• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trasher said:
You guys killed Chimaeron before Atramedes? Interesting. We found the Atramedes fight way more doable than Chimaeron.

Chimaeron did not really give us any issues, we had him dead almost exactly one hour after the raid start time. The main issue was getting a proper kiting setup for the final phase. It also helped that on the kill I remembered to throw up Righteous Fury putting me third on the aggro table with my heals.

funkmastergeneral said:
so my guild finally killed Nefarian to go 12/12 in regular modes. Anyone with heroic experience know which raid boss we should hit up first? There is little current interest among the leadership to do heroic modes this week, but I'd like to at least go in on a separate 10 man group and see a fight or two.

On 25s at least, Halfus is usually the target of choice, followed by Chimaeron.

And even though you may be full cleared, I'd still be patient and wait at least a week or two to gear up some more - farm the normal content for a bit (it's not farm if you haven't killed it at least twice, though I usually regard it as 3 times and/or clean kills) then be ready to hit heroic.

You don't want people with more than a few blues left for heroic modes.

No45

Bah, currently looking like I'll need to pay ~1k for my Runed Adamantite Rod. That's not going to help with my Artisan Riding savings fund. :'(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Twig said:
If it was an LOS issue, then there would be some obstacle obstructing the view from my character to the point at which I would like to perform any action. Hence: Line of Sight.

You can't heal someone behind a pillar, but you can heal them if they're up a hill.

You can't jump through a pillar, but you can jump up a--- oh wait.

If the logic was CONSISTENT for every skill, then it wouldn't be buggy, it would just be STUPID that I couldn't heal someone standing on or jump up a hill. Instead, it's inconsistent, which screams BUGS BUGS BUGS! You will not convince me otherwise, until Blizzard says otherwise, at which point I will revert to my "THIS IS STUPID" position. I:
Yeah, it's not perfect by any means, but it's just an ability I like. I've come to the point where it works when I think it will and I find it to be super useful. It's a charge that costs no rage and it can be used in any context (when it works), which is especially useful for escaping dangerous situations and getting around.

And as Alliance the nicest thing I can say about EoTS is that it isn't Strand.

Macattk15

Twig said:
Fury is getting a million buffs, though. So, arms is getting relatively nerfed?

Not really. It's getting buffs to other things and a HUGE nerf to Heroic Strike. Those "million buffs" to the other abilities ... Raging Blow, Mastery, Slam ... barely make up the huge nerf to Heroic Strike.

Finally won TB at like 4am this morning and did Baradin Hold. Argaloth was pretty easy; I kinda expected the worse considering how late it was in the day and raid week; in WoTLK the biggest VoA fail runs seemed to occur on Sundays and Mondays lol. Given the ridiculous drop rates and all the pvp shit, I doubt I'll get any PvE tier gear from him anytime soon. Assuming Alliance wins TB again of course; horde dominate my server : /

PhoenixDark said:
Given the ridiculous drop rates and all the pvp shit, I doubt I'll get any PvE tier gear from him anytime soon. Assuming Alliance wins TB again of course; horde dominate my server : /

Yeah I will have enough VP to buy my pants this week so if they do not drop by the weekend I am giving up on them.

PhoenixDark said:
Finally won TB at like 4am this morning and did Baradin Hold. Argaloth was pretty easy; I kinda expected the worse considering how late it was in the day and raid week; in WoTLK the biggest VoA fail runs seemed to occur on Sundays and Mondays lol. Given the ridiculous drop rates and all the pvp shit, I doubt I'll get any PvE tier gear from him anytime soon. Assuming Alliance wins TB again of course; horde dominate my server : /

For some reason he seems to drop PvP gear for me exclusively in 10 man. It's really just worth it for the VP and the extreme off chance he would actually drop something useful for you.

I wish there was a mount.

Twig

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Yeah, it's not perfect by any means, but it's just an ability I like. I've come to the point where it works when I think it will and I find it to be super useful. It's a charge that costs no rage and it can be used in any context (when it works), which is especially useful for escaping dangerous situations and getting around.

And as Alliance the nicest thing I can say about EoTS is that it isn't Strand.
I love heroic leap, too. It's a love-hate thing.

I don't see EOTS dominated by either Horde or Alliance when I play it. The better team wins. U: Especially in rateds. Not that I would know what it feels like to win a rated. Every team I've been in has been awful, except one, and that one we were just constantly getting mismatched against teams with ratings waaaaay higher than our own average.

Strand is the worst. It's getting rebalanced for the next patch, though, so... maybe it'll be better?

Macattk15 said:
Not really. It's getting buffs to other things and a HUGE nerf to Heroic Strike. Those "million buffs" to the other abilities ... Raging Blow, Mastery, Slam ... barely make up the huge nerf to Heroic Strike.
The huge numbers I'm seeing RIGHT NOW aren't even from heroic strike, they're from Raging Blow. Maybe their sustained DPS isn't getting buffed, but their burst damage certainly is, and burst is hugely important in PvP.

I mean, HS is still big right now, but you know what I mean.

Heroic Leap is fun. I've been using it in pvp, which I suck at. I want to experiment with it in heroics later today. I've been thinking about the last humanoid pull in Vortex Pinnacle before the final boss (where they're all in that magic forcefield). You could charge in, do some aoe, then Heroic Leap to the stairs as have dps start their CC as the adds chase after you.

I'm pretty bummed you can't leap from building top to building top in Stormwind :(

Macattk15

Twig said:
The huge numbers I'm seeing RIGHT NOW aren't even from heroic strike, they're from Raging Blow. Maybe their sustained DPS isn't getting buffed, but their burst damage certainly is, and burst is hugely important in PvP.

I mean, HS is still big right now, but you know what I mean.

Oh. Well I'm talking straight PvE. Yeah they did buff Raging Blow nicely, but it was only to make up for the huge nerf to Heroic Strikes damage. HS used to be like 21% of my damage. It has dropped to around 10% on PTR. Raging Blow went up by about 10%.

I PvP as Arms. I probably won't any longer though after the patch.

Ferrio

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Heroic Leap is fun. I've been using it in pvp, which I suck at. I want to experiment with it in heroics later today. I've been thinking about the last humanoid pull in Vortex Pinnacle before the final boss (where they're all in that magic forcefield). You could charge in, do some aoe, then Heroic Leap to the stairs as have dps start their CC as the adds chase after you.

Thing is, Leap is okay as a mobility tool... other than that it sucks. They might as well just take the damage component away and put the thing on a shorter cooldown. I loved when they first pitched the ability on the forums and quoted it as "MASSIVE DAMAGE", ya that 2k massive damage.

I'm pretty bumped you can't leap from building top to building top in Stormwind :(

Actually you can jump from any height then heroic leap in freefall to take 0 falling damage. Little tricky due to lag, but doable.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ferrio said:
Actually you can jump from any height then heroic leap in freefall to take 0 falling damage. Little tricky due to lag, but doable.
That worked for me when I targeted the ground, but when I targeted a lower building top in free fall "no path available".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
DeathNote said:
That worked for me when I targeted the ground, but when I targeted a lower building top in free fall "no path available".
And this is why we use Flexweave Underlay.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
And this is why we use Flexweave Underlay.
How is that going to get me on that lower building top? There was ground between the higher building I was on and the shorter building I wanted to get to. Both work to get you to the ground safe, one just needs more focus.

Oh well I'm a goblin engineer warrior so I have both. :D

Dunlop

Dunlop said:
We just can't buy a break, our first time at Halfus and we get the brutal combination of Slate, Storm and Scion. After a few wipes we get him down to 2% before he enrages, morale is high we will have him the next attempt...and we lose 2 people to DC issues.

We really need to bolster our ranks

On the plus side, those trash pulls are either bugged or we are super lucky, we got 6 epics on 2 clears...none that I could use. In fact to date there has not been a single drop that could be remotely useful for a Priest

RAGE!!!!

:p

rounded up some people on a non raid night and we one shotted him with this combo, I would not have slept at night if we had not finished this before it reset on tuesday. We are one holy paladin away from being back to our former awesome selves.

...course finding said paladin has proven to be difficult

C.Dark.DN

Banned
My game keeps lagging for 30 secs. Sometimes I can fly around without a mount and other times the mobs are frozen in place and I can't cast anything. Seems like it is happening more and more frequently.

I have 30/30 internet but I'm on a 75 foot cable between my pc and the router upstairs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
That happened to me once today.
I don't expect it to never happen since it's done it for 5 years, but it's happening very frequently for me. I've never been able to fly in the past either.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Noticed some weird lag too today, sometimes i go around looting or surveying or casting, and my game lags for nearly 30 secs. Yet my latency is just fine right before and after the lag spike. Usually when i get a huge lag spike, i come back with over 1k latency.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Noticed some weird lag too today, sometimes i go around looting or surveying or casting, and my game lags for nearly 30 secs. Yet my latency is just fine right before and after the lag spike. Usually when i get a huge lag spike, i come back with over 1k latency.
You can move your character but no spells register? My friend said it's happening to him a lot too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
You can move your character but no spells register? My friend said it's happening to him a lot too.

I can move my character yes, but i cant loot, cant cast, cant chat.. just like any kind of lag spikes i got in the past. But the only difference is my latency stay in the ~100ms rather than going in the thousands.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I can move my character yes, but i cant loot, cant cast, cant chat.. just like any kind of lag spikes i got in the past. But the only difference is my latency stay in the ~100ms rather than going in the thousands.
Mine is in the 100's too. 4 times in the past 30 mins.

etiolate

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

poor pd

belfenholdt =(

Final night before reset was nearly 3 hours of wiping on heroic (10) al akir. Whether it was a just a bad night, or the fight is overtuned I don't know but...fuck you al'akir.

MattPeters said:
Final night before reset was nearly 3 hours of wiping on heroic (10) al akir. Whether it was a just a bad night, or the fight is overtuned I don't know but...fuck you al'akir.

damn you guys are 11/12(H) already?

Tried out Heroic Leap a bit in heroics, but only as a means to escape/kite shit: kiting the dark phoenix during Barim in Lost City, and escaping/showboating Ozruk in Stonecore. Didn't matter much against Ozruk, but I'd imagine the healer was happy I took less dmg against the dark phoenix in Lost City

Macattk15

PhoenixDark said:
Tried out Heroic Leap a bit in heroics, but only as a means to escape/kite shit: kiting the dark phoenix during Barim in Lost City, and escaping/showboating Ozruk in Stonecore. Didn't matter much against Ozruk, but I'd imagine the healer was happy I took less dmg against the dark phoenix in Lost City

That is all its really worth. As an escape ability. I used a perfectly executed Heroic Leap when Magmatron targetted me with his red beam of doom amidst all the melee in the ODS fight which made several people exclaim "NICE FUCKING LEAP!".

Feels good man.

Ramirez

MattPeters said:

And here I was excited about finally downing him in normal mode last night. :p

Here's my PSA so you guys save yourselves the 3000g =P

WoWScrnShot_020111_133131.jpg

I WAS PROMISED THIS BLIZZ! http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/cataclysm/cataclysm_models/darkphoenixmount.jpg, not something that's almost completely transparent!

Oh well, back to Invincible.

(it looks ok if I fly over dark water =P http://home.windstream.net/kubek/WoWScrnShot_020111_133909.jpg)

cuevas said:
damn you guys are 11/12(H) already?

Not quite. We dont have Al'Akir, Nefarion,or Cho'gall down on heroic yet. (We are 10m, not 25)

Our plans for Sinestra last lockout didnt work out so well. :\

C.Dark.DN

Banned

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
What do you guys think about rocket jump? I haven't seen much criticism and Heroic Leap is further, does aoe damage, and lets you choose the spot.

I don't see much wrong with more mobility in pve and pvp.

Macattk15 said:
That is all its really worth. As an escape ability. I used a perfectly executed Heroic Leap when Magmatron targetted me with his red beam of doom amidst all the melee in the ODS fight which made several people exclaim "NICE FUCKING LEAP!".

Feels good man.

It's not escape only. You get to something faster and avoid something faster. Same with sprint, rocket jump, blink. I think choosing the spot is a strong perk.

Twig

Banned
Heroic Leap is my favorite new ability in the game. There's nothing WRONG with it, in theory. It's just broken. Buggy, not overpowered or useless.
Macattk15 said:

Feels good man.
I did the same thing during the uh... whatever his name is... dragon boss fight in Grim Batol. Add spawned like right under the boss in the middle of his breath attack and I was like "oh shit it's on me and two feet away AHHH" but managed to get away thanks to heroic leap.

Totes boss-ballin'. :3

J-Rzez

Sax Russel said:
Here's my PSA so you guys save yourselves the 3000g =P

Wow, how did that get looked over? Did they figure it would take guilds a while to get to it anyways? Fix it a little while down the road and just forgot about it? I was so high on this game overall, thought the quality was much better than usual, but now it seems more and more flaws (severe and not-so-severe) are popping up.

A shame this patch didn't hit yet, but I'm glad as Unholy's mastery is still borked, and knowing Blizzard they'd release it busted and tell people to just deal with it until next patch which they may fix it in because there's two more specs to play lol.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
one of the things I still don't understand about WoW and its expansions:

Is Deathwing currently beatable? Is there a Deathwing boss instance?

I have no concept of how major expansion-spanning battles occur in this game.

Rez said:
one of the things I still don't understand about WoW and its expansions:

Is Deathwing currently beatable? Is there a Deathwing boss instance?

I have no concept of how major expansion-spanning battles occur in this game.

Nope. He'll be in the last content patch before the next expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom