• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

sonto340

Am I going to have to dig up that ancient vita demo of AR showing the dragons on the patio? This stuff is so dull. AR really needs to be viewed not on a phone screen to really benefit
Honestly. If they released a gear vr style set there could be some cool applications there but as it is it's not very exciting.

Really interested to see someone with real Unity skills create a small game within AR. MS showed demos with Hololense but with the iphone it's an easier point of access.

What do you mean by "scale to a smaller screen"?

galaxy-s6-edge-plus-one-handed-mode.jpg

Makes one hand use much easier

ArchAngel

Wait, they only moved the camera filming the iPhone, not the iPhone itself?

This AR stuff is old, should even work on the oldest smartphones.

jstripes

Banned
Everyone dismissing this AR stuff: Kids are going to eat this shit up.

I can see it as useful for professionals like interior designers, too.

If you double tap (not press) the home button it'll bring the top of the screen down. It's not quite the same thing but it helps.

Yeah, I know, but its really not the same. I can't reach the other side when using one hand sometimes and scaling down would help immensely

I know its possible on iOS because Ive seen it, just wish they'd make it official

cjp

Hmm, no iPad iOS enhancements yet. Wondering if they're saving them for the announce of new iPad Pro?

Edit: oh. Maybe this is it...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I don't want to hold a device in front of my face.

Apple Glasses when?

Top Bottom