• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

LordOfChaos

Segregating 'games' from 'apps' is brilliant and is going to make a huge difference and give non-game app makers so much more room to breathe. It's been a long time coming.

Now support premium pricing plz Apple.

Yup. I like games (obvz), but when looking for cool new usefull apps, games really choke up the whole list right now.

CREMSteve

Been holding off on picking up a new tablet at the behest of gaf because a new iPad was going to be announced at this event, anything to update so far?

Fuchsdh

Yup. I like games (obvz), but when looking for cool new usefull apps, games really choke up the whole list right now.

And creating a more personal editorial features listing for stuff seems like a smart upgrade over the previous opaque editors' picks. If you don't care about that stuff, you can ignore it, but it seems like a more trustworthy channel worth listening to if that's what floats your boat.

Guess Who

Banned
Been holding off on picking up a new tablet at the behest of gaf because a new iPad was going to be announced at this event, anything to update so far?

there's still a good chunk of time in the event, but nothing so far. shit, i don't know that they've even shown an ipad on screen this whole event so far.

I don't remember an Apple keynote where they've rushed themselves through so much before. The presenters are going out of breath as if they're trying to do a 1.5x speed podcast in real time. They need to split apart these presentations throughout the year instead of such a rushed infodump like this.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I don't remember an Apple keynote where they've rushed themselves through so much before. The presenters are going out of breath as if they're trying to do a 1.5x speed podcast in real time. They need to split apart these presentations throughout the year instead of such a rushed infodump like this.

I don't know if splitting it up is the answer, but I completely agree about them moving WAY to fast.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I really, really hope ARKit can be developed natively in Swift!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Am I going to have to dig up that ancient vita demo of AR showing the dragons on the patio? I just don't get the fascination with this form of AR. AR really needs to be viewed not on a phone screen to really be useful

Tom Nook

POKEMON GO AR
Screen%20Shot%202017-06-05%20at%202.37.08%20PM.png

Fuchsdh

The AR stuff is smart in that Apple has a built-in audience. There's no hardware to sell people on before software can take off. It does an end-run around the issues VR has run into.

Top Bottom