• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

Fuchsdh

Living legend John Knoll, nice.

Apple seems to have woken the hell up about GPU capabilities between the hardware boosts and Metal 2 and eGPUs.

giga

Messages in iCloud!!

DBkzxzDUIAEMqPX.jpg:large

kiguel182

VR needed to happen so Apple cares about graphical power.

Well, fine by me I guess. All the pro love might make me stick with Apple. My interest is gamedev so all of this works for me.

Guess Who

Banned
What do these GPUs mean? I'm only familar with NVDIA

these specific GPUs haven't shipped in anything else, but judging by the radeon pros in the last MBPs, they'll probably be a slight step down from the same-numbered RX product (so, the radeon pro 580 will probably run a little worse than a radeon rx 580)

Lo-Volt

Also, this implies that garbage 1080p iMac still lives, but why? It better be a bargain, Intel graphics upgrades or not.

Oppo

I honestly can't believe Apple is officially supporting eGPUs. Would have never guessed.

I'm pretty sure they said some things about eGPU support when the trashcan mac rolled out. it's nice but I'll wait to see when and how it looks. Also it's gonna fucking cost, because of the enclosure, and power supply, and other stuff that ought to be in the computer.

i do hope they get their act together on pro stuff as a longtime mac user who abandoned them this year but I will need to see a real concerted effort before I flip back.

Kurdel said:
Developing games in VR sounds exhausting and dumb.
It is... not great.

Fuchsdh

Also, this implies that garbage 1080p iMac still lives, but why? It better be a bargain, Intel graphics upgrades or not.

Because as with the non-retina MBP, schools will continue to buy the shit because it's cheap.

I'm pretty sure they said some things about eGPU support when the trashcan mac rolled out. it's nice but I'll wait to see when and how it looks. Also it's gonna fucking cost, because of the enclosure, and power supply, and other stuff that ought to be in the computer.

i do hope they get their act together on pro stuff as a longtime mac user who abandoned them this year but I will need to see a real concerted effort before I flip back.

I highly doubt they are only going to allow eGPUs through a single blessed setup—or if they do, it's gonna' be trivial to get around and hack your own cheap setup like people are using now.

Top Bottom