• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Twig said:
I did 8-9k DPS in full honor PvP set. In almost full heroic gear, with a few JP pieces, I tend to get 10k+, although lately for some reason I can't break 8k consistently... I suspect it's because I traded my PvP set bonus for actual PvE gear?

Arms damage is only getting nerfed next patch, and fury is getting buffed. So... Yeah.
With similar gear I do between 10-13k. Arms isn't bad, but there just isn't a reason to be it unless you just don't have the gear for Fury.

Twig

Banned
Heroic Fury is nice but isn't Bladestorm. And, yes, I know Fury has a similar "immune to all CC for seconds" effect. I've played fury before. It's no Bladestorm.

Fury has less mobility.

Also, despite having more self heals, fury is more susceptible to damage, which is bad in PvP. I know they hit a lot harder, but if they get CC'd to hell, which is GOING to happen, they go down faster.* Most of their self heals rely on actually doing damage, IIRC?

And as much as I like Heroic Leap, it's fucking buggy as shit, and until they fix it, it's um... yeah. They still haven't fixed Blink! "What? I blinked backwards? COOL!" That's been happening since vanilla.

Side note, somewhat related: it's bullshit that locks can use teleport vertically as long as they're in range but I can't heroic LEAP up a fucking HILL at a 20 degree incline.

):

* Unless they're smart and go into defensive stance with a sword 'n' board, of course. U: Then it's about the same.

Ferrio

Banned
Twig said:
Heroic Fury is nice but isn't Bladestorm. And, yes, I know Fury has a similar "immune to all CC for seconds" effect. I've played fury before. It's no Bladestorm.

Fury has less mobility.

Also, despite having more self heals, fury is more susceptible to damage, which is bad in PvP. I know they hit a lot harder, but if they get CC'd to hell, which is GOING to happen, they go down faster.* Most of their self heals rely on actually doing damage, IIRC?

And as much as I like Heroic Leap, it's fucking buggy as shit, and until they fix it, it's um... yeah. They still haven't fixed Blink! "What? I blinked backwards? COOL!" That's been happening since vanilla.

Side note, somewhat related: it's bullshit that locks can use teleport vertically as long as they're in range but I can't heroic LEAP up a fucking HILL at a 20 degree incline.

):

* Unless they're smart and go into defensive stance with a sword 'n' board, of course. U: Then it's about the same.

Fixed heroic leap? What's there to fix? Really it's a shit skill period. I laughed at it when they announced it back in Lich about how it'd be next to worthless, and I was pretty much spot on. Most use i get outta it is running back to the raid after a wipe.

dimb

I'm sorry but I just don't understand where you are coming from at all. Fury gets around much quicker and on its own accord. Charging once and then being put out of range immediately can almost be a death sentence against certain classes.

Your love of Bladestorm is just...confusing. It might break certain CC but it locks you into a bad DPS cycle.

Twig

Banned
Ferrio said:
Fixed heroic leap? What's there to fix?
It's buggy. Ever done eye of the storm as a warrior? Yeah.

Really it's a shit skill period. I laughed at it when they announced it back in Lich about how it'd be next to worthless, and I was pretty much spot on. Most use i get outta it is running back to the raid after a wipe.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Dance In My Blood said:
I'm sorry but I just don't understand where you are coming from at all. Fury gets around much quicker and on its own accord. Charging once and then being put out of range immediately can almost be a death sentence against certain classes.

Your love of Bladestorm is just...confusing. It might break certain CC but it locks you into a bad DPS cycle.
I have both charge and intercept in combat. Heroic leap. Bladestorm. Berserker rage.

Fury shares intercept, heroic leap, and berserker rage. Loses charge (unless out of combat) and bladestorm for its own special thingers, but I think arms wins in this particular race.

To be fair, next patch intercept and charge share cooldowns, so that's getting nerfed...

I like bladestorm because it instantly breaks out of roots and snares and makes me immune for a short period and I get to do damage. The DPS isn't ideal against a single target, but it's also not HORRIBLE. It's not like I'm auto-attacking for the duration. Bonus if you're getting focused by multiple melee with a pocket healer. It's also a great defensive move to get out of a bad spot. Especially combined with intervene/sword'n'board.

Your hatred for Bladestorm is just...confusing.

You can cancel Bladestorm! I do it all the time. You're bad if you never cancel.

Cyrillus

Twig said:

Fury has less mobility.

):

These are all great points, except that they have nothing to do with Arms DPS in heroics, which is what was asked. Dance In My Blood correctly said Fury does better DPS in heroics, I don't know why you feel the need to bring up Arms being more mobile and more resilient in PVP, when it was completely off topic to the question.

Twig

Banned
Cyrillus said:
These are all great points, except that they have nothing to do with Arms DPS in heroics, which is what was asked. Dance In My Blood correctly said Fury does better DPS in heroics, I don't know why you feel the need to bring up Arms being more mobile and more resilient in PVP, when it was completely off topic to the question.
I was just talking, dude. Don't get yer panties in an uproar, now!

Twig

Banned
cuevas said:
Seriously man, do you have to react to everyone like this?
I meant nothing by it. I was quoting Day of the Tentacle, if you must know. When you pester the lady sewing the first American flag about actually getting it done, she says: "Don't get yer panties in an uproar, now!" I love this phrase and have used it ever since I played the game as a kid.

I freely admit that I've said and will continue to say trollish things, but that was completely and utterly innocent. Are you really so offended? Really? What about that post made you feel as if you had to "call me out" like that?

Flambe

It might not be solely due to that singular post.

As you've said, you troll. Seeing that avatar there's a decent chance that it's going to be either an offensive or overall negative post.

So I guess you're doing what you're aiming for, grats.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Twig said:
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you're not trolling ME, so:

I am being completely legitimate when I say that it literally wasn't a troll at all. If you think it was, then you have some serious problems. This is fucking ridiculous. You need to grow up.

Seriously. Go back and reread my posts from the perspective of someone who ISN'T insane, and tell me you think I'm trolling you.
Given that virtually every time anyone disagrees with you your stock response is that they're getting too worked up, it's just trolling whether you're doing it on purpose or not.

Just stop doing it and people won't accuse you of derailing conversations.

Twig said:
I did 8-9k DPS in full honor PvP set. In almost full heroic gear, with a few JP pieces, I tend to get 10k+, although lately for some reason I can't break 8k consistently... I suspect it's because I traded my PvP set bonus for actual PvE gear?

Arms damage is only getting nerfed next patch, and fury is getting buffed. So... Yeah.
I don't get how you figure Arms is getting nerfed, HS damage is doing down, but Slam damage is going up and LttS is a permanent stack.

dimb

Angry Grimace said:
I don't get how you figure Arms is getting nerfed, HS damage is doing down, but Slam damage is going up and LttS is a permanent stack.
If he likes to PvP the juggernaut change, drums of war being taken off piercing howl, and LttS changes being a heavy burst nerf would have a negative impact on him.

Slam damage is not going up for Arms, but for Fury on their proc, and haste enhancing the ability isn't being put in yet because Blizzard is slow and lazy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dance In My Blood said:
If he likes to PvP the juggernaut change, drums of war being taken off piercing howl, and LttS changes being a heavy burst nerf would have a negative impact on him.

Slam damage is not going up for Arms, but for Fury on their proc, and haste enhancing the ability isn't being put in yet because Blizzard is slow and lazy.
LttS affects Slam but not HS, and Slam's inherent damage coefficient is higher in the first place.

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Given that virtually every time anyone disagrees with you your stock response is that they're getting too worked up, it's just trolling whether you're doing it on purpose or not.
Trolling is, by definition, intentional.
Just stop doing it and people won't accuse you of derailing conversations.
Stop doing what? Talking like a human being? Assuming people are mature enough to not get upset over light-hearted comments?

Hmm, no thanks.

Everything about that post was built to emphasize that it's not a huge deal, and yet you still took offense. That is not my problem. It is yours.
That is true. Damage-wise, arms is probably about the same, I dunno. I'm naturally inclined to think in terms of PvP, which doesn't deal exclusively with damage.

Fury is getting a million buffs, though. So, arms is getting relatively nerfed?

Angry Grimace

Twig said:
Trolling is, by definition, intentional.

Stop doing what? Talking like a human being? Assuming people are mature enough to not get upset over light-hearted comments?

Hmm, no thanks.

Everything about that post was built to emphasize that it's not a huge deal, and yet you still took offense. That is not my problem. It is yours.
Saying "I'm not trolling," doesn't make it true. You've either got an inflated sense of how much people value your opinion or you're trolling. Just stop doing the constant "why u mad" posts. It's really annoying and contributes absolutely nothing.
That is true. Damage-wise, arms is probably about the same, I dunno. I'm naturally inclined to think in terms of PvP, which doesn't deal exclusively with damage.

Fury is getting a million buffs, though. So, arms is getting relatively nerfed?
Damage wise, Arms isn't getting nerfed at all. Slam's damage coefficient is 175% weapon damage from 125% and LttS is a semi perm. 30% buff that affects MS, OP, Slam and Execute. It's a significant buff, but it's more boring because it forces you to use Slam in PvE over HS, which is inherently less interesting because Slam is on the same GCD as everything else and requires little complexity to use.

dimb

Angry Grimace said:
LttS affects Slam but not HS, and Slam's inherent damage coefficient is higher in the first place.
LttS only affects Overpower, Execute, and Mortal Strike. (Nevermind, guess I'm wrong about this.)

Slam buff is the wrong datamined version, so your numbers are all too high.

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Saying "I'm not trolling," doesn't make it true. You've either got an inflated sense of how much people value your opinion or you're trolling. Just stop doing the constant "why u mad" posts. It's really annoying and contributes absolutely nothing.
I take back what I said before. You clearly are trying to troll me. You're very determined, and I admire that! But it should probably stop soon, I think.

I hold no grudges against anyone in this thread, despite the numerous personal attacks, just so you know! :D
Damage wise, Arms isn't getting nerfed at all. Slam's damage coefficient is 175% weapon damage from 125% and LttS is a semi perm. 30% buff that affects MS, OP, Slam and Execute. It's a significant buff, but it's more boring because it forces you to use Slam in PvE over HS, which is inherently less interesting because Slam is on the same GCD as everything else and requires little complexity to use.
Hm. I did say I agreed with you.

But Mister Blood is correct. LttS doesn't currently affect Slam, and I see nothing in the PTR notes about that changing. Looking at MMO Champion, here, so maybe I'm missing something? Where are you seeing this? D:

Angry Grimace

Dance In My Blood said:
LttS only affects Overpower, Execute, and Mortal Strike. (Nevermind, guess I'm wrong about this.)

Slam buff is the wrong datamined version, so your numbers are all too high.
It doesn't matter, the LttS change increases Slam's damage overall anyways, and the actual weapon damage percent is about 20% higher.

Twig said:
I take back what I said before. You clearly are trying to troll me. You're very determined, and I admire that! But it should probably stop soon, I think.

I hold no grudges against anyone in this thread, despite the numerous personal attacks, just so you know! :D

Hm. I did say I agreed with you.

But Mister Blood is correct. LttS doesn't currently affect Slam, and I see nothing in the PTR notes about that changing. Looking at MMO Champion, here, so maybe I'm missing something?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384

It affects Slam but it's not going to matter in PvP since for the most part, anyone eating 3 MS's is probably dead.

dimb

Twig said:
But Mister Blood is correct. LttS doesn't currently affect Slam, and I see nothing in the PTR notes about that changing. Looking at MMO Champion, here, so maybe I'm missing something?
No, I'm wrong. There are just too many versions of the patch notes out there. PvE Arms is looking a lot better in 4.0.6, but they're still getting what seems like a big PvP nerf to me.

Twig

Banned
It affects Slam but it's not going to matter in PvP since for the most part, anyone eating 3 MS's is probably dead.
That'd be amazing, but no.

Dance In My Blood said:
No, I'm wrong. There are just too many versions of the patch notes out there. PvE Arms is looking a lot better in 4.0.6, but they're still getting what seems like a big PvP nerf to me.
Yes and yes. C'est la vie.

On the topic of slam in PvP, there's also the issue of lag. I frequently have trouble hitting people with instant casts, despite clearly being in range on my screen, and having a sub 200 ping, which should suffice for WoW (but wouldn't in a FPS). HAMSTRING HAMSTRING HAMSTRING WHY ISN'T IT WORKING! I can't imagine the frustration of trying to use slam, even at a 0.5 second casting time, on a moving target. I'm already tearing up a little.

I'll get 100 Twilight Jasmine then log. Okay 100 didn't take too long. 200 and I'll put em up on the AH and go to sleep. Eh I have 206 might as well finish the stack. Damn 2021 gotta keep going. Okay 260 is a good stopping point. But I'm so close to 300...

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Twig said:

Fury has less mobility.

):

I haven't had any issues with fury mobility or taking too much damage.

Fury is already overpowered 4.0.6 will be the icing on the cake.

Angry Grimace

The fact that Demo is the top sim'd DPS spec for 4.0.6 Warlocks makes my head spin.

I don't even know how to play Demo, not that I'd switch. Call me old-fashioned but it just feels like Affliction should always be the de-facto warlock spec.

dimb

Angry Grimace said:
The fact that Demo is the top sim'd DPS spec for 4.0.6 Warlocks makes my head spin.

I don't even know how to play Demo, not that I'd switch. Call me old-fashioned but it just feels like Affliction should always be the de-facto warlock spec.
Affliction is the most unique (and fun) Warlock spec. It would be nice if those kind of specs were the ones that always rose to the top.

Rapstah said:
Ideally they'd all be at the point where someone skilled in one spec would always out-DPS someone not skilled in another.

Different specs serve different purposes, they don't want to make them equal. When it comes to pure dps classes, there is going to be 1 pvp spec and 2 pve specs. They probably want to gear one towards maybe AoE and the other single target. Or possibly like in BC one spec (affliction) is for less-geared players and the other (destro) is for players in high end gear.

Anyone's server having huge lag spikes? Everyone on my server is complaining about them. (Burning Legion US) Probably getting ready for patch tuesday or something...

Twig

Banned
MrToughPants said:
I haven't had any issues with fury mobility or taking too much damage.

Fury is already overpowered 4.0.6 will be the icing on the cake.
I didn't say there were "issues", I'm just comparing to arms and stating the reasons I prefer arms.

You're free to disagree. No skin off my back.

Twig said:

Fury has less mobility.

I play in arena with a fury warrior and he seems to do OK with mobility and also seems to survive a reasonable amount. We're up to about 1800 and i don't think our combination is all that good (enhance/fury).

Twig said:

Ferrio said:
Fixed heroic leap? What's there to fix? Really it's a shit skill period. I laughed at it when they announced it back in Lich about how it'd be next to worthless, and I was pretty much spot on. Most use i get outta it is running back to the raid after a wipe.

Again the fury warrior i play with gets a ton of use out of the spell and his never complained to me about it not working.

As for blink i have never heard of mages complaining about this before. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but i've never met a mage who has mentioned it (nor have i encountered it).

Twig said:

I'll agree that heroic leap should probably be more usuable on inclines, but i don't see why you're comparing the 2 skills. They are very different and are used for completely different purposes.

Twig

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
I play in arena with a fury warrior and he seems to do OK with mobility and also seems to survive a reasonable amount. We're up to about 1800 and i don't think our combination is all that good (enhance/fury).
Again, fury is fine in PvP. I was only explaining why I prefer arms. I thought I made that perfectly clear with my first post on the subject when I said "it's more fun"!
Again the fury warrior i play with gets a ton of use out of the spell and his never complained to me about it not working.
I get a ton of use out of it, too, but it's still buggy as shit.

Have him go run around in Eye of Storm. It's the best/worst example of how buggy Heroic Leap can be.
As for blink i have never heard of mages complaining about this before. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but i've never met a mage who has mentioned it (nor have i encountered it).
It's been a problem since vanilla - one of my friends has been bitching about it since vanilla, at least - and when I finally rolled a mage alt recently, I experienced it myself. It's horrible. Rare, but still horrible.
I'll agree that heroic leap should probably be more usuable on inclines, but i don't see why you're comparing the 2 skills. They are very different and are used for completely different purposes.
It was random bitching, that's it. You're focusing too much on the what and not enough on the why! It's stupid as hell that a lock and jump off the platform in Dalaran sewers and port back up, but I can't heroic leap up the stairs. "No path available" my ass.

dimb

Heroic Leap is LOS related. Don't expect to go uphill with it. It's much less frustrating once you understand that.

Twig

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Heroic Leap is LOS related. Don't expect to go uphill with it. It's much less frustrating once you understand that.
That's not it, though. I do understand that, perfectly well. It's still buggy, and there's absolutely no way anyone could deny it if they've had any real experience with it.

I'm not talking about going up and OVER the hill. Just up the hill period.

Also, Eye of the Storm. D:

EDIT: In retrospect, the Dal sewers was a bad example, because that usually works all right. U: If I'm coming at it from an angle, it sometimes screws up, but for the most part, it's all right.

cougheyeofthestormcough

dimb

Twig said:
That's not it, though. I do understand that, perfectly well. It's still buggy, and there's absolutely no way anyone could deny it if they've had any real experience with it.

I'm not talking about going up and OVER the hill. Just up the hill period.

Also, Eye of the Storm. D:

EDIT: In retrospect, the Dal sewers was a bad example, because that usually works all right. U:
Your character does not look up. If there is elevation at eye level do not expect to heroic leap. There is certainly almost always a given logic to it.

Eye of the Storm has awful terrain and is just a bad battleground in general. Attacking hill points with Heroic Leap is just asking for trouble.

Twig

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Your character does not look up. If there is elevation at eye level do not expect to heroic leap. There is certainly almost always a given logic to it.
If it was an LOS issue, then there would be some obstacle obstructing the view from my character to the point at which I would like to perform any action. Hence: Line of Sight.

You can't heal someone behind a pillar, but you can heal them if they're up a hill.

You can't jump through a pillar, but you can jump up a--- oh wait.

If the logic was CONSISTENT for every skill, then it wouldn't be buggy, it would just be STUPID that I couldn't heal someone standing on or jump up a hill. Instead, it's inconsistent, which screams BUGS BUGS BUGS! You will not convince me otherwise, until Blizzard says otherwise, at which point I will revert to my "THIS IS STUPID" position. I:

More evidence to support my position lies in the fact that you CAN sometimes jump up hills and other times you can't! Inconsistency! It drives me bonkers, it does.

While I had a GM on the line for another issue (I accidentally deleted my fruit cakes and wanted 'em back so I could get Merrymaker!), I once mentioned it, and he said Blizzard was aware of the issue. Not that I think that really means anything, mind you!
Eye of the Storm has awful terrain and is just a bad battleground in general. Attacking hill points with Heroic Leap is just asking for trouble.
I like EOTS. :D

Anyway, I like talking to you Blood because you don't get upset when I disagree with you. U: Now I'm off to bed. Tood-a-loo.

Rokam said:
Anyone have a good suggestion for a buff/debuff monitoring mod, for feral druid dps.

I use Elkano's Buffbars, but I believe PowerAuras does the same thing (?)

Before this stuff was added to default UI I had EBB display large, slightly transparent icons popping up in the middle of my screen on important procs.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Rokam said:
Anyone have a good suggestion for a buff/debuff monitoring mod, for feral druid dps.
honestly, i find the default one sufficient. and sometimes i don't even need to look, i just instinctively know when a buff/debuff needs to be reapplied because the timings have become second nature.

foreveralone.jpg

Alex

I really like the new 1-60 questing, but really, pre-modern leveling in this game is pretty terrible any time any actual design or balance or gameplay hits the field.

It's basically killing shit in a global cooldown, pulling full rooms of mobs at a time without a care in the world, etc. Slogging through BC now, I mean, you really don't even need a tank or healer for any of these dungeons nowadays, just 'splode em with AOE before they touch you and move on.

If Ghostcrawler wants to scold high some of the problematic players new to high end for bringing the suck, he should try designing a game that the first 80 levels in it aren't harder to fail at than to succeed.

I really love end game in this title, it is great fun with the way it's evolved, but leveling could be so much more if there was even an avenue for players who wanted the mechanics and challenge of cap at least moderately applied to the rest of the game.

Most folks just quest, so it's basically an adventure game for them, so it's pretty irrelevant I suppose. I like dungeons and challenge though, so it's a real pain in the ass for me.

On the plus side, I got five chapters in my book read on my kindle tonight and even some work done on the VPN while pushing multishot and topping DPS in BC randoms.

Well we made big progress with our raiding this weekend after completely changing up how we were handling invites and who was running things. Went from only having Omnotron down in BWD (and the lowest we ever got Magmaw was 75%) to only having Atramedes and Nefarian left in one weekend. We got Atramedes down to 45% last night, but people were screwing up to stupid shit so I think fatigue was setting in. Did not even put any attempts in on Council since we were making great progress in BWD, but I imagine we will work on them this weekend.

Alex

Council is MUCH harder than Atramedes, but Nefarian is MUCH harder than Cho'gall. It requires a little bit of bouncing around if you're working on progression like that.

Alex said:
Council is MUCH harder than Atramedes, but Nefarian is MUCH harder than Cho'gall. It requires a little bit of bouncing around if you're working on progression like that.

Yeah our current plan to finish things up is Atramades->Council->Cho'gall->Nefarian. It was just nice to finally be making progress after wasting so much time due to guild bullshit.

Trasher

Evil Benius said:
Yeah our current plan to finish things up is Atramades->Council->Cho'gall->Nefarian. It was just nice to finally be making progress after wasting so much time due to guild bullshit.
You guys killed Chimaeron before Atramedes? Interesting. We found the Atramedes fight way more doable than Chimaeron.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
bad healer is bad. doesn't heal enough, goes oom each pull, says it's my fault (a couple of times it actually was, but not always. mistakes happen). i get kicked from party. ok? whatevs. requeue, get VP, this time we have pretty much NO CC, yet we have a good healer and coast through the instance without much trouble. i tank full groups like a boss, with no CC, and the healer just does a good job.

*sigh*

sometimes i just don't want to do any pugs, ever.

so my guild finally killed Nefarian to go 12/12 in regular modes. Anyone with heroic experience know which raid boss we should hit up first? There is little current interest among the leadership to do heroic modes this week, but I'd like to at least go in on a separate 10 man group and see a fight or two.

vehn

funkmastergeneral said:
so my guild finally killed Nefarian to go 12/12 in regular modes. Anyone with heroic experience know which raid boss we should hit up first? There is little current interest among the leadership to do heroic modes this week, but I'd like to at least go in on a separate 10 man group and see a fight or two.

if you do that you'll be locked out of that instances' normal group too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom