• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

I was initially in two minds as to whether this game was an improvement over recent years, but those tweets make it pretty clear.

Yep, there is always hope for next year atleast.

20141117154247.jpg

20141117153734.jpg

Zach

Had a really good match between Sting and Big Show.

Thought I had him beat with the Deathdrop and he kicked out at 2.9. Hit me with a spear a minute later and 1-2-3.

The sweet spot on the pin meter is harder to hit this year, unfortunately. Hopefully I can adjust. It's one thing to lose off a finisher, but it sucks to get pinned early off a hip toss or something.

Remember when Sting and the Big Show were tag champs in WCW? Sadly I do.

I don't see how 2K having more of an impact is a good thing myself with the decisions they've already took on this game. Make no bones about it, they made the call to gut the last gen game to put it on par with the features of the current gen. They also gave the green light for the game to ship with several matches unselectable that are in the game. It's not been a good first impression of 2ks first full year, that's for sure.

NBA 2K's first game on current gen was also stripped down and this year's turned out fine. I'm sure there is a reason they took the certain match types out and I'm sure it's not as simple as any of us want to make it seem.

JdFoX187

Banned
NBA 2K's first game on current gen was also stripped down and this year's turned out fine. I'm sure there is a reason they took the certain match types out and I'm sure it's not as simple as any of us want to make it seem.

Then they should simply say something, instead of hiding the damn game from everyone until the very last second.

Hasney

They also kept the last generation the same since they're just reskinning. Over the last generation, they also managed to run NHL into the ground. I dunno, I just have the same confidence in them I did THQ to turn this around now.

Can we get a Total Divas mode next year? I'd love to be Eva Marie breaking the news to my parents that I'm marrying Jonathan or Brie Bella nagging Daniel Bryan to spend too much on a wedding or Nikki Bella trying to force John Cena into marriage again.

Then they should simply say something, instead of hiding the damn game from everyone until the very last second.

Take-Two as a whole does that with every game they make. Bioshock, NBA 2K, any Rockstar games. They just as a company are very cagey about their games.

They also kept the last generation the same since they're just reskinning. Over the last generation, they also managed to run NHL into the ground. I dunno, I just have the same confidence in them I did THQ to turn this around now.

NHL 2K was fine for what it was, it just looked bad in comparison to EA NHL because the EA team was so consistently fantastic. Same goes for MLB 2K when compared to the Show. The stuff 2K makes is never really bad. There may be competition doing it better, but overall they are a good developer.

Rapstah

Zeb still hasn't distracted anyone, it's not on controls and the manual won't download. Anyone know how to make them distract?

Manager distractions in lots of games until and including 2k14 were that the manager would automatically distract the referee whenever the other guy tried to pin you or got a submission on you. No room for weapon use.

Hasney

Manager distractions in lots of games until and including 2k14 were that the manager would automatically distract the referee whenever the other guy tried to pin you or got a submission on you. No room for weapon use.

Not happening on this one. Also, I distinctly remember that you had a button combo from at least 12 on. Like hold L1 and something on the d-pad. Not working here, but I know it did back then. Pissed enough people off doing it.

EDIT: Or it was in the older ones and it's the usual Yuke's regression.

Rapstah

Not happening on this one. Also, I distinctly remember that you had a button combo from at least 12 on. Like hold L1 and something on the d-pad. Not working here, but I know it did back then. Pissed enough people off doing it.

EDIT: Or it was in the older ones and it's the usual Yuke's regression.

Definitely before '12.

dreamfall

Well, y'all, I bought it.

And I played a Sting vs. Warrior match and got demolished the first go around. It's paced much more slowly, and I don't think I understand what I'm supposed to be doing with the Analog stick when I'm in the offensive position.

To wash away the sting of the first loss, loaded up my trusty Kane and promptly chokeslammed Miz into oblivion. Some parts of the presentation are lovely, some are horrendous (the hair clipping still is upsetting).

I'm enjoying it! I'm about throw one of those Bellas through a table with Tamina! Ayo!

Hasney

I have noticed that regular pins never rope break now unless something goes funny, like the ref pushing you into them. This is a very good thing.

Combination pins still do, but that's the nature of the beast.

Zeb still hasn't distracted anyone, it's not on controls and the manual won't download. Anyone know how to make them distract?

I don't see how 2K having more of an impact is a good thing myself with the decisions they've already took on this game. Make no bones about it, they made the call to gut the last gen game to put it on par with the features of the current gen. They also gave the green light for the game to ship with several matches unselectable that are in the game. It's not been a good first impression of 2ks first full year, that's for sure.

I think manager distractions are tied to wrestler's skills. Not sure who has the skill or not, but I think you have the option to use a distraction one or twice before he gets ejected.

Hasney

I think manager distractions are tied to wrestler's skills. Not sure who has the skill or not, but I think you have the option to use a distraction one or twice before he gets ejected.

Yup, I've got that. Mouthpiece Level 1. Then I have Zeb Coulter, who should distract 10 times before being ejected.

Worth buying if I buy every year and enjoy it? Partly because of the funny glitches and bugs to boot.

I'd say so.

IF you're into creation stuff be warned: No Create a Diva, No Create an Arena, No Create a Finisher and No Create a Story.

Still, I'm having fun with it.

Put together my CAW and he's looking pretty good. Even without the body hair. HBK has body hair in the game. I really don't know why I can't find it for my CAW.

Has anyone else with the Xbox One version had problems with career mode starting? I'm hoping there's a simpler fix than uninstalling everything and reinstalling and redownloading the patch.

Hasney

Career is turning into the Drew McIntyre simulator. Have great matches, constantly get told there's nothing lined up for you.

It's a pretty terrible mode. Just an endless stream of matches with your GM Tweeting at you. Can't wait to get all the trophies and leave it at that.

It's okay. I created a storyline in my head because I kept losing to Rusev. Then I finally get to Superstars and beat him like a chump. Heh.

Hasney

How are the achievements? Any ridiculously annoying/difficult ones?

Multiplayer ones (win 50 ranked matches, have a ranked match score over 1,000, reach mid-carder) but the most annoying one is win 180 rivalry matches in Universe Mode...

That's a lot of matches.

Multiplayer ones (win 50 ranked matches, have a ranked match score over 1,000, reach mid-carder) but the most annoying one is win 180 rivalry matches in Universe Mode...

That's a lot of matches.

Cheers.

Ugh, multiplayer ones kill it for me. Honestly I can handle a grind single player, but multiplayer shit is always a lot more annoying for me to do.

Hasney

For some weird reason I actually liked this animation. More natural than the stiffness of past yukes efforts. It's weird but awesome.

That one wasn't too bad. I need to get it recording when one of legs decides to get epilepsy though.

Tip for career: Get the Through the Table skill as soon as you can once you're off NXT and use it in every match, then win with a finisher or top rope move. 5 stars every time.

I've been wondering, since the WWE game servers and netcode are usually a pile of crap...

Is this game compatible with shareplay? If so, one would imagine the servers would be a lot better through PSN than actual online, right?

Hasney

We tried it this morning and just got the usual unsupported errors for unsupported game.

Might be worth asking them when they recorded it. They might have enabled or disabled it since launch.

Out of curiosity I was looking for a Sting code on eBay and for some reason people want $20US for postage.... to email a code to me lol. :\

I think eBay is borking something and adding the charge for 'international shipping' itself.

We tried it this morning and just got the usual unsupported errors for unsupported game.

Might be worth asking them when they recorded it. They might have enabled or disabled it since launch.

Man I hope it was enabled later in the day, how much of a dick move to disable it if they have...

TheHal85

Neo Member
I changed my mind and decided to pick up the game.. I haven't played a match yet, was just starting too... figured I might as well kick Fandango's ass, gave him Summer Rae as a Manager.

Poor Summer... that face model is fucking horrendous.

Top Bottom