• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Carm said:
Worst launch ever. Log out and log back in like they said to do, turn in quests, zero experience. And now I can't even log back in.

No experience? Thanks for letting me know :) Now i know not to waste time!

Also, how can the game be stuck at "Success"? XD

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Weenerz said:
I have heard even Hyjal quests arent rewarding XP. Watch out guys and gals.

You need to log off and log back on. Good luck doing that right now, though.

Sai-kun said:
No experience? Thanks for letting me know :) Now i know not to waste time!

Also, how can the game be stuck at "Success"? XD

Because thats just the master server authenticating your account. After that its trying to connect to whatever is your default realm.

Carm

Zefah said:
You need to log off and log back on. Good luck doing that right now, though.

Yea that's not working either, have logged in/out 5 times zero change on Thunderhorn and hyjal mob kills aren't giving exp either.

iammeiam

I made a Goblin named Zuulander without any foreknowledge of the starting area.

Then I'm driving around and pass what looks like a gas-station gas fight, followed by pulling up to a store and hearing the "Szabo. He's SO hot right now." line.

This starting area makes all the other ones look lame.

Sullen

:lol @ there being 100+ drakes/proto drakes of various varieties occupying every inch of the boat to Vashj'ir on Illidan. Endless sea of flying mounts.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just logged on for a moment and the realm first max fishing announcement popped up. Some people are crazy. :lol

Also, I'm in the top guild on my server (as a non-raiding guild friend), and we're already at the daily guild XP cap for the day. :lol

Tucah

you speak so well
Saw realm first skinning and fishing on my server :lol

Made a Worgen, their starting area is fantastic. Having a ton of fun, about time to sleep though.

Sethos

Banned
563155582.png

twiddling my thumbs wondering if my CE will arrive today. I'm thinking no. Seriously why the hell did the online retailers not get the stock until Saturday?

Sai-kun

Banned
Roomie told me that someone told him (oh god) that you can only fight the Lich King now if you have Wrath items, which basically means your average ilvl is <277 or whatever.

Confirm/Deny?

Hari Seldon

Some questions:
1. Where do you learn flying in OG Azeroth?
2. Are there quests to direct you to the new zones?

Edit: Also this sucks about the nerfed XP. I saved 3 zones in Lich King (since I pretty much skipped that expansion) to level up in while the Cata zones where getting hammered. Now these quests are wasted I guess. :(

notworksafe

Sai-kun said:
Roomie told me that someone told him (oh god) that you can only fight the Lich King now if you have Wrath items, which basically means your average ilvl is <277 or whatever.

Confirm/Deny?
Deny.

Hari Seldon said:
Some questions:
1. Where do you learn flying in OG Azeroth?
2. Are there quests to direct you to the new zones?
1. At any flight/riding trainer. SW, Org, Dal, Outland, wherever.
2. Yes, check the bulletin boards.

Evlar

Banned
You can track when the authentication server recovered to the minute by noting when the avalanche of posts stopped. :lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OAK CREEK, WI, US 12/07/2010 7:19 A.M. A FLIGHT DELAY OCCURRED BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL REASONS
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 12/07/2010 7:34 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/07/2010 2:26 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/06/2010 9:33 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

so. so. so. so. pissed. I am going to fucking kill someone (and get some sort of credit from amazon)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm glad i dont buy games through the internet. I dont have to deal with delays or shit like that. :lol

borghe said:

so. so. so. so. pissed. I am going to fucking kill someone (and get some sort of credit from amazon)

Not Amazon's fault, they shouldn't give you anything but a refund if you refuse shipment when it does get there.

I'll never understand why people keep buying online when they want a game on day one anyway. There are too many variables that can keep you from getting your game. Nothing beats B&M when you absolutely have to have something at a certain time.

RPGCrazied

borghe said:

Yeah, that sucks. Try and find $40 and get the regular edition in a store, so at least you can play while you wait on your CE box.

RPGCrazied

Spookie said:
Oh jesus. I use to raid with him too. :lol

I'm already growing bored of this expansion, it's not grabbing me like Wrath did. :(

Maybe you saw the new old world, when it first got launched? See, that is why I was waiting to see it when I got Cataclysm.

Raide

After 6 months I restart playing, love the changes. Just went into town and picked up Cata for £24.99. Hooked again. :lol

borghe

blurredvision said:
Not Amazon's fault, they shouldn't give you anything but a refund if you refuse shipment when it does get there.
next day air and 2nd day air are guaranteed services. The important thing here is "guaranteed". I call amazon because UPS won't work with me as the recipient, they will only work with the sender. But yes, Amazon calls them and unless there's like a weather exception or the recipient isn't home, UPS has to give amazon a refund on the shipping costs Amazon paid UPS, and usually (always actually) amazon has been cool about tossing me back a few bucks in credit (usually $10) as a result.

For Prime customers, guaranteed delivery services mean guaranteed. If it's not there when it's supposed to be, UPS has to refund the shipper and the shipper will usually pass some of that back on to you. Of course stuff like free super saver shipping, ground, Home Delivery (FedEx), etc aren't guaranteed services. But usually if it gives a number of days (overnight, 2nd day air, 3 day select, etc) it means it's a guaranteed service and they have to refund to the shipper if it misses the schedule because of a company problem.

edit - I should point out that I've worked with this as both a customer and a business. as a business we used to put refund requests through to fedex all the time for missing dates. well, actually fedex wasn't that bad with it, but if they missed a date all we had to do was fill out a form on the web and there wasn't a single time we (as the business) weren't given the refund which we then gave back to the customer sans handling. And we were actually given refunds on weather also, though as I understand it the companies aren't required per terms to give refunds on weather. FedEx wasn't bad, but as a customer it seems UPS is much worse. Anyway, like I said I've gotten a number of refunds from Amazon on shipping, and the biggest thing to point out is that I don't "pay" for shipping in that it's covered under prime. But I'm paying them $80/year for a guaranteed service. If it doesn't arrive when it's scheduled to, it seems only fair to be compensated.

edit 2 - all is well... :) next day air really means next day to UPS. currently out for delivery.

Spookie

RPGCrazied said:
Maybe you saw the new old world, when it first got launched? See, that is why I was waiting to see it when I got Cataclysm.

I've gone in as a virgin to the changes only sat in OG chatting to a few ex-guildies. I just don't like the flow of the new zones. I'll keep going though. I'll hit 85 and see if things pick up.

I could care less about CE or physical copies, bought it digital and played about 20 minutes before work :lol Hyjal zone was packed and got killed by guards as soon as I landed for some reason :lol

glaurung

TimHortons said:
I could care less about CE or physical copies, bought it digital and played about 20 minutes before work :lol Hyjal zone was packed and got killed by guards as soon as I landed for some reason :lol
I think Blizzard has taken a rather stern approach to culling the excess players in a zone.

borghe

glaurung said:
I think Blizzard has taken a rather stern approach to culling the excess players in a zone.
it's actually not a zone (if you mean the 10%). it covers the whole xpac. zone to zone you should still be fine (unless of course you're in an old xpac zone after leveling into the new xpac).

Flib

Ferrio said:
Went through the black rock instance, same old aoe nonsense.

That one is tuned for level 80's in leveling gear. It improves, trust me. None of the normals are that hard, it's the heroics that are really fantastic.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
fna84 said:
I had no idea you had to be level 80 to do the quests in the new zones :(

Time to level up my 78 warrior in northrend.

Yeah, sucks. It was 78 then they raised it.

Woke up early this morning to play for a couple hours before work.

Wanted to try out Vashj'ir, but the quest seemed to be bugged (I rode the ship from Stormwind twice but never got credit for it). Guildie told me I should be following some shamans under a rock somewhere but 1) this was never actually explained to me in-game at any point, and 2) there were no shamans anywhere besides the quest turn-in guy.

So I just went to Hyjal and waded through a sea of rock elemental corpses and actually made progress instead. Vashj'ir looks lame anyway. Swimming quests suck.

On an unrelated note, I came across the "The Day Deathwing Came" quest while doing Badlands loremaster achievement. If you haven't seen this before, you MUST do it. It is literally the best thing Blizzard has ever done.

glaurung

I had UPS bring my CE to the office, but even once I get home and get around to unpack it, I will not be able to play it.

Still suffering from the #132 errors all the time, and the Technical Support forums have not been much help so far either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom