• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how "Make Roman Strong" is what fans of him on here are striving for. You have two individuals who have already tapped the ceiling, one being more beloved and popular than the other.

Never even said I was a fan did I?

I just think he should beat Taker... if only because that fan reaction is going to be infinitely more entertaining than tombstone , pose, see ya later.

It also makes more sense that a guy like Reigns would be a guy like Taker.

Look I'm of the mind that Taker should have put Wyatt over at 31 and gone away.

Sanjuro

I just think he should beat Taker... if only because that fan reaction is going to be infinitely more entertaining, then tombstone , pose, see ya later.

You don't have to be a fan.

What you presented is, See Ya Later vs Massive Booing?

Look I'm of the mind that Taker should have put Wyatt over at 31 and gone away.

I think Wyatt was his only competitor which made sense going over in recent years.

I don't think he should have gone away. I love seeing him show up on occasion still, as do many other fans.

GunBR

I just think he should beat Taker... if only because that fan reaction is going to be infinitely more entertaining than tombstone , pose, see ya later.
That's true
The reactions when Roman showed up at number 30 and then eliminated Taker at the Rumble were sooo funny

You don't have to be a fan.

What you presented is, See Ya Later vs Massive Booing?

I'm arguing from two perspectives:

1) What would entertain me most

2) The fact that Taker is almost literally an actual walking Deadman and shouldn't be beating a guy like Roman Reigns just because the fans will be mad. Reigns has a long career ahead, this can be used to build something, Taker winning is just whatever does nothing.

I think Wyatt was his only competitor which made sense going over in recent years.

I don't think he should have gone away. I love seeing him show up on occasion still, as do many other fans.

Gone away in as much as stopped just showing up to beat someone at Mania... hell he should have lost to CM Punk at Mania 29 too in a title vs streak match but that's neither here nor there

RkOwnage

What's up gaf? I haven't had much time to post, but I was at takeover last night and I enjoyed a lot of it. I think one of my favorite things about this weekend so far is how friendly and laid back everyone has been. Fans everywhere just chatting it up and being cordial with each other, the two guys we sat next to at takeover last night bought myself and my two friends drinks just because we were cutting up and messing around with everyone. Then when takeover ended everyone is walking down the street chanting various wrestling phrases, it's just been cool to be a part of. Obviously going to mania tonight and then Raw and Smackdown after. I've been to two manias before I've never had this much fun!!

Sanjuro

I'm arguing from two perspectives:

1) What would entertain me most

2) The fact that Taker is almost literally an actual walking Deadman and shouldn't be beating a guy like Roman Reigns just because the fans will be mad. Reigns has a long career ahead, this can be used to build something, Taker winning is just whatever does nothing.

If you can't imagine a fifty year old man beating a thirty year old man, then my lord are you watching the wrong programing.

I can see someone wanting Roman to win. That's fine.

If you can't imagine a fifty year old man beating a thirty year old man, then my lord are you watching the wrong programing.

I can see someone wanting Roman to win. That's fine.
No no no I can picture a lot of 50 year old men beating 30 year old men...

Goldberg for example... Didn't bother me... Flair was still in decent shape at 50.

But dude Taker is just ridiculous looking now...

Absolutely. And it keeps his single loss to Brock still a big deal.
At the same time, you then have 2 men who have defeated the Undertaker who can both say "but you haven't beaten me"

Especially if they were planning on feeding Brock to Roman anyways before backing down with Seth

Kusagari

The only way Roman beating Taker can be used for something greater is if Roman goes insane, "injures" Taker and forces him to retire and finally turns heel for real.

Hex

Banned
Complete nonsense....

Taker winning does nothing like less than nothing... Not even a fun fan reaction... Just a basic pop and gone. His legacy is not hurt by a loss to Reigns nor is it enhanced by beating Reigns...

Taker winning would literally be the most pointless decision ever.

It would also be a huge stone for Roman to carry that he was not able to beat a geriatric with one hip and no knees.

If something greater is him getting nuclear heat, sure
But they'll want him to be the face.

They do not want him to be face.
Even Trips says that he is pretty much already a heel

Hex

Banned
The only way Roman beating Taker can be used for something greater is if Roman goes insane, "injures" Taker and forces him to retire and finally turns heel for real.

This is also true.
It can not be a close win, or a lucky spear.
He has to essentially destroy Taker in the middle of the ring and then bask happily in the heat.

Ithil

What does (young wrestler) beating (legend) do for his character? Like, really?

You can't use a blanket statement like this. Reigns is hated and a complete failure as a babyface, and what's more he's a complete black hole on TV where everything has to revolve around him.

Barring a heel turn, this is a match that should not have been booked. Even a heel turn does little for me, I don't want to see him turn heel or stay face, I want him to get off TV.

Sanjuro

The heel turn doesn't do much for me either. It would be interesting to see the attempt, but I think people have a bit too much respect for Undertaker unless something else comes of it.

I mean, the Dudleys had the same thing happen a few months ago. Really just is a cop out for someone leaving programing.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rewatching WM32 because I like torturing myself.

This is your reminder that Fandango can beat Chris Jericho at WrestleMania, but AJ Styles couldn't.

Syder

This is your reminder that Fandango can beat Chris Jericho at WrestleMania, but AJ Styles couldn't.
f1nWzCf.jpg

Call me a damn fool, but I'm still holding out hope that Shane is just suddenly "unable to perform" right before his match and they bring in a surprise opponent. As a guy whose first ever email address was "shane_o_matt@hotmail.com" I've always been a Shane McMahon fan, but when you have one of the legit best performances in this industry you need to pair them up with other top guys on the biggest stage.

pbayne

That tag match match was great. Nxt has a lot of really goofy gimmicks knocking about atm. God love any of those tag teams being called up cause neither show seems to care much about the division.

Oh yeah Asuka time.

Rewatching WM32 because I like torturing myself.

The night after WM 32 is when things finally started to take off for AJ. Before that he wasn't really doing much. But then after, he had the two great matches with Roman and then went into the Cena feud which after that took him off into being world champ.

Sanjuro

I think AJ has had pretty good booking so far. All things considered he could be teaming with Zack Ryder or Fandango right now for an outsider trying to elevate himself in Vince's World.

Might not be the ideal match, and could still be fun.

Syder

AJ should've been slotted into the IC match, it would've made the most likely outcome of Corbin winning seem even more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom