• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Choomp

Banned
Anyone else think the gameplay feels a lot less smooth in the current gen version? I haven't really played a lot of the game, probably won't, it's really not enjoyable at this point.

1896900_792893350757206_14403000007082904_n.jpg
heh.

Is this real? It's absolutely amazing if it is.

Anyone else think the gameplay feels a lot less smooth in the current gen version? I haven't really played a lot of the game, probably won't, it's really not enjoyable at this point.

I am really liking the gameplay on PS4. I feel like everything I'm doing is a lot more deliberate. Yukes' previous efforts feel a lot more spastic and chaotic.

Still, with more than three people in the ring even the next gen version feels too chaotic for me.

I know this is a lost cause... but does anybody have a Hogan code they do not want? I would love one for the PS4....

Maybe I can give a code or something in the near future...

Verendus

Banned
No Eddie Guerrero in this game either.

Two Del Rios in this game, and this dude is like one of the most glorified jobbers ever. No one sane cares.

Two Batistas, yet you miss the one that matters. It's like putting in Hunter Hearst Helmsley and 1998 Triple H, but just not bothering with The Game.

Two Chris Jerichos and Randy Ortons too.

Yet no Eddie, or Bret, or various other notable names. 2K, just...

strobogo

Banned
I know this is a lost cause... but does anybody have a Hogan code they do not want? I would love one for the PS4....

Maybe I can give a code or something in the near future...

Just wait until January. They always put their pre-order exclusives up in Jan or Feb.

Yukes must have some blackmail photos on Vince McMahon.

You act like Vince gives a damn about the quality of his shitty WWE video game. Or that he even really knows what a "video game" is. It doesn't matter as long as he can hock it on to unsuspecting 8 year olds and rednecks and turn a quick profit.

ecurbj

Whatever happened to story mode of like the previous editions?

I want a story mode like Here Comes The Pain, Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth.

I remember playing Smackdown Vs. RAW 2006 on the PSP and loving it.

You act like Vince gives a damn about the quality of his shitty WWE video game. Or that he even really knows what a "video game" is. It doesn't matter as long as he can hock it on to unsuspecting 8 year olds and rednecks and turn a quick profit.

It just seems crazy though because if they were to reboot the game, I'd think they could make more money.

I want a story mode like Here Comes The Pain, Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth.

No way 2K does that in the way you're thinking. It's disappointing.

Yaari

You guys still playing? Considering trading my GTA5 for either this or Far Cry 4. Not having much fun with GTA, already spend too much time with it last gen.

I was playing consistently but the holidays are taking their toll. Plus, Career mode was beginning to drag. People complained about it being too short but that's really not the issue at all.

Rapstah

They had story modes like those in the first SmackDown! vs. Raw and SvR 2006 and 2007. In SvR 2008, they changed the story mode slightly so it was essentially the same for all characters across all brands, regardless of if you were on Smackdown or Raw. You also had to train on your days off. I didn't really like it but it probably was a nice fresh mode for people who had played essentially the same story mode for several games.

In SvR 2009, they dropped the story mode entirely. Instead there was a career mode where you were going for one belt at a time, collecting stars across different matches to cash them in for a title shot. When you won a belt, you moved on to the next belt. This was almost entirely mechanical. The only real connection to WWE was how you could win the Royal Rumble, but I once won the Royal Rumble and didn't get a title match at WrestleMania because I won the belt I was going for at No Way Out. Oops?

SvR 2010 had the same career mode as SvR 2009.

In SvR 2011, they removed the career mode and put in Universe Mode instead. If you think about it, Universe Mode is like the career mode of SvR 2009 and 2010, except you get to see all matches and you don't just play as one guy. Unfortunately, you couldn't play as just one guy even if you wanted to.

Universe Mode was in WWE '12, '13 and '14, and none of those games had a real career mode either. They went for scripted story modes like Road To WrestleMania and '13's Attitude Era mode instead.

ecurbj

They had story modes like those in the first SmackDown! vs. Raw and SvR 2006 and 2007. In SvR 2008, they changed the story mode slightly so it was essentially the same for all characters across all brands, regardless of if you were on Smackdown or Raw. You also had to train on your days off. I didn't really like it but it probably was a nice fresh mode for people who had played essentially the same story mode for several games.

In SvR 2009, they dropped the story mode entirely. Instead there was a career mode where you were going for one belt at a time, collecting stars across different matches to cash them in for a title shot. When you won a belt, you moved on to the next belt. This was almost entirely mechanical. The only real connection to WWE was how you could win the Royal Rumble, but I once won the Royal Rumble and didn't get a title match at WrestleMania because I won the belt I was going for at No Way Out. Oops?

SvR 2010 had the same career mode as SvR 2009.

In SvR 2011, they removed the career mode and put in Universe Mode instead. If you think about it, Universe Mode is like the career mode of SvR 2009 and 2010, except you get to see all matches and you don't just play as one guy. Unfortunately, you couldn't play as just one guy even if you wanted to.

Universe Mode was in WWE '12, '13 and '14, and none of those games had a real career mode either. They went for scripted story modes like Road To WrestleMania and '13's Attitude Era mode instead.
Ah, thanks for the recap. I would of been more satisfied with an scripted Road To Wrestlemanina again with at least some sort of story that could be branched off into different paths and had cutscenes with voice overs like the previous ones on the PS1 and the earlier ones on the PS2.

But I guess now that 2K has the franchise we will just have Career Mode taking a created superstar through a career and going from there like all 2K career modes.

Not saying I like the idea but sometimes I would like to take my favorite superstar like Dolph Ziggler through story mode like old times with an somewhat scripted story mode with voice overs.

*sighs* I guess those days are over like BronsonLee said :(

Striker

You guys still playing? Considering trading my GTA5 for either this or Far Cry 4. Not having much fun with GTA, already spend too much time with it last gen.
Not much. I mostly try to enjoy its online (for its caws and funny moments/glitches) but 2K fucked that away by removing lobbies and a true character selection screen in favor of Background Matchmaking. Also seems like 2K brought over NBA 2K's server because there's heavy input lag.

adj_noun

So I guess stealing finishers and getting countout victories are what you need to do to be a heel (or at least part of it). I wanted to be a heel, but before I started doing that I was a Hogan level face, even with a bunch of dirty moves and turnbuckle removal.

So I did a lot of that, and finally my face/heel meter went to heel.

Next day Paul Heyman messaged me to explain he couldn't be my manager any more because he only manages faces.

krpiper

I know the reviews were not the best on this game but how is it now? I never played much of the older games. I got into wrestling as me and my roommate signed up for a trial of the Network, for some laughs as we both watched a tinny bit during the Attitude era, and really enjoyed Wrestlemania 30.

Only we forgot to cancel the trial...(this is when they had a 6 month commitment)

So thats how I got into wrestling, is this game worth picking up for $30 or so? (a guy on craigslist)

besiktas1

Quick questions (x1 version),
How do I apply community creation costumes to superstars?
Also is there a tutorial on universe mode, so lost lol

PartyChan

Quick questions (x1 version),
How do I apply community creation costumes to superstars?
Also is there a tutorial on universe mode, so lost lol

Go to WWE Creations -> Superstar -> Edit -> Select the community creation costume you downloaded.

In "Personal Info" set "Use as alternate attire" to "YES"

When you select the superstar for a match, it should give you an option to select the community creation costume you downloaded as an alternate attire. Just know what the download was named and it should appear.

As far as tutorial on universe mode, no idea lol I dont touch that.

ksdixon

is it just me who finds grapples in 2k15 unresponsive? usually i have to try a 2nd time to get it to register that, yes, i do want to grab him. annoyingly by this time the opponent has usually struck you, so it makes all timing go out of the window because you're spamming grapple button to make sure it registers etc.

i know 2k14 wasn't pefect either, sometimes for ground grapples you'd do a little shuffle so that you were nearer the opponent's head before stating the grapple, but 2k15 is ridiculous.

I bought the digital version on the PS4 and for some reason everything's locked except 1v1 matches and 6 wrestlers. Do I have to do something else?

PartyChan

I bought the digital version on the PS4 and for some reason everything's locked except 1v1 matches and 6 wrestlers. Do I have to do something else?

highlight the game on the ps menu, hit the 'options' button, and then select 'information'

the game has only downloaded partially enough 'to play.' you should see it's progress in the 'information' screen.

as mentioned on another thread, the psn servers seem to be running slow. it took me FOREVER to download the entire 24gb.

Had some fun share playing this with friends. The game can be damn funny with how broken it is. Then we tried to play a ladder match... Oh boy it was really bad... I couldn't tell you if the hardest part was keeping the ladders in the ring, or climbing them once they were in, but I can tell you that I didn't enjoy it.

Hasney

Had some fun share playing this with friends. The game can be damn funny with how broken it is. Then we tried to play a ladder match... Oh boy it was really bad... I couldn't tell you if the hardest part was keeping the ladders in the ring, or climbing them once they were in, but I can tell you that I didn't enjoy it.

Go outside the ring, lean ladders against the ring. Run up them and try to hit someone. That's pretty damn fun.

My saves keep getting deleted. I lost all my progress in the showcase mode and all my unlocked NXT guys. No way I'm playing through that much of the career again. I'd advise anyone on the fence to avoid the X1 version, it's the most problems I've had with a game in a long time.

Yaari

So I don't know enough about 2K to really comment on this, but does anyone think 2K will do anything about the issues people are having. Like adding content? I still want to try the game but the negatives seem to be easily fixable if they just put in some effort.

So I don't know enough about 2K to really comment on this, but does anyone think 2K will do anything about the issues people are having. Like adding content? I still want to try the game but the negatives seem to be easily fixable if they just put in some effort.

They are building a patch to address a bunch of the issues but I doubt we're going to see any content updates.

The missing match types is hilariously bad though. One of the biggest blunders I've seen when we know they are available in the game.

Otherwise, I'm still having a lot of fun with the game. It just sucks that it is hampered by a severe lack of content.

rrc1594

Pls tell me there's more to my Career then Vickie Guerrero constantly telling me I'm not getting my push. Where's my rival or choice to be Face or heel

Yaari

They are building a patch to address a bunch of the issues but I doubt we're going to see any content updates.

The missing match types is hilariously bad though. One of the biggest blunders I've seen when we know they are available in the game.

Otherwise, I'm still having a lot of fun with the game. It just sucks that it is hampered by a severe lack of content.

I agree. EA UFC and NHL both suffered from similar issues like extreme lack of content, and while not modes for EA UFC, it is getting DLC and NHL is having modes patched in.

I guess I'll just go for it. I never had 2K14 so I won't miss match types that I never experienced in the first place. Not really my thing to wait for a pricedrop either, if I want to play something, I hate to wait months just to get a little discount.

Pls tell me there's more to my Career then Vickie Guerrero constantly telling me I'm not getting my push. Where's my rival or choice to be Face or heel

I think the long period of a lack of push is an accurate portrayal of the WWE product. You should be happy.

I eventually did get my push as I was heading into my first PPV.

You have to grab the goddamn brass ring.

I just started MyCareer, making my way through NXT. I'm enjoying it so far, but I've been pacing myself with it and just playing a little at a time. I can see how it gets frustrating if you don't get any major stories (and when it just suddenly ends.)

I actually really liked the Showcase mode, maybe moreso than even the Attitude Era mode and the 30 Years of Wrestlemania. I'm... kinda looking forward to the DLC.

rrc1594

I think the long period of a lack of push is an accurate portrayal of the WWE product. You should be happy.

I eventually did get my push as I was heading into my first PPV.

I get that but there was little storyline just get more followers

Now I'm 1# contender for World Heavyweight championship I'm like WTF where did this come from

Once you get big enough for PPV you get 3 months of storyline and 9 matches that mean nothing. You become a heel by what you do in the ring. DQ, Count Out, and other heel tactics gain you heel points, just playing a regular match will eventually make you a super face.

Finally finished MyCareer in 2K15. It seemingly went on forever and I finally got a shot at the WWE Title.

Cena teases a heel turn at the end but then pulls a "Oh I actually respect you" right before you win the title from him.

Then I wrestled a final match where I "passed the torch" to the next guy who was some dork in a neon orange outfit. I beat him in my final match. Geek.

Then you get some message from Triple H about how you're one of the greatest of all time.

I'm just glad you can export the guy. I maxed out all of his stats and had a 6 year career before winning the WWE title.

Top Bottom