• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

Which icons out of interest? Anyone got any pics?

m9hRvHp_d.jpg

App Store and iTunes offhand.

The File app is available on iPhone and not just iPad, for those wondering.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Might as well fit in a trip to Hong Kong for that (it's 495 over there for the same version)...

Would be nice if that meant that there's an Oyster/Octopus/Presto travelcard in Wallet.

£489 in Japan. Will just wait until next time we're over there

dc89

https://i.imgur.com/m9hRvHp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high[/img

App Store and iTunes offhand.

The File app is available on iPhone and not just iPad, for those wondering.[/QUOTE]

Coool. Don't really like the iTunes logo but I guess it can't stay a musical note as the store now offers more than just music.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm so jealous of that iPad dock. Makes me wish iPhone Plus had an option for a 5th column and 7th row. Just for one more icon in the dock. I'd even sacrifice the landscape home screen for the extra row and column. You could make the icons slightly smaller and avoid having to do that and I wouldn't care. The icons are big enough as it is, they can be smaller. As long as it's an option for the Plus. At the very least I wouldn't mind the rounded edges of the dock.

I look forward to the upcoming videos from DetroitBorg and EverythingApplePro. I want to see more of that Control Center and Notification Center stuff.

Aiii

So not worth it
New dock, new keyboard and new control center are all solid hits, well done Apple, love this update.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Tiny for a speaker meant to redefine the way I listen to music, yes. Don't know the google thing. I would never put something like that from google or Amazon into my living room

Redefine the way you listen to music? Too good for the google or amazon product? I can't tell who is joking or not in this thread anymore.

Wait, only within 60 days of purchase though.

Shit, this doesn't replace the standard AppleCare plan on Mac completely, does it? I was planning to get it for my Pro, but was waiting until closer to the end of my warranty. I'm already past 60 days of purchase.

It looks like it does replace it...

Majine

Banned
iPad multitasking is weird now.

You basically have to put apps you intend to multitask with in the dock, because that's the only place you can pull them in from.

Not sure if I like that...

So I only got to watch the keynote in bits as I did other work, but it looks like the iPad Pro is basically a tablet touch-screen Mac now, yeah?

We've got a Dock that can hold tons of apps now and be brought up at any time, apps can overlay one another and drag and drop into each other, there's a proper actual file system now, I'm sure lots of other things I missed (hell I'm still on a 1st Gen iPad and iPad Mini) but it looks like it's the actual half-way point between iOS and macOS?

Like all I kept thinking when they were showing off the new iPad features of iOS 11 was "Oh hey they finally made a touch-screen Mac computer".

I want one really bad but it's gonna be a while I think ;___;

In terms of processing power, you're lacking native 10-bit HEVC hardware decoding (the 4k/UHD Blu-ray standard) and there's a minor performance difference.

I use parallels a lot, Excel, Overleaf, SAS and other statistical software for my MSc Economics grade. Will this increase be noticeable, or just only if I do video editing and other?

Kayhan

Might get the top of the line Macbook Pro.

Do people like silver or space gray for color?

I have a silver 2013 Macbook Air.

To delete an app on iPad, you have to hold for a really long time because the brief hold before brings up the drag and drop ability.

Also, brightness settings keep going to dim on my iPhone and it’s annoying.

Sorry to ask this question since I'm sure its been answered numerous times, but:

Are the betas available yet? I signed up for the public beta program a while back but I'd love to screw around with the developer beta on my iPad.

How is that even possible? Apple please, just copy Android, nobody sane will think any less of you.

like I don't quite get how they work, you swipe down once, then you swipe up to get older notifications, but you can't swipe left or right to dismiss individual ones because it takes you to widgets or the camera.

I remember when AppleCare+ came out for the iPhone, you could still get the old plan by contacting support for a while. Hopefully you can do that here, or I'm gonna be pissed.

I guarantee you that will happen. I'm going to call about my current Mac and see if I can bump it up

like I don't quite get how they work, you swipe down once, then you swipe up to get older notifications, but you can't swipe left or right to dismiss individual ones because it takes you to widgets or the camera.

Yeah, the swipe up thing is dumb.

I’m hoping the non-response to left and right swipes is a bug because if not...ugh.

Aiii

So not worth it

Tap and hold, you get a nice preview and can then click through or remove. It is great, actually. Same on iPad now, too, finally.

Top Bottom