• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

smileypop

Neo Member
There is just so much of this game that was rushed, or the devs were lazy about. Like Luke Harper has the same taunt on all 4 spots It seems all the superstars move sets are half assed as well. I hate when they give a move to a wrestler that he has never done. I'd rather him not have the move at all. I'm already tired of seeing the same counters over and over. It would be nice to see what could have been if they released it 6 months later, or even skipped a year. Also the ratings of the superstars are blowing my mind. The Uso's are rated higher than Ziggler? Darren Young is only 1 point below Ziggler? No one is under 80?

Out of curiosity I was looking for a Sting code on eBay and for some reason people want $20US for postage.... to email a code to me lol. :

I think eBay is borking something and adding the charge for 'international shipping' itself.

If it's by the seller it's probably because people can't get returns on shipping costs.

Does anyone know if we can download character alts and set them as an alternate attire? I see people are updating Ambrose, Rollins, Brock, and others with their current attire. Just curious if these are treated as totally separate characters or not.

Does anyone know if we can download character alts and set them as an alternate attire? I see people are updating Ambrose, Rollins, Brock, and others with their current attire. Just curious if these are treated as totally separate characters or not.

You can, but I think you have to do it yourself. When you use the Superstar edit feature, I think it's in My creation section, you can edit the character's attire and then when you go to 'details' you can save it as an additional attire instead of a new character.

I played a couple matches and I'm enjoying it. I feel like the hits feel heavier than previous years and the movement and transitions are so smooth. I do like the whole chain wrestling thing as well. Yeah there are some modes and such missing but it's not a gamebreaker for me. Though triple threat TLC would have been great since that's the only mode my friends and I play.

The only thing that sucks is that I have yet to kick out of a pin =\.

Also, anyone have a Sting code for PS4 they want to offload? :p

you making fun of me with that OT

yall should be making fun of yourself

8NLcl5I.jpg

atomico

The autosaving is kinda broken on XONE. Game asks me to accept the EULAs every time I start it up, and My Showcase progress gets reset.

beanman25

Played a couple of matches while its installing before bed. Lots of fun!

Can't wait to try tomorrow with the game fully installed.

PartyChan

i'm having fun with the game so far.

i like the pacing, maybe it could be sped up just a tad.

the new subtle/stamina animations are awesome.

the chain grappling mini game isn't too intrusive

the graphics are very good, but not great. i am somewhat spoiled by EA UFC, but then again, that is an engine made to handle just 3 characters at max on screen for gameplay.

for a transitional year, i believe a 7-7.5 is justified.

can't wait for the next one.

p.s. i bought the deluxe digital. never again. that d/l took forever even with my decent internet speed. i left my ps4 on standby before work this morning to d/l and for whatever reason, when i got home about 7 hours later, it had barely d/l'ed 11gb from the initial 4 since launch on midnight.

adj_noun

After a training session at the Performance Center the screen went black and the game started cycling through all of Bill DeMott's "yelling at you" lines over and over again.

I...I think I saw a glimpse of wrestling hell.

dreamfall

After a training session at the Performance Center the screen went black and the game started cycling through all of Bill DeMott's "yelling at you" lines over and over again.

I...I think I saw a glimpse of wrestling hell.

Bahaha, that's brilliant!

Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to work the chain grapple mini game on offense? Like I'll be in the advantageous position, I'll hit Strike a couple times, and then it'll go into the analog stick section. Am I supposed to ensure it doesn't go red, by keeping things blue? I understand Defense, but not so much offense.

Hasney

Bahaha, that's brilliant!

Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to work the chain grapple mini game on offense? Like I'll be in the advantageous position, I'll hit Strike a couple times, and then it'll go into the analog stick section. Am I supposed to ensure it doesn't go red, by keeping things blue? I understand Defense, but not so much offense.

No, going completely against regular colour usage, you want to make yours red. It's the "hot-spot" so hold it there.

dreamfall

No, going completely against regular colour usage, you want to make yours red. It's the "hot-spot" so hold it there.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I feel like an idiot in these mini game exchanges- we're just twirling back and forth, with a punch here and there!

I did find a good hairy chest logo online. Still looking for the arms/legs.

Am I crazy or is there no way to add any search keys or a name to the logo when you upload it?

It's hard to search for what you want.

Striker

What did 2K do to the online lobbies? This background matchmaking thing is awful and not very user-friendly. Favorites selection screen and so forth. What were they thinking? Gameplay wise I don't have much of an issue with so far.

Downhome

I learned years ago to not bother buying these games at release date, if I ever buy it at all anymore. It's almost always $29.99 just a few weeks/months later, by the end of the year.

I enjoyed the game last year, with the WM moments. That said, I may just hold out until they finally get it "right". I have bought every major wrestling game since, well, since the WrestleMania game on the old NES. Yes, I have purchased pretty much all of them. Heck, if they count I also had the old Pro Wrestling and MUSCLE as well. Blah, I was really looking forward to a next-gen wrestling game too.

atomsk

Party Pooper
So I got up this morning and turned on the PS4 to the "cannot upload save file to cloud"

... it's 872.5mb

Well that explains the small CAW limit, for fucks sake. COMPRESSION. LEARN IT.

So I got up this morning and turned on the PS4 to the "cannot upload save file to cloud"

... it's 872.5mb

Well that explains the small CAW limit, for fucks sake. COMPRESSION. LEARN IT.

Pretty much what I was expecting.

NBA 2k14 had a huge file size as well.
Same goes with WWE 13.

Yukes and 2k are the perfect marriage.

Rapstah

What's in the save file? Showcase progression should take absolutely no space, and Universe and myCareer stuff should really not take too much either, so it basically has to be CAW data, right?

What's in the save file? Showcase progression should take absolutely no space, and Universe and myCareer stuff should really not take too much either, so it basically has to be CAW data, right?

Yup. It's going to be CAW data.

Also, anyone else have a fun time going through the recently added stuff in Community Creations? A lot of freaky faces staring back at you.

Hasney

Damn. If it's not uploading, that's going to be a pain. Lots of people on PS4 are complaining about lost Showcase progression.

jtrov

It definitely sucks seeing so much content missing from the current gen version, because I'm really enjoying the gameplay a lot more than the past games. I love the stamina system and the deliberate pace of the matches.

Even with the many shortcomings in this iteration I've been enjoying the hell out of the Universe mode. Which is always my most played aspect of these games since they introduced it and I feel this version is a lot more enjoyable due to the new stamina system.

I just had an awesome moment where I was supposed to have a Rivalry Match between Ziggler and Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship. However, before our first match could begin, Rusev storms in during Kingston's intro and knocks him out, and proceeds to walk down the ramp. The match starts and Rusev enters the ring, and as Ziggler I couldn't do any damage to Rusev (got maybe two strikes off that had no affect on him), and he did about three strike moves, and then pinned me for the win. The match lasted no longer than 30 seconds, and the bar to kick out was at it's smallest point. So now the rivalry has changed from Kingston to Rusev for the belt.

Missing the story creator sucks indeed, but the randomness of their new story pieces has been really enjoyable so far this year. I haven't run into any weird issues with it yet.

Overall I'm definitely enjoying the single-player aspect of the game quite a bit.

It definitely sucks seeing so much content missing from the current gen version, because I'm really enjoying the gameplay a lot more than the past games. I love the stamina system and the deliberate pace of the matches.

Even with the many shortcomings in this iteration I've been enjoying the hell out of the Universe mode. Which is always my most played aspect of these games since they introduced it and I feel this version is a lot more enjoyable due to the new stamina system.

I just had an awesome moment where I was supposed to have a Rivalry Match between Ziggler and Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship. However, before our first match could begin, Rusev storms in during Kingston's intro and knocks him out, and proceeds to walk down the ramp. The match starts and Rusev enters the ring, and as Ziggler I couldn't do any damage to Rusev (got maybe two strikes off that had no affect on him), and he did about three strike moves, and then pinned me for the win. The match lasted no longer than 30 seconds, and the bar to kick out was at it's smallest point. So now the rivalry has changed from Kingston to Rusev for the belt.

Missing the story creator sucks indeed, but the randomness of their new story pieces has been really enjoyable so far this year. I haven't run into any weird issues with it yet.

Overall I'm definitely enjoying the single-player aspect of the game quite a bit.

I'm finding the matches are really short on the default settings but I am enjoying the gameplay otherwise.

Yeah, this is NHL 15 all over again for me. It's gutted for content but it's probably my favourite gameplay franchise was in years.

Once I'm done with Showcase I will be bumping this up to Legendary and playing with sliders to get things just right.

jtrov

I'm finding the matches are really short on the default settings but I am enjoying the gameplay otherwise.

Yeah, this is NHL 15 all over again for me. It's gutted for content but it's probably my favourite gameplay franchise was in years.

Once I'm done with Showcase I will be bumping this up to Legendary and playing with sliders to get things just right.

Yeah since WWE 2k14 (due to the shitty reversal system being to predictable) I've enjoyed playing it on Legendary with all of the HUD notifications off except for pins and submissions. I find this really fun to do in the current gen version because you can now visually see the momentum and damage done more clearly than before. I also find that this momentum setting is the new "match pace", and you can create some really short matches or some awesome long PPV style matches depending on the setting.

I agree 100% about this being NHL 15 all over again. Easily the best gameplay of the iterations, but sorely lacking content, but what was missing didn't affect me in since the only mode I play every year is Franchise / Be A GM.

Either way it's been extremely fun seeing how my Universe is playing out week to week. Ashamed to say it, but after being so fucking hype for GTA V's re-release, I've actually put way more time into 2K15 so far lol.

JdFoX187

Banned
So the online interface is complete shit this year? EXTREMELY disappointing, considering that's why I buy these games every year.

Yeah, I got lucky with NHL 15. The modes that were cut weren't ones I invested too much time in. I still sympathize with those that loved modes like EASHL.

With WWE 2k15, I was hit pretty hard by the lack of Diva support and Create an Arena. Also, a lot of the create options in Entrance and Create a Superstar are disappointing as well.

Still, I'm managing to have some fun with it.

So the online interface is complete shit this year? EXTREMELY disappointing, considering that's why I buy these games every year.

I don't usually play online but I took a look at it. I have no idea how it's supposed to work. It's like the three shells of online matchmaking.

Hasney

Talking to people, my MyCareer might be bugged. No-one has spent 20 matches on Main Event only being offered Dark and Tune-Up matches.

Hope not, or I can never export the nWo Gimp...

Yeah since WWE 2k14 (due to the shitty reversal system being to predictable) I've enjoyed playing it on Legendary with all of the HUD notifications off except for pins and submissions. I find this really fun to do in the current gen version because you can now visually see the momentum and damage done more clearly than before. I also find that this momentum setting is the new "match pace", and you can create some really short matches or some awesome long PPV style matches depending on the setting.

I agree 100% about this being NHL 15 all over again. Easily the best gameplay of the iterations, but sorely lacking content, but what was missing didn't affect me in since the only mode I play every year is Franchise / Be A GM.

Either way it's been extremely fun seeing how my Universe is playing out week to week. Ashamed to say it, but after being so fucking hype for GTA V's re-release, I've actually put way more time into 2K15 so far lol.

Same here. I started GTA V's install last night and got bored at 25%, stopped it, and jumped back into 2K15.

I haven't even delved into MyCareer or Universe yet.

I agree that the matches on default seem short. It helps to use the slow momentum speed and mix up the sliders a bit. I seem to have found a good balance for myself on Hard where I'm having competitive matches and occasionally losing.

The gameplay really is very good though.

hlhbk

Considering that the only reason I have played the WWE games the last 2 years was for the attitude era story mode and wrestlemania story mode and I am a huge HBK and CM Punk fan I really love the story mode/game this year. I also love the pacing and the fact both guys look like they have gone through a war by the end of the match.

Sephzilla

Reading this thread i've waffled back and forth on whether or not i'm going to get this because some of the stuff i'm hearing (stamina system, etc) do sound interesting. However the "create-a" side of these games have always been the selling point to me, so I'm going to save myself the buyers remorse and wait until 2k16

Hasney

The in-ring gameplay is fun once you get the sliders right. if they patch in the matches that aren't in the menus, I could recommend people to pick this up as high as $40.

The two showcase modes included with the game just aren't doing it for me this year. I guess I prefer the modes that showcase an era as opposed to a specific rivalry.

Top Bottom