• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

erawsd

Balance of power quest implementation is one of the worst ideas from a conceptual standpoint that I've ever seen, up there with this expansion's implementation of Archaeology. Its like they were trying to do everything as poorly as possible.

You have this artifact, with very limited total number of appearances. Lets make one of them gated at baseline behind an introductory raid Normal mode (or higher) only. But not only that, lets make it take 6-8 weeks of doing the raid to get all the drops, then you have to go to the next raid to finish up. Should we make it account wide? No way! Of course you will want to do 6-8 weeks of EN on every character you play! Starting to play a character in patch 7.3 when WQs give better rewards than EN? Sucks to be you! No way you'll be able to find 6 weeks worth of EN groups easily! Guess that one appearance of the 6 total you can choose from (with 2 of those 6 being basically the baseline ones) is locked forever! Oh you did something impressive and difficult like clearing a Mythic +15 in the time limit? Too bad so sad, no appearance for you!

Like I've always said, if you're gonna make something "for raiders" at least commit to it. Make it Mythic raiding only. Normal EN is no harder than LFR EN, but it takes way more effort to do and in the future will be super irrelevant and almost impossible to find groups for. There's no "skill" basis they've locked this appearance behind, only a tedious and arbitrary requirement.

The part where you're forced to have the base appearance in order to use any of them is the only part that I'm really bothered by. Each unlock should be entirely independent and only require you to complete whatever the objective is. Aside from that I'm ok with having questlines and rewards that encourage you to be there when the content is relevant.

v1perz53

The part where you're forced to have the base appearance in order to use any of them is the only part that I'm really bothered by. Each unlock should be entirely independent and only require you to complete whatever the objective is. Aside from that I'm ok with having questlines and rewards that encourage you to be there when the content is relevant.

Yea, pretty much I agree. If each tint was an individual unlock, they could do whatever they wanted. Hell, make it that I have to /dance with every mob in normal EN, I don't care, as long as I can get some form of that appearance. But requiring the baseline form to unlock tints (especially when a tint is more challenging to unlock than the baseline appearance) is just dumb.

Bah why did they make it so hard to cross realm now. Been trying for ages to finish off the Molten Front achievements for that title and I just had Mankrik spawn FINALLY on my 2nd account's horde character. Problem is that char is on Mal'Ganis and my alliance main is on Tichondrious, so I have no way of getting them together to /wave at that stupid NPC.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

If anything (and I'm honestly pretty doubtful), I think this will be what Blizz changes at some point.

Especially since a somewhat similar 'precedent' is already there with unlocking hidden artifact dungeon/pvp/WQ skins for alternate specs.

Strimei

As I don't really PVP (may do so though soon for a change of pace and to at least get one of the mounts), I do like that the warden towers give marks of honor recently. Between all my alts I'm collecting a decent amount that I can then use to buy some of the pvp set appearances. Useful~

Fjordson

Totally agree. I was hyped to unlock the one where you kill all the world bosses or whatever, but even after getting the achievement I find out that it's locked until I get the first appearance in that row. Makes no sense.

Nokterian

So finally boosted a priest..playing shadow and it is pretty fun, i never played it before but who here played it before? And that i mean with the huge changes from 7.1 to 7.1.5?

Tarazet

So finally boosted a priest..playing shadow and it is pretty fun, i never played it before but who here played it before? And that i mean with the huge changes from 7.1 to 7.1.5?

I haven't played it at 110 (only 106), when everyone had lower gear levels and before TEN opened up Shadow was utterly terrible. Since the point that everyone was able to get into 850 and up, it has just gotten stronger and stronger. Shadow is one of the absolute best classes to bring to high level M+ because they are survivable, have epic sustained AOE and pretty decent single target as well.

Loxley

I just solo'd all of the Cata raids for the first time, it was pretty cool to finally see all of them since I'd stopped raiding after TBC. Man, that part of the Deathwing fight where you have to knock off the three plates on his back...that must have been a pain in the ass when it was the high-end content.

Also, I feel slightly dirty for getting the titles for defeating Deathwing, since it took me zero effort at all XD

Nokterian

I just solo'd all of the Cata raids for the first time, it was pretty cool to finally see all of them since I'd stopped raiding after TBC. Man, that part of the Deathwing fight where you have to knock off the three plates on his back...that must have been a pain in the ass when it was the high-end content.

Also, I feel slightly dirty for getting the titles for defeating Deathwing, since it took me zero effort at all XD

That's is part of the fun revisiting old raids on high level with high gear, it is so easy to go through them.

Yeah, that plate part was a pain in Heroic back when it was current. It literally killed my guild wayback when(Well, it was more a dispute of an officer wanting to recruit her buddy, and then I was like 'Let's go to lfr to test his dps', and she was like 'oh he gets sick when people examine him...).

It was a blast though..

Heroic Ragnaros though, heroic ragnaros was great. I got into a group that ran it each week, I got the firehawk, and eventually we sold runs~

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
kdlu8Mi.png

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't banned him yet.

v1perz53

I've earned 13,000,000 AP from M+ dungeons since Tuesday reset. That is approximately 50 runs overall. I've gone from artifact level 39 to 44. And yet I still have not gotten my third legendary. At this point, I can only imagine bad luck protection has some kind of cap, and that despite having as much bad luck protection as the game allows me, I continue to get unlucky with rolls for legendary drops.

Moff

I've earned 13,000,000 AP from M+ dungeons since Tuesday reset. That is approximately 50 runs overall. I've gone from artifact level 39 to 44. And yet I still have not gotten my third legendary. At this point, I can only imagine bad luck protection has some kind of cap, and that despite having as much bad luck protection as the game allows me, I continue to get unlucky with rolls for legendary drops.

I imagine the drop rate is simply quote low, even with bad puck protection

I have gotten a legendary every 2 months so far, I am not a super active player, I do emmissary quests, roughly 1 whole raid dungeon a week and maybe 1 or 2 m+ and a little lfr

Hey guys. Any catch up guides to all the changes? I stopped playing about 3 months ago. Is beast mastery still shit? Any big changes to blood DKs?

biaxident

Is there a nameplate addon that spreads out the nameplates of mobs? Since i'm a dot class its very annoying in dungeons with packs of 6+ when are the nameplates are together, I have to move my camera angle so I can actually switch targets. There's an option in the interface menu to stack nameplates, but they still overlap unless I change my camera angle. Just getting old as a dot class, currently using tidyplates. Any help appreciated.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yeah, after your 2nd leg things slow down considerably. I've been sitting on #3 for around 2-3 months now. Just what happens when you have extremely low drop odds, some people will get lucky and chain them in a week or a month, and others will go a few months without one.

Tis why I absolutely hate the legendary system. Any system that encouraged players to reroll alts of the same class in order to get those quick first two legs is very poor design.

Edit: they actually made a blue post a couple hours back on legendaries and 7.2, http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/795641-blizzard-read-this-how-can-you-allow-this/:

Blizz Dev said:
There are a fair number of additions/tweaks in 7.2 to the legendary system. They've not been introduced on PTR yet but they are coming and this is something we will be actively seeking feedback on. Some of the issues that you highlight are things that we are hoping to ameliorate with these changes.

Please have patience with us as we roll out new quest/feature content on PTR next week and then move into rolling out the item/reward/systems changes. It is a bit of staged progressive rollout to focus testing and feedback but there are additional changes coming.

Please continue to supply feedback throughout this process though. :)

Better late than never I guess, but as one of those people who chained 3 utility legendaries in a row, can't help but still feel salty that they couldn't implement a fix in the first 5 months of the expac. 7.2 is also still a couple months away.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
When I got my execute ring, I saw a huge increase in my DPS, and I would see the same if I were to get lucky and get the cloak and helmet. It's really annoying knowing that I am gimped as a spec because my RNG isn't better.

And thanks for adding those completely useless heroic leap shoulders in 7.1.5, Blizz. Now I have an even slimmer chance of getting what I need.

I feel like revisions to the system in 7.2 is too late for sure. Just legendary fixes alone would be worth packaging into a 7.1.7 or something.

Cause Nighthold will essentially be over by the time 7.2 drops. A better legendary system is something I need now to compete, not 3-5 months from now when I'll inevitably have at least one more legendary anyway and Nighthold progression will be over or mostly so.

v1perz53

I imagine the drop rate is simply quote low, even with bad puck protection

I have gotten a legendary every 2 months so far, I am not a super active player, I do emmissary quests, roughly 1 whole raid dungeon a week and maybe 1 or 2 m+ and a little lfr

Yea, thats the thing though is I've been pretty active, and I got my last legendary 11 weeks ago at this point (my 2nd). For 11 weeks I've done daily emissaries (except for a short window) done full LFR weekly, and done 20-30 M+ runs weekly. The past 2 weeks I've ramped up, with 50-70 M+ runs each week hoping to finally get that third. It just seems like the 3rd should've come by now, I'd get a slow down around the 4th or so but 3rd?

Yeah, after your 2nd leg things slow down considerably. I've been sitting on #3 for around 2-3 months now. Just what happens when you have extremely low drop odds, some people will get lucky and chain them in a week or a month, and others will go a few months without one.

Yea, as I said above, my 2nd was 11 weeks ago now. I guess I expected a slow down, but not so severe and not after the 2nd, I was expecting more after the 3rd/4th. Just a frustrating system. Not a single guild member has had such a long gap between 2 and 3, and I play MUCH more than any of them.

Mostly I'm just annoyed because I really hate one of my legendaries and would love to replace it (and the one I don't hate is Prydaz lol).

Zelias

Banned
Got the pets and toys from the Lunar Festival - ended up just buying one of the pets though as I couldn't be bothered flying around Azeroth for coins on another alt. Thank god that's done with...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I feel like revisions to the system in 7.2 is too late for sure. Just legendary fixes alone would be worth packaging into a 7.1.7 or something.

Cause Nighthold will essentially be over by the time 7.2 drops. A better legendary system is something I need now to compete, not 3-5 months from now when I'll inevitably have at least one more legendary anyway and Nighthold progression will be over or mostly so.

Yep, definitely sucks, but at the very least they are addressing it and not going to put the blinders on for the entire xpac. Must have been fun running around with bis legs pre-7.1.5 (or at the very least 1 dps leg) and even through NH though, wonder what that feels like :/.

And thanks for adding those completely useless heroic leap shoulders in 7.1.5, Blizz. Now I have an even slimmer chance of getting what I need.

I got bracers --> sephuz --> prydaz. Prydaz is OK now, but man did I want to rage quit a couple months back (pre-7.1.5). Told my buddies I swear if I get those shoulders 4th, I'm done lol. Just throw more garbage into that .00001% loot table.

Lain

OK, miners in here, fess up, who of you has a rank 2 brimstone mining? How long did it take you to have the fucking infernal give the quest?

I need some reassurance that I'm just blessed with shitty luck in getting these RNG mining quests to pop because between being stuck at rank 2 for 5 of the normal ores mining and at rank 1 for the brimstones I'm losing faith this stuff even works.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Its super lame how Gilneas and Kezan/The Lost Isles exist in the game but nobody can go there. What a dumb decision. Gilnean architecture is so awesome.

You can go to Gilneas. The gate is broken down, there's what looks like the beginnings of a horde assault on the zone (planned for some future release I assume). I flew around looking for clues for the hidden arms skin back when we had no idea where to look and thought that paper might be something.

Given the storyline this expansion, I wouldn't be shocked if it became some kind of scenario or zone.

Strimei

Its super lame how Gilneas and Kezan/The Lost Isles exist in the game but nobody can go there. What a dumb decision. Gilnean architecture is so awesome.

You can go to Gilneas though.

There's absolutely nothing to do, but you CAN go!

The bigger disappointment is how Blizzard nixed the idea of a Gilnean district taking the place of the Park in Stormwind way back when. Something about how "Gilnean architecture would clash", which oh yeah, a giant smoldering crater for years is a much better look, agreed (/s)

The Gilneans do need more hubs/towns, though. Another place I was disappointed was Surwich in the Blasted Lands. It was the only full Gilnean town outside of Gilneas until Legion introduced Bradensbrook (there are a few Gilnean camps here and there in the world, such as outside of the graveyard in Duskwood, but no real towns), and...barely anything happens there. Hell, during the pre-WoD event, it would have made some sense to start from there instead of a sudden beachhead on a beach that, if memory serves, didn't even exist prior to it (I think? I don't remember there being a beach there, anyway)

I mean, Surwich was a small port, it was behind the Iron Horde's lines, it would have been perfect. Instead...nothing.

Such a waste.

You can go to Gilneas. The gate is broken down, there's what looks like the beginnings of a horde assault on the zone (planned for some future release I assume). I flew around looking for clues for the hidden arms skin back when we had no idea where to look and thought that paper might be something.

The Horde forces are part of quests from Silverpine for the Horde, if memory serves. They're ancient, from Cataclysm.

Lomax

OK, miners in here, fess up, who of you has a rank 2 brimstone mining? How long did it take you to have the fucking infernal give the quest?

I need some reassurance that I'm just blessed with shitty luck in getting these RNG mining quests to pop because between being stuck at rank 2 for 5 of the normal ores mining and at rank 1 for the brimstones I'm losing faith this stuff even works.

I'm still rank 1 brimstone and I've done almost every available brimstone since the week after launch. I also don't have a single mining skill at 3 stars even though I've mined thousands of both ores. It's a terrible system but at least unlike herbalism there's no real bonus to the three star other than more ore. The herbalism 3 star stuff is much more interesting but if I was waiting for that I'd be far more angry at this point. It just amazes me how they took what seemed like good concepts for professions this expansion and just completely botched the execution.

Wish the worgen and goblins could get a proper capital city. I suppose the goblins have Azshara but all the worgen get is a hollowed out tree, lol.

Goblins have the Undermine, under Kezan. That may have been destroyed by the cataclysm though. Gallywix doesn't own the Undermine like he does Azshara though

Worgen should move back into Gilneas.

I powered through the Brawler's guild tonight, I've gotten up to the second fight in rank 7. So far it feels a whole lot easier than it did in previous seasons, it felt like I breezed through everything up to Nibbleh, but I'm thinking being a BM hunter in 870 gear isn't going to cut it for these last 3 fights.

Oh and it's criminal that Gilneas isn't a functioning Capital city, that place is excellent.

It's also by far the best racial starting area/quests in the game in my opinion, and it makes me feel dirty saying that about content introduced in Cataclysm.

The Gnomes could have Gnomeregan back, Silvermoon could finally be repaired, the Worgens could take Gilneas back, the Goblins could get a functioning capital city...but what's the point? They would have to find a way to significantly rework and/or instance multiple starting zones for what benefit?

There's arguably too many faction cities and most players tend to congregate in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Silvermoon and The Exodar get abandoned because they're instanced, don't have flying and so far removed from everything. Undercity is the defacto capital city for the Horde in the Eastern Kingdoms by virtue of being the only one. Even though Darnassus is the only real major Alli faction hub for Kalimdor, it tends to be pretty empty. There's no point in making Bilgewater Bay or Gnomeregan functioning cities when there's Orgrimmar and Ironforge right next to them. There's sort of an argument for Gilneas, to have an Alli faction hub up in the northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms. It would make leveling through those zones a little easier but that would require a lot of work.

As a Goblin, why would you want to be in the same city Gallywix is, dude is a backstabbing piece of shit.

The Gnomes could have Gnomeregan back, Silvermoon could finally be repaired, the Worgens could take Gilneas back, the Goblins could get a functioning capital city...but what's the point? They would have to find a way to significantly rework and/or instance multiple starting zones for what benefit?

There's arguably too many faction cities and most players tend to congregate in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Silvermoon and The Exodar get abandoned because they're instanced, don't have flying and so far removed from everything. Undercity is the defacto capital city for the Horde in the Eastern Kingdoms by virtue of being the only one. Even though Darnassus is the only real major Alli faction hub for Kalimdor, it tends to be pretty empty. There's no point in making Bilgewater Bay or Gnomeregan functioning cities when there's Orgrimmar and Ironforge right next to them. There's sort of an argument for Gilneas, to have an Alli faction hub up in the northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms. It would make leveling through those zones a little easier but that would require a lot of work.

As a Goblin, why would you want to be in the same city Gallywix is, dude is a backstabbing piece of shit.

I just want to be more immersed in their cultures and aesthetics. But as you said there isn't a whole lot of benefit when they would just end up mostly empty. I'm sure there is appeal for role-players but I have no interest in that, personally.

They do need to address the 1-60 leveling experience, I mean Cata is now as old as Vanilla was when Cata updated all of those leveling zones. But they can't base another expansion around updating legacy content, that didn't turn out so well last time, even if it was necessary.

They've got those micro-holidays coming in, which is sort of a solution, I guess, for making older zones briefly relevant again.

v1perz53

They do need to address the 1-60 leveling experience, I mean Cata is now as old as Vanilla was when Cata updated all of those leveling zones. But they can't base another expansion around updating legacy content, that didn't turn out so well last time, even if it was necessary.

They've got those micro-holidays coming in, which is sort of a solution, I guess, for making older zones briefly relevant again.

As someone who just recently played through all questing content from 1-85 (doing loremaster on a new character), the 60-70 and 70-80 areas need a revamp WAY more than 1-60 does. I didn't use heirlooms at all and I hit 60 quite quickly and painlessly, and the 1-60 zones at least have cohesive stories in each zone with fairly understandable quest progression. TBC, on the other hand, is a steaming dumpster that no one should touch the questing content of with a 10 foot pole. Low drop% quest items, quests with less mobs in the whole area than you need to kill, quest items you need to use 10 times with a 20 second CD, run here do a quest run back get a quest for that same area... WotLK is also pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as TBC. 1-60 questing is wonderful in comparison, I think it holds up pretty fine. There's a reason that any time you ask what people's favorite quests are, they almost always pick some of the 1-60 revamp quests, like "the day deathwing came" or "welcome to the machine". The only issue now with questing is that there is too much between lv 1 and max level now. I like the idea someone put through that you choose like 2 expansions and you can get to lv 100 playing through just those.

What they really need to fix is Utgarde Keep giving you crap XP for completing it with LFG.

You hit a wall trying to get to 71 when you're leveling through dungeons.

Lomax

As someone who just recently played through all questing content from 1-85 (doing loremaster on a new character), the 60-70 and 70-80 areas need a revamp WAY more than 1-60 does. I didn't use heirlooms at all and I hit 60 quite quickly and painlessly, and the 1-60 zones at least have cohesive stories in each zone with fairly understandable quest progression. TBC, on the other hand, is a steaming dumpster that no one should touch the questing content of with a 10 foot pole. Low drop% quest items, quests with less mobs in the whole area than you need to kill, quest items you need to use 10 times with a 20 second CD, run here do a quest run back get a quest for that same area... WotLK is also pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as TBC. 1-60 questing is wonderful in comparison, I think it holds up pretty fine. There's a reason that any time you ask what people's favorite quests are, they almost always pick some of the 1-60 revamp quests, like "the day deathwing came" or "welcome to the machine". The only issue now with questing is that there is too much between lv 1 and max level now. I like the idea someone put through that you choose like 2 expansions and you can get to lv 100 playing through just those.

The obvious solution is to allow the level scaling as an option in every zone. That said, 60-70 is terrible but 70-80 isn't too bad since you can fly from the beginning now. One problem I'm noticing though for new players is they don't have enough gold from leveling to buy flying. Honestly any one starting new at this point really should buy a token too.

Nokterian

So priest..i love shadow, fun leveling but how about discipline? Or even Holy as leveling is both possible? I want to know..also i never tried healing in dungeons or anything but i do want to try it.

Tacitus_

So priest..i love shadow, fun leveling but how about discipline? Or even Holy as leveling is both possible? I want to know..also i never tried healing in dungeons or anything but i do want to try it.

Of course it's possible. Questing might take longer but that's about it. I think at the beginning of Legion they were even better than Shadow at leveling.

Shahadan

Pretty efficient as discipline if you're geared and talented the right way to dps (and get a bodyguard, provided you're the right level for that.)
You can't really die unless you're in Suramar city.

Top Bottom