• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Lain

What's the point with the bop blue ilvl800 weapon drops from the end bosses of the invasion scenarios? I'd understand if they were boe but bop? Then again, even as boe it'd be weird because who'd need ilvl800 weapons even for alts.

Tarazet

Probably a coincidence but I spammed nethershard rings, and then got the BiS ring I needed as a drop from Trilliax as my next legendary.

:D

It might not be coincidence. I don't care to endlessly farm the Sentinax, but I bought a Relinquished Belt on my Warlock. Not even 10 minutes later, he killed a rare elite on the Broken Shore and the Feretory of Souls dropped.

Robin64

Oooh yeah!

mmoc said:
Patch 7.2.5 PTR - Build 23910
Patch 7.2.5 might be on the way to the PTR soon.

The data for this build was a little different, so keep in mind this is only a partial list of changes. These may just be things being tested or abandoned ideas.

Timewalking Raid - Black Temple
Pet Battle Dungeons - Gnomeregan and Deadmines
New Holidays
Trial of Style - Several players enter a scenario, use the barber's chair to change their outfit to match a theem, and vote for the best. New Mog Coin currency.
Auction House Dance Studio - The long awaited Dance Studio is finally here
Moonkin Festival - Moonkin in Moonglade. Go visit.
Magni wants us to meet him in Sholazar Basin for an urgent message!
Several places refer to this as 7.2.5 Prelaunch - Magni Scenario and Azeroth's Warning Scenario.
Chromie needs our help in The Deaths of Chromie scenario.
Cheese puns - He'll plunder your provolone, turn your ship to swiss, then get your gouda. He's a true muenster and the scourge of the seven bries.

Dark Link

Rather excited for the Outlaw and Subtlety changes.
At least for me, the two specs have kind of become "gimmicky" specs. Sub is my go to M+ and World Quest spec, where as Outlaw is purely used for Timewalking shenanigans.

cdyhybrid

Another key focus for this patch is on class design, particularly for a few specs that need some extra attention. We’re likely to end up making adjustments for many specs to some degree, but we’re currently looking primarily at:
Destruction Warlocks
Outlaw and Subtlety Rogues
Brewmaster and Mistweaver Monks
Havoc Demon Hunters
Guardian Druids

:|

Sölf

My first thought, really.

I'll believe that dance studio exists when I see it. It's been 9 years and 8 months since it was promised. Quite some time had passed.

Just wait for it, being released 10 years after announcement! What a anniversary!

Also, I like what I see. TW Raids could be interesting, depending on how they are tuned. They definitly will not be tooo hard (maybe MC hard) but still something nice to do.

Lomax

Honestly, that reads like a belated april fools.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Sölf;233786569 said:
Just wait for it, being released 10 years after announcement! What a anniversary!

Also, I like what I see. TW Raids could be interesting, depending on how they are tuned. They definitly will not be tooo hard (maybe MC hard) but still something nice to do.

My memory says that BT had some nasty mechanics fights (Relequary and Sharaz especially) but the reality is probably that the difficulty was more a matter of tuning and we've been doing stuff that complex in dungeons ever since then.

lazygecko

Not sure how they will work, but I would personally like to see some alternative reward system for timewalking raids, rather than getting some mediocre ilvl gear. I think it's a good opportunity to implement all those unused color variants of old tier sets. We know they exist thanks to datamining.

I was so jelly when I saw that dwarf with the yellow/lime judgement set during one of the paladin order quests. Would be awesome if you could earn it for transmog via timewalking BWL.

just started on the legion fall rep. Fuck, this is going to take forever. Anyone have any specific tips for grinding it out as quick as possible?

Lomax

The really funny thing about the Legionfall rep is that once the full quest chain is unlocked, getting revered will but a simple couple of hours of doing the whole chain, and that will be it. Honestly, I wish they would have made that the requirement instead, then we'd all know when flying was hitting and wouldn't be stressing about it.

Azzurri

Gold Member
just started on the legion fall rep. Fuck, this is going to take forever. Anyone have any specific tips for grinding it out as quick as possible?

I'm in the same boat too. From what I've read and watched on the YT. You basically do all the Broken Shore WQ a day, find treasure chest and kill elites on the Broken Shore.

carlsojo

Two weeks to hit revered really isn't that bad. I didn't even do the Darkmoon buff or whatever.

If you just started today vs. two weeks ago then you get the invasion quest and the new champion quest which is an extra 3k right there.

Godan

Think i am about 5k into honored for the legionfall rep and i have not even tried to farm for it. Not in a real big hurry to get flying and think I will have it within the next two weeks maybe even sooner.

Lain

Saw a blue ! elite WQ on the shores and I thought I'd get 150 or 250 rep from it, but it gave me only 75. That's too bad.

Fjordson

Nope. Welcome to time-gate hell.

Do world quests whenever they pop up. Turn in the dumb supplies to build the dumb buildings whenever you can.

cdyhybrid

Don't get me wrong I want to keep up with them, just haven't had the time and proritizing legionfall rep.
Yeah I feel you. Got flying last night so I'm probably going to really try and finish up my 100 dungeons hidden appearance this week. I'm at ~80 right now.

Robin64

I feel like I've done something wrong because still not a single class World Quest despite getting the new follower about 24 hours ago now.

v1perz53

I see a lot of people excited about Black Temple timewalking but man am I not at all excited for that. It'll either be like the MC event was, a huge slog to get through, or it'll be tuned to be super easy and be another LFR wing. I can't really see how timewalking raids can turn out good, I'm very concerned about it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

v1perz53

Nice timing with the Kirin Tor emissary, guarantees I will get flying tomorrow! Could probably get it today if I went a little crazy farming, but I'd rather not search all over for stupid caches.

In worse news, I got Cinidaria as my first "Guardian" legendary on yet another druid. I really hate this thing, wish the buff making it work until 85% had gone live, 90% is too short of a window for someone who primarily does M+, generally a single GCD or two. At least I can cheese Odyn in HoV on yet another toon...

Jag

New quest opened up the key goblin chest room, like the one on the TI. I thought I was swimming in Nethershards until that room got done with me. Time to farm some back.

I see barrel's marking got changed again. Now the marks go away after you pick the barrel.

I was still able to mark one with skull and it stayed.

Lomax

Would be nice if BT timewalking has both an LFR mode and a group mode that's still got a lot of the mechanics intact, because otherwise it's going to either be a nightmare to queue for or so simple there's no good reason for it to exist.

cdyhybrid

Nice timing with the Kirin Tor emissary, guarantees I will get flying tomorrow! Could probably get it today if I went a little crazy farming, but I'd rather not search all over for stupid caches.

In worse news, I got Cinidaria as my first "Guardian" legendary on yet another druid. I really hate this thing, wish the buff making it work until 85% had gone live, 90% is too short of a window for someone who primarily does M+, generally a single GCD or two. At least I can cheese Odyn in HoV on yet another toon...

Give it to me

They just made that 30, so if you log in you should get it.
Are you fucking shitting me? I ran all those Heroics for nothing other than AP? *pukes*

Hugstable

Banned
Having just hit 110 about 1 day before 7.2 came out, been doing well on my progress towards flying. Just finished the Broken Shore diplomat with Wardens taking thr longest, now just need 2000 more rep for Legionfall and I'll be good. Pretty much just been doing those WQ, didn't even know about the caches til recently, and even then I'm already spending alot of time on other parts of the gane that I didn't feel like running around looking for purple treasures lol. Also got that Riddler mount this morning, thing is looking cool.

Also as a Restro shammy healer, what's a good ilvl to try to get into raiding. Wanting to do normals as all I've done so far is LFR, I do gave experience raiding from BC and Cata, though my ilvl is at 881 currently

They just made that 30, so if you log in you should get it.

Nice, didn't know they had lowered it. Still getting 100 WQ done with my artifact as a healing class is taking foreveeeeeer. I'm at like 72, but I've really been slacking on it since I hate having to try and do WQ as a Shammy, all i got is a lightning attack and a shitty fireball

Corpekata

Banned
If you've been doing the treasure quest for the goblin lady, it ends up with a new vendor. 2k shards for a treasure key, can contain random stuff. Gives you 1 as an intro. Got some AP, a new pet called Scraps, and like 1k nethershards and order resources from it, as well as a few random weird one off items.

Corpekata

Banned
Having just hit 110 about 1 day before 7.2 came out, been doing well on my progress towards flying. Just finished the Broken Shore diplomat with Wardens taking thr longest, now just need 2000 more rep for Legionfall and I'll be good. Pretty much just been doing those WQ, didn't even know about the caches til recently, and even then I'm already spending alot of time on other parts of the gane that I didn't feel like running around looking for purple treasures lol. Also got that Riddler mount this morning, thing is looking cool.

Also as a Restro shammy healer, what's a good ilvl to try to get into raiding. Wanting to do normals as all I've done so far is LFR, I do gave experience raiding from BC and Cata, though my ilvl is at 881 currently

Nice, didn't know they had lowered it. Still getting 100 WQ done with my artifact as a healing class is taking foreveeeeeer. I'm at like 72, but I've really been slacking on it since I hate having to try and do WQ as a Shammy, all i got is a lightning attack and a shitty fireball

881 is more than fine to start raiding. Normal nighthold drops 875 gear. In my experience within 15 ilvls of the raid's gear is good enough provided it's not a group looking to cheese the shit out of things.

Top Bottom