• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Ferrio said:
Also I find it incredibly silly that a badass warrior who's faced Arthas, countless legendary dragons and gods is currently wielding a rolling pin.

Also the fact that the level 80+ wild animals in many of the zones could probably solo a lot of the incredibly powerful creatures we've taken down at lower levels is kind of silly when you think about it.

Level 80 Vash'jr Eel vs MC version of Ragnaros! Fight!

kodt

Banned
ultron87 said:
Also the fact that the level 80+ wild animals in many of the zones could probably solo a lot of the incredibly powerful creatures we've taken down at lower levels is kind of silly when you think about it.

Level 80 Vash'jr Eel vs MC version of Ragnaros! Fight!

Or the fact that Illidan's twin blades are now trash loot.

I think Legendary items need some sort of reforging/upgrade system so that they maintain their status. I don't care if it is expensive or you have to "level up" the weapon somehow. But it should be possible.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Putting stats on whatever you want opens up cosmetic competition. Tapping into hidden power of a weapon is an awesome concept but there's some thought in how it effects end game.

DeathNote said:
Putting stats on whatever you want opens up cosmetic competition. Tapping into hidden power of a weapon is an awesome concept but there's some thought in how it effects end game.
Yeah I thought this would be a good idea until someone mentioned how people would be rolling on everything just because it looks cool.

Ferrio

Banned
kodt said:
Or the fact that Illidan's twin blades are now trash loot.

I think Legendary items need some sort of reforging/upgrade system so that they maintain their status. I don't care if it is expensive or you have to "level up" the weapon somehow. But it should be possible.

Ya people have suggested that since the beginning of time (as have I... :( Thunderfury), but blizz has repeatably said no to it.

ultron87

Ferrio said:
Ya people have suggested that since the beginning of time (as have I... :( Thunderfury), but blizz has repeatably said no to it.

I guess it would get kind of old if I never got to look forward to a weapon upgrade ever again.

Edit: Are there any new Legendaries in Cataclysm?

ultron87 said:
I guess it would get kind of old if I never got to look forward to a weapon upgrade ever again.

Caster staff will be the first legendary to show up according to Mezten. Nothing else is known at the moment.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ultron87 said:

Well, they could make it where raid weapons are better.

Ferrio

Banned
ultron87 said:

Well Rag is back so.... Sulfuras 2.0 and Thunderfury 2.0?

Rapstah

I healed all Cata normals today except BRC and Grim Batol, and it was the best WoW experience ever for me. The difference between a clean, CC'd pull and a failed one were so amazingly clear that I don't really even want to gear up past heroics!

Evlar

Banned
"I killed a dragon with this epic sword." - Wish I had that sword.
"I killed a dragon with nothing but this rolling pin." - What a bad-ass!

KJTB

Tried my hand at 85 2vs2 arena today with a paladin buddy.

Went 6-1, I always love the beginning of arena seasons because of all the strange comps that you come up against :lol. The game we lost was so ridiculous though... It was a NE warrior and a rogue. The rogue sapped me and the warrior charged my paladin out of shadowmeld and they destroyed my paladin friend before he even had time to react/bubble.

I do like how the arena point system works now. Good/hardcore players will still have the best arena gear through rating and stuff but more casual players who don't care as much will still be able to hold their own because they still easily have access to pvp gear.

However, I think that you get points a little too quickly. I mean, I'm already point capped for the week...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I have to say my level 49 prot warrior is rather OP. I soloed the arena quests in tanaris, which it claimed needed a group of 3, Was nice and easy.

I'm now in ungoro, it has unfortunately not changed much at all by the looks of it. Maybe i should have gone to winterspring instead :lol

KJTB

evlcookie said:
I have to say my level 49 prot warrior is rather OP. I soloed the arena quests in tanaris, which it claimed needed a group of 3, Was nice and easy.

I'm now in ungoro, it has unfortunately not changed much at all by the looks of it. Maybe i should have gone to winterspring instead :lol

Yeah, I solo'd those quests on my feral druid alt. Being a tank while leveling makes life so easy :D

I did all of un'goro... it didn't really change at all.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
People still go out of their way to get the legendary items and such to wear and never feel ashamed to wear lvl 60 or lvl 70 gear. It's called RP realms. There's this one guy on my server who struts around with the Azzinoth blades and blindfold just like any other Demon Hunter.

Do that on a normal realm and people would laugh at you. What's funny is that most, if not all, players keep some sort of weapon or armor in their bank for nostalgic purposes or because it looks cool - which is practically the same thing.

Dipindots said:
I did all of un'goro... it didn't really change at all.

The paladin and his horse near the hot springs was new, and was awesome.
The bit with the
Titan Keeper
was also new and finally explained the crystals and towers.

I had done Un'Goro Crater about four times through in vanilla over the years and found it to be an awesome zone for the level-tons of stuff to skin and mine (for good money) with good quest density. It's only been improved with Cataclysm. The only word of advice is to skip Silithius next door, which is unchanged and is a total pile of crap.

I thought Tanaris was more of a let down, to be honest.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
speedpop said:
People still go out of their way to get the legendary items and such to wear and never feel ashamed to wear lvl 60 or lvl 70 gear. It's called RP realms. There's this one guy on my server who struts around with the Azzinoth blades and blindfold just like any other Demon Hunter.

Do that on a normal realm and people would laugh at you. What's funny is that most, if not all, players keep some sort of weapon or armor in their bank for nostalgic purposes or because it looks cool - which is practically the same thing.
I saw tons of people doing wotlk heroics with old legendaries.

Yaweee

Fragamemnon said:
I had done Un'Goro Crater about four times through in vanilla over the years and found it to be an awesome zone for the level-tons of stuff to skin and mine (for good money) with good quest density. It's only been improved with Cataclysm. The only word of advice is to skip Silithius next door, which is unchanged and is a total pile of crap.

From what I read, Silithis might be worth doing for two quick levels before using the portal there to Blasted Lands. The shortened level range and de-elited mobs should make the 2~2.5 levels pretty fast.

Yaweee said:
From what I read, Silithis might be worth doing for two quick levels before using the portal there to Blasted Lands. The shortened level range and de-elited mobs should make the 2~2.5 levels pretty fast.

It feels really dated, I went there because some nostalgia for the good time of my life lost to the shitbin that is AQ40, but it's pretty dull.

You really want to get into Outland as soon as you are 58, though, so you shouldn't need Silithus to get there.

Speaking of the mid-50s, huge lolz to the new Sunken Temple. Most trivial dungeon in the game that I've seen, you can literally clear it in 12 minutes and not ever be close to dying except for the priest mind control fight.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There are people leveling up arch on a second character cause the realized farming for troll frags at 525 suck balls. Isn't a higher skill level in anything supposed to be appealing?

Ferrio

Banned
Also, the other day in an instance one of my party members was able to let people ride him when he was in worgen form. It was really odd seeing a moonkin standing on the back of a worgen as it ran around... How the hell did he do that?

Evlar

Banned
Ferrio said:
Also, the other day in an instance one of my party members was able to let people ride him when he was in worgen form. It was really odd seeing a moonkin standing on the back of a worgen as it ran around... How the hell did he do that?
From what I understand, Throne of Tides turns all mounts into two-person mounts. Since Worgen's Running Wild racial is also their "mount"...

Dina

Done more Heroics, but more important we killed the first 10man Tol Barad raiddude as well. Warlock and Elemsham PvP shit dropped, but it was a fun fight regardless. Still going strong as a bear in heroics while I gear both my cat and my bear up.

Which is another problem entirely. I got a lot of gear that is good for both my cat and my bear, but I can't gem em for two specs. So my bear spec is not as good as it could be since I got no stamina gems in my gear.

notworksafe

hamchan said:
any good WoW podcasts?
I'm a fan of Respec Radio, the Game Informer show on MMOs. http://www.gameinformer.com/p/respec_radio.aspx

They cover WoW and other MMOs and aren't all about stats, specs, and all that kind of stuff. They just keep it lighter and crack jokes while still keeping on topic with news and what they've done in the game lately.

Plus one of the hosts is my guild leader, so plenty of guild adventures get talked about on the show. :D

Twig

Banned
notworksafe said:
I'm a fan of Respec Radio, the Game Informer show on MMOs. http://www.gameinformer.com/p/respec_radio.aspx

They cover WoW and other MMOs and aren't all about stats, specs, and all that kind of stuff. They just keep it lighter and crack jokes while still keeping on topic with news and what they've done in the game lately.

Plus one of the hosts is my guild leader, so plenty of guild adventures get talked about on the show. :D
PvP adventures? They're the only adventures that count, after all! O;

I'll give that a listen, too.

Flib

Dina said:
Done more Heroics, but more important we killed the first 10man Tol Barad raiddude as well. Warlock and Elemsham PvP shit dropped, but it was a fun fight regardless. Still going strong as a bear in heroics while I gear both my cat and my bear up.

Which is another problem entirely. I got a lot of gear that is good for both my cat and my bear, but I can't gem em for two specs. So my bear spec is not as good as it could be since I got no stamina gems in my gear.

What is the sort of standard gear level for a kill in Baradin? Mix of 333's and 346's ok?

J-Rzez

Did the new lottery boss with the guild, easy purples, even for (non-retarded) pugs. Two groups, taunt back and forth based on debuff, stay out of fire, and win.

Dresden

SHAMANNNNNNN

Walking into a giant melee with wolves and heroism popped (suck on it, Horde! Dwarfs ftw) feels so goddamn badass. Enhancement for life.

81 and 82 have been so easy so far. At least it's not a grind..but c'mon blizz you didn't have to go to this extreme either.

Some of the quests where they try to be cute like the when where you fly through birds and flap your wings just suck. If they don't work, don't put them in I don't care what you're trying to reference.

Evlar said:
Silithus remains useful for one purpose: mining thorium.

Now that you can fly Un'Goro is just better for this, isn't it? Just fly around the rim and get all the rich veins without having to ass with the annoying hills.

Alex

Yikes, every single one of our healers now, barring me, has respec'd or rerolled. They probably need to ease up on healers, I like the new model, I've said a lot of nice things about it but the math behind it is purposefully frustrating. Ease up on the numbers a bit or weave in some new kit to make the efficient spells exciting or rewarding.

There's a lot of good going for the spell selection at the moment it but no one wants to scrape at the walls for resources while playing babysitter. It's done hilarious things to Dungeon finder queues though. Our DPS queues are up to 40 minutes while healer is now also instant in addition to tank.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Alex said:
Yikes, every single one of our healers now, barring me, has respec'd or rerolled. They probably need to ease up on healers, I like the new model, I've said a lot of nice things about it but the math behind it is purposefully frustrating. Ease up on the numbers a bit or weave in some new kit to make the efficient spells exciting or rewarding.

There's a lot of good going for the spell selection at the moment it but no one wants to scrape at the walls for resources while playing babysitter. It's done hilarious things to Dungeon finder queues though. Our DPS queues are up to 40 minutes while healer is now also instant in addition to tank.
ive seen this happen a lot in the last couple days. From what i can tell healing in cata is a bit too frustrating. i believe it to be a conscious part on Blizzard to slow entry to content. The problem is most people dont play games to not have fun. Challenge is good but outright frustration is not. Not a good sign when you are two weeks in and healers are quitting.

As a holy paladin i didnt have too much issue but i found the Holy Power combo point mechanic fun and interesting. Now ive respecced to get rid of Light of Dawn (that cone heal) and Tower of Radiance (the talent that gives Holy Power from tossing heals on a Beacon target) and im still doing fine healing. The problem now is that its dogshit boring like how Holy Paladin was before Cata. im done with PVE and only doing random BGs now. Its annoying because now i get shut down a lot since i dont have any instants anymore but at least its kind of fun. ill probably fool with my DK for the rest of my time though.

mileS

cuevas said:
81 and 82 have been so easy so far. At least it's not a grind..but c'mon blizz you didn't have to go to this extreme either.

Some of the quests where they try to be cute like the when where you fly through birds and flap your wings just suck. If they don't work, don't put them in I don't care what you're trying to reference.

that was one of my favorite quests! There's nothing about it that doesn't work not sure what you're talking about.

Ferrio

Banned
cuevas said:

Best quest in the game. Not only was it a great homage but the mechanics were pretty much spot on.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I hated that quest. Maybe I would have liked it better if I knew it was a Joust reference when I did it, but yeah...it controlled like ass and was just annoying.

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
Anyone get a level 85 archaeology item before 85? No one is giving a confirmed answer on wowhead or the forums.

Considering how much Arching I'm doing while leveling, I'd be the first.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom