardly any annoying as hell walking 10 miles bullshit. Love the midwestern durotar swamp awesome graphics an pretty fun quests.

Elixist said:
so is there gonna be new dungeons for lower levels? the old dungeons are really showing there age. Is fishing going to be funner? Thought i read that somewhere.

The 1-60 dungeons are mostly staying the same with certain dungeons being improved to either suck less like Sunken Temple (notworksafe is going to kick me for saying this) or Deadmines which has completely new bosses. Some changes like cutting the fat from Wailing Caverns will not be happening until the release of 4.1.

Great thread. Are the raids tiered in any way, or can you start any of them once you get to 85? I hope at least one raid is more difficult than the others

DSN2K

I installed the trial......WHAT HAVE I DONE :lol

nah to be honest its been years since Ive played it, World has certainly changed I will tip my hat to Blizzard for that...It's quite impressive, first thing I did was fly basically across the world from pretty much every flight point to the next.

I was a bit taken back seeing darkshore...Ashenvale, Stormwind...I forgot how amazing the Music is in this game.

Just Walking around Stormwind, watching everyone going about there daily WoW lives certainly brought back some memory's!

It was a nice trip back for a day but I wont be returning again I imagine.

Alex

Several folks in our guild seemed to agree that the new music is almost unsettling at times because with Brower taking over most of the gig, it's just way too good to be a video game soundtrack now. :lol I love it though, it's such a stark contrast considering I bitched about music in this game so much in the past beyond the rare treat like Eversong or Grizzly Hills.

But yeah, redeemed now. I want to know how much money they spent on this, it's so fucking lavish. It's the kind of soundtrack you dreamed of in an RPG as a kid and occasionally get in a big set piece or a title song.

Man I never thought I'd be saying this shit about the WoW score. It's easy to win me over with attention to sound, because it's so neglected in gaming. =/

The 1-60 dungeons are mostly staying the same with certain dungeons being improved to either suck less like Sunken Temple (notworksafe is going to kick me for saying this)

Sunken Temple is so much better now, I was expecting some pain queuing for that the other day. Nice and focused, they def gored more than I expected though.

Amazed that they barely touched BRD. That place still fucking confuses me even with experience and maps.

Elixist

HarryDemeanor said:
The 1-60 dungeons are mostly staying the same with certain dungeons being improved to either suck less like Sunken Temple (notworksafe is going to kick me for saying this) or Deadmines which has completely new bosses. Some changes like cutting the fat from Wailing Caverns will not be happening until the release of 4.1.

Bummer, cheers for the reply. Awesome Op btw, must resist... must resist gettingg cata....

PhoenixDark said:
Great thread. Are the raids tiered in any way, or can you start any of them once you get to 85? I hope at least one raid is more difficult than the others

I don't believe there is any specific "tiering" to the release raid content. No Malygos equivalent, for example. The only thing similar is Lady Sinestra, a heroic-mode only boss that drops loot half a tier better in the Bastion of Twilight only available after defeating Cho'Gall on heroic in that lockout. And really, that's more like a mix between heroic Lich King and Algalon.

As far as I know, you can do Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight, or Blackwing Descent in any order you wanted to. The progression only depends on what's best for your guild.

Adamm

Pre-orderd the special edition months ago - although im worried it probably wont get here because of the snow :(

May have to download the digital copy also :lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
holy fucking shit at that world reborn video.

some of those environment and character designs blew me away. *bow* blizzard. THE best developer in the industry.
even if the SC2 campaign was lacklustre. fingers crossed for hots

Drame

Great OP!

My Cataclysm CE shipped yesterday so
I'm ready.

Going resurrect my old alliance rogue as a goblin. Going from Commander to Lieutenant General will sure feel strange.

Ah, but being a goblin will surely feel good.

Kyoufu

Digitally pre-ordered mine. I'm ready to log in on the 7th and play immediately.

Question though. Didn't they say they were going to revamp all the current racials? I've seen nothing yet! :(

KaYotiX

Banned
cant wait to re-make a brand new char after 9 months of not playing due to boredom of Lich King content (did it all and saw it all, at least everything that was available then)

WHOOOO!!! :D

CE is already at my Gamestop.....wish they would just let me have it already.

Grampasso

I can use the EU scroll if needed.
Also, I appear twice in the spreadsheet since I changed realm yesterday and I reapplied for the change. Runetotem is the right realm

Naeblish

I'm probably re-subbing too, for the second time. I played WoW vanilla from release (and some beta) and it was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. Played with a few classmates, started up a guild and had a lot of fun towards 60. Wow's Rogue is still one of the most fun classes i've ever played in any RPG. Unfortunately, when some reached 60 and wanted to raid it caused some arguing which ultimately broke up a fantastic guild. After that i quit.
I re-subbed some time after the wotlk release, because a classmate asked me to join his guild. Rushed a DK to 80 to be able to raid with them, but he quit of boredom when i hit 79 and the guild fell apart (he was leader), that sucked lol.

Thinking of making a Worgen Rogue, playing at a casual rate and just enjoying the new content (actually reading quests and all that). Rushing to max level just takes so much fun away. Don't know if i'll keep playing after i hit 60 though, never really liked Outland and it's probably going to suck even harder after Cata content.

notworksafe

Added standard, collector's, and digital edition version stuff to the OP.

EDIT: Also fixed the spreadsheet and added you to the OP, Grampasso.

LordAlu

Stopped playing about a month or so ago as all I was doing was heroic 5-mans and I knew when Cataclysm came out i'd be replacing all the gear I was after. Got the CE on order and will be picking up a time card on Tuesday. I think i'll be spending the first few hours just looking around at what's changed! :lol

Naeblish said:
Don't know if i'll keep playing after i hit 60 though, never really liked Outland and it's probably going to suck even harder after Cata content.
Outland was pretty boring, but you can get through it pretty quickly, then take your time with the Northrend stuff, it's much better with fun quests and great zones. I enjoyed WotLK far more than I did the Burning Crusade stuff.

Dina

That World Reborn video is so fucking awesome. The music playing a huge part here, as well. Cata's score is a real step-up and it's gonna be the first time I have the in-game music turned on while leveling, as opposed to winamp.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mauradon is still a peace of crap dear god.

profit

Great job on the OP NotworkSafe!
I personally cant wait for cata, too bad it launches in the month where I have like not a single day off :(

Edit: you can add me to the EU scroll people.

And if any people on the EU side are looking for a server, I'm rolling on Kul Tiras, really nice server with a lot of friendly people imo, ideal to start on.
If youre interested, /w Soraxas, Leurc on the Horde side; or Soraxes, Sublima, Kearaa on the Alliance side!

Zeal

Banned
i know this isn't a guild recruitment type thread, so i'll put it out there more for the Gaf community. if anyone currently plays Alliance on Khadgar, we would love to have you with us. newly formed guild called Stormbringer of old wow veterans. goal is to level all the way to 85 and raid together. casual and laid back.

www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

join us.

Raide

After 6 months away (played since EU Beta), I finally re-subscribed again. So much has changed, its almost like playing a new game again. Having to learn classes over, figure out where things are in cities, work out where things are in the UI...damn good job Blizzard. You made an old game feel new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom