• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

flyover

Well I ordered it from Amazon. How do I return it to them exactly? It's coming in today.

You're fine. Amazon has a 30-day return policy. You don't even have to return it unopened (I don't think), but it's probably nicer if you do. Look under your orders on your account page, and you should find instructions for returning it. You may be responsible for shipping fees (which they'll deduct from your credit), however, since it's not defective or the wrong item, etc.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
To put it mildly that was a very unwise decision. For the exact same price if you waited a few days you would have gotten a machine with a better CPU, better graphics card, and more ram. The one you bought is a year out of date.

I didn't know this conference existed! This is my first Apple product besides my iPod touch... *cries*

You're fine. Amazon has a 30-day return policy. You don't even have to return it unopened (I don't think), but it's probably nicer if you do.

Oh really? Great, I'll see what today has in store then. Thanks everyone for the help!

You're fine. Amazon has a 30-day return policy. You don't even have to return it unopened (I don't think), but it's probably nicer if you do. Look under your orders on your account page, and you should find instructions for returning it. You may be responsible for shipping fees (which they'll deduct from your credit), however, since it's not defective or the wrong item, etc.

Yep this is right.

Also, sweet icon flyover. Norway pavilion at Epcot. Very nice.

image.php

I really wish Apple would release a "Mac Pro Mini". I dont want to have to buy a new
Imac with an LCD everytime i need a new desktop-I have a monitor and i dont want to throw down 3000 bucks to get a tower i can easily upgrade the graphics card on...

flyover

Also, sweet icon flyover. Norway pavilion at Epcot. Very nice.

Thanks! I love the Maelstrom mural.

I'm interested to hear the price breakdowns of the new MBAs. Apple usually releases the new model at the old price, but that 9to5 article makes it sound like there may be three stock configurations instead of two, this year. (Or the third one is just the souped-up version of the second config.)

Sanjuro

Hm, people on Craigslist seem to be sellin theirs for 800-900.

I sold the last version of the MacBook for 750 2 years after it came out.

If they are on craigslist, then they aren't selling. That is the range. If you sell it to someone you know, can't find someone on craigslist or dealing with a pain in the ass, getting hit with eBay fees, etc. It's closer to $600.

Especially now with that model's price being dropped.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Looking forward to the new MacBook Pro(s).

My 2008 MBP has been on life support for the last 5 monts or so, and I don't know how long it's gonna last.

My finger is on the "Shut up and take my money" button.

SeanR1221

We'll see. I'll list it right after they announce new ones today and see what I can get for it. I wouldn't be happy at all with 600-750. That's a pretty terrible return on an apple product after a year, lowest depreciation of any apple product I've re-sold.

LCfiner

OK, I’m ready! I got my gaf and live blog tabs open. I got my beer, my salty snacks and my pants are down. let’s get serious!

TUSR

Banned
Looking forward to the new MacBook Pro(s).

My 2008 MBP has been on life support for the last 5 monts or so, and I don't know how long it's gonna last.

My finger is on the "Shut up and take my money" button.
Pre unibody 2008?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
OK, I’m ready! I got my gaf and live blog tabs open. I got my beer, my salty snacks and my pants are down. let’s get serious!

Experiencing these things at work sucks...no wanking to be had in public :/

bro1

Banned
I sold my Core 2 Duo White Macbook from early 2009 for $425 on ebay last month. These computers really hold on to their value. Replaced it with an iMac Quadcore with 20 gb of ram (installed an extra 16gb myself) for $1100. Might return it though depending on what they show today.

My Macbook was the last model released before they went unibody. It's a white model from 2006, and it actually out-speced the first unibody Macbooks by a tiny bit when those were released. But it is on its last legs now. It can't fully take advantage of new OS features (mostly the gesture based stuff) and the battery is starting to swell up. So I'm in the market for a new Mac. I use my iPad and iPhone for most things now, so I'm going to get an iMac this time around. It'll be great for use in the house I just moved into, and it will let me play Diablo 3.

Sanjuro

We'll see. I'll list it right after they announce new ones today and see what I can get for it. I wouldn't be happy at all with 600-750. That's a pretty terrible return on an apple product after a year, lowest depreciation of any apple product I've re-sold.

That still isn't bad for the re-sale of a used computer. For an Apple computer, yeah it's fairly low. If you have Applecare that would increase the value possibly.

bro1

Banned
My Macbook was the last model released before they went unibody. It's a white model from 2006, and it actually out-speced the first unibody Macbooks by a tiny bit when those were released. But it is on its last legs now. It can't fully take advantage of new OS features (mostly the gesture based stuff) and the battery is starting to swell up. So I'm in the market for a new Mac. I use my iPad and iPhone for most things now, so I'm going to get an iMac this time around. It'll be great for use in the house I just moved into, and it will let me play Diablo 3.

You can sell it still!

btkadams

nvm, i misread.

well, to not make this post useless, i'm really excited for details on these. i most likely won't upgrade, but i'm very curious as to how the new lineup will be.

By "base air" what are you referring to? I immediately figured that you meant an 11" Air that went for $999 a year ago. I would think $600-$750 would be pretty solid on that model a year on, particularly if the rumored price drop holds true.

For reference, I had hoped to sell my first gen iPad for more back in March when I upgraded to the New iPad. But by keeping the iPad 2 around, and cutting the price $100, it caused the resale of my old iPad to drop as well.

Viewt

I'd never sell my MacBook Pro (it's only 16 months old - 13" i7), but man, those retina displays are gonna make me uber jealous.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...o_announce_two_new_native_apps_for_ios_6.html

With today's unveiling of iOS 6, Apple will also introduce two new native applications for its mobile operating system, according to a new report.

Clayton Morris of Fox News wrote on Twitter Monday only hours before Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference that "multiple sources" have told him that Apple will show off "at least two new native iOS apps" today. He didn't provide any details on what those applications might be.

However, when asked by a user about whether one of the new applications will be a new version of Maps, Morris responded that "Maps is already there," signaling that it wouldn't qualify as a "new" application.

Multiple reports have indicated that Apple plans to abandon Google Maps for its native Maps application found in iOS. The latest version of Apple's mobile operating system, iOS 6, is expected to be publicly released later this year, but will be unveiled on Monday at WWDC 2012.

Most of the native applications found on the iPhone have been a part of the platform since day one, including the Safari browser, Clock, Weather, Camera, Photos, Calendar, Weather, Notes and YouTube. Some have been added with subsequent updates to the platform, such as the App Store, iTunes and Compass.

TUSR

Banned
I'm sure your 2006 MacBooks ram out specced the unibody MacBooks...

Chris R

Didn't sell my MBA yet, so I guess I'm not going to be able to turn it for a newer one with minimal loss now :( Oh well.

njean777

Most likely will end up returning my MBP for the upgraded one, I just got this thing a week ago. Oh well, forgot about WWDC.

Tobor

45 minutes! Hold on to your butts!

EDIT: The Verge has a new live blog system in place. Hopefully it stays up this time.

flyover

Under an hour left!

Going to take a shower & eat some lunch and then get my live blog tabs all set :p

Yep. Going to get an early lunch and then get the tabs ready. I've already been checking the iOS Dev Center, just in case the iOS 6 beta goes up early.

With WWDC and the England-France football match open in another tab, it's Christmas in June.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've got a 2009 macbook pro with 4Gb ram and 320Gb HDD but would love to upgrade to one of the new retina display models.

I hope pricing isn't too high.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to sell a mid 2007 24" iMac to a friend. 6gb ram otherwise in stock config. Is 600$ fair? It has never given me any issues.

Top Bottom