• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worldwide Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded |OT|- Hijacking the JP OT so Bebpo won't be alone!

Bebpo

Banned
wp011024x768_2.jpg

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Developer: SE + H.A.N.D.
Platform: DS
Genre: virtual arpg
Release Dates: 10/7/10 JPN, 1/11/11 US, 1/14/11 EU

[Interview conducted between Random Game Fan ["Q"] and Nomura-Bot ["A"] prior to the creation of this thread]

Q: Didn't Birth by Sleep just come out!?!?
A: Yes.

Q: And isn't BBS Final Mix set to come out in January?

Q: Uh, so KH is the new Tales?

Q: So does that mean SE will keep making kickass KH games that they sit on and never release in the west and then cock-block anyone else from bringing them over?
A: No, Nomura doesn't hate you. All Praise Nomura.

Q: Why isn't this for consoles? It's been a while since KH2 and I don't play handhelds.
A: Because it's not KH3

Q: Nomura sucks for not making KH3 by now.
A: That's not a question. Nomura-bot is not pleased.

Q: ...
A: ...

Q: does Nomura suck for not making KH3 by now?
A: No, go play BBS, it's awesome. All Praise Nomura.

Q: I thought I'd heard of this game a while back. Didn't it come out already?
A: That was KH Coded for Japanese phones

Q: Did they ever bring that to non-Japanese phones?
A: No, then you wouldn't have the privilege of paying $40 for it on DS

coded01.jpg

[Coded pictured above as reference]

Q: Why the "Re"?
A: Because like Re:CoM, which was a complete remake of Chain of Memories in 3d, Re:coded is a complete remake of Coded.

Q: Ok, that sounds good. What's new?
A: New story scenes, including a new secret ending that leads into KH 3DS...

Q: Oh man, 3DS, I totally forgot about that. 3DS is so awesome. Re:Coded should've been on 3DS. Every game should be on 3DS!
A: Wrong thread. Ban Incoming.

Q: But KH3DS is KH3, right? I mean it has a "3" in it! I'm so clever :D
A: A) No it's not B) Wrong thread and C)You are clever in the sense that your account-suicide attempt is subtle and reserved.

Q: huh
A: ....

Q: ...well let's talk about the story
A: Sure. The plot of Re:coded is that you are playing as a virtual Sora

Q: Oh, awesome. It's been a while since I've played as Sora. He's such a cool guy. Wait, virtual?!?! What does that even mean?
A: It means you're really playing as Mickey.

Q: Wow, even better! The whole time I've been playing KH I kept thinking to myself how awesome it would be to play a KH game as Mickey and run around beating dudes up!
A: Actually you don't control Mickey.

A: You control Mickey controlling Virtual Sora through the Matrix.

mickey02.jpg
header_kingdom_hearts_recoded.jpg
matrix2.jpg

[pictured above for reference: Mickey, Sora, and The Matrix]

Q: You're kidding me?

A: No.

Q: Who writes this [censored]?!

A: The same person who makes titles such as "358/2 days", "Birth by Sleep" and "Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy". All Praise Nomura.

Q: Oh...right. Well, then what can you tell me about the battle system?

A: Re:coded uses the most advanced version of the KH combat engine that was featured in BBS, along with new and improved features.

Q: Sweet. So it should be the most fun KH combat yet?

A: There is a strong possibility that will true.

Q: Well, what else can you tell me about the game. What new Disney worlds are there?
A: None.

Q: None?
A: Yes, like Chain of Memories and 358/2 days, the game is about visiting the worlds previously explored by Sora in KH1/2

Q: And what do you do there?

A: Fight stuff. Play new KH gameplay experiences. Have fun.

Q: New gameplay experiences?
A: Yes, Re:coded is full of gameplay variety. Each world features unique gameplay systems such as traditional turn-based battles or 2d platforming sections.

gamkingdomheartsturnbased530222.jpg
mard1ingame.png

[Re:Coded turn-based battle system is featured in above screens. For comparative reference is an example of a traditional turn-based battle system]

Q: Ok, that sounds pretty cool. I guess I can live with no new worlds. So how does this all advance the KH storyline?
A: Mickey is looking for something in the matrix and later writes a letter to Sora. The same letter than Sora receives at the end of KH2. This game explains what Mickey found out and how he came to write that letter.

Q: So Re:coded takes place after KH2?

Q: And that's why it leads into KH 3DS?
A: Exactly. Look at how informed a KH fan you are now.

Q: Ok, well thanks for the information Nomura-bot. I'll be looking forward to paying my Square Enix tax for this when it comes to America next year.
A: You are welcome. All praise Nomura.

lV84j3dM6ZC9Au7S5hvt9O93z53z1ML8.jpg

[Highly doctored screenshot from Re:coded]

kingdom-hearts-recoded-dated-in-japan-20100720092932421_640w.jpg

[Badly captured actual screenshot from Re:coded]

Peff

It's Lord Nomura-Sama-Bot™, mind you. Other than that, I'm not sure whether or not to import yet... this'll probably be released early 2011 and there's a lot of stuff coming right now. Decisions, decisions. Really looking forward to it, though, the amount of content and the gameplay systems (it even borrows some stuff from TWEWY!) sound amazing.

GWX

Great OP :lol

A shame that there aren't any new worlds, but if it actually has the best combat system in the franchise, I'm interested.

Q: ...well let's talk about the story
A: Sure. The plot of Re:coded is that you are playing as a virtual Sora

Q: Oh, awesome. It's been a while since I've played as Sora. He's such a cool guy. Wait, virtual?!?! What does that even mean?
A: It means you're really playing as Mickey.

Q: Wow, even better! The whole time I've been playing KH I kept thinking to myself how awesome it would be to play a KH game as Mickey and run around beating dudes up!
A: Actually you don't control Mickey.

A: You control Mickey controlling Virtual Sora through the Matrix.

Q: You're kidding me?
A: No.

psyduck.gif

Bebpo said:

Q: Who writes this [censored]?!

A: The same person who makes titles such as "358/2 days", "Birth by Sleep" and "Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy". All Praise Nomura.

:lol This made me laugh.

Anyway, I missed 358/2 days but I may pick up Re:Coded.

If Nomura really liked his fans, we would be getting new worlds like in BBS.
I know it's a remake of an old game but.... Damn!

I, for one, welcome our new Lord Nomura-sama overlord.

Will buy once it comes out in English, but I"ll be interested in reading the impressions from folks who play the Japanese version.

shuyin_

Banned
Will wait for US/EU release. Also, it's nice to finally find out what's the deal with the letter @the end of KH2.

And good job on the OP Bebpo. All praise Nomura :D

NTom64

TheChillyAcademic said:
I want to play as Mickey for once.

And no, playing as Mickey playing as Sora does not count Nomura.

Nomura...

Maybe in the game that comes between BBS and KH1? It was said Mickey travelled round to see what was going on with the worlds, after all.

In regards to re:Coded, it looks to be pretty fun. Hopefully the BBS-esque gameplay will make visiting old worlds AGAIN somewhat interesting, as opposed to...that other DS game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm literally in the middle of a mostly virgin (get it? Kingdom Hearts? Virgin?) series run, mostly in anticipation of getting my tardy ass caught up for some portable BbS action. So I'm REALLY surprised that this is coming out (somewhere) so soon, and am super keen on impressions.

Mejilan said:
I'm literally in the middle of a mostly virgin (get it? Kingdom Hearts? Virgin?) series run, mostly in anticipation of getting my tardy ass caught up for some portable BbS action. So I'm REALLY surprised that this is coming out (somewhere) so soon, and am super keen on impressions.

SPOILERS BEWARE

Jigsaw

Banned
this game looks like a cheap cash in with those moving portraits instead of animated cutscenes :|

i'll wait for the us version,i just ordered kh2 final mix and when i'm done with that bbs fm should be out

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
TheChillyAcademic said:
SPOILERS BEWARE

Worry not! I don't play KH for the (miserable) stories! :lol
Also, wasn't Mickey unlockable/playable in the separate mission mode available in Days?
And dual-wield Roxas? Not QUITE the same, I know.

Edit - KH3 should have an Epic Mickey world.

ILikeFeet

Banned
fuck you people, KH2 was stupid fun.

I will get this because I don't have a PSP. (I mainly want it beacuse I am anticipating KH3D :D )

Salsa

People saying KH2 gameplay is bad ?

THE FUCK ?

I remember when i finished playing it and said "this series is gonna be so awesome, cant wait to see what happens!"

yeah i never knew what the hell happened/happens/will happen/who is sleeping/how many days/whatever

Jigsaw

Banned
Shadowlink said:
So it will be like how the MGS games end. That's alright I guess.

no it's not,a blackscreen with subtitles?i want epic teasers like deep dive and birth by sleep which we can then analyze and speculate for the next 2 years :D

ILikeFeet

Banned
Jigsaw said:
no it's not,a blackscreen with subtitles?i want epic teasers like deep dive and birth by sleep which we can then analyze and speculate for the next 2 years :D

who says a dialogue can't do that? :D

Jigsaw said:
Well, we could still speculate with voices. :p

WillyFive

ILikeFeet said:
who says a dialogue can't do that? :D

Yeah. Heck, a good bit of dialogue can spark the imagination and create hype much more than a single scene can.

Remember "back in the Clone Wars?", or "the plane has been found, no survivors"?

A black screen with just simple text unveiling a megaton would be just as great.

MAtgS

NTom64 said:
Maybe in the game that comes between BBS and KH1? It was said Mickey travelled round to see what was going on with the worlds, after all.
He traveled the worlds during BBS, how about adding a Mickey scenario in the final mix? His appearance on the boxart would finally make some sense.

Oh well, at least there's Days' mission mode.

Top Bottom