• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Hasney

Ah, that's pretty ace for the EAS stuff then.

Shame none of the options seem to carry over to Career mode. I never want to hear Hugh Morris ever again.

GravyButt

Anyone able to get accelerator to work on ps4? Have digital delux and it shows season pass as installed but when i go to unlockables theres no option to unlock all.

Anyone able to get accelerator to work on ps4? Have digital delux and it shows season pass as installed but when i go to unlockables theres no option to unlock all.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything for the accelerate as well.

FYI, it does seem the commentary slider just works for commentary.

That's great.

They devoted an entire menu option to Gameplay Manual. If you click on it you are just given a link to the website.

lol

Samus4145

Yeah, I haven't seen anything for the accelerate as well.

FYI, it does seem the commentary slider just works for commentary.

That's great.

They devoted an entire menu option to Gameplay Manual. If you click on it you are just given a link to the website.

lol

Pretty sure you have to wait till the store updates for the accelerator etc.

atomsk

Party Pooper
gamestop reaaaaally wanted me to buy the season pass

or as they kept saying DO YOU WANT THE SHOWCASE? IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET PAIGE

I. don't. care.

Hasney

gamestop reaaaaally wanted me to buy the season pass

or as they kept saying DO YOU WANT THE SHOWCASE? IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET PAIGE

I. don't. care.

Fucking animal.

PAIGE. Go buy it now.

Yeah, it is a really shady way to get people to buy it, especially with such a weak diva roster anyway

Purexed

Banned
How the hell do you play online in this game (XBONE)? I have the background matchmaking on, but nothing is really going on...

My stream of conscious impressions after a few hours of exhibition match play last night.

Graphics look great, everything runs smoothly.

The game definitely feels a lot slower and more methodical. It's a bit jarring at first if you've played a lot of 2K14.

The chain-grappling mini-game is fine. I enjoy how it slows down the start of each match like real life. I'd like to see it expanded with more positions and options, though.

Stamina is a cool addition. Love dat crawling mechanic.

Not quite sure how to access all of the moves in the movesets now. I haven't figured out the differences between strong grapples, weak grapples, grab grapples...I mostly end up doing suplexs and backbreakers.

A bit disappointed that they got rid of the match pacing. I liked doing Epic matches and not sure just slowing down the momentum speed is enough to recreate that big match feel. Is the resiliency attribute gone? I didn't see very many late match nearfalls.

I played Rey Mysterio vs Big Show and there are some cool weight detection additions and tweaks. You can't really knock down Show with strikes, he sort of shrugs them off. It was a pretty decent match overall.

I need to mess around with the slider setting some, but so far, the game seems pretty easy to me. I'm not losing as much as I did in 2K14 where I played on Hard. Didn't have much trouble beating Show with Rey on Legend, with the reversal indicators turned off.

Overall, it definitely feels like year one of something new, with both positives and negatives.

Looking forward to delving into some of the other modes tonight.

does anyone have an Sting code?
Or Hogan?

I got two cheesburgers man!!!

I am not going to lie guys. I have not been feeling well. It would really bring a smile to this childs face if I can play as my hero Sting. That is why I ask. Just very ill.

Hasney

does anyone have an Sting code?
Or Hogan?

I got two cheesburgers man!!!

I am not going to lie guys. I have not been feeling well. It would really bring a smile to this childs face if I can play as my hero Sting. That is why I ask. Just very ill.

B2vaRHlIgAAj4OF.jpg:large

Thats great!!!

Ohhh its hard for me to keep my eyes open. Slipping in and out of consciousnnnnnn.

Oh man that was scary. Well If anyone would like to help this boy realize his dream I would for ever be in your debt.

A Hogan code would be amazing too.

Thinking about picking this up after work, I really want to wait for pc version..but damnit I got an itch to play it despite all the bad things about it...it's a case of should I? Or shouldn't? Help me!

The commentary in Showcase is miles better than the regular exhibition commentary. I understand that it is easier because they are calling specific events, but it flows a lot better.

Thinking about picking this up after work, I really want to wait for pc version..but damnit I got an itch to play it despite all the bad things about it...it's a case of should I? Or shouldn't? Help me!

Go for it. There is no assurance that a PC version even exists other than a few less than reputable listings and that one Network photo that could have been a mistake. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but we don't know. So I'd recommend buying it now.

My stream of conscious impressions after a few hours of exhibition match play last night.

Graphics look great, everything runs smoothly.

The game definitely feels a lot slower and more methodical. It's a bit jarring at first if you've played a lot of 2K14.

The chain-grappling mini-game is fine. I enjoy how it slows down the start of each match like real life. I'd like to see it expanded with more positions and options, though.

Stamina is a cool addition. Love dat crawling mechanic.

Not quite sure how to access all of the moves in the movesets now. I haven't figured out the differences between strong grapples, weak grapples, grab grapples...I mostly end up doing suplexs and backbreakers.

A bit disappointed that they got rid of the match pacing. I liked doing Epic matches and not sure just slowing down the momentum speed is enough to recreate that big match feel. Is the resiliency attribute gone? I didn't see very many late match nearfalls.

I played Rey Mysterio vs Big Show and there are some cool weight detection additions and tweaks. You can't really knock down Show with strikes, he sort of shrugs them off. It was a pretty decent match overall.

I need to mess around with the slider setting some, but so far, the game seems pretty easy to me. I'm not losing as much as I did in 2K14 where I played on Hard. Didn't have much trouble beating Show with Rey on Legend, with the reversal indicators turned off.

Overall, it definitely feels like year one of something new, with both positives and negatives.

Looking forward to delving into some of the other modes tonight.

Isn't match pacing still in? I swear I saw it.

Also, EC matches are a very cerebral experience when you start as the first man in. You really need to think about preserving stamina.

Isn't match pacing still in? I swear I saw it.

Also, EC matches are a very cerebral experience when you start as the first man in. You really need to think about preserving stamina.

You can change the momentum settings to fast, normal and slow on the match screen where match pacing used to be.

I'm not sure if it works the same way though. The epic setting made sure that everyone took less damage so it took at least two finishers to end a match.

HT UK

I'm disappointed they didn't put Rollins/Ambrose new themes on the disc for those creating their new attires. They're probably gonna be the most common two CAW slots.

Hasney

I'm sure Harper/Rowan had new themes after they did as well. Only problem is, they'd have to have had retro versions because Shield are a fairly big part of Showcase.

bsnakes12

Neo Member
People saying this game is a trainwreck are just completely wrong. People obsessed with creating everything down to the the last detail are going to be pissed probably, but most of the stuff that's been taken out has been known for awhile now. I like downloading community stuff sometimes but I almost never use the CAW stuff or anything else like that, I just like playing matches and trying to do fun moves.

The controls take some getting used to, and the online manual they claim is on the website is no more than the crappy one page of controls that comes with every game now. So it takes some trial and error to figure out how to do some things that aren't 100% spelled out for you.

As far as the actual gameplay and matches go which almost nobody is mentioning then I think it's pretty great so far after maybe 6 or 7 matches in showcase mode. For people that just want to use the creation suite and simulate matches, wait until next year.

I think showcase mode is pretty fun and I'll definitely be using universe mode a lot as well as just playing random exhibition matches. The in game gameplay is miles better than it has been and I think people who just want to play a wrestling game and not get obsessed with what's missing from last year will have a good time.

Hasney

For those who want multiplayer with 3 friends, wait until next year too, because that big ass list of matches is still MIA.

I've given up on Universe again. It is pretty much the same as last year again, but with rivalries you can select and more submission matches happening in one year than the history of the WWE. Also, I'm not sure how my career guy is getting over as a face with a mostly low blow oriented offence.

Hasney

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but if you create a wrestler outside of MyCareer, can you set his stats to whatever you want?

Not whatever, there are limits based on your weight limit like past years, but it's a lot higher than what your career can start with.

smileypop

Neo Member
Wow, I knew the CAW options were limited but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. I guess the 20 CAW save spots really doesn't matter when you can't really create much in the first place. CAW's were a huge part of this series for me, so if you are into that be prepared to be disappointed. If all you want to do is play with WWE superstars it's an ok game, but far from great. I like the idea of the stamina system, but it needs to be implemented better. I think that's the common theme of this whole game. They have a lot of ideas but nothing is executed properly at all.

Zach

People saying this game is a trainwreck are just completely wrong. People obsessed with creating everything down to the the last detail are going to be pissed probably, but most of the stuff that's been taken out has been known for awhile now. I like downloading community stuff sometimes but I almost never use the CAW stuff or anything else like that, I just like playing matches and trying to do fun moves.

The controls take some getting used to, and the online manual they claim is on the website is no more than the crappy one page of controls that comes with every game now. So it takes some trial and error to figure out how to do some things that aren't 100% spelled out for you.

As far as the actual gameplay and matches go which almost nobody is mentioning then I think it's pretty great so far after maybe 6 or 7 matches in showcase mode. For people that just want to use the creation suite and simulate matches, wait until next year.

I think showcase mode is pretty fun and I'll definitely be using universe mode a lot as well as just playing random exhibition matches. The in game gameplay is miles better than it has been and I think people who just want to play a wrestling game and not get obsessed with what's missing from last year will have a good time.

That'll be $3.99, sir.

So the game keeps crashing at the beginning of my Career mode. I make my circa 2000 garbage bag pants indie wrestler and the game crashes when I'm done. Its happened 3 times now. I'm on Xbox One, not sure if that matters.

Hasney

Fucks sake, it's so hard to be a heel in career. Got a big boost by retaining the NXT title by DQ, but now I can't do anything. Even bought the shitty expose turnbuckle skill and nothing. I have so many low blows, hell, my finisher is the testicular claw.

Going to have to get a manager so I can use weapons.

Had a really good match between Sting and Big Show.

Thought I had him beat with the Deathdrop and he kicked out at 2.9. Hit me with a spear a minute later and 1-2-3.

The sweet spot on the pin meter is harder to hit this year, unfortunately. Hopefully I can adjust. It's one thing to lose off a finisher, but it sucks to get pinned early off a hip toss or something.

atomsk

Party Pooper
hoping the PS4 accelerator goes up before I have to film some stuff tonight.

I know that makes me part of the problem, but the alternative is actually having to play a bunch of the game... and well... yeah

fixed for more probably accuracy

I see 2K getting more and more involved going forward. I think they've kept Yukes around out of necessity at this point just because they couldn't rebuild the whole game in a year. That is why there is a mix of old and new all over the game. Old and new animations. Old and new commentary. They rebuilt a lot, but they can't do it all in such a short development time. What they should do is move the game to a spring release so they can use the NBA 2K VC team more. But I the way the game has changed this year (Much slower pace, graphical overhaul, etc.) I think it's obvious that 2K has a much bigger footprint this year and I see it only getting bigger going forward.

Sephzilla

I see 2K getting more and more involved going forward. I think they've kept Yukes around out of necessity at this point just because they couldn't rebuild the whole game in a year. That is why there is a mix of old and new all over the game. Old and new animations. Old and new commentary. They rebuilt a lot, but they can't do it all in such a short development time. What they should do is move the game to a spring release so they can use the NBA 2K VC team more. But I the way the game has changed this year (Much slower pace, graphical overhaul, etc.) I think it's obvious that 2K has a much bigger footprint this year and I see it only getting bigger going forward.

i honestly hope you're right

Hasney

Zeb still hasn't distracted anyone, it's not on controls and the manual won't download. Anyone know how to make them distract?

I don't see how 2K having more of an impact is a good thing myself with the decisions they've already took on this game. Make no bones about it, they made the call to gut the last gen game to put it on par with the features of the current gen. They also gave the green light for the game to ship with several matches unselectable that are in the game. It's not been a good first impression of 2ks first full year, that's for sure.

Top Bottom