• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

Fuchsdh

I know they're trying to get more women on-stage at these things, but having them always be the showgirls demoing stuff comes across as a little weird.

My Windows Phone 8.1 had mall maps already. Google maps has those lane details since... i dont even know.

Cool features. Great features. Great that they are coming to iOS. But WHY THE HUGE APPLAUSE AND SCREAMING? lol

I see that Apple is bringing lots of machine learning stuff that are on Android (Google Now) since.... again, I dont even know. The machine learning related to screen context and new words in your keyboard is great, but it could just work wierdly depending on what kind of things you are reading online lol.

They are talking so much about the height that its more than obvious how the new iPhone will be. But I am even curious to see if the new iPads might also get a little bit taller.

Most of the crowd are Apple employees. They're paid to applaud and cheer. I'm an Apple user but I know all this stuff is years old for anyone with Android.

Guess Who

Banned
Between this and the eGPU stuff, Apple has paid more attention to games than any time recently.

the native eGPU support makes me feel way better about my 15" pro. now when my radeon pro 460 can't handle my shit anymore, i can just hook up a tb3 gpu. at the rate intel's going my CPU probably won't feel dated for at least five years.

I know they're trying to get more women on-stage at these things, but having them always be the showgirls demoing stuff comes across as a little weird.

They actually work on these products like as in they head them. They also gave her the monument valley 2 announcement. come on.

entremet

Don't the dudes demo stuff all the time too? It's keynote. It's gonna be full of demos. Schiller is a demo machine.

GeoGonzo

I'm not impressed with the new store. What I'd want is steam like personalized curation: For example, favouring premium games over freemium.

the native eGPU support makes me feel way better about my 15" pro. now when my radeon pro 460 can't handle my shit anymore, i can just hook up a tb3 gpu. at the rate intel's going my CPU probably won't feel dated for at least five years.

It's made me wish I bought a 15" instead of my 13" and a gaming laptop

microdot

Most new apps I download are by word of mouth and hype. I don't have the time to browse and try apps or invest in using mediocre apps.

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed. :|

I thought the lack of discussion on email apps and shit like that would've signaled that you could assign third-party default apps.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My Windows Phone 8.1 had mall maps already. Google maps has those lane details since... i dont even know.

Cool features. Great features. Great that they are coming to iOS. But WHY THE HUGE APPLAUSE AND SCREAMING? lol

I see that Apple is bringing lots of machine learning stuff that are on Android (Google Now) since.... again, I dont even know. The machine learning related to screen context and new words in your keyboard is great, but it could just work wierdly depending on what kind of things you are reading online lol.

They are talking so much about the height that its more than obvious how the new iPhone will be. But I am even curious to see if the new iPads might also get a little bit taller.

Having been to one of their Fall iPhone events in the past, the applause and screams come from the Apple employees, enthusiast influencers, and other invited guests, not the journalists covering the event.

Anyway, people are excited because all of this stuff is now coming to iOS and their Apple devices. People like using their Apple devices and don't really care if the features existed in some form or another on other platforms.

giga

z6j9Mxf.png

jts

...hate me...
Most of the crowd are Apple employees. They're paid to applaud and cheer. I'm an Apple user but I know all this stuff is years old for anyone with Android.

Wat. 5,000 people is people that paid $1,599 for a ticket, after winning a lottery for the chance to do so.

Top Bottom