• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the ticket worked. My account is upgraded to full Cataclysm from Trial. :D The launcher is downloading the extra 4.6 gigs of content now. Worgen is fantastic to play as so far.

DoctorWho said:
Looks like the ticket worked. My account is upgraded to full Cataclysm from Trial. :D The launcher is downloading the extra 4.6 gigs of content now. Worgen is fantastic to play as so far.

Glad it worked out for you. I find the lack of Aussie WoW players on GAF to be a bit upsetting.
If there is anyone out there what servers are u playing on etc. (or even non aussie players if ur on my server)

Im on Barthilas Horde. My mates that i used to play on blackrock with have all come over and remade guild etc etc. Just putting it out there if anyone wants to come join us.:D

untitledhavz.png

Under water magic bubbles that block water.
The texture work in this expansion is very good.

etiolate

Banned
Ferrio said:
Sorta, some classes are more dynamic though. When warrior tanks you gotta look out for lots of procs to take advantage of free skills/reduced cooldowns. Not just a static rotation.

Yeah, I would say "sorta" is the best term here. Elemental Shaman rotation is now termed a priority check, but its pretty much the same thing they had in WOTLK with Earth Shock added in here or there and watching for procs. Still, you'll go through the same rotation a couple times until a stack reaches high enough or a proc randomly hits.

I think Boomkin has the only interesting and most dynamic setup right now, especially since their gameplay mechanic is boosted by their Mastery.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh right, who do I PM for an invite for the partially gaf guild on Area 52?

I mean where are all of you hanging out at.

Narag

Halycon said:
Oh right, who do I PM for an invite for the partially gaf guild on Area 52?

I mean where are all of you hanging out at.

I'm thinking Notworksafe but my memory may be hazy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I don't know if it was in this thread of the WoW|OT but there was a person bitching that there wasn't any new servers. I don't know if anyone addressed this yet but I do see servers that say New Players. One of them is called Uldum.

etiolate

Banned
KibblesBits said:
Is there any way for horde to explore the ironforge airfield without knowing old world flight?

Well previously there was a way to get there by ground mount. I've done it before. Youtube ironforge airfield and look for a how to guide. You need a fast ground mount to get up at a certain hill in Dun Algaz(I think) and from there its just riding out to the area.

For those of you playing on a Mac with Bootcamp, play it on Windows. Trust me.

The game runs sooo much smoother on the Windows side of my MacBook Pro.

It's a chop fest in OSX compared to my Windows 7 buttery smooth awesomeness.

Ramirez

Trojita said:
I don't know if it was in this thread of the WoW|OT but there was a person bitching that there wasn't any new servers. I don't know if anyone addressed this yet but I do see servers that say New Players. One of them is called Uldum.

I did some research on those and apparently they're not new servers either, no clue what they actually mean. A quick Google search last night led me to some site that stated Nessingwary was the newest server, and it went live in Feb. 09.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Marshmellow said:
Glad it worked out for you. I find the lack of Aussie WoW players on GAF to be a bit upsetting.
If there is anyone out there what servers are u playing on etc. (or even non aussie players if ur on my server)

Im on Barthilas Horde. My mates that i used to play on blackrock with have all come over and remade guild etc etc. Just putting it out there if anyone wants to come join us.:D

You don't know about ausgaf in the community section? Also - http://ausgaffe.wikidot.com/wowaa

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think it just says "New players" because those servers need more players. In other words, just a low pop server that is more low than the others.

By the way, Vashjir is such a beautiful zone and ive only done 10 quests there so far!

Goblin starting area pisses me off. Maybe I'm just turned off by the drabness and industrial feel of it all. Haven't played the Worgen starting zone yet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Marshmellow said:
Thanks! didnt know about that. Ill be sticking with my old mates on barth anyway, but good to know.

Yea all good. There's not many of us on here which is a surprise as you said, But maybe a handful still play from time to time. :D

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
BigNastyCurve said:
Goblin starting area pisses me off. Maybe I'm just turned off by the drabness and industrial feel of it all. Haven't played the Worgen starting zone yet.

Its only for the first 5 levels, you get to explore a tropical island after.

I couldn't resist. I bought it. Doing all the lame ass patches and then gonna install Cata :(

I've got a Troll Shaman (Resto) on Zul'jin if anybody is over there, I'll probably change him to a Goblin though, they look badass.

markot

Banned
FuttBuck said:
I couldn't resist. I bought it. Doing all the lame ass patches and then gonna install Cata :(

I've got a Troll Shaman (Resto) on Zul'jin if anybody is over there, I'll probably change him to a Goblin though, they look badass.
Just install from cata, you dont need to do all the patching anymore with the new launcher >.< you can play before you have even downloaded most of the content.

markot said:
Just install from cata, you dont need to do all the patching anymore with the new launcher >.< you can play before you have even downloaded most of the content.

yeah, you might not want to do that though.

markot said:

Well patch 4.0.0.1 is almost done installing so I'll install Cata after that patch is done.

Gattsu25

Banned
Just finished the Wargen noob zone. I think I hated their quest line. Either way, it went on longer than it should have.

I think I'm going to let that character rot.

Anyway, rolled an undead warrior on Area 52 named Neceri

hit me up.

Pride

Fourman said:
I really thought I would be playing a worgen but I changed my mind. The goblins are so awesome and I love their starting areas.

The goblin racial abilities look awesome! My last character was Horde so I want to play an Alliance this time round, otherwise I would play as a Goblin.

Pride

Mutagenic said:
I didn't even know GAF played on Stormscale. That's where I'm at, but as Horde. I'm gonna try out a Worgen on there though.

What is the Horde vs Alliance ratio on Stormscale. I want to play as a Worgen Rogue so I'd like it to be even pop or more Horde than Alliance (more people to stab in the back).

Alex

I took a few shots while playing tonight;

wow3qu.jpg

wow1kk.jpg

wow2k.jpg

wow4m.jpg

Vashj'ir is a pretty incredible zone. Incredible amount of polish and it flows so well. Originally I wasn't really looking forward to the gimmick of a whole underwater mini-continent, but it really worked out great.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just started playing after four years! If anyone from GAF wants to party or chat on the horde side of Illidan my character's name is Ranketsuu.

iammeiam

Dresden said:
Worgen sucked.

Going to try the Goblin quests now.

It feels a lot like the starting area teams were divided into people who wanted to do a classic-ish MMO area, and people who wanted to just go nuts and have fun. So Worgen comes off as kind of bland, while Goblin is like some critical mass of wackiness. I do kind of wonder if Worgen is as comparatively sedate as it is specifically because Goblin is so out-there--Blizzard trying to give people who want to take the game kinda-seriously an option in the new races.

I was really disappointed that the Worgen area didn't have a scene to match the one in the Goblin zone when
you're on the bomb-soccer field and Deathwing does a flyby.

I also felt like I did a lot more during the Goblin areas than the Worgen, but got more levels out of Worg. Just strange overall.

Meier

Defending the Rift is bugged on my server (Lothar).. just a word of warning, may want to check on yours before trying.

So yea going to have to agree with people and ask blizzard why servers with full pop were not locked before every freaking new person and returning player joined the server.
To get home from work and go to log on and be hit with a 3000 person que. by the time i get through this it will be time to sleep agian for work tomorrow. /sigh

I really wish they would manage their community better.

Hixx

NeoCross said:
How big is the Cata download if I upgrade online?

From fully upgraded WotLK? A blue poster said 700meg but I had to download 2.8gig, though I don't know if I was fully installed as I downloaded the whole game from battle.net 2 weeks ago.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Worgen starting area was disappointing. Pretty good atmosphere / design - but very boring quests. I mean you had a section where you performed a series of fetch quests for a stupid grannie.:lol currently level 10 on my worgen druid and hope i can leave soon and move on to westfall for my leveling. (and i hear it's awesome!)

glaurung

NeoCross said:
How big is the Cata download if I upgrade online?
Yes, supposedly below one gigabyte, but considering the fact the servers are completely clogged right now, it might as well be 5 GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom