• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

If you notice they actually booked it so that the hate Revival has for DIY was directly responsible for them not getting AoP out.

They worked through the hate they had for each other but in the end Revival needed to hurt DIY and it cost them.

That's fair. A bit of psychology I perhaps missed.

Still, from the way they were shrugging off offense tonight, I'd expect the AOP to kick out of a pistol shot.

Still, from the way they were shrugging off offense tonight, I'd expect the AOP to kick out of a pistol shot.

That's kind of the point. They want you going forward believing that nothing can stop them, that way it means everything when someone finally does it.

Because they are goddamn monsters man. You have to make them look as unbeatable as possible until it's the right time to beat them. Tonight was not that time. The Revival need out of NXT at this point, and it doesn't make sense for DIY to take the titles back yet.

Plus like I said the story was that had Revival just resisted the urge to get that big shot in on Ciampa those two teams would have eventually overcome and taken out AoP but Revival wanted/needed to hurt Ciampa and so that superplex and throwing Ciampa back in and thus giving an opening to AoP to capitalize fucked them.

McGuinness went out of his way to call the superplex and the rolling of Ciampa into the ring to isolate him, a mistake... and literally it was...DIY was gone from the match 45 seconds later basically. The moment Revival lost was when they gave an opening to AoP to take out DIY... they fucked themselves because they needed to hurt DIY.

Revival and DIY were put over as a collective killer of giants with just a bit too much ego... pride before the fall so to speak. They did literally almost collectively get AoP to tap out.

Also of note all the big moves to AoP were frequently in places where going for the pin wasn't feasible. Shatter Machine was to the non legal man for example iirc.

Some pretty dumb camera moments during Takeover, either focusing/zooming on the wrong thing or cutting away to worse angles of moves

jurgen

Some pretty dumb camera moments during Takeover, either focusing/zooming on the wrong thing or cutting away to worse angles of moves

Yeah, I believe one of AoP slammed Wilder outside of the ring towards the end of that match and it wasn't even caught on camera.

Yeah, I believe one of AoP slammed Wilder outside of the ring towards the end of that match and it wasn't even caught on camera.
Almas' flippy shit pele kick wasn't even caught due to zooming on Black

Beginning of tag match focused solely on DIY out of the ring instead of cutting to and from them and The Revival. Even commentary seemed a bit confused "and now DIY on the outside" *hasn't cut away*

Dude running to the outside right where the cam is, better cut to the opposite side of the ring and get a horrible shot, then cut right back

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I had pretty lowered expectations, not because I dont like the talent or the show (I do!) but lately the crowd reactions to the talent had been pretty tame and the outcomes very easy to predict.

With that in mind, great show. Enjoyed every single match. The Revival, DIY, AOP match was insane, Asuka made a star out of Ember and the main even was really solid

I do wish the women's match went a little longer but that leaves the door open for them to do more later on.

I'm serious here, Aleister has "star" written all over him. He's got presence.

Shit, the fact that he even has a theme that isn't just 3 lines repeated for 4 minutes tells me that they got big plans for him.

If Tommy End can talk anywhere close to CM Punk's level he'd be at least on that level, basically I'm saying he'd be like a CM Punk who could probably more likely win an actual fight.

I still think Asuka should just forfeit the title and the Women's tournament crowns a new champion.

Next Takeover event will probably be in June I'm guessing. Just in time for the tournament.

After tonight Asuka definitely isn't going anywhere for at least a couple more months.
Plus like I said the story was that had Revival just resisted the urge to get that big shot in on Ciampa those two teams would have eventually overcome and taken out AoP but Revival wanted/needed to hurt Ciampa and so that superplex and throwing Ciampa back in and thus giving an opening to AoP to capitalize fucked them.

Ding ding ding, winner!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Which former WWE talents are primed to return outside of the rumored Hardys and confirmed McIntyre? Ezekial Jackson? Evan Bourne? Carlito? MVP? Gabriel? Morrison?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That triple threat elimination tag match made it impossible to enjoy the rest of the show; it was that goddamn good. The energy in the building for the Meeting in the Middle / Shatter Machine spot into the top rope suplex onto the floor was incredible.

Alternate view of the Aleister Black entrance

I thought he was going to zombie walk for a second when he popped up, like Devitt did in that one NJPW show where he looked like Carnage.

pbayne

Which former WWE talents are primed to return outside of the rumored Hardys and confirmed McIntyre? Ezekial Jackson? Evan Bourne? Carlito? MVP? Gabriel? Morrison?

shelton benjamin. Though i think he has been signed for a while but he's just returned from injury. Might do something with him and Angle or American Alpha.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
shelton benjamin. Though i think he has been signed for a while but he's just returned from injury. Might do something with him and Angle or American Alpha.

Yah, that's been known for a year. More curious about free agents. I know Rhodes, Barrett, and Ryback won't be back anytime soon. I wonder if any talent will be leading soon.

Bubba T

That triple threat match was the best match on the card. Quite a bit spotty, but it told a good story of two rivals hesitantly working together to take down a bigger threat.

Yah, that's been known for a year. More curious about free agents. I know Rhodes, Barrett, and Ryback won't be back anytime soon. I wonder if any talent will be leading soon.

Eli Drake was on the radar but I'm guessing he's resigned to Impact Wrestling. Older talent than that, no clue.

Auraela

Banned
So why dont new day actually have a match. You know going from the longest holding tag team champs to not even having a match at mania is just weird

gocubs

So why dont new day actually have a match. You know going from the longest holding tag team champs to not even having a match at mania is just weird

Because they are needed for some bad backstage segment with some legends.

My picks for WM:

Austin Aries
Braun Strowman
Enzio and Cass
Sasha
Naiomi
Cena and Nikki
Baron Corbin
AJ Styles
Kevin Owens
Seth Rollins
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Brock Lesnar

Forkball

This is the start of Asuka's conquest to unify all the women's titles.

What are the chances of Roman completely squashing Taker in a one minute match? I think they're crazy enough to do it.

Auraela

Banned
The ppv was great indeed.

My only concern.. I don't know that tatooed dude but was that a first match to promote him ? Cause Almas looked 10 times more impressive in that match..

Yea i thought same..almas was doing most of the work and pulling of some cool stuff. And at times i felt black was being too slow to keep up with almas. Black looked ok but its too early to be screaming shit like hes the next cm punk n shit like some are 😅😅😅

Laws00

All props to the 434 page

17629957_1392232647481847_8160922403485562201_n.jpg

17457280_1392234124148366_1823582662385336044_n.jpg

17634819_1392232574148521_1526220967679426949_n.png

17634527_1392234757481636_6402061305000826581_n.jpg

17629773_1392233004148478_3963458994534781984_n.jpg

17626179_1392233497481762_7248941040401434019_n.jpg

17626165_1392233854148393_5201979663280979967_n.jpg

17634700_1392235544148224_6944693065205259319_n.jpg

17424714_1392235000814945_8239631903221164827_n.jpg

17425887_1392234507481661_6147540348915093852_n.jpg

-0 , Taker wouldn't allow that.

Crazy swerve Fantasy that actually could rehabilitate Roman. Undertaker uses his backstage clout to allow him to squash Roman tonight and claim the WWE as his yard now and forever. Roman having just gotten squashed by a creaky 50 year old geezer as 60000 thousand people cheer it on puts Roman in a bad place. He is Broken. Enter Broken Matt and Brother Nero, who take him under their wing and he is reborn Broken Roman who then along with Broken Matt and Brother Nero go on a quest to delete everyone in the WWE.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I've got to be honest, I'd much prefer nearly every single "Before" character in that set of graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom