• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Cyrillus said:
I've never understood this mentality among WoW players.
It was a joke.

I post on a video game forum on the internet. Do you really think I don't consider myself a nerd?

Although, for posterity's sake, I will point out that there ARE different levels of nerds. For example, those Japanophiles I had to suffer when I took Japanese in undergrad. WORST. I am their superior.

KJTB

Dresden said:
My god.

Enhancement is so goddamn amazing.

I'm still stick in the mindset that enhancement shamans are free kills... I've been rolled by a few now, they hit like fucking trucks :lol

mcrae

DeathNote said:
That's like saying you don't want to listen to sports podcast because of "jocks". There's tons of appealing personalities in the world that can like/talk about X and do not have to be like Y.

ya man, re read his post. he wants a wow podcast that is about wow but not run by 'nerds'... just like your last sentence. hes not automatically assuming all wow podcasts are by nerds.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
mcrae said:
ya man, re read his post. he wants a wow podcast that is about wow but not run by 'nerds'... just like your last sentence. hes not automatically assuming all wow podcasts are by nerds.
Even if they are they are "nerds" they can have an interesting personality.

Twig

Banned
man it was a joooooke stop being so sensitive you clowns U;

Actually the part that wasn't a joke was the "stats" part. THEORYCRAFT, YAWWWWWWN.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jazzy Network said:
Pulling out 10k eps right now on heroics on my DK. Little lower than most? I'm not really sure if that's good or not.
I don't know if they nerfed DKs, but I used to do 10K in heroics at 80. Granted, that was when I could use a lot of Howling Blast. :lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Twig said:
Actually the part that wasn't a joke was the "stats" part. THEORYCRAFT, YAWWWWWWN.
it's fine to research in your own time when you want to perform in raids as well as you can, but not the kind of thing you bring to a podcast.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't know if they nerfed DKs, but I used to do 10K in heroics at 80. Granted, that was when I could use a lot of Howling Blast. :lol
im pulling about 10k single target as frost in normals, dont have any enchants yet and still quite a few greens.

Meteorain

Angry Grimace said:

Nope, no nerfs. I came straight out at 85 and started doing 10k. I've gotten mostly blues from normals and the HC 2H Axe from ToT (I'm Unholy) and am quite comfortably doing 12k on average on trash packs. This easily can translate to 12k-14k on single targets. Albeit blowing most of my cooldown's are also involved (Gargoyle, Unholy Frenzy, etc).

I think it's just a matter of getting used to having to use stuff interrupts and not just rolling through everything that interrupt the dps.

Edit: Also what Dina said :p

Cyrillus said:
Also, has anyone noticed anything weird with the average item level calculation? It seems to be calculating based on whatever gear I have, either on my body or in my bags. Swapping out a piece of gear for a higher ilvl piece in my bags does not change my average ilvl. Likewise, switching from my dps gear to my tanking gear (which is much lower average ilvl) doesn't change my itemlevel. I actually tested this by completing a quest that gave an upgrade for me as a reward, and my average ilvl went up as soon as the item hit my bags. Oddly enough, it doesn't count for mail or leather gear that I could wear that has a higher ilvl.

It takes the highest ilvl of anything on you for the slot it equips to.

Dina

Angry Grimace said:

Lot of combat stats (crit, haste, hit, exp) are very low right now. Yes, STR is up, but everything else is completely down. I rarely see people doing over 12k on the HC pugs I do.

Twig

Banned
Scrow said:
it's fine to research in your own time when you want to perform in raids as well as you can, but not the kind of thing you bring to a podcast.
Pretty much, yeah! It's just not very exciting to talk about.

But, I assume from the lack of an answer to dude's question, no one knows a good WoW podcast.

"Welp."

Twig

Banned
I bet it sucks!!!

But I can't listen to confirm until tomorrow after I finish and turn in my last final last project! I will download it for later listening and you better not be lying.
and i don't know why people are assuming one would be 100% be about theroycrafting
They aren't. And neither am I. I was simply saying "I don't want any of that bullshit in a podcast, because podcasts are meant to entertain, not to make me fall asleep."

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Twig said:
I bet it sucks!!!

But I can't listen to confirm until tomorrow after I finish and turn in my last final last project!
you may have seen yogscast videos. they do videos more frequently than podcasts.

Twig

Banned
Probably not, heh. I don't generally keep up with WoW or its various communities, since I only ever tend to play for a few months at a time.

I have heard of it before, though, I think. Anyway, will listen later. Thanks. U:

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I saw someone yesterday who had the Volcanic Stone Drake. The drake you get by completing every achievements for the Cataclysm heroic 5 mans.

Some people are crazy.

hamchan

Bisnic said:
I saw someone yesterday who had the Volcanic Stone Drake. The drake you get by completing every achievements for the Cataclysm heroic 5 mans.

Some people are crazy.

Wait what, you actually get stuff for doing achievements? :lol

EDIT: Oh crap I have an exploration tabard, I totally forgot about that.

Bisnic

hamchan said:
Wait what, you actually get stuff for doing achievements? :lol

EDIT: Oh crap I have an exploration tabard, I totally forgot about that.

Well yeah, you used to get a red proto drake for doing every achievements in the original WOTLK heroic 5 mans. A black bear mount for killing every leaders of the opposite faction. Not to mention mounts from raid achievements. Or titles & tabards for other stuff.

Did not end up spending a lot of time doing heroics yesterday (just enough for my daily random) since I had to attend a Shiva, but I did finally buckle down and level my blacksmithing. Ended up going from 460 to 510 at a cost of around 2.5 hours gathering Obsidium right after maintenance and then 5k in cash on the AH. I wish I would have buckled down and done this sooner since I actually started turning a profit at 500 skill selling PvP gear. I already made back my costs to level and then some so I am happy. Probably going to just grind out the last 15 points when I get home since I am sitting on 5 Chaos Orbs and I want to use them. I will say that damn those recipes in Twilight Highlands are expensive though. 700G in bars a piece is pretty pricey.

Also last night I did not even notice the changes to Holy Paladins so I guess I was not healing in the way that was changed. I must have been healing in the intended manner this whole time which works for me since I do not have to change my playstyle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Narag said:
Actually that's what I intend to sell it for barring I don't die of boredom at a dig site.
The latter seems more likely.

webrunner

Bisnic said:
Well yeah, you used to get a red proto drake for doing every achievements in the original WOTLK heroic 5 mans. A black bear mount for killing every leaders of the opposite faction. Not to mention mounts from raid achievements. Or titles & tabards for other stuff.

Also, the Green Proto Drake from completing the Holiday meta-achievement (And now free master flying!)

Bisnic

webrunner said:
Also, the Green Proto Drake from completing the Holiday meta-achievement (And now free master flying!)

You mean Purple. The Green one was from that egg with the Oracles faction.

Soule

webrunner said:
Also, the Violet** Proto Drake from completing the Holiday meta-achievement (And now free master flying!)
Speaking of holiday meta-achievements, just started doing merrymaker stuff like an hour ago

Going nuts trying to get it done, I have so much work to do and then am flying out to fiji. Not much time to do it... always seems my sleeptime takes a hit for the WoW team

Bisnic

Oh right, the Xmas event is starting today. What bad timing, i was thinking of starting Hyjal today. And now there is this!

My Paladin hit 85 two days ago. Spent much of last night after I got after work running normal dungeons. Healed a bunch of them. First time I have really healed since Burning Crusade. Did pretty well. Took some getting used to. Paladins have a lot more spells at their disposal since the last time I played one at 70, but I'm liking it. Better yet, both my Holy and Ret sets are at 329 now so I can get into Heroics.

How is DK tanking in Cataclysm? For all of Wrath I played a Death Knight and for 80% of the time, I tanked. I didn't play for only a few months after ICC came out though and until recently hadn't played since, so obviously there's been a lot of changes. Considering transferring my DK to my new server so my guild has another tank. So what's the consensus? How's DK tanking at 85?

ToyMachine228 said:
My Paladin hit 85 two days ago. Spent much of last night after I got after work running normal dungeons. Healed a bunch of them. First time I have really healed since Burning Crusade. Did pretty well. Took some getting used to. Paladins have a lot more spells at their disposal since the last time I played one at 70, but I'm liking it. Better yet, both my Holy and Ret sets are at 329 now so I can get into Heroics.

How is DK tanking in Cataclysm? For all of Wrath I played a Death Knight and for 80% of the time, I tanked. I didn't play for only a few months after ICC came out though and until recently hadn't played since, so obviously there's been a lot of changes. Considering transferring my DK to my new server so my guild has another tank. So what's the consensus? How's DK tanking at 85?
You mean your bags are 329.. Blizz goes by item lvl via whats in your bags and equipped.. :|

So I got to Uldum and did Easy Money but didn't complete Traitors! and then some stuff came up and I had to log off. But I wanted the well rested bonus so I hearthed to SW before logging. Then later I came back and realized it didn't give me the portal in SW so I have to travel all the way back :(

What's the most efficient way to get there from SW? Is it the boat to Darnassus and then just fly all the way there? I guess I could get a mage to port me to Theramore and then fly there... Also, when does that portal show up, anyway?

Rapstah

The Lamonster said:
So I got to Uldum and did Easy Money but didn't complete Traitors! and then some stuff came up and I had to log off. But I wanted the well rested bonus so I hearthed to SW before logging. Then later I came back and realized it didn't give me the portal in SW so I have to travel all the way back :(

What's the most efficient way to get there from SW? Is it the boat to Darnassus and then just fly all the way there? I guess I could get a mage to port me to Theramore and then fly there... Also, when does that portal show up, anyway?
Theramore boat from Menethil in my opinion.

Evlar

Banned
The Lamonster said:

Assuming you have at least artisan flying, taking the boat to Darnassus is probably at least as fast as trekking to Menethil to catch the Theramore boat. The mage portal would obviously be the fastest, though.

Bisnic

I did the Crucicle of Carnage chain of quests in Twilight Highlands yesterday(the new Blood ring arena if you want). And damn, those last 2 guys can be pretty hard, very easy to be OOM, when you only got 2 DPS, our 3rd failed the first quest for some reason and decided to left.

But at last, i got my very own Very Manly Staff : http://www.wowhead.com/item=63789

As for getting to Uldum, i found that the Caverns of Time portal in Dalaran was quite useful and faster than Theramore.

Chavelo said:
That, my old chap, is the fantastic LUI UI theme. Great compilation of add-ons if you have a beefy PC to run it with.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14130-LUIv3.html

Some screenshot links:
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38830.png
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38831.png
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38828.png

On the same topic: WoW-GAF, let's start writing down your favorite UI compilations and/or your custom UI! BOOM BAP SHIT.

this shit is SUPER hard for me to figure out how to set up right. I have 2 health bars now, and im actually not a big fan of either, I want the one in the middle lower, and smaller, and to get rid of the other one, haha.

Its a UI made for people who use addons, and I dont usually use them.

Flib

ToyMachine228 said:

The tanks are mostly in line, DK tanks are in a very good place right now.

Bisnic said:
I did the Crucicle of Carnage chain of quests in Twilight Highlands yesterday(the new Blood ring arena if you want). And damn, those last 2 guys can be pretty hard, very easy to be OOM, when you only got 2 DPS, our 3rd failed the first quest for some reason and decided to left.

But at last, i got my very own Very Manly Staff : http://www.wowhead.com/item=63789

As for getting to Uldum, i found that the Caverns of Time portal in Dalaran was quite useful and faster than Theramore.
man I love those Ring of Blood style quests. Can't wait to do this new one.

I totally forgot about the portal in Dal. Thanks!

Evlar

Banned
Bisnic said:

It's still there? Good to know!

Well I fixed my 2 health bar problem, turns out I had takui in my addon folder from last time I played, and it was screwing with things.

Id still like to make the healthbar stuff smaller and a little lower. probably need some coding to fix that though.

webrunner

Bisnic said:
Oh right, the Xmas event is starting today. What bad timing, i was thinking of starting Hyjal today. And now there is this!

Anything changed in the holiday quests/etc? Where's Metzen now, did they change Greench, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom