• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Raven Lord is still the best mount.

Not even a contest.

Nope
bearmountskinblackpurple.jpg

You're right :(

I think I'm missing something there, seems contradictory.

I tanked a bunch throughout my warrior's lifetime. Vanilla and BC sucked for that, sure; but when they switched to the damage tanking model, man did it suddenly become super fun. I remember I had enough raiding gear at the end of BC that when WLK came around, I was tearing through the 5mans as I leveled, just gathering up a big pack and AoEing.. as a warrior!

I think stance dancing was really an important part of the class though, at least for PvP (since PvE is mindless anyway). It gave us something unique, rather than mindlessness. Having to make decisions on whether you could drop your rage to swap and intercept, if you needed to hold off to make sure you could pop a reflect, etc. Now even having a cooldown on stance swaps, a single hotbar across all three, made it seem to me, in the short time I played after those changes, that the class was a lot less... dynamic? Maybe not the best word, maybe just that it was much more shallow.

What's contradictory about it? I would level him from time to time and the class started to really suck ass in bc. The. Wrath came along, I leveled to 80 and hated it. I have him at 90 now and it is just... Bleh.

And I would agree about the stance dance for pvp. Felt like you were changing gears when you did it.

Into

Trying to figure out which character to gear, mainly want to play 3v3 with a disc healer and Hunter.

Thinking going Rogue for thugcleave, i heard Ferals got nerfed to hell? How would a Frost Mage work in this day and age with a Hunter+Priest? Warriors? Enh Shamans?

I enjoy my S Priest a lot in PVP but that wont work with a Hunter+Disc i reckon

lordmrw

I logged onto my old server (Nazgrel) yesterday and it is beyond dead. Aside from myself there were about 6 other people in the entire Shrine of Seven Stars. I'm glad I transferred to Stormrage back in June but at the same time I do kind of miss the server I started on and all the alts I left behind. I'm interested in seeing what the population will be like once they connect it with some other servers.

Dawg

I love World of Warcraft to death, but man they have to improve their holiday and anniversary stuff. Apparently, they'll do something big(ger) when they hit their 10th anniversary, but still.

The same holiday events every year are getting old. It's always the same headless horseman with slightly better loot. I understand most of their team is working on content updates and the expansion(s), but I'd like some new stuff.

Getting that same anniversary letter every year with the XP boost feels cheap too, especially for a big MMO like WoW. How long has it been since they gave a pet or something for the anniversary? It's been a while.

Wubby

In a way it's kinda nice the holidays haven't changed much. I did them all in Wrath to get the 310 speed pink dragon and haven't had to log into the game during holidays since. Some of those pvp ones were a real pain in the butt and I'd rather not have to do those again!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The me-too version of that mount? lolno

I'm still angry about that. They announce they are bringing the mount back, then intentionally give it the fucking ugliest color scheme possible just to stick it to everyone who didn't raid in BC. They could have easily just gone with the cool alternate greenish color scheme you see on the actual bear mount mobs in ZA. But no, they go with fucking washed out "lol aww look you got a bear mount too, too bad it's not a REAL bear mount" third class bullshit.

Tacitus_

I'm still angry about that. They announce they are bringing the mount back, then intentionally give it the fucking ugliest color scheme possible just to stick it to everyone who didn't raid in BC. They could have easily just gone with the cool alternate greenish color scheme you see on the actual bear mount mobs in ZA. But no, they go with fucking washed out "lol aww look you got a bear mount too, too bad it's not a REAL bear mount" third class bullshit.

Bask in my glory

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I swear these raid mounts do not exist, i've been killing Onyxia, Malygos and Kaelthas on 3-4 different character every weeks for the past months and i haven't seen their mounts yet.

I swear these raid mounts do not exist, i've been killing Onyxia, Malygos and Kaelthas on 3-4 different character every weeks for the past months and i haven't seen their mounts yet.

Ony's drop rate was increased significantly sometime in the past year. I'm really surprised you haven't gotten her yet. Keep it up!

Jag

My favorite mount is probably still the Headless Horseman even though I have some nice unique and discontinued mounts. Since it's a combo flying/ground mount, it is very convenient in those transition areas. Plus it looks so cool flying with the flaming hooves.

vocab

I got a bear yesterday. I'll never use it. I'll use my headless horsemen mount for all purpose because it fits into every doorway, and doesn't have problems with water walking like most ground mounts do (warbringer mounts fucking suck in this regard), and bust out spawn of galakras or korkron mount to show off the new mounts. I'm 3 achievements away from skyscreamer. Id probably use that the most. Only like 0.5 of the player base has it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
"Team is 100% dedicated to WoD" or whatever. Hopefully tenth will deliver. By then we will be on Draenor!!

Funny enough, I think my two favorite ground mounts would be yaks and talbuks. Oh man, the grinding I did to get all the talbuks (fucking warbeads).

As far as flying goes, I still use my blazing hippogryph a lot. I also really dig the store flying goat. I dunno why. And I still love the protodrakes. Was so proud to get my violet one back in 09.
---
I don't know what I expected for the anniversary but I always hope for something a little more. Like they could have had a silly hat with the rep bonus or something. Not that my bank really needs more stuff. :/ Really wish we'd see that toy and heirloom tab sooner than WoD.
---
Managed to do all the SoO LFRs this week. Downfall is so painful but at least I did it in case I don't get a chance to jump in on any flex/normal runs. Kinda wanna work on an alt now before the expansion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of Downfall LFR... i wiped 5 times on Blackfuse yesterday before giving up... doing this on a sunday is such a bad idea.

Khezu

I would say Dreadsteed or Raven Lord are the best mounts but neither of them fly when arguably they should both be able to fly :(

Dreadsteads being able to fly is one of the small things I want most in WoW.

Along with Starshards coming back.

Fuck fearward.

I wouldn't even mind if it came back as a Balance spell.

Anoregon

Even though I'm kinda sick of seeing them everywhere... like someone on the previous page said, gonna be a jet fighter pilot, YOLO -_-

I didn't even know that you can herb without dismounting until after I bought it. Big pimpin alchemist status confirmed.

Anoregon

What. Game changer. =O

It's all worth it for the barrel roll and boost! :>

rollcrc0s.gif

Man, look at that gif. Compare that to like a gif of a vanilla tauren druid on mid-range 2005 PC. We've come a long way, metzen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom