• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Don't know why they need 6 hours of crap for Wrestlemania

Pacing is gonna suck

The matches that need time:
- The New Day v. LoN
- Shane v. Taker
- Women's Match
- AJ v. Jericho

Give everything else 10 minutes and you'd be fine for a 4 hour show.

Mahonay

Banned
Wouldn't this just essentially make him Seth Rollins?

They do? i thought people are/would be fed up with this dude basically making the title a joke every chance he gets by interjecting himself into a feud/high end PPV.
People liked Seth Rollins before they turned him heel. Also Seth is set to return as a face when he comes back as injury. He could feud with a heel Reigns.

For myself at least, HHH's current run as champ has been WAY more entertaining than what they were trying to do with Roman before he lost the belt at the Rumble. Also HHH has been pretty great in the ring any time he's had a match over the past couple of years. His beatdowns on Roman have gotten the crowd pretty hype almost every time. Because things are so lackluster in WWE, HHH is comfort. Someone I know that will deliver no matter what. He knows how to get the audience into it. Roman absolutely does not.

TheFuzz

Pacing is gonna suck

- The New Day v. LoN
- Shane v. Taker
- Women's Match
- AJ v. Jericho

Lesnar and Ambrose, 10 min? Lollololno

UberTag

Pacing is gonna suck
But this way you're going to get concerts and all sorts of recap segments and panel discussions and in-ring promos that never end and drag out for 20 minutes (Stephanie McMahon, I'm looking at you) and Network plugs and the nostalgia acts getting trotted out for a cheap pop like Austin and Michaels and The Rock and Sting and Foley and Daniel Bryan and whomever the hell else.

Vince will take like 4 different finishers and then be AOK for RAW After WrestleMania the next night.

People liked Seth Rollins before they turned him heel. Also Seth is set to return as a face when he comes back as injury. He could feud with a heel Reigns.
Is he now? Just like Orton was set to return as a face when he came back from injury to feud with Rollins? Remember that? Oh wait... (I suppose they got there eventually after "telling the story" again.)

Video packages is like the one thing WWE does really well right now.

Then I'm supremely excited to see what rich and detailed promos come out for these earth shattering feuds, like Kalisto and Ryback, or The New Day and League of Nations. I imagine even the Shane / Undertaker match is just going to be his leap from last night on repeat while Vince does a voice over "So when the Rock said he couldn't do it..."

Mahonay

Banned
Then I'm supremely excited to see what rich and detailed promos come out for these earth shattering feuds, like Kalisto and Ryback, or The New Day and League of Nations. I imagine even the Shane / Undertaker match is just going to be his leap from last night on repeat while Vince does a voice over "So when the Rock said he couldn't do it..."
Lol well Kalisto and Ryback got moved down the card to the preshow on USA.

Hell, they made an insanely good video package for Nikki Bella vs Charlotte last year. I'm confident in their ability to make hype video packages, even for the shittiest feuds. I just wish they could do that in the months leading up to it. The past couple of years they wait until the day of Mania to make their stories actually appealing. It's weird.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Completely missed the buildup over the last month or so to WM.

So whats the outcome (read: outlook) if Roman wins? Is he gonna win? Where do they go with him? Do people even want this?

Whats the outcome (read: point) of HHH winning? Do people even want this?

Seems like a damned if your do damned if you don't main event if i ever saw one. Probably why i missed all the buildup
My guess: Roman wins in the match before the main event, turns heel on the Raw afterwards.

One way that kept me excited about going to WM this year was not watching raw during the build up.

I mean...there is a chance it will be good if you don't even pay attention.

Maybe I'll be surprised.

Mahonay

Banned
Is he now? Just like Orton was set to return as a face when he came back from injury to feud with Rollins? Remember that? Oh wait... (I suppose they got there eventually after "telling the story" again.)
I think Seth will return to a fucking massive face-like pop. He'll come out like his old heel stuff, and then immediately turn face on whomever is the other heel out there with him. It's a pretty simple set up. But yeah, WWE, they swing and miss on the simple shit all the time.

My guess: Roman wins in the match before the main event, turns heel on the Raw afterwards.
Very likely outcome.

UberTag

If they're smart, they'll have him turn heel on Ambrose (fresh off of an unlikely victory over Lesnar at Mania in a garbage match) and build that feud up for a couple months until Seth returns as a tweener and they make it a 3-way.

Of course, we all know they're not smart. Face Reigns vs. Heel Ryback it is.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fuck WM where my NXT thread at bruh?
images

Kaladin

The Verge just ran this article.....

WrestleMania: why you should watch, even if pro wrestling isn't your thing

This Sunday the WWE will host the Super Bowl of professional wrestling. WrestleMania will takeover the AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, which has a maximum capacity of 105,000. If things go as the WWE plans, the show will be the biggest pro wrestling event in history. That's only partly why you should tune in. After decades of ups-and-downs, pro wrestling is expanding beyond the ring, becoming a superhero-like universe of comedy shows, gaming streams, and reality programs. WrestleMania is the culmination of storylines that span thousands of hours of live and prerecorded events and programs — and is somehow made accessible to newcomers.

I will actually be in attendance. I haven't been passionate about pro wrestling since childhood, but I've always heard that WrestleMania — like the Kentucky Derby, a NASCAR race, and competitive noodling — is a sporting event that must be experienced in person. To prepare, I invited my friend and colleague Bill Hanstock to appear on this week's What's Tech. Hanstock is the wrestling editor at SB Nation and Cageside Seats, and hosts pro wrestling podcast Rudo Radio. Hanstock is a passionate evangelist for the sport, and he provides countless reasons why now is the best time to welcome pro wrestling into your life.

WrestleMania 32 begins Sunday at 7PM ET. You can watch it the old-fashioned way on pay-per-view, or stream via the WWE Network.

Link with Podcast Audio

I'll be there! My trip starts tomorrow. Driving from LA to Dallas. So excited to be going to my third Wrestlemania (21, 31, 32).

Only bummer is parking is $60 at the stadium.

KingBroly

Banned
But this way you're going to get concerts and all sorts of recap segments and panel discussions and in-ring promos that never end and drag out for 20 minutes (Stephanie McMahon, I'm looking at you) and Network plugs and the nostalgia acts getting trotted out for a cheap pop like Austin and Michaels and The Rock and Sting and Foley and Daniel Bryan and whomever the hell else.

Vince will take like 4 different finishers and then be AOK for RAW After WrestleMania the next night.

It's called WRESTLEmania, not SPORTSENTERTAINMENTmania or REIGNSamania

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh my god this card doesn't look that good...

I'll be watching as is my tradition but meh...

I'll more be looking forward to them giving awesome Wrestlemania intros to the New Day, AJ Styles and Kevin Owens.

Kaladin

Yeah. Those are for the stadium spots. I'm sure I can find cheaper parking but I don't know the area at all.

Last year at 31 I had to pay $40 and it was a half mile walk away from Levis Stadium.

I found a website called ParkWhiz that has listings for parking for Dallas Stadium and WM32 is one of their events.

These are privately owned spaces but they have price ranges from $11 - $194.

She owns the character, and understands it now. And yes the air guitar was spontaneous, and such a cool display of arrogance that costs her when she got hit from behind a few seconds later.

She is bordering on master Psychology, and I have a feeling HHH is working more with her than we all know, because she is doing things no other woman is.

Sephzilla

Match Predictions!
The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Surprise
Cesaro
return?

Natalya, Paige, Brie, Alicia, Eva vs. Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer, Emma
League of Nations vs. New Day
Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, The Miz, Stardust, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder
Chris Jericho vs. A.J. Styles
Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Mahonay

Banned
She owns the character, and understands it now. And yes the air guitar was spontaneous, and such a cool display of arrogance that costs her when she got hit from behind a few seconds later.

She is bordering on master Psychology, and I have a feeling HHH is working more with her than we all know, because she is doing things no other woman is.
tumblr_o1hq4gGqQF1sj4xr4o3_500.0.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Pacing is gonna suck

- The New Day v. LoN
- Shane v. Taker
- Women's Match
- AJ v. Jericho

Like three of these matches are PRESHOW. Meltzer says all of the matches are supposed to get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom