• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

XICEMAN

Neo Member
Cool. I'll stick with what I bought then.
It's a minor upgrade but "one week" it's still within max returning time for a purchase (at least in Europe)

Even if it's minor .. I would send it back an buy the newer model

The OLD apple even stopped the delivery of a BTO MacBook Pro I've bought (in transit by courier ) and send me the refreshed product announced after my purchase on the store (10 days of waiting time )

But again it was the apple driven by Steve ..

hirokazu

The specs for the 10" and 12" iPad Pros seems to be the same. Why should I get the 12" iPad Pro over the 10"? Do I need the 12" over the 10" for $150 more?
Bigger canvas size and I'd assume much longer battery. iPad Pro can run two full-size apps side-by-side. A shame they didn't reduce the bezels on it though.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm slightly dismayed with the amount of games that will seemingly disappear with iOS11. Stuff like Year Walk, Sailor's Dream, all of Cave's shooters, Monkey Island Remakes, Metal Slug games, Ridiculous Fishing. Even fairly recent releases like Fahrenheit and The Longest Journey are 32bit and marked for deletion. It sucks that so much is not updated yet, and who knows if it even will ever be.

Blackhead

Redarse
Group notifications by app? Is it back or not?

Nope.

they somehow seem to have made notifications even worse. I don't have notifications on my lockscreen at all and now they remove notification center and replaced with lockscreen only. Not sure how to configure my set up again

Ambitious

Nope.

they somehow seem to have made notifications even worse. I don't have notifications on my lockscreen at all and now they remove notification center and replaced with lockscreen only. Not sure how to configure my set up again

Good lord. What's wrong with them?

Seems like a lot of the design is geared towards a bezel-less screen. Nothing seems really "mounted" to the corners anymore, it's just rounded off on the corners and floating there. I like the look.

Ordered the new iPad 10.5". I really liked what they showed, granted most won't be available until iOS 11

DJKhaled

It's a minor upgrade but "one week" it's still within max returning time for a purchase (at least in Europe)

Even if it's minor .. I would send it back an buy the newer model

The OLD apple even stopped the delivery of a BTO MacBook Pro I've bought (in transit by courier ) and send me the refreshed product announced after my purchase on the store (10 days of waiting time )

But again it was the apple driven by Steve ..

Mine was BTO and bought last Wednesday on their website and still hasn't been shipped. I hope they do what they did for you.

Edit: my girlfriend purchased it for me in her name, would she need to ring up and ask if they can send the newer model? Or could I do it even though it's not in my name? She has bad phone anxiety so I doubt she'll ring up lol.

MercuryLS3

The new iPad Pro 10.5" looks great and finally Apple has made the OS more powerful on tablets with iOS 11. If it works as well as it looks in practice, I may ditch my laptop for one.

Water

I'm sooo surprised that Apple's entire desktop range continues to be a joke, they are selling a desktop without a SSD or even a hybrid drive at 1550 euros, and they have nothing whatsoever at any price for pro users needing graphics power.

Belker

I've been happily using my iPad Pro 9.7 for a little less than a year, yet these events always make me feel like my tech is outdated and I cannot be a happy fulfilled human being, neither productive nor creative, unless I get the new one.

giga

I'm sooo surprised that Apple's entire desktop range continues to be a joke, they are selling a desktop without a SSD or even a hybrid drive at 1550 euros, and they have nothing whatsoever at any price for pro users needing graphics power.

iMac Pro and eGPU? The Mac Pro is still coming next year if you need more.

I'm going to be interested in seeing what Apple does for 4K Netflix/UHD content support for their Skylake and older Macs.

Seriously considering going from a Skylake MacBook to a Coffee Lake MacBook if it means UHD support and some of the features from the iMac/iMac Pro/iPad Pro's screens trickle down. (120Hz, 10-bit, etc.)

I'm sure Intel will artificially hold some crucial feature back from Coffee Lake, however. AV1 codec acceleration support, perhaps?

hirokazu

Oh wow. I might actually do that. My dad bought the $1 50GB plan and I have the $3 200GB plan. But I don't use all that space. I might just let my dad use my 200GB. And let my mom in on it too.
Why can I find more information about this? Are they not launching this until September?

LeleSocho

Banned
Why the MacBook Pro doesn't get 10 bit displays? Shouldn't it achieving >90% DCI-P3 mean that is already capable of being that?

hirokazu

Hmmm idk if I should get a 27" iMac now or wait for the pro. Really kind of disappointed the pro is the same iMac form factor.
But we already know it's the same form factor? What's wrong with it? I'd be more mad that the RAM is no longer user-upgradeable as a result of the internal shuffle to improve heat management.

Yeah, the new Notification Center is butt.

Swiping it down literally brings the lock screen down (except the phone is unlocked). Swiping up to dismiss it doesn’t work half the time because you now swipe up to see “older” notifications (which can be as much as two seconds old).

The only way to get it working right every time is to dismiss with the home button. Which is stupid.
Send feedback! Betas are also about refinement to the design. You signed up to be a beta tester to be helpful to Apple and to whatever app you're developing, remember.
Testing the new Apple Music social stuff. Feel free to add me if you’re on iOS 11

https://itunes.apple.com/profile/InfinityTimesII
If there are collaborative playlists I'll jump over from Spotify.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm slightly dismayed with the amount of games that will seemingly disappear with iOS11. Stuff like Year Walk, Sailor's Dream, all of Cave's shooters, Monkey Island Remakes, Metal Slug games, Ridiculous Fishing. Even fairly recent releases like Fahrenheit and The Longest Journey are 32bit and marked for deletion. It sucks that so much is not updated yet, and who knows if it even will ever be.

The Cave stuff kills me. Those are GOAT apps.

I might actually hold off on updating, which is something I haven't needed to do in years (since Apple dropped Google Maps in their map app, and before Google rolled out their own app)

I find this annoying because they made a big deal about how old apps would nicely upscale to iPhone 6, etc... I get they are trying to promote active apps to upgrade to 64-bit already, but those older game apps getting caught in the crossfire is a shame.

Fhtagn

My iPad Air is staying on iOS 10 forever for this reason.

GG-Duo

I really hope Apple opens this up to 3rd party apps. I really don't like Apple music.

Yeah, I like Apple's stuff but Apple Music is bad.

But because they have Apple Music, they're weirdly allergic to letting others use certain APIs, therefore hobbling certain user experiences.

For example, why can't I use Siri with Spotify or Overcast?

Nope.

I don't understand how they can't get notifications right anymore and no one calls them on it, light years behind android and they have no intentions of drastically improving them.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Nope.

This seems to be a bug. I mean it can't possibly be supposed to work that way. Surely it'll be back to normal by Beta 2.

NYR

Just ordered an IPad Pro 10.5" 64 GB Space Grey.

Went with the 64 GB since I don't need the space and it costs more than $100 in Canada. I plan on keeping it for a year so not a big deal. My current iPad Air 2 has 12 GB free and I've never deleted an app in 6 years.

Blackhead

Redarse
I don't understand how they can't get notifications right anymore and no one calls them on it, light years behind android and they have no intentions of drastically improving them.

I was wearing an android wear watch paired with my iPhone because that was the only way to get grouped notifications on iOS 10. Not sure where to go with iOS 11. If the next Apple watch has LTE I might just abandon iPhone entirely for notifications

Garou

I'm a noob. Is this...safe?

Like, can I revert back?

If you have to ask, then this is not for you.
Beta doesn't mean "get the good stuff earlier", but rather "I am willing to put up with buggy software that might completely lose any data at any moment to help its makers fix bugs".

soldat7

If you have to ask, then this is not for you.
Beta doesn't mean "get the good stuff earlier", but rather "I am willing to put up with buggy software that might completely lose any data at any moment to help its makers fix bugs".

When I said noob, I really meant installing dev preview as opposed to public beta (been installing public betas for a long time). I went ahead and took the plunge :)

hirokazu

Urgh, why is the lock screen and widgets back to single column on iPad landscape view? What a waste of space. Gross.

Also, none of the third party cloud storage apps appear in the Files app yet. I assumed it'd just work using the existing APIs they were programmed against.

And I don't see peer-to-peer Apple Pay in Messages yet, so I guess it's not ready.

Jigolo

DBlWS6qUAAAdV7Z.jpg

This will be changed before launch, I hope. That's a huge chunk of wasted space and looks incredibly stupid under the settings and huge bolded font

Miyahon

Yeah this is still baffling as why they still use 5200 rpm laptop hard drives in their iMacs. Yes I know you can upgrade to a different model but the base model on both the regular 21.5 and 4K 21.5 still use it.

Top Bottom