• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

Enco

apple-wwdc-2012-_1086.jpg

apple-wwdc-2012-_1089.jpg

Looks sweet in motion:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/omt-live

The bummer about all of this is that we are going to lose Streetview. I didn't use it much, but it was nice to have. This flyover thing is cool, but it won't be in every city, and it won't be in anything that isn't a major city.

SRG01

So how would crowd-sourced traffic work then? Do all the phones in an area work to send traffic data? How would it know you're in a car?

Seriously, Apple is fucking CRUSHING IT here. Competitors are going to be scrambling like never before.

The turn-by-turn maps looks AMAZING. Sell your Garmin/TomTom stock NOW!

BrettWeir

Fuck yes. With turn-by-turn finally on iOS, all the iPhone needs is a bigger screen and my Galaxy Nexus will get thrown in the trash.

Quick

Banned
Please release iOS6 today.

LCfiner

they haven’t shown how flyover can make navigation easier.

right now it’s just flashy.

oh wait, now they’re talking turn by turn. edit but it’s not a flyover integrated thing. nvm

Sanjuro

Ships tomorrow.

Meier

I don't give a shit about the 3D maps, I just hope this new version works as well as Google's and has mass transit directions/times too -- that's key for many folks. The turn-by-turn stuff is fantastic.

gcubed

its pretty obvious now why Google pulled that impromptu Maps thing that sucked. They needed to show their new 3D mapping because they stuff they do now is MILES behind this

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Seriously, Apple is fucking CRUSHING IT here. Competitors are going to be scrambling like never before.

The turn-by-turn maps looks AMAZING. Sell your Garmin/TomTom stock NOW!
seems like most of these things have been on other platforms. Anyway, its a nice list of features.

The Passcode app looks to be the best feature that i have seen.

Top Bottom