• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Azwethinkweiz said:
I don't think Swamp of Sorrows really changed much at all either.

I think it changed quite a lot. New goblin town, new Alliance fortress, quests from a dragon to explore the outside of Sunken Temple. Its completely different than the old Swamp. The only thing you could do as Alliance before in this shitty zone was some quests from a lone human near Stonard and some draenei quests to the northwest.

Yaweee

Yoshichan said:
No, there were NO changes in Dustwallow March except for ONE quest that leads to Thousand Needles. So what YOU on about? I'm talking from a horde perspective here.

Ah, then I guess there isn't much for Horde. Still a damn good zone, though, and for anybody that hasn't leveled since Burning Crusade, it is new.

Twig said:
Indeed, Outlands is nowhere near "seriously suck[ing] so fucking much". It's actually pretty great! As long as you aren't driven off by the general theme of the world. I know some people are.

Going from Blasted Lands to Outland was a huge slap in the face. Quests give less exp, are more spread out, take longer to do (lower drop rates and higher #s), and it takes more exp per level. I actually really like the look of the zones and the theme of the world, but my leveling slowed down tremendously once I got there.

Re: Swamp of Sorrows

Very changed zone. Like, a ton. First stop is a goblin town on the coast, then a goblin outpost further south along the shore that shoots you on to a distant boat, then a smaller goblin outpost, then a mini one-person "instance" boss chain inside Sunken Temple, using the remote-quest turn-ins for a very cool quest chain that gives almost as much exp as Hellfire quests.

Also, extensive phasing during Alliance vs. Horde "attacks" (turn in a quest, then turn around to find a surprise attack on Stonard with a crapoload of Alliance inside the city. Alliance have a new city just north of Sunken Temple, with a bunch of "pvp" quests right outside of it for both factions in a battlefield. Harborage also has a new Alliance flightpath.
http://www.wowhead.com/zone=8/swamp-of-sorrows

I brought my Paladin from 30 to 60 in the revamped zones, but once I got to Outland leveling seems to have slowed to a crawl. I think they need to update Outland next.

JWong

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
I don't think Swamp of Sorrows really changed much at all either.
Oh that place has MASSIVE changes. Probably isn't a single quest that is the same.

Well, maybe 90% change. Still kill murlocs.

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
man i only got to play this morning for like 10 min, AHHHH!!! can't wait to get home and beat the shit out of those fucking hordes :D :D :D

btw im so pissed that all the drop items have higher level than my wrathful equipment D::::

Hari Seldon

bloodforge said:
I brought my Paladin from 30 to 60 in the revamped zones, but once I got to Outland leveling seems to have slowed to a crawl.

That is probably the original leveling speed instead of the artificially sped up speed maybe?

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
flyinpiranha said:
Is there a cheap way to upgrade an account all the way to Cataclysm without paying $39.99 for each xpac?

you should try amazon and see if they still have the battlechest and WOTLK cheap man that's the only way

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Did blizz say if they were adding any new servers for all new chars/new economy? I was hoping to to start my goblin on a PVP server without many twinks.

Yaweee

bloodforge said:
I brought my Paladin from 30 to 60 in the revamped zones, but once I got to Outland leveling seems to have slowed to a crawl. I think they need to update Outland next.

Yeah, the leveling rate drops to around 25%~35% of the last few levels in Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows, or Sunken Temple.

Sunken Temple is a great instance now. Just the bottom floor, 3 quests right inside the entrance, 6 bosses in like 25 minutes.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Well it looks the same and the quests are boring as shit.

Only the last 10~20% of the zones has similar quests, at least for Horde side. I don't know, the free ~40k exp inside the solo Temple killing former boss enemies is pretty new. More roads, more flight paths, phasing... I really don't understand how people can think of it as the same.

Both factions have long quest chains that lead to a huge phased attack on Stonard.

So, more focus on world pvp? BG pvp?

How are warriors? Is fury any good in pvp again? Probably not but have to ask.

Anyone have a scroll of resurrection so I can try it out?

Yaweee said:
Only the last 10~20% of the zones has similar quests, at least for Horde side. I don't know, the free ~40k exp inside the solo Temple killing former boss enemies is pretty new. More roads, more flight paths, phasing... I really don't understand how people can think of it as the same.

I don't know, it didn't feel new and cool like the other zones. I wish I could've skipped it and gone straight to blasted lands. That was a lot more fun.

Yaweee

Azwethinkweiz said:
I don't know, it didn't feel new and cool like the other zones. I wish I could've skipped it and gone straight to blasted lands. That was a lot more fun.

I was so far ahead in exp by Swamp of Sorrows that I easily could have skipped it, but I'm glad I didn't. I had even skipped Burning Steppes right before that.

Twig

Banned
Biff Hardbody said:
So, more focus on world pvp? BG pvp?

How are warriors? Is fury any good in pvp again? Probably not but have to ask.

Anyone have a scroll of resurrection so I can try it out?
I'll give you a scroll. :D PM me if no one else got to you first!

A lot of the zones seem to promote world PvP pretty heavily, at least in general theme (ALLIANCE VERSUS HORDE ROOOOAR), but I saw very few people even my own faction while questing the past week or so. ):

Yaweee

Twig said:

A lot of the zones seem to promote world PvP pretty heavily, at least in general theme (ALLIANCE VERSUS HORDE ROOOOAR), but I saw very few people even my own faction while questing the past week or so. ):

There will be a lot more Goblin and Worgen, hopefully. I noticed the population thinned out tremendously as I progressed.

I think the phasing hurts the PvP population density.

RPGCrazied

Uhh, Outland leveling is much faster. Back in the day you had to do every Outland zone to get to 70, now you can pretty much skip either Netherstorm or Shadowmoon Valley.

Twig

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Uhh, Outland leveling is much faster. Back in the day you had to do every Outland zone to get to 70, now you can pretty much skip either Netherstorm or Shadowmoon Valley.
Really? I'm fairly certain I only ever got to Shadowmoon Valley after I hit 70.

RPGCrazied

Twig said:

I guess its different for some people, but its faster now. Isn't it documented somewhere? I know the XP gain has to be raised.

webrunner

Twig said:

For what it's worth, after the Outland XP reduction (I KNOW there was a reduction because the talk when Cata came was whether Northrend would have an XP nerf like Outland) and me and my GF did Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Nagrand, and one town each in Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm when we hit 70.

dorkimoe

i just cant wait to see the guild achievements and bonuses. in a nerd infested guild so it shouldnt take long to get some sweet stuff

Flib

It's faster no, but it seems slow as hell. Just leveled a Paladin through there (my 4th 80) and it was such a drag.

Yaweee

RPGCrazied said:
I guess its different for some people, but its faster now. Isn't it documented somewhere? I know the XP gain has to be raised.

XP per level was decreased a month or so before Wrath came out, much like how they decreased the 70-80 exp per level shortly before Cataclysm.

As far as zones in Outland, entering at 61.4, I'm going to get away with only doing Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, part of Terrokar, and Netherstorm, and I could end up leaving Netherstorm way early (but I won't, because that zone is awesome for leveling).

webrunner

Flib said:
It's faster no, but it seems slow as hell. Just leveled a Paladin through there (my 4th 80) and it was such a drag.

Part of the problem is that Hellfire is a total pain except that first time when it's like WOW THE WORLD IS BROKEN AND ON FIRE.

After that you start to notice things like having to keep going across that #$*(ing trench in the middle and how the quests take you all over the place.

webrunner said:
Part of the problem is that Hellfire is a total pain except that first time when it's like WOW THE WORLD IS BROKEN AND ON FIRE.

After that you start to notice things like having to keep going across that #$*(ing trench in the middle and how the quests take you all over the place.

Fuck, that's pretty much all of wow now. Go through this trench to get me such and such or kill so and so.

*is just mad because plants vs. zombies in game can only be done once.

Shadowlink283 said:
you should try amazon and see if they still have the battlechest and WOTLK cheap man that's the only way

Hrm, yeah, the original +TBC is $25 and WoTLK is $20. That's not too bad considering it might be for my girl and she won't even hit 60 the first couple months.

I can just buy the Battlechest with TBC and see if she goes any further.

RPGCrazied

Woot, got my CE! I also got a loot card! Its looking like the unrare one. Its called Landro's Gift. I'm sure it will just be pet biscuits, though it did say I could get a mount.

Ya right. xD

webrunner

Given that (dispite what they say) WOTLK accounts apparently ARE able to be ressurected, can you use a scroll during the ressurection 10 days, or does it have to be a real paid account?

I ask because me and my GF want to get back into the game but want to start with scrolls before we buy time cards later in the month once I get my next paycheque.. if one of us could ressurect the other one after getting ressurected, it'd save us a month down the road.

Twig said:

Thanks a lot man! Really appreciated.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
webrunner said:
Given that (dispite what they say) WOTLK accounts apparently ARE able to be ressurected, can you use a scroll during the ressurection 10 days, or does it have to be a real paid account?
don't know for sure, but my guess is you can't resurrect one account with a currently "free time" account. the closest you can get is possibly RAF (which is a trial so it doesn't matter).

Yaweee

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
So has anyone found music yet that is more epic than lake wintergrasp? Man, I never tire of that track.

I really love the new Orc theme.

So, any of the major US (physical location) stores have sales on the expansion?

Sethos

Banned
Is there an extended soundtrack? The official Cataclysm soundtrack only holds a a handful of tracks but I'd love one with every single reworked track from all the zones.

LordAlu

Finally got home from work, logged in... 1,200 queue, 101 minute wait. Quit straight back out.

I'll go play some Halo instead.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I'm thinking about getting this just to kill some of the spare time I've been having lately, played a hunter from vanilla to wotlk and I'm curious about the changes, all too curious. Anyone want to resurrect me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom