• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Panthers

Having just hit 110 about 1 day before 7.2 came out, been doing well on my progress towards flying. Just finished the Broken Shore diplomat with Wardens taking thr longest, now just need 2000 more rep for Legionfall and I'll be good. Pretty much just been doing those WQ, didn't even know about the caches til recently, and even then I'm already spending alot of time on other parts of the gane that I didn't feel like running around looking for purple treasures lol. Also got that Riddler mount this morning, thing is looking cool.

Also as a Restro shammy healer, what's a good ilvl to try to get into raiding. Wanting to do normals as all I've done so far is LFR, I do gave experience raiding from BC and Cata, though my ilvl is at 881 currently

Nice, didn't know they had lowered it. Still getting 100 WQ done with my artifact as a healing class is taking foreveeeeeer. I'm at like 72, but I've really been slacking on it since I hate having to try and do WQ as a Shammy, all i got is a lightning attack and a shitty fireball

Normal is really easy. Will this be your first raiding experience or just this expansion?

For Emerald Nightmare I would say 850 is safe. You could go lower but with 850 you will do well. Get a raiding guild. Healers are always wanted and I guarantee you they will run you through normal NH for gear/tier if they have it on farm.

Hugstable

Banned
Normal is really easy. Will this be your first raiding experience or just this expansion?

For Emerald Nightmare I would say 850 is safe. You could go lower but with 850 you will do well. Get a raiding guild. Healers are always wanted and I guarantee you they will run you through normal NH for gear/tier if they have it on farm.

Would just be my first this expansion, I raided quite a bit during BC days (as DPS) and as well during Cata (as Holy Pally Helaer). And yeah really need to find myself a raiding guild, but seems so many are either trying to push Mythic (which I know I'm not ready for as I atleast what to prove to myself I can handle both Normal and Heroic) or they are just casual guilds that rarely end up raiding and just seem to be into getting as many members into their guild as they can.

v1perz53

If you've been doing the treasure quest for the goblin lady, it ends up with a new vendor. 2k shards for a treasure key, can contain random stuff. Gives you 1 as an intro. Got some AP, a new pet called Scraps, and like 1k nethershards and order resources from it, as well as a few random weird one off items.

Looks like it also triggers a WQ (daily? weekly? once only?) where you give him 100 shards for another key, and you can buy keys for 2k shards. Basically same as timeless isle gambling with the monkey guy, this won't end well for me.

I bought one key for 2k and used my 2 free ones, I got 3k shards, 869 shards and 300 shards, so you can gamble if you feel like it hah. I think the chests can drop pets and random stuff too. Saw a screenshot of someone getting 10k shards.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm just glad there's something for the people that are maybe 880ish geared already to spend nethershards on. At this point spending 5k on a piece of gear needs both RNG to proc a upgrade and RNG to provide decent stats.

v1perz53

I'm just glad there's something for the people that are maybe 880ish geared already to spend nethershards on. At this point spending 5k on a piece of gear needs both RNG to proc a upgrade and RNG to provide decent stats.

I kinda wish I had LESS things to spend nethershards on hah, still have several pieces below 880, all my relics for all 4 specs below 880, AND I can use them to target legendaries. So many good things to do with them that it is making me actually consider Sentinax farming, which to me is basically the most boring possible thing to do unless I'm in a group of 5 on discord, but my friends refuse to do Sentinax even more than I do hah.

I had a chest that procced 10k shards. I then proceeded to squander this boon on more keys. I now have like 200 shards or something, lol.

At least I got the toy?

Didn't get the pet, apparently it's a pretty good one for battling, so it may be worth quite a bit.

I kinda want to spend shards on trinkets, but I don't have the legendary one yet and I don't really want it, so I might just go for bracers? I dunno. Don't really want to Sentinax farm anymore after last week.

Fjordson

The tokens for 5K nethershards have been absolute shit for me. 5 worthless trinkets with versatility, a ring with versatility and some crappy boots with versatility. They can fuck right off.

This patch is really testing my fucking patience.

v1perz53

Holy shit

azEBlBM.jpg

I don't know how I'll avoid gambling those keys...

E: this isn't me, I found it on reddit, I WISH I got 100k shards...

Magnus

So, I did the class hall upgrade to have one additional active champion, and now I can have 7. wtf.

Was the limit upped to 6 before this at some point? I've been rolling with 5 this whole time...

Shaman story stuff continues to just be "hey these are shamany things, let's see if it makes sense."

So, I did the class hall upgrade to have one additional active champion, and now I can have 7. wtf.

Was the limit upped to 6 before this at some point? I've been rolling with 5 this whole time...

You get +1 from recruiting your new class champion in addition to the +1 research.

Tarazet

The tokens for 5K nethershards have been absolute shit for me. 5 worthless trinkets with versatility, a ring with versatility and some crappy boots with versatility. They can fuck right off.

This patch is really testing my fucking patience.

Gambling relics is still more than worthwhile, I think. As someone who doesn't raid, armor pieces have not been too hard to come by, jewelry is extremely common, but good relics and trinkets are as rare as hen's teeth.

Can't complete the legionfall champion questline because a single mob is bugged out and evading...goddamn this patch is shit.

I encountered this in the invasion of Suramar scenario on my mage. One guard was evading and preventing the next stage from beginning. Sometimes proximity works in breaking the bugged state, it didn't, but I also sheep'd the guard. It instantly broke the cc but also returned to a normal state so I could fight it and move the scenario on.

Lain

On one hand, I love S'theno as my follower. She's cool, has some strong buffs and abilities. On the other hand, I don't like how she keeps popping in and out while I'm going through the world, always repeating her greeting phrases despite being set as bodyguard. Love her voice and all but it gets annoying after a while.

I unlocked flying yesterday, then I realised that there was nothing I wanted to fly to in the Broken Isles.

On the plus side, I've been catching up on my Witcher 3 playthrough, and dabbled in some FFIV due to the recent free trial changes.

Rambaldi

We went from 6/10 H Nighthold to 8/10 last night. I'm so proud.

My little casual guild is doing the Lord's work. Here's hoping Elisande and Gul'dan don't drive us crazy.

Lain

I'm 1150rep away from flying, so in a couple of days, 3 max I should have it.

Got to do a WQ on Broken Shore where I had to cure 5 people and then kill 5 dogs. Seemed like a pretty straightforward quest while I was curing the 5 people, then came the part about killing the (invisible) dogs and it made me wonder how someone could think it up and implement it the way it is: no dog was up that I could see (checking with DH vision is great, I even learned that Dro is like Chuck Norris, he waits... in a single random spot), the repop was kind of slow (the dogs appeared and disappeared when repopping), the points where they repopped were sparse and I had to compete with the ally people hunting for the same 5 dogs. Killing 5 dogs took a while and I can't imagine how annoying this quest could have been if more people were around.

I don't understand why is my character so weak? it's ridiculous. The mobs in Nagrand are way too strong for me. I'm 98 with a 550 ilevel and can barely even kill 1 mob and they come in packs. It's insane how I've felt I've gotten progressively weaker even zone. Shouldn't it be the opposite? I should be getting stronger not weaker. I'm literally getting damn near 1 shot by elites.

Azzurri

Gold Member

Got to do a WQ on Broken Shore where I had to cure 5 people and then kill 5 dogs. Seemed like a pretty straightforward quest while I was curing the 5 people, then came the part about killing the (invisible) dogs and it made me wonder how someone could think it up and implement it the way it is: no dog was up that I could see (checking with DH vision is great, I even learned that Dro is like Chuck Norris, he waits... in a single random spot), the repop was kind of slow (the dogs appeared and disappeared when repopping), the points where they repopped were sparse and I had to compete with the ally people hunting for the same 5 dogs. Killing 5 dogs took a while and I can't imagine how annoying this quest could have been if more people were around.

Yea, I did this one last night. I just threw smoke bombs thinking it made them come out, lol. It seemed to work or I had good RNG.

lazygecko

That awkward situation where you have multiple heroic leap charges in pvp only, and you jump down from a warden pvp tower with 1 charge left expecting it to save you from the fall, but then it's disabled because you are no longer considered pvp-enabled.

Lomax

I don't understand why is my character so weak? it's ridiculous. The mobs in Nagrand are way too strong for me. I'm 98 with a 550 ilevel and can barely even kill 1 mob and they come in packs. It's insane how I've felt I've gotten progressively weaker even zone. Shouldn't it be the opposite? I should be getting stronger not weaker. I'm literally getting damn near 1 shot by elites.

The speed of leveling does tend to lead to a situation where you do get progressively weaker. Nagrand is also essentially a max level zone. I'd suggest going back to somewhere lower, you'll find it a lot easier. That problem is "fixed" in Legion by the scaling mobs.

Question regarding PC specs to run WoW: is a 2500k at 4.1 GHz strong enough to run WoW at high settings (not ultra), 60 fps, 4k? Or at least 1440k? What I mean is, would my processor be a bottleneck assuming I have a strong enough GPU (and, what GPU would that need to be?)

Trying to assess whether I can upgrade my 960 to get 1440 or 4k or if the 2500k would hold me back.

Lain

Got AK29 and I still had the follower mission for the big AP item on my lock, so that is now worth 6,4 millions. I have no follower with 900ilvl, highest is 890, but it gave me a 197% so I still sent them. Now to see if they come back with some juicy AP for me in a day or two.

lazygecko

Question regarding PC specs to run WoW: is a 2500k at 4.1 GHz strong enough to run WoW at high settings (not ultra), 60 fps, 4k? Or at least 1440k? What I mean is, would my processor be a bottleneck assuming I have a strong enough GPU (and, what GPU would that need to be?)

Trying to assess whether I can upgrade my 960 to get 1440 or 4k or if the 2500k would hold me back.

The nature of the MMO scale, along with ancient engine bottlenecks makes 60fps unrealistic in a lot of situations for even very powerful PCs. Getting acceptable performance isn't an issue though.

v1perz53

You're supposed to grab the smoke bombs at the top and roll them down the hill. First char I did this quest on took like 30 seconds between dogs because I didn't know that, second char the dog part was done in like 15 seconds, one roll spawned 5 of them. It seems very buggy though since the smoke can get stuck, and just doesn't work sometimes. Not sure if it spawns them or is supposed to de-stealth them cause I couldn't see them with spectral sight, but they did appear when I rolled the smoke. Grats in advance on flying btw, it is awesome to hit that rep, mount up and be free to fly.

Got AK29 and I still had the follower mission for the big AP item on my lock, so that is now worth 6,4 millions. I have no follower with 900ilvl, highest is 890, but it gave me a 197% so I still sent them. Now to see if they come back with some juicy AP for me in a day or two.

AP from missions isn't generated until you actually complete the mission (at least I can confirm it worked like that in 7.2), so if you really feel like waiting you can leave it competed but not click on it till AK 30 hah. The main mission was worth like 5 million when I sent it, but the bonus was only ~300k so I didn't bother going much higher than 100% with mine so I didn't have a bunch of good champions tied up for so long.

Lain

You're supposed to grab the smoke bombs at the top and roll them down the hill. First char I did this quest on took like 30 seconds between dogs because I didn't know that, second char the dog part was done in like 15 seconds, one roll spawned 5 of them. It seems very buggy though since the smoke can get stuck, and just doesn't work sometimes. Not sure if it spawns them or is supposed to de-stealth them cause I couldn't see them with spectral sight, but they did appear when I rolled the smoke. Grats in advance on flying btw, it is awesome to hit that rep, mount up and be free to fly.

AP from missions isn't generated until you actually complete the mission (at least I can confirm it worked like that in 7.2), so if you really feel like waiting you can leave it competed but not click on it till AK 30 hah. The main mission was worth like 5 million when I sent it, but the bonus was only ~300k so I didn't bother going much higher than 100% with mine so I didn't have a bunch of good champions tied up for so long.

I had the bombs and was using them going up and down the slope, but the dogs wouldn't show up. I could see them spawn (they appeared and disappeared right away) so I'd run there and they would de-stealth and attack. Weird WQ.

v1perz53

Ah good old WoW economy, mats to make 20 flasks: 8,100g. Price of 20 flasks on the AH, 6,000g. You'd have to get some amazing procs to even make that difference up, let alone start making a profit.

A stack of 200 starlight rose was selling for 26k on my server. I made 15 Sta, Int, and Agi flasks for myself and then farmed & sold starlight rose for 3 weeks straight. I still have flasks leftover and I bought a mess of rare mounts and pets with the profits!

Unfortunately, the market crashed thanks to one idiot who put 20 stacks on the AH at once for 9k each. He did it right after I made a huge purchase too, so I went from riches to rags and cannot seem to crawl out of my hole, lol. I'll just bank my starlight rose until they're worth at least 20k again. I want more mounts!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Unfortunately, the market crashed thanks to one idiot who put 20 stacks on the AH at once for 9k each. He did it right after I made a huge purchase too, so I went from riches to rags and cannot seem to crawl out of my hole, lol. I'll just bank my starlight rose until they're worth at least 20k again. I want more mounts!

I'm not intimately familiar with herb prices in general this xpac (only have one Herb/alch alt off my main server), but I'd imagine with more and more people unlocking flying, prices are going to find a relatively lower new 'average' price within the next week or two.

Ah good old WoW economy, mats to make 20 flasks: 8,100g. Price of 20 flasks on the AH, 6,000g. You'd have to get some amazing procs to even make that difference up, let alone start making a profit.

The herbalists are just proactively charging you for any skill-ups you might get!

erawsd

Decided to dip back in for 7.2 and after a couple of short quest lines + a run of Cathedral... I guess I've seen everything that is currently available? Raid not out yet. Class mounts not out yet. Cant even check out Assaults or Pvp Brawls because they are only active during specific times. I'm just suppose to be grinding rep. Grinding shards. Grinding AP. Grinding war supplies. Grinding Missions. Hmm. : |

Jag

Goblin Glider market is starting to come down a bit with flying. When 7.2 launched, I was making insane cash for gliders at 125-150g for 5 which cost about 2g to make. Lost track how many thousands and thousands of gold I made on it since I was the only one selling in bulk.

Water walking and water breathing are still doing ok and I have a full bank toon with fish from the garrison fishing raids at the end of WoD.

v1perz53

Yeah, basically. Cost of the mats is always what your time is worth.

But... you could've sold the mats you farmed, bought the pre-made flasks on AH and came out ahead? The point was that crafting your own flasks is always pointless unless you have some crazy kind of luck on my server, however you get the mats, whether farming them buying them or trading bloods for them. Would have to proc 7 free flasks for every 20 you make to break even, proc 8 per 20 for a 300g profit etc.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just completed the Beast Mastery Tower Challenge, it was very easy compared to the Frost Mage one which I completed last time.

Tarazet

But I farmed the herbs myself, that makes them free!

I got sick of not having 3-star Darkmoon Cards. So with my 2-star I just bought as many stacks as I could of Dreamleaf, mass milled them all, busted open all the Nightmare Pods for sallow pigments, and filled my inventory with Darkmoon Cards. After blowing over 600 Blood of Sargeras that way I couldn't even make one fucking trinket.

Top Bottom