• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
He hinted towards an upcoming episode which might be about the fall of the Titans, Sargeras betrayal and Aggramar's desperate plight to reason with his former friend and mentor.

This three parter is also one of my favorites. It follows the ancient age of Azeroth, the arrival of the Old Gods and the later Titans who created the Titanforged to subdue and imprison the Old Gods from destroying our World Soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qzrM5_5mc

Fist thing i did was go back to the channels first videos and its those Black Empire ones. The quality of The Lost Codex videos is incredible from even the very first entry. Right now im just making my way through them all.

Gorger

Fist thing i did was go back to the channels first videos and its those Black Empire ones. The quality of The Lost Codex videos is incredible from even the very first entry. Right now im just making my way through them all.

I am glad you like em. It's best to follow them chronologically. After the Black Empire there will be another three parter sequel that follows the aftermath and the forging of Azeroth into what we knows it today. Then one about the history of the Night Elves and the War of the Ancient. There is also some standalones like one about the history of the tomb of Sargeras.

uyIB1fB.jpg

Like a glove.

peter0611

The Lost Codex is one of my favorite channels when it comes to WoW lore. It's just really well done aesthetically, and he manages to bring out a lot of interesting information in a very short time that is easy to follow and understand even if you're not a huge lore buff.

Here is a new one on the Origins of the Cosmos which seems relevant with The Void becoming a more and more apparent factor to the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8gbJV8yXJg

Thanks for sharing. It was a great way to spend my lunch break and it reminded of how much I enjoyed raiding in Ulduar during WotLK.

Gorger

Ulduar: multiple difficulties done right.

I can only imagine how great Ulduar was, but alas I never got to try it legit back in the day because I skipped Wrath all together. But by going back and experiencing the instance high geared just imagining how it was I think it's my favorite raid in the game. Just the lore, the variety, the bosses , the optional difficulty, the level design. I love everything about it.

Ulduar is pretty much perfect. Shame that they couldn't continue on with that style of hard mode, but if you look at it practically, it wouldn't have been feasible to develop and/or the schtick would've gotten old over the lengthy lifespan of an MMO.

Taking that design theory and applying it elsewhere in a more finite experience would be pretty cool though.

But yeah, probably the best overall raid in the game IMO.

Finaj

Even the people who were around to play Ulduar didn't experience it for as long as they should have (at least as the highest form of raid profgression). Ulduar was only out for 4 months before the Grand Tournament raid came out. This also caused the year of ICC.

daedalius

I can only imagine how great Ulduar was, but alas I never got to try it legit back in the day because I skipped Wrath all together. But by going back and experiencing the instance high geared just imagining how it was I think it's my favorite raid in the game. Just the lore, the variety, the bosses , the optional difficulty, the level design. I love everything about it.

It was amazing. I still vaguely remember going there on the first day it opened for 25man on my enchantment shaman. I think we got past the first few bosses.

Even the people who were around to play Ulduar didn't experience it for as long as they should have (at least as the highest form of raid profgression). Ulduar was only out for 4 months before the Grand Tournament raid came out. This also caused the year of ICC.

What a mess that was. Turned me off Lich King until ICC hit.

Finaj

I wish they made another way to get those Challenge mode weapons from WoD. They all look great but they were available for such a short amount of time.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
He hinted towards an upcoming episode which might be about the fall of the Titans, Sargeras betrayal and Aggramar's desperate plight to reason with his former friend and mentor.

This three parter is also one of my favorites. It follows the ancient age of Azeroth, the arrival of the Old Gods and the later Titans who created the Titanforged to subdue and imprison the Old Gods from destroying our World Soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qzrM5_5mc

The quality of the video is really quite amazing in its production value. Although the presentation and voice over in that video is a bit too dramatic for me to enjoy as a facts-based informational video. Need something with a little more explanation ala CGP Grey

Tarazet

Greater Invasion boss dropped Prydaz, a 930, and a 935 on bonus roll. That and buying a relinquished item, took me from 903 to 917 in the snap of a finger.

TheYanger

I think this is a big part of why so many people hold Ulduar so dear. Don't get me wrong, it's an AWESOME raid, but it also didn't wear out its welcome at all. Think of everyone's list of 'worst raid ever' kind of experiences and it's almost all the shit that we were stuck with for a year of farm, regardless of whether the quality was there or not.

HFC was a pretty damn fun zone, for instance, but it's not looked back on fondly by most, ditto Siege of Orgrimmar, ditto Dragon Soul (I will accept conversation that includes dragon soul in a 'bad raids' conversation, but not because it was a year long). I think Ulduar definitely had some misses as bosses, but the difficulty was very well balanced overall and MOST of the bosses were quite memorable. Very good zone.

The fact that only the absolute highest end raiders even got to finish the zone before it was rendered near obsolete only adds to its allure.

I swear, the majority of unsullied gear that drops for me, regardless of what character I'm playing, is mail. Only two classes wear it, but it drops so much!

Honestly Taurens should be Alliance, they're far too nice for the Horde.

Alliance has Werewolves so we don't have a problem with you furry animals.

The horde can take Gnomes.

KLoWn

Just started playing through the new patch (new to me at least), and goddamn, the skybox on Argus is disgustingly awesome. And then I arrived at Mac' Aree and it became even cooler lol.

Well done Blizz, well done.

Savitar

Having a blast on my forsaken from ye ol vanilla days, of course a rogue as was the style at the time. Having the Legionnaire title seems apt.

Now that we are all in agreement that tauren are the best, it sucks that there are no bovine bodyguards in the game, unless I'm missing something. Blizzard doesn't know the first thing about spreading the love.

Top Bottom