• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Darren Young is an unsafe carny ass motherfucking worker

ThirdYawningDamselfly.gif

Cut out the last few frames and it's a great DEAD reaction gif

adj_noun

I'm playing MyCareer mode. My wrestler wins the world championship on a PPV.

Next week, Vicki Guerrero: We don't have anything for you to do this week. Here's some more generic matches. Keep training, though!

I refuse to defend the world title in protest and am stripped of it the next week.

Some kid finds a curious item in a lost and found bin located near an emptying sports arena:

It's my smile.

JdFoX187

Banned
As much as I hate to say it, this game really does have a good base and potential to be great in the future if they continue making steady improvements to the animations and expanding the feature set. But they have got to completely revamp the online and return it to the classic lobby system, or I won't be picking up next years and will quicky part with this one.

Tag team partners are horrible in this game. To win them in career mode, your best bet is to damage both opponents as much as you can, then tag in your partner and distract the one on the apron.

Hasney

Tag team partners are horrible in this game. To win them in career mode, your best bet is to damage both opponents as much as you can, then tag in your partner and distract the one on the apron.

I just get a power bar down, do a double team and beat the other guy to a pulp, jumping into the ring if the momentum needs turning.

Games Radar 2 out of 5

WWE 2K15 gives the overall impression of an unfinished game, and one that represents poor value for money when compared to the riches of content in previous entries. But it's what is included that worries me. When 2K Sports wrestled control of the WWE rights in 2011, the hope was that a new outlook could rehydrate a series that had been allowed to dry out. But if WWE 2K15 is any indication of the licence's future direction, this is a series that's content to keep spinning its wheels. Reinvention is what propelled Austin and Flair to the top of the card; the WWE 2K series is slowly slipping its way down to curtain-jerker status.

Hasney

lol, got stretchered out after a fatal 4 way that I didn't win, but I still had all 3 damage bars full.

EDIT: Was pointless anyway, didn't affect the title match at Summerslam.

EDIT 2: Wasn't for the title. Number 1 contender clearly means something else to this carny ass game. CM Punk actually did double duty, fighting me and then defending the title against Mark Henry.

Just getting myself DQ'd in all the dark matches now. Want this shit to be over.

EDIT 3: Can't do that either, losing social media followers so might not get a title shot. Fuck me.

okay, gonna ask here because fell into my lap.

Hulkamania edition with everything for 45, digital deluxe for 45. I can get both at same price, but only can choose one kinda thing. Which one should I get?

Hasney

Finished that god awful career mode. Fuck me.

okay, gonna ask here because fell into my lap.

Hulkamania edition with everything for 45, digital deluxe for 45. I can get both at same price, but only can choose one kinda thing. Which one should I get?

Neither.

But if you must, Hulkamania. At least you can trade in the game then and have a couple of extras.

Verendus

Banned
I'm really disappointed by this game.

I actually enjoyed WWE '13 and WWE 2K14. Sure, the graphics, animations, and game play are stuck in the PS2 generation, but in local multiplayer they're a lot of fun. I'd say they're more fun than even Fifa for me. And that's the only way I ever play these games. I enjoyed the pin mechanic because I find it a lot better than bashing buttons, and it created for some memorable matches. More than anything else though, I really liked the match customisation. Being able to do a triple threat or fatal four way Iron Man match with either KOs or Finishers, as well as the usual pin/submission, for points was great. As were the various other matches you could do in different ring types, like a four way Elimination Chamber match, or a multi-man 2 out of 3 Falls Hell in a Cell match.

Imagine my surprise when I turned on 2K15 only to find I can't do any of that. Not only can I not do that, other matches like multi-man TLC or Table are also missing. I should've kept an eye on updates for this game in recent weeks because I kind of messed up from the looks of it. When this was first announced, I dared to think that the match customisation was going to improve. I thought what if there were more some five way matches finally, or multi-man elimination Last Man Standing matches, or how about a triple threat tornado tag Iron Man with three teams of two each?

I think it would have been better to just update 2K14's graphics and release that this year, because at least that still had a huge roster and the customisation for matches present. I want to say at least the basic game play is better in 2K15, but with the tweaked pin mechanic, it's now next to impossible to kick out after one finisher or so. With WWE '13, I was a little too good, but WWE 2K14 had the right balance with it. Not always possible, but still enough that you could have some great matches. Combine that with the new stamina system, and any potential for epic matches is effectively gone now.

This is all my fault really. The first sign should have been the John Cena cover reveal. Something should have clued me in then that the people involved with this game are sending a signal. Like they're saying they're also just as empty and hollow. Kind of like John Cena. But obviously, I missed the signs.

Verendus

Banned
I know exactly what I'm going to send to 2K. A chimp. Because he'll do for me what I feel needs to be done to the people involved with the development of this game.

Bugs and glitches are a staple of the Yukes games for a few years now. They never fix them so 2k wont listen to feedback. The only thing that will make them listen is a low metacritic, but somehow they pulled some Spanish sites that gave it 80+ so the metacritic is artificially inflated and the user reviews are being inflated by a bunch of jackasses giving it a 10.

Bugs and glitches are a staple of the Yukes games for a few years now. They never fix them so 2k wont listen to feedback. The only thing that will make them listen is a low metacritic, but somehow they pulled some Spanish sites that gave it 80+ so the metacritic is artificially inflated and the user reviews are being inflated by a bunch of jackasses giving it a 10.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/wwe-2k15

still looks low on all sides imo

Yaari

I'll just see if they address concerns at all or if they are going to ignore the critique the game has received. Not sure how 2K handles that stuff as I don't think they face this issue too often with their games.

The 59 on Xbox One is good, but the 68 on PS4 isn't that bad honestly. That won't get their attention, especially when 2k14 only got a 74(PS3) and 75(360) and that was a far superior game to this.

The game is pretty obviously unfinished. I didn't really buy the idea that 2K wanted until WM, but I can now very well believe that to be the case.

As for 2K14 being superior, in terms of content, absolutely. I maintain though that in-ring - at least for singles matches - is a considerable improvement over the usual Yukes fare; I've had more enjoyable back and forth matches already than I have in any recent wrestling game, but as an overall package it desperately needed the extra six months.

dubq

It's been that way forever in this series.

No it hasn't. The AI for your partner this year is awful. In previous years there would be a 50/50 chance that they would stop the opponents partner from breaking the pin. This year, they don't even bother trying to get into the ring until the AI opponents partner has already broken the pin up.

Hasney

No it hasn't. The AI for your partner this year is awful. In previous years there would be a 50/50 chance that they would stop the opponents partner from breaking the pin. This year, they don't even bother trying to get into the ring until the AI opponents partner has already broken the pin up.

I never saw that. I always had to take them out myself and that's been going on for years. If they stopped them, it certainly wasn't 50/50.

dubq

I never saw that. I always had to take them out myself and that's been going on for years. If they stopped them, it certainly wasn't 50/50.

I've not had to take them out myself in years. I can't even remember the last game where it was required. There was even a point in previous games where if you had beaten the other team so badly, the AI opponents partner would give up trying to break the pin as the match result was a foregone conclusion. This game doesn't even have that.

The 59 on Xbox One is good, but the 68 on PS4 isn't that bad honestly. That won't get their attention, especially when 2k14 only got a 74(PS3) and 75(360) and that was a far superior game to this.

It's a tough mix for me.

I'd say gameplay wise this is the best game I've played since Day of Reckoning 2. I want them to keep going in this direction. It's obvious they didn't dump the legacy code or whatever shit Marcus said but it feels like a positive step. I'm worried that they'll see the low scores and blame it on the gameplay when I don't really think that's the issue.

The jank and glitches the series has suffered from seem in large part due to the physics engine. They need to give this an overhaul, which will probably take a couple of years. It's less about the animations for me and more about how the characters react around the ropes, with weapons, ladders etc.

The big reason to take marks off this year is due to the lack of features. I think the scores the game has been receiving are justified for that alone. It's especially frustrating when you can see the hooks for a lot of these features in other parts of the game. There was definitely a Diva CAW at some point since we see entrance animations for women in CAE. We also know that more match types exist because they show up in Universe. I doubt they can fix Diva CAW with a patch but they really need to think about at least adding those match types in. It's infuriating.

They took two steps forward and about five steps back with this game. But those two steps are really good ones and I hope they don't dump the good with the bad over the scores. If the game was rushed out and they had always intended to have a larger feature set with a March release, they should just keep building towards that.

Question. How do you use the face template/scan thing. I have a webcam and all and i have found LITERALLY no videos or how tos about it. I want to try it out.

Hasney

Question. How do you use the face template/scan thing. I have a webcam and all and i have found LITERALLY no videos or how tos about it. I want to try it out.

Take a photo of yourself, then you want to cut out your face using photoshop and pop out the eye and mouth as well.

It is way more effort that it's worth, especially as your skin tone likely won't be in the game, so you'll be correcting the colour constantly.

Take a photo of yourself, then you want to cut out your face using photoshop and pop out the eye and mouth as well.

It is way more effort that it's worth, especially as your skin tone likely won't be in the game, so you'll be correcting the colour constantly.

I see. But how do you upload it? that is my question. I know it may not be worth it, but wannna try it.

Top Bottom