• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Man why does the new follower start at 850 ilvl and like no gear slots unlocked? C'mon, you just had me to a big quest for them, at least open them at epic level so they'd be inline with my other followers.

rofl you cannot be serious. I swear they decided to make every bad decision they could

v1perz53

Man why does the new follower start at 850 ilvl and like no gear slots unlocked? C'mon, you just had me to a big quest for them, at least open them at epic level so they'd be inline with my other followers.

Let us just give thanks that they at least started them at 850, unlike meatball who starts at what, 760? Couldn't have hurt to give us at least one equipment slot though... Guess it doesn't really matter since I can just put her with Meatball and 200% any mission anyway.

Also man I didn't care about how long flying took me to unlock until I got so closeeee... Just ~1000 rep away, and trying my hardest not to spend the day farming chests to make sure I get it tomorrow...

Robin64

Paladins and mages can actually recruit two new followers today. How joyous for me, my main is a paladin and my single 110 alt is a mage. :D

Jag

Just ~1000 rep away, and trying my hardest not to spend the day farming chests to make sure I get it tomorrow...

Flying really helps with getting chests!

Having a blast with my Druid. Just got her to 110 still in 700 WoD gear. A few invasions and Broken Shore stuff and she's mostly geared in 850s now. Love catch up gear.

Forgot how sneaky fun flying with the bird is.

v1perz53

The amount of rep, resources and content per day feels more appropriate now with the class specific world quests on the broken shores. Wouldn't seem like it would add THAT much since its only two WQs (so far), but that pushes it to just around 200 resources per day, or 2 turnins which feels better. I hope these are daily and not weekly or something dumb, but we all know what's happened so far when we assume things...

The 870 upgrade tokens are a bit out of place though, 2 weeks in and I only had one piece below 870 on my alt and I don't do anything on it but world content, no dungeons no raids not even LFR. Guess its better than the 860 it was going to be.

Lomax

Can I turn gold into B.net currency without having an active WoW subscription?

No, you can't. You can try messaging a gm and asking for a couple days active subscription to do it, that's worked for a few people I know. Or just burn one month's gold to activate the account sub.

Corpekata

Banned
What's this about? Literally WQs that only a certain class sees? Are they themed around the class?

Yes, at least the one I did. They offer an item that upgrades a class order item to 870.

For druids there were a bunch of druid NPCs helping out and Goldrinn, for instance.

Fjordson

The amount of rep, resources and content per day feels more appropriate now with the class specific world quests on the broken shores. Wouldn't seem like it would add THAT much since its only two WQs (so far), but that pushes it to just around 200 resources per day, or 2 turnins which feels better. I hope these are daily and not weekly or something dumb, but we all know what's happened so far when we assume things....
Ooh, this is good news.

M.D

No, you can't. You can try messaging a gm and asking for a couple days active subscription to do it, that's worked for a few people I know. Or just burn one month's gold to activate the account sub.

Well, that sucks.
Sent a ticket, hopefully they can help me.

v1perz53

What's this about? Literally WQs that only a certain class sees? Are they themed around the class?

They start showing up after you get your follower. They seem to be roughly class themed, but not class specific it appears. There is some variance based on class though since I saw different ones on my pally and druid. One was elite and awarded an 870 upgrade token for the order set, can't remember what the other awarded. Both gave 25 resources. Just a bit of extra stuff, but that slight bit more felt a lot better.

Also, damn invasions keep rolling non-AP rewards! I guess after the highmountain invasion that awarded like 8 million AP for the whole thing was too good to last. Got 2500 nethershards from this invasion though, can't complain.

Robin64

I have my follower but oddly am not seeing a single class world quest. Ah well, probably just need to be patient, but I expected there'd be at least one up when I got the requirement done.

Fjordson

I have my follower but oddly am not seeing a single class world quest. Ah well, probably just need to be patient, but I expected there'd be at least one up when I got the requirement done.
Watch it be like invasions lmao. Sorry, you missed today's spawn for that quest. Better luck next time.

v1perz53

Mine popped up as soon as I turned in the 1500 rep quest to that warden at dominance point and I got the achievement "champions of legionfall". As soon as I turned that in there were 2 on the map.

Anyway, I'm trying to use the "spec specific legendary bad luck protetion" to cheese at least one BiS legendary for my offspecs, but I wonder how it actually works. Did it "save up" my bad luck protection from before patch and set all specs to that, or did it just erase my bad luck. Before patch, I did a lot of content on my druid as resto, plenty of raids dungeons etc with loot spec set to restoration, but I never got a resto legendary (both were balance specific). I've been buying the 5k nether shard tokens to try to target the one I want, and I've opened 14 so far but no dice. Would've thought a toon with 0 legendaries and some bad luck built up would get it a bit quicker. Eh, random is random, just gonna keep trying. Though I'm sure with how my luck works I'll get a non-spec specific legendary for boomkin first which will erase my resto bad luck protection.

Dugna

Anybody that's a paladin try getting maximillian yet? I completed the quest chain in ungoro during cata so I know I have that done... yet I never got the mail from him.

Robin64

Yeah, I relogged and everything, still nothing on the map for me today. Ah well.

Also, according to wowhead etc, I was supposed to recieve a letter to get a second paladin follower but didn't. I've met all the requirements. I wonder if that's time-gated on live too.

Edit: Hah, just as I post, someone else does too. Glad it's not just me.

Fjordson

It's very possible, they did say "rare" world quests are a thing now.

NOm3_f-maxage-0.gif

Wow I didn't notice that when you get the new follower your cap is bumped to 6 and the upgrade bumps it to 7. Im not sure if I want 7 followers over the third tier unit.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wow I didn't notice that when you get the new follower your cap is bumped to 6 and the upgrade bumps it to 7. Im not sure if I want 7 followers over the third tier unit.

Fuck, you just made me realize I can't queue up the next upgrade cus last night I changed one of my Class Hall upgrades. Now I gotta wait 17 more hours.

The Council's Wisdom buff for Ebonchill basically equals one free World Quests' worth of Legionfall rep on the weekly. It's not much but I'll take it. Off to find out how much standard WQ's provide.

Edit: 79. So basically every 19 WQ's I get a free one if I use The Council's Wisdom every time I go to the Broken Shore. So roughly every 4 days it's one free WQ's worth of Legionfall reputation. Basically works out to 150-ish free rep each week.

v1perz53

I took the 7 followers since I have Moroes and Meatball, so I can have all counters covered and still use both. I think most guides say 7 is also optimal if you use a combat follower but don't have Moroes (so Meatball + 5 + combat) in terms of counters. If you don't use a combat and don't have Moroes, you can go for the troop.

At least, that was the general gist I was reading when I was deciding. I'd go with 7 either way though since I hate having deactivated followers and I hate sending missions with missing counters hah.

cdyhybrid

Talk about no-life dedication.

Eh I think it's cool. It's nice to see something that's basically a complete mystery, a break from the usual bear ass collecting and stuff. But I'm also a lore junkie so this is right up my alley.

Edit: So I complete the scenario in my class hall for the new Broken Shore weekly, but when I'm removed from the instance I don't get credit. So I zone out and zone back in and get put back in the instance. Kill a mob and get credit for finishing, but I have no portals out of the class hall now since I'm in the scenario. GG

Azzurri

Gold Member
What's the fastest way to get legionfall rep? Doing the WQs

BTW, the DK champion quest is fucking Hilarious. There are 100's of people running around trying to get the harness and raise those things, but people keep killing the dragon and not getting the harness. I was lucky and it took me 10min to get eveything.

I'm happy to have my favorite murder druid Thisalee back, but not a huge fan of the voice actor.

Mine popped up as soon as I turned in the 1500 rep quest to that warden at dominance point and I got the achievement "champions of legionfall". As soon as I turned that in there were 2 on the map.

Anyway, I'm trying to use the "spec specific legendary bad luck protetion" to cheese at least one BiS legendary for my offspecs, but I wonder how it actually works. Did it "save up" my bad luck protection from before patch and set all specs to that, or did it just erase my bad luck. Before patch, I did a lot of content on my druid as resto, plenty of raids dungeons etc with loot spec set to restoration, but I never got a resto legendary (both were balance specific). I've been buying the 5k nether shard tokens to try to target the one I want, and I've opened 14 so far but no dice. Would've thought a toon with 0 legendaries and some bad luck built up would get it a bit quicker. Eh, random is random, just gonna keep trying. Though I'm sure with how my luck works I'll get a non-spec specific legendary for boomkin first which will erase my resto bad luck protection.

I don't think it works that way. Or at least, I really doubt anything spec specific was able to be built up prior to the patch.

My assumption is you have your normal legendary BLP, and if you're in an eligible loot spec that is just treated as a separate thing until that loot spec is no longer eligible. In theory, getting a generic while in that loot spec wouldn't affect your normal legendary BLP, but I dunno.

Anecdotally, the legs come fast in an eligible spec. How that actually affects your main roll, I have no idea. I'm trying to bait out generic legs on my druid to give my main roll a better chance at Luffa, but who knows.

edit: I also wouldn't be surprised if Nethershard items don't have the best leg chances. The ones I've seen come pretty quickly have been from emmi or Broken Shore bags, but that means nothing really.

v1perz53

I don't think it works that way. Or at least, I really doubt anything spec specific was able to be built up prior to the patch.

My assumption is you have your normal legendary BLP, and if you're in an eligible loot spec that is just treated as a separate thing until that loot spec is no longer eligible. In theory, getting a generic while in that loot spec wouldn't affect your normal legendary BLP, but I dunno.

Anecdotally, the legs come fast in an eligible spec. How that actually affects your main roll, I have no idea. I'm trying to bait out generic legs on my druid to give my main roll a better chance at Luffa, but who knows.

edit: I also wouldn't be surprised if Nethershard items don't have the best leg chances. The ones I've seen come pretty quickly have been from emmi or Broken Shore bags, but that means nothing really.

I'm not sure, but they did definitively say that in terms of drop chance generic legendaries count as legendaries for all specs. In that when you have 0 or 1 legendary, there is a much higher drop chance, so say on a druid you have 2 spec specific resto, balance and feral legendaries, Guardian would have the higher drop chance as though you have none, but if you have a Prydaz and Sephuz and nothing else, all your specs count as 2 legendary and go to the much lower chance of 3+ legendary drop chance. Not sure how this applies to bad luck though, it is all very confusing, and not sure why they would go out of their way to describe the situation with generic legendaries in detail when according to them anything past 2 has the same drop chance anyway.

For me, I'm also trying for bracers (for resto), but I have no generic legendaries, so my Resto has the 0 legendary drop chance, and I'm trying to keep it that way by avoiding generic legendaries, and only opening Wrist items in Resto spec. Not building as much bad luck protection, but I have the 0 legendary chance. Hard to tell if that is the better or worse option, though unless I get a generic on another spec, it guarantees my first will be the one I want.

v1perz53

I just rewatched the interview with Ion, and the only thing that seemed conclusive is that if you have 0 legendaries for a spec (either specific or generic, anything on the loot page for that spec when you open adventure journal), your drop chance is as though you have 0. From the followup forum post, it sounds like you open your adventure journal, go to the legendaries tab, and count how many you have on the page for the spec you're checking for (generic plus specific) and that is how many the system considers you have in terms of drop chance. Again, they said before that 0 or 1 is increased drop chance, but anything over 2 is the same chance so this doesn't sound like it really matters past the 0 or 1 legendary situation.

He also said "we are making the way bad luck protection and legendary drop chance works much more spec specific" but I can't find any details expanding on that in terms of bad luck, so who knows what changes they actually made. Only info that seems concrete is what I posted above.

I'm not sure, but they did definitively say that in terms of drop chance generic legendaries count as legendaries for all specs. In that when you have 0 or 1 legendary, there is a much higher drop chance, so say on a druid you have 2 spec specific resto, balance and feral legendaries, Guardian would have the higher drop chance as though you have none, but if you have a Prydaz and Sephuz and nothing else, all your specs count as 2 legendary and go to the much lower chance of 3+ legendary drop chance. Not sure how this applies to bad luck though, it is all very confusing, and not sure why they would go out of their way to describe the situation with generic legendaries in detail when according to them anything past 2 has the same drop chance anyway.

For me, I'm also trying for bracers (for resto), but I have no generic legendaries, so my Resto has the 0 legendary drop chance, and I'm trying to keep it that way by avoiding generic legendaries, and only opening Wrist items in Resto spec. Not building as much bad luck protection, but I have the 0 legendary chance. Hard to tell if that is the better or worse option, though unless I get a generic on another spec, it guarantees my first will be the one I want.

Yeah, I understand how generic legendaries count, I just don't think spec-specific BLP or drop chances exist once you have two appropriate items (including generics, obviously). I think if it did, they would have expanded on that point at some point, but as is it's only come up alongside the 0-1 system. The whole idea was just to quickly acquire "appropriate" legendaries if you play multiple specs or are switching specs rather than overhauling the entire legendary system, at least to my knowledge (Lore's silly forum posts were along those lines). Who knows though.

I'm sure they will clarify how it works right when they are about to change it, though.

Your route seems like the safest if all you care about is that one item, but I can't imagine it will be very time or effort efficient. I wouldn't sweat looting one generic legendary though since the chance for No. 2 is very similar to No. 1, and this method sort of assumes you're in it for the long haul anyway. I thought about doing that for the Balance shoulders as they would be useful for both Balance and bear. But I ended up looting Ekowraith for Balance, which at least removes that from my pool. Resto is my last spec with less than 2 appropriate legendaries, so I should get one pretty quickly as long as keep playing.

Top Bottom