• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Those biceps!

C8VLyAqXsAAx0gq.jpg
They seem to value him more than that, which is a positive.
He had a 5 month title reign that lasted until January and they had no idea what he'd be doing at Mania.

I still think a no storyline match for the IC title with actual wrestlers is better than 'wrestling' Shane.

Leedogg

What are the odds of the WWE network going down during Wrestlemania? I'm going to try and start watching on my LG TV app. But if things go bad, I got my PS4 ready.

He looks like shit, but WWE will let everyone know when it's his last match before it happens
Maybe a carreer match or something like that
They kind of did 2 weeks ago when Shawn Michaels came out to Roman emphasising how Taker ended his career when Roman replied saying "will all due respect...I'll end Takers career"

Those biceps!

C8VLyAqXsAAx0gq.jpg
He had a 5 month title reign that lasted until January and they had no idea what he'd be doing at Mania.

I still think a no storyline match for the IC title with actual wrestlers is better than 'wrestling' Shane.

They've been planting the seeds for AJ/Shane since basically the Rumble.

Sanjuro

It's still Shane McMahon and he is coming off a match with the Undertaker last year. It's a better look than throwing him into the Intercontinental Memorial Match.

I thought him vs Cena rematch would have been fine. People didn't even like them matching up either.

Hex

Banned
Call me a damn fool, but I'm still holding out hope that Shane is just suddenly "unable to perform" right before his match and they bring in a surprise opponent. As a guy whose first ever email address was "shane_o_matt@hotmail.com" I've always been a Shane McMahon fan, but when you have one of the legit best performances in this industry you need to pair them up with other top guys on the biggest stage.

I will be holding out for Angle saving Shane after AJ beats him and keeps beating him.

Hex

Banned
They seem to value him more than that, which is a positive.

Yeah.
Just throwing him in without the intent of winning it would be a step down.
With Shane, while it may feel like a placeholder it is a marqee match and will keep AJ in the main event scene.

pbayne

Asuka should be champion forever.

Does Moon have a second finisher. Cause that top rope stunner is hella cool, one of the best moves going but the set-up is super contrived looking.

Syder

They've been planting the seeds for AJ/Shane since basically the Rumble.
I'm saying I'd rather AJ was in a match with no heat than the feud with Shane. I just don't want to see it. I can't really be moved on this subject:

1. Shane doesn't deserve AJ
  2. The Mania card is too long as it is, so merge AJ into the IC match or the Orton/Wyatt match
    (also add Harper if you want)

I'm saying I'd rather AJ was in a match with no heat than the feud with Shane. I just don't want to see it. I can't really be moved on this subject:

1. Shane doesn't deserve AJ
  2. The Mania card is too long as it is, so merge AJ into the IC match or the Orton/Wyatt match
    (also add Harper if you want)

You said

That's blatantly not true.

Toki767

Asuka should be champion forever.

Does Moon have a second finisher. Cause that top rope stunner is hella cool, one of the best moves going but the set-up is super contrived looking.
To be fair it's about as contrived as someone doing a missile dropkick or a cross body.

When did the Shane build start? Post-Rumble?

Also, they were offering AJ to HBK at some point. They really had no clue and yet they have an idea of what Roman is doing in 12 months.
wtzgU.gif

Yes since the Rumble, you don't know when they asked HBK... probably would have been before that given that they'd have wanted to give him time to get back in shape....

Bronx-Man

Banned
32 is just nothing but the dumbest booking decisions imaginable.

Why is did Styles lose against someone like Jericho? Why did New Day lose against the fucking League of Nations? Why did Charlotte retain the belt?

Why is did Styles lose against someone like Jericho? Why did New Day lose against the fucking League of Nations? Why did Charlotte retain the belt?
I think Meltz reported that Charlotte retained since they wanted Sasha's big win to be one vs one against her but Becky got too over for them to ignore her so they had to include her in the match and push Sasha's win until Summerslam season.

kiguel182

I have enjoyed the build but I can't get excited for Orton and Wyatt. I'm afraid it will be such a slow match with that Orton pacing and ugh, not looking forward to it.

Sanjuro

It doesn't always have to fit the bill of logic.

For AJ though, his character kind of sucked at that time. His evolution from aw shucks, to villain stable, to a fighting heel champion was refreshing IMO. This is from someone who had no idea who he was prior to WWE.

Tagyhag

It doesn't always have to fit the bill of logic.

For AJ though, his character kind of sucked at that time. His evolution from aw shucks, to villain stable, to a fighting heel champion was refreshing IMO. This is from someone who had no idea who he was prior to WWE.

I agree, I didn't watch TNA but does anyone remember AJ being that bad of a face then too?

Dude should be a heel forever.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Those biceps!

C8VLyAqXsAAx0gq.jpg

Then you're wrong.

pbayne

It's a move that I can't imagine being good for her body to be doing regularly.

You said it. Even doing a regular leg drop regularly is meant to be murder on the hips, never mind jumping from the top rope and landing on your ass to hit a move.

Roode you dork. Belt under the robe is the only way to go.

DeathyBoy

Banned

I'm sorry dude, but what do you expect?

You don't want to see Shane bs AJ, fine. But him being third wheel in an IC title match is a far worse fate than fighting a McMahon at Mania. Especially given if the show runs long, that IC title match is guaranteed to be shortened considerably. Which won't happen to Shane vs AJ.

GunBR

I have enjoyed the build but I can't get excited for Orton and Wyatt. I'm afraid it will be such a slow match with that Orton pacing and ugh, not looking forward to it.
Orton vs Wyatt, Miz vs Cena and Jericho vs Owens had some great build and AJ vs Shane and Taker Vs Roman had a good storyline too, but I doubt that any of this matches will be really good

And even Trips vs Seth doesn't look so great, but at least will have a lot of fuckery like all The HHH matches

Syder

Set looks frickin' awesome

WrestleMania-33-Longest-Ramp-in-WWE-History.jpg

I'm sorry dude, but what do you expect?

You don't want to see Shane bs AJ, fine. But him being third wheel in an IC title match is a far worse fate than fighting a McMahon at Mania. Especially given if the show runs long, that IC title match is guaranteed to be shortened considerably. Which won't happen to Shane vs AJ.
Well, we disagree on this. Scratching the Shane/AJ match off the card frees up time to give the IC match, which was only an example, time to breath (AJ quite easily could've been in the Main Event). Shane had his warning at Survivor Series, he has less business in a wrestling ring than James Ellsworth.

Well, we disagree on this. Scratching the Shane/AJ match off the card frees up time to give the IC match, which was only an example, time to breath (AJ quite easily could've been in the Main Event). Shane had his warning at Survivor Series, he has less business in a wrestling ring than James Ellsworth.

WWE is built around putting the McMahons over.

Ithil

The giant ring is pretty goofy. It looks like a parade balloon.
The actual stage is great.

Toki767

If they use the ring above the ring, the people with ringside seats won't be able to see.

Pretty sure it's just for show. Not sure how someone would even get up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom