• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Now if only my iPhone could share it's GPS data with my iPad...

Only two more things I want today:

1) An Apple TV API.
2) New Mac Pros, so people stop bitching about that.

Of course, iLife updates would be nice. But that'll probably happen with the Mountain Lion release.

schnell

What's the difference between this new traffic thing and the traffic aspect of the current Maps app? I've always thought it worked pretty well, and is crowdsourced.

And I really hope iOS 6 comes out today!!!!

LCfiner

apple-wwdc-2012-_1107.jpg

Enco

Game center challenges.

Better app privacy (prevent contact access).

Completely new store.

Lost mode for find my iPhone (send phone number to call).

Phoenix

So how would crowd-sourced traffic work then? Do all the phones in an area work to send traffic data? How would it know you're in a car?

It doesn't need to. It just needs to get information that your phone is in motion and gauge the relative speed versus the traffic speed to infer that information. If the traffic pattern at that location is moving 15mph and you're doing 3 - it knows that you must be walking, but it can also marry that with other tracks in the area to get a good picture of what must be pedestrian traffic and what must be motorized traffic.

SRG01

Cause we never had it.

Yes, because many competitors (ie. Android) had Navigation for a while now.

I don't give a shit about the 3D maps, I just hope this new version works as well as Google's and has mass transit directions/times too -- that's key for many folks. The turn-by-turn stuff is fantastic.

Yeah, basically. I said the same thing when the 3D maps was rumored for Apple and also announced by Google. The 3D stuff is a sideshow compared to the actual maps data. As long as the data is accurate, no one really cares about the 3D stuff because it's not that useful on a day-to-day basis. Feature-wise, it is impressive.

I was going to get a Galaxy SIII

Now I really want an iPhone lol

When does the new iOS come out?

I'm pretty much in the same boat, I have some super outdated phone and now is the time for me to upgrade I feel as the phone is really starting to drag me down and just make my experience with it miserable. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait a few more months though until the next iPhone comes out.. Unless you guys think it isn't worth waiting that long for something that might not be a major major upgrade from the 4S. (any new smartphone blows away my current phone I'm sure haha).

Top Bottom