• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC14 Thread of iOS 8 and Mac OSX 10.10

Blackhead

Redarse
Macworld's annual feature requests roundups before WWDC

iOS 8 changes we'd like to see: Notification Center, Mail, Calendar and Reminders, Photos and Camera, Accessibility, Safari, FaceTime, Maps, Messages, Music, and The OS and Home screen.

10 for 10: 10 things we'd like to see in OS X 10.10

Listen up, Siri
Dropped connection
Mailing it in
Return of the QuickTime Pro
For your (multiple) displays only
Messages for you, sir
Find My Mac Friends
A folder for iCloud to call its own
Accounting for iCloud
Interface time

EmiPrime

It would be nice to see Apple improve their apps; there are so many that are either missing basic functionality compared to rivals or others that I have no idea why they even exist (Maps, iBooks, Game Center). The same goes for iCloud.

Not that it matters too much as Chrome, Adium, MS Office, Dropbox, Google Drive, VLC and the like work great on OS X. If nothing else I would like to see Mail.app get some love and for it to work perfectly with Gmail.

hypotc

I hope iOS8 will let me assign which days Do Not Disturb should turn on. I often forget to turn it off in the weekends, at parties etc, resulting in missed late night calls.

If they introduce Healthbook, will the app even be able to track everything on iPhone 5 and earlier phones?

Don't the 5S have a dedicated chip for steps etc.?

Yes the 5S has a "motion co-processor" which kinda went over looked, but it's actually pretty nice. It is always working so as long as the app you download supports it it can pull in data from before you even had the app installed. Also it's such low power use that it even keeps working if the battery "dies" (the phone shuts off before a battery ever truly dies) but it will continue recording your steps. I believe the motion co-processor handles other types of motion as well not just the pedometer, which is supposed to improve battery life over the main processor doing the work.

The thing I'm wondering is if they show off this healthbook app don't they kind of have to show the iWatch as well? Because all the rumors are pointing to the healthbook app working directly with the iWatch and the extra sensors that it supposedly has.

Would Siri on OS X really be that useful? I use Siri on my phone for 2 things: start a timer and directions home.

The thing I'm wondering is if they show off this healthbook app don't they kind of have to show the iWatch as well? Because all the rumors are pointing to the healthbook app working directly with the iWatch and the extra sensors that it supposedly has.

Not really, they can show manual entry (like weight) or demo a third party product. I'm sure come the September event, they'll demo iOS 8 + iPhone 6 + iWatch.

bionic77

Just found this thread (thanks Gamerloid). Right on time I think.

Is there an OT yet?

Hyped for iOS 8 and the new OS X. Pretty sure the later will remain free.

I don't expect any hardware announcements, but I'm looking forward to see how all those iHome rumors pan out. I don't think the iWatch is ready for prime time yet, but they might want to announce it early on like they did with the first iPhone, so who knows.

And please Apple, increase the 5GB free iCloud storage.
I wish iCloud was equal to the space on your phone or tablet. Or at least half of it.

5 gigs is nothing these days.

Once everything has come out (new iPads, new rMBP, new Apple TV, new iphone, and possible iwatch) I'm just going to grab $4,000, walk into an apple store, and go fucking wild.

I'm always hyped for tech announcements.

GWX

So excited. Last year I had to watch the stream in a terrible resolution (1mbps connection sure sucks), but I'll have 15mbps at my disposal this year... HD Craig Federighi, here I come! :lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whats up with Maps being called Plans.. is that a localization thing for a non NA region?

You can see watch utility and carplay on it, as well as itunes radio. Which makes me believe it to be more of a leak than someone using the leaked healthbook app design.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That also looks to be an iconographic representation of the watch in the upper right of the healthbook card stack.

You can see watch utility and carplay on it, as well as itunes radio. Which makes me believe it to be more of a leak than someone using the leaked healthbook app design.

it's the exact same info from the healhtbook mock up, it's identical.
and why would there be a CarPlay app?
fakey fake fake

That also looks to be an iconographic representation of the watch in the upper right of the healthbook card stack.

Right, because there's one in the web based health book mock up.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Well whoever animated it sure did a good job, it passes upon first impression.

Majine

Banned
What would be the point of moving iTunes Radio out of the music app? If you don't like it in the bottom row, you can just move it out of there, no?

What would be the point of moving iTunes Radio out of the music app? If you don't like it in the bottom row, you can just move it out of there, no?

Give it more visibility as a separate application, rather than hoping people see it as a part of the Music app

celebi23

Huh, if I change the user agent in chrome, I can watch the stream on my tv via chromecast :D I'm pumped. Got a day off and this should be fun :D

Juice

I'm eager for the keynote.

These days I use so few of apples OOTB apps that I should probably curb my enthusiasm

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I clock in at work 15 minutes before the keynote starts. :'[

celebi23

Just found this thread (thanks Gamerloid). Right on time I think.

Is there an OT yet?

Hyped for iOS 8 and the new OS X. Pretty sure the later will remain free.

I don't expect any hardware announcements, but I'm looking forward to see how all those iHome rumors pan out. I don't think the iWatch is ready for prime time yet, but they might want to announce it early on like they did with the first iPhone, so who knows.

And please Apple, increase the 5GB free iCloud storage.
This is the OT :p

kaskade

I forgot that the conference was on a Monday. I was thinking Tuesday for some reason. I am excited as that's sooner than I expected and I don't work tomorrow.

Quick

Banned
Mods in /r/mac are saying they've verified this as a legitimate leak for 10.10.

Fry-WigOut.gif

Dat design. Dat dock. Mixed bag of icons, though. I'm hoping those icons are just because it's beta, and we get something more consistent in the final build.

kaskade

Why the fuck can't people take a clear photo of a leak? It must just be some thing now to perpetuate it. If you get the chance to leak something you have to take an out of focus shot.

iMax

Calendar on the photos says March; pretty believable to me that things (especially icons) were unfinished by then.

Just thought I'd try and dissect these images a bit. Some points...

1. Why is GOOG's share price four digits? As far as I know, it's never crossed $650.
2. Why does the user have a song called "Title of the Song" by "Album Title" playing in iTunes?
3. Why would a Mac have an Airplane Mode button but no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth toggles, even though their menus are listed right below them?
4. Why is the Mac using a Mavericks wallpaper?

Guess Who

Banned
Just thought I'd try and dissect these images a bit. Some points...

1. Why is GOOG's share price four digits? As far as I know, it's never crossed $650.
2. Why does the user have a song called "Title of the Song" by "Album Title" playing in iTunes?
3. Why would a Mac have an Airplane Mode button but no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth toggles, even though their menus are listed right below them?
4. Why is the Mac using a Mavericks wallpaper?

My guesses:

1. Placeholder data for testing.
2. Placeholder data for testing.
3. I think there's toggles between Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb that are just hidden by the brightness and bad photo quality, but it's hard to tell.
4. It's months old and they didn't have a new default wallpaper yet.

iMax

My guesses:

1. Placeholder data for testing.
2. Placeholder data for testing.
3. I think there's toggles between Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb that are just hidden by the brightness and bad photo quality, but it's hard to tell.
4. It's months old and they didn't have a new default wallpaper yet.

Yeaaaah, I think a bad Photoshop is way more likely here.

Top Bottom