• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Georome

The best / worst part of this game is that "Sad but True" knockoff they have on the soundtrack.

I feel confused every time I hear it

Oh god, thank you. It was driving me crazy wondering what song that reminded me of. It's all coming back to me now...

HEY!
HEY!
I'm your life...

Rapstah

You guys talking about Sad But True ripoffs made me think there was Avenged Sevenfold in the game's soundtrack but because Cena likes rap I'm assuming it's a Wiz Khalifa song ripping off Metallica instead.

When majority of your posts in this topic is mostly begging for a sting code, guess what happens? You get nothing. I do have a sting preorder code for ps3 and ps4. PS3 I can give away but for the PS4 I'd sell it for you for a price.

If roles were reversed I would not charge you for it. It be an honor to help a fellow Gaffer.

I had that same wacky jumping move issue in the 2K Showcase chamber. Still can't get that damn thing and THAT IS A LONG FUCKING MATCH to redo.

Hasney

Oh for fucks sake, that was a fun feud ruined by the end. I beat Bryan and end his streak (again) and after cheap shotting him at the start and going full heel on the slide before the match. Cheated my way to win, even beat up the ref and then after the match me and Bryan shook hands and did the yes chant in the middle of the ring.

Still heel on the next screen.

Jamie OD

Oh for fucks sake, that was a fun feud ruined by the end. I beat Bryan and end his streak (again) and after cheap shotting him at the start and going full heel on the slide before the match. Cheated my way to win, even beat up the ref and then after the match me and Bryan shook hands and did the yes chant in the middle of the ring.

Reality Era. Shades of Grey!

Fox318

Right, I can't hot a top rope move to a grounded opponent outside the ring. I thought it was the occasional bug, but I've just realised that I've never hit one.

OrderlyUnluckyBooby.gif

Also, after this match, I got a scene straight out of Create-A-Story

Imagine this as a real spot

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I still can't believe how much of a one step forward two steps back situation the Superstar Edits feature is. Like, how in the hell did they think not being able to assign the edited attires as alternates would be a good idea? I mean for fuck's sakes, we can't even edit existing attires because of this crap. Ugh.

Georome

I still can't believe how much of a one step forward two steps back situation the Superstar Edits feature is. Like, how in the hell did they think not being able to assign the edited attires as alternates would be a good idea? I mean for fuck's sakes, we can't even edit existing attires because of this crap. Ugh.

Huh? You can use edited attires as alternates. In one of the menus there is an option that says "use as alternate?"

Bryan's just such a nice guy your character couldn't bring himself to turn on him again.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Huh? You can use edited attires as alternates. In one of the menus there is an option that says "use as alternate?"
Really? It's always greyed out for me though and places the new attire as a separate created character. Oh God, please this be user error on my part.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Looks like you can save the edited attires as alternates after all. :O

Didn't realize that I had to select an option under personal info during creation process.

Man... Now that 2K has the WWE license I hope the next version of this game gets a PC port. It has been years since a WWE game has been released on PC.

The WWE Network roster reveal showed PC version artwork, but nothing was officially announced.

Here's a funnier phantom pedigree screen -

Rapstah

"Hey Shawn, is this how you do it when you have sex with all those women? Oh sorry Shawn, forgot about the Born Again thing. I'm honestly sorry, Shawn. No Shawn, we've all moved on since 1997. I'm glad too Shawn, I'm glad too."

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't go with "beautiful" personally.

Dumb, you can take a screenshot of a tv show mid motion and the actors look goofy, or a beatiful girl can have a photo taken of her at the wrong time and she looks terrible....same applies to a random non-direct screencap of a videogame. tired of ppl pointing out things to bitch about and not even acknowledge the things this game does right. the character models they got right are absolutely amazing.

Dumb, you can take a screenshot of a tv show mid motion and the actors look goofy, or a beatiful girl can have a photo taken of her at the wrong time and she looks terrible....same applies to a random non-direct screencap of a videogame. tired of ppl pointing out things to bitch about and not even acknowledge the things this game does right. the character models they got right are absolutely amazing.

I spent 3,600 words talking about the game and didn't even list ALL of the game's flaws. What do you mean non-direct screencap? They're all taken directly from the game with a capture card, and I could throw more up from my PS4 - just haven't found a free thumb drive to throw them on. In the case of Cena, he looks like Willie after he asked Lunchlady Dorris to GREASE ME UP, WOMAN!

GravyButt

The in-ring gameplay is fun once you get the sliders right. if they patch in the matches that aren't in the menus, I could recommend people to pick this up as high as $40.
Got any suggestions for sliders? Im loving it so far. But just playing on default difficulty untill I get familiar. As of now most my matches are to short, and the ai is iffy on aggression. Sometimes they do a lot some a little. but I want a lot less reversing. Any tips for sliders?

So I got up this morning and turned on the PS4 to the "cannot upload save file to cloud"

... it's 872.5mb

Well that explains the small CAW limit, for fucks sake. COMPRESSION. LEARN IT.

That's been a thing with Yuke's since at least SvR2011, it's fucking ridiculous, top it off they copy protect the file so you can't copy them to a flash drive or anything, at least they did the last time I bought one of these damn games in 2012. Until I had to format my PS3's HDD I kept getting the damn message about PS+ being unable to upload a save because I didn't expect them to have multiple huge save files, they did the same goddamn thing with their UFC games so I lost my saves and created fighters for that too.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I've been trying to make a friend of mine in the CAW system, and trying to use a real photo as the face is a fucking nightmare. Burning through my downloads for the day just trying different things in GIMP and then importing over and over... he still looks like he had a face transplant... or was in some horrible fire.

Works good for t-shirt logos, custom glasses, etc.

I'll have to get him to send a better pic or some shit, I don't know

I also wish the color picker would just let you punch in the Hex... pain in the ass just to make some beige khakis

I've been trying to make a friend of mine in the CAW system, and trying to use a real photo as the face is a fucking nightmare. Burning through my downloads for the day just trying differing things in GIMP and then importing over and over... he still looks like he had a face transplant... or was in some horrible fire.

Works good for t-shirt logos, custom glasses, etc.

I'll have to get him to send a better pic or some shit, I don't know

I also wish the color picker would just let you punch in the Hex... pain in the ass just to make some beige khakis

Poor guy must have gotten his face transplant done in Mexico.

JdFoX187

Banned
Holy shit, this fucking "background matchmaking," what the FUCK were they thinking? I mean, seriously? You can't fucking create lobbies? You have to sit on your fucking thumbs waiting for a game to come up, only for the guys to back out at the last second? Holy shit, this is quite possibly the worst interface I've seen in a modern AAA game.

JdFoX187

Banned
*Sitting and waiting for a matchmade match with Striker*
*Screen pops up offering match*
Me: "You get one?"
Striker: "Nope."
*Cancels and keeps waiting*

Fucking stupid. How the hell did they think this was a good idea? It's like having a Battlefield game without prematch squads. Who would do such a thing? Oh.

EDIT:

*Another screen pops up*
Striker: "I just got one."
Me: #$^!

EDIT:

Five minutes later...

We both get an invite...

Striker: "Hey, it finally worked."
Me: "..."

And why the FUCK is Dolph Ziggler so low?

*Sitting and waiting for a matchmade match with Striker*
*Screen pops up offering match*

Fucking stupid. How the hell did they think this was a good idea? It's like having a Battlefield game without prematch squads. Who would do such a thing? Oh.

EDIT:

*Another screen pops up*
Striker: "I just got one."
Me: #$^!

Yukes is just innovating in the genre by creating Where's Waldo mini-game matchmaking much like they pioneered the sliding bar pin mini game mechanic and the picking the lock chain wrestling mechanic.

JdFoX187

Banned
Yukes is just innovating in the genre by creating Where's Waldo mini-game matchmaking much like they pioneered the sliding bar pin mini game mechanic and the picking the lock chain wrestling mechanic.

It's so fucking stupid. I could even deal somewhat with the condensed match types if I could actually pick and choose what I wanted to play who I wanted to play with. If they're going to do this shit, at least allow us to go into lobbies together to wait for a match. Fucking stupid.

It's so fucking stupid. I could even deal somewhat with the condensed match types if I could actually pick and choose what I wanted to play who I wanted to play with. If they're going to do this shit, at least allow us to go into lobbies together to wait for a match. Fucking stupid.

Did you buy the game or rent?

Rainmaker

Banned
The edit-a-superstar thing where I could select and mix-and-match different variants of a certain wrestler's attire is something I've wanted for a long time and glad to see it here but every year they figure out a way to make editing CM Punk's attire almost useless by some small oversight. This year: You can't easily change the main color of his kickpads away from black because it changes his boots and the background of the front design to the same color. It looks like an atrocious mess that way.

The generic kickpad selection is also very hilarious this year. They're so bulky and odd.

Also, is there no way to edit what is on both arms or am I an idiot and just missing something here?

Overall, I think the new in-match systems create some good moments and have a good reason to be there so they don't bug me too much but I hope they expand and tighten them up in the right way in future installments. Seeing the same reversals over and over gets old. You know, the usual plethora of odd flaws when it comes to stuff like this. The movements could be a little faster or maybe just make the appropriate wrestlers seem faster.

I had the most interest in the MyCareer but that is extremely barebones and lacking. It makes no sense sometimes and is a big letdown. So much potential there too. But that's this game as a whole: So much potential.

I could overlook all of the flaws if I had more than 25 slots to mess with but alas, these are the dumbasss cards they've dealt us. Universe mode is kind of useless with such a small roster but it has been stale anyway. Really missing the create a story mode right now.

This is a good base for a future game but is not worth the $60 but you all already knew that, I suppose. The edit-a-wrestler and the system of uploading actual pictures is great. I just wish the game was good enough to go all out for these features.

I knew it wouldn't be anything to write home about but really didn't think it would be this much more lacking than previous games. I feel bad for giving them my money but I knew I would. In the end I just wanted a wrestling game for my current gen console and I'm trying to make the most out of my purchase. I think the game looks good enough but really wish there was some consistency in how well the character models look.

Striker

This is 2K/Visual Concepts. Yukes' design was on last gen with the lobbies still in tact.

Keep in mind 2K has a history of online screw ups with the NBA series.

This is 2K/Visual Concepts. Yukes' design was on last gen with the lobbies still in tact.

Keep in mind 2K has a history of online screw ups with the NBA series.

To be honest, I could never connect to anyone to play online in wwe 13 or 14 either. I'm not sure if there just was a really low number of players online or some other issue.

Gamecentral review up:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/20/wwe-2k15-next-gen-review-out-with-the-old-4955220/

sum up:

In Short: A relatively promising next gen debut, but it’s still missing lots of older features. And even with a few new ones it’s hard to think of this as anything but a work in progress.

Pros: The slower combat and stamina meter makes for a more realistic and tactical game. MyCareer is flawed but shows great promise. Decent, if inconsistent, graphics.

Cons: There’s still an awful lot of missing features, that used to be in the game at its last gen peak, with customisation and the roster of wrestlers particularly affected. Roster is still too small.

6/10

Georome

Is Share Play not an option?

Top Bottom