• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

giga

ibrxn8bNAZfhUq.gif

AvHh2ZxCQAAEKOZ.jpg:large

Tobor

I've got the Verge liveblog up on the iPad, and posting here on the iPhone. Who says iOS can't do true multitasking? :p

dream

In that case, GAF may be your best liveblog, honestly.

Edit:

Yep!

I was about to run home and grab an iPad or MacBook but I took a look at The Verge's new mobile liveblog system and it's...really not bad at all. It's nice and readable. I hope it's stable too.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
God yes...everyone get the Engadget liveblog up if you don't already.

Best interface ever. Hopefully the content comes just as smoothly/quickly as it did last time around. It seriously makes the wall of text style liveblogs look stupid to me.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Best interface ever. Hopefully the content comes just as smoothly/quickly as it did last time around. It seriously makes the wall of text style liveblogs look stupid to me.

That seems needlessly complex. Think I'll stick with GDGT.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I have verge and GAF on my iPad one. I don't even have to press anything to refresh between them because the 256mb ram makes you refresh every time you switch tabs anyway!

RubxQub

That seems needlessly complex. Think I'll stick with GDGT.

Keeps pictures flowing up top with multiple editors filling in the text below. Doing both in the same feed pushes content all over the place when a picture is posted.

*shrug* it's the bees-knees in my book.

dream

I just can't believe it took this long for someone to figure out how to make liveblogs mobile-friendly.

Ehh it's unnecessarily weird to navigate imo. Don't see the benefit.

OK, Engadget has crappy seats. They're too far back. Probably sticking with Verge or maybe GDGT.

Yeah, even when I scroll up/down with my arrow keys, it is ALSO changing the pictures. Not cool.

Edit: you can change the app to show the images in-line instead of at the top. Did that and now Engadget looks and functions much better.

RubxQub

Everyone in here loved it for the iPad announcement, at least. Maybe that's just because it was one of the few that actually kept working.

I just let it run, no need to navigate anything.

RubxQub

JackEtc

On The Verge's live blog right now. So excited to see stuff about the new MBPs, as it'll most likely be my laptop for college. Hopefully the prices stay the same!

RubxQub

Engadget/Verge/gdgt are my 3 of choice as always.

I want to emphasize the Verge, but they need to prove they can survive an Apple conference for its entirety without technical issues.

gdgt is always rock solid and quick.

JackEtc

Taking all the advice in here and loading up gdgt besides Verge. This is my first even where I'm not reading the live blog afterwards, and didn't know about Verge's instability. Hype.

Engadget/Verge/gdgt are my 3 of choice as always.

I want to emphasize the Verge, but they need to prove they can survive an Apple conference for its entirety without technical issues.

gdgt is always rock solid and quick.

Yep, and Engadget is the backup-backup.

Top Bottom