• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold several accounts in the past, thinking I'd never return to WoW again. Yet everytime an expansion was released I felt tempted to check it out. Same story this time. I thought by now Blizzard might have a all in 1 package for a reasonable price. But no, I guess they can still get away selling it for 100,- euro. Ah well, I guess it's better that I don't play WoW anymore.

DoctorWho said:
For the hell of it I'm starting on a new server with a Worgen. Can't be bothered to wait for my Orc to load on Area 52.
Which server? I plan do the same tonight, roll a Worgen on a new server.

I love my Belf Pally main on Area 52, but news about the Worgen race from E3 2009 is what got me hyped for WoW again.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Which server? I plan do the same tonight, roll a Worgen on a new server.

I love my Belf Pally main on Area 52, but news about the Worgen race from E3 2009 is what got me hyped for WoW again.

Trollbane. I'm loving it. The opening area is a madhouse of insanity!

Once they fix my trial status. I may restart a Worgen on Area 52 or just continue here. Where is the biggest Alliance contingent on GAF? I'm surprised there are no dedicated GAF guilds.

Flib

DoctorWho said:
Trollbane. I'm loving it. The opening area is a madhouse of insanity!

Once they fix my trial status. I may restart a Worgen on Area 52 or just continue here. Where is the biggest Alliance contingent on GAF? I'm surprised there are no dedicated GAF guilds.

While I'm horde now, I was an officer in one of the big trollbane alliance raiding guilds during early LK. There are many good reasons never to set foot on that server.

Dresden

Ugh, queue.

I might hit up another server. *looks at GAF recommended servers*

Area 52, huh?

*Locked*

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

untitledymo0.png

Beautiful.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dresden said:
Ugh, queue.

I might hit up another server. *looks at GAF recommended servers*

Area 52, huh?

*Locked*

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu
Position in Queue: 1050
Estimated Time: 30 min

FUCK YA'LL.

Please more pictures people! (especially AceBandage
JR
from ancient gamefaqs days ;) unless i'm mistaken)

I can't play this for a while :(, so I'm feeding off your awesome shots.

Dresden

Noooooooooo

got dropped out of queue for some reason. It can't be that bad...

Position in queue: 1135
Estimated time: 35 min

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

I can't even change the server for some reason. Just hangs in "searching" when I try.

FunkyMunkey said:
Please more pictures people! (especially AceBandage
JR
from ancient gamefaqs days ;) unless i'm mistaken)

I can't play this for a while :(, so I'm feeding off your awesome shots.

I really should be taking more. Vashj'ir is great scenery.

Haly

Dresden said:
Noooooooooo

got dropped out of queue for some reason. It can't be that bad...

Position in queue: 1135
Estimated time: 35 min

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

I can't even change the server for some reason. Just hangs in "searching" when I try.
801 in queue, suckah!

(Psst whats your in game name)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I didn't even know GAF played on Stormscale. That's where I'm at, but as Horde. I'm gonna try out a Worgen on there though.

Haly

Dresden said:
No clue, I haven't even made a character yet. :lol
Lol okay, I'm Goblntechies on Area 52, send me a tell once you make something :D

shuri

Banned
Well the trial is downloading right now.. Can we play this casually? I dont have much time for games, but i'd like to clock in 2-3 hours on weekends.. Whats a good class/race to play as solo?

Haly

Paladin is very solo friendly, you just smash your face into your keyboard then roll around going "herp derp derp".

shuri said:
Well the trial is downloading right now.. Can we play this casually? I dont have much time for games, but i'd like to clock in 2-3 hours on weekends.. Whats a good class/race to play as solo?

You can play casually, you won't level quickly or get to see a lot of endgame content, but it's possible.
Also, roll a goblin warlock.

Yaweee

shuri said:

The 4.0.0 revision made all of the classes much better at soloing, and made them more interesting at lower levels.

Best for soloing are probably:

Paladins (durable, smash shit. Just make sure you spec Retribution).
Druids (go feral. They get cat form at level 8 (like an hour in, which is essentially a Rogue with healing).
Rogue (sneak around, spam sinister strike)

Haly

I think the furries wind up in Darkshore.

Takuan

So I've got the latest update - do I need to bother putting my Cata disc in, or can I just activate it on BNet and not need to download anything?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finished my First Cataclysm dungeon (Blackrock caverns). And man i forgot how hard a instance is when everyone is doing it for the first time. Wiped a couple of times and ended up wasting some time because the tank went AFK and never came back.:/ and shit the quest rewards suck for rogues.>_<

Ferrio

Banned
Lafiel said:
Finished my First Cataclysm dungeon (Blackrock caverns). And man i forgot how hard a instance is when everyone is doing it for the first time. Wiped a couple of times and ended up wasting some time because the tank went AFK and never came back.:/ and shit the quest rewards suck for rogues.>_<

Odd, went in there and cleaned up first time. Even did the whole AOE nonsense that I thought was suppose to be nixxed now. Guess crowd control is for heroics?

Dresden

Fuck my life. Hopefully there's no queue when I get back tonight, got dropped twice for some reason. I still haven't been able to log in and make a character. :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Not sure what to call my Worgen yet...was going to make it SC2 related, so my current name of choice is Tastosis.

Dresden said:
Fuck my life. Hopefully there's no queue when I get back tonight, got dropped twice for some reason. I still haven't been able to log in and make a character. :lol

I keep getting dropped. Pretty sure it's an addon causing it. Whenever I DC, it doesn't make me rewait in the queue though.

damn it all blizzard I have all 4 Collectors Editions on my acct I demand first class queue positions!

Area 52:

Place in Queue: 1532
Wait time: 45mins

emot-argh.gif

Haly

Reluctant-Hero said:
Why do you have to hate on the best class?! :lol

Love being a protect pally!
I leveled a Prot pally to 50 right before cat came out!

It's true. I was literally mashing buttons as they came off of cooldown.

I could've made a macro for all of them and just mashed that and the kicker is that it would work.

Tanking was just PULL WITH AVENGERS SHIELD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR HAMMER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. If I ever did anything else it was because I felt I owed it to DK/Warrior/Druid tanks everywhere to at least put some effort into what I was doing.

And then there's all your get out of jail free cards. Word of Glory. Lay on Hands. Divine Shield. Once the healer died by accident and I just started healing myself. I was heal tanking.

Prot paladin = ezmode.

Sullen

That's not that bad, the queue was well over 2500 on Illidan earlier. I didn't even know it went that high. :lol Got to 81 last night before I logged off. The ocean area is pretty neat, especially the giant demigod shellfish thing. It is still alive! and a number of quests involve it.

Halycon said:
I leveled a Prot pally to 50 right before cat came out!

It's true. I was literally mashing buttons as they came off of cooldown.

I could've made a macro for all of them and just mashed that and the kicker is that it would work.

Tanking was just PULL WITH AVENGERS SHIELD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR HAMMER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. If I ever did anything else it was because I felt I owed it to DK/Warrior/Druid tanks everywhere to at least put some effort into what I was doing.

And then there's all your get out of jail free cards. Word of Glory. Lay on Hands. Divine Shield. Once the healer died by accident and I just started healing myself. I was heal tanking.

Prot paladin = ezmode.
But isn't that the gist of WoW combat? Finding a rotation for button pushing?

Mind you... I'm still techincally a "newb", I've only played Pallys & Hunters...

Ferrio

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
But isn't that the gist of WoW combat? Finding a rotation for button pushing?

Sorta, some classes are more dynamic though. When warrior tanks you gotta look out for lots of procs to take advantage of free skills/reduced cooldowns. Not just a static rotation.

notworksafe

Ferrio said:
Sorta, some classes are more dynamic though. When warrior tanks you gotta look out for lots of procs to take advantage of free skills/reduced cooldowns. Not just a static rotation.
Same for Paladin. Gotta keep an eye on Holy Power and Grand Crusader procs.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
(EU) Are the servers shutting down for maintenance tonight?, normally there's a notice when logging in but there isn't one tonight.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I decided to start a project. I would roll a toon, sell their starting gear, and see if I could use that money and ONLY that money to turn a profit, via the AH. No hand-outs, no items or money dropped from mobs, etc. I'm blogging it here:

http://wowaccumulation.tumblr.com/

If you sell everything you start with you get fucking SEVEN COPPER. But amazingly, I have already turned that in to 2.5 silver.

Those with great memories might remember that I tried something similar, about 18 months ago. This is a new attempt... I felt an expac would bring more AH fluctuations and make it easier. Although that time, the starter gear vendored for 18c.

(BTW you can click on the pics to view bigger versions right in the same window - just how tumblr works).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom