• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

EmiPrime

Can someone point me to something that shows off Android notifications? I've never had an Android phone, so I'm curious how it's THAT much better than iPhone's.

I don't have the time to go into it in detail and this list isn't exhaustive but Android notifications are grouped by app, are quickly dismissible with a swipe, have a little app icon in the top bar so you know they're there and bringing down the shade doesn't take forever and doesn't fill the entire screen.

like I don't quite get how they work, you swipe down once, then you swipe up to get older notifications, but you can't swipe left or right to dismiss individual ones because it takes you to widgets or the camera.

*bangs head against desk*

Aiii

So not worth it
Can you post a screenshot please?
img_0827iwulb.png

jts

...hate me...
If it shows nothing must be a bug or an omission, unfortunately. Obviously there needs to be some sort of volume level indicator.

pronk420

Wow you can have an app like Files floating pip style over safari and still interact with both. You can drag and drop images from safari, scroll the page, I pressed the previous page on mobile Gaf and it worked, all while files was open and floating on top. Amazing.

Majine

Banned
I don't like how it automatically filters out what it considers "old" notifications, and I have to swipe up to get to them.

And I see nowhere in Settings to return to the way it used to be.

jts

...hate me...
I just realized the iPhone signal reception dots have been replaced with generic signal bars.

Hopefully it’s an oversight. I loved those dots.

The dots took a lot of room. Supposedly this is in anticipation for the iPhone 8 with the top bar cut out.

Team numerical value anyway.

Shit, so they actually think the Apple Music design is a good one and they're leaking it into all of their other apps.

The darkest timeline.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
High Sierra doesn't feel any different.

macOS just feels like a new lick of paint these past few years.
Does it render windows/transitions any faster, like they promised?

Shit, so they actually think the Apple Music design is a good one and they're leaking it into all of their other apps.

The darkest timeline.
It's a good design to use one handed. Note how everything important is placed towards the bottom of the screen rather than higher up.

Yeah, the new Notification Center is butt.

Swiping it down literally brings the lock screen down (except the phone is unlocked). Swiping up to dismiss it doesn’t work half the time because you now swipe up to see “older” notifications (which can be as much as two seconds old).

The only way to get it working right every time is to dismiss with the home button. Which is stupid.

So will apple sell last years model macbook on their site at a discounted price now? Looked around on there and didnt see anything.

If they haven't changed anything since I quit there last year, they should have all previous in-store models discounted for EOL(end of life) pricing. I would give them a quick call. It usually only knocks off $100 though.

subrock

I missed the first half hour of the State of the Union. Just got on the stream.

What did I miss?

Lots (worth watching again)

off the top of my head

- editor rewritten in swift and crazy fast
- awesome looking refactor controls in swift/obj-c
- Swift 4 goodies

Jigolo

Yeah, the new Notification Center is butt.

Swiping it down literally brings the lock screen down (except the phone is unlocked). Swiping up to dismiss it doesn’t work half the time because you now swipe up to see “older” notifications (which can be as much as two seconds old).

The only way to get it working right every time is to dismiss with the home button. Which is stupid.
submit the bug to apple

Top Bottom