• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Hasney

I may as well throw a stream up too. It's not going to be as entertaining as NewLegacy, but it will have a thorough menu poke around and a lot of British swearing when I can't find the missing moves even in Universe Mode (assuming that's the case).

I played the PS4 version for a few hours last night. Now, let me preface this by acknowledging that I haven't seriously played a wrestling game with the exception of All-Stars in probably the last decade. So all the cut modes, reused animations and lack of creation content doesn't really resonate with me as being a negative. There's likely already a lot more impressions/videos out there from far more experienced players who can provide a more nuanced breakdown on what's changed and what's new. I only dabbled a bit with some one on one matches and did a few bits in the Showcase mode (Cena/Punk). And I liked what I played.

Visually, it looks great. As noted in this thread, likenesses are all over the place and some are certainly way off the mark, but when they get it right (like with Cesaro or Goldust for an example), holy shit does it look incredible. It's just a shame it's not consistent across the roster. Saw some pretty great lighting effects, and everything runs at a nice clip.

As far as gameplay goes, I thought the way stamina affects moves and animations as a match progresses was kinda awesome, and I only ran into one glitch where the AI kept would get stuck on the post as it attempted to do an aerial technique. Not a huge fan of the chain wresting stuff simply because it seems more luck than skill based, but it definitely adds to the authenticity of a match.

So, coming from someone who hasn't spent a lot of time with the franchise, I've actually had a lot of fun with it so far. I'd be playing it again tonight but Far Cry 4 demands my attention.

Hasney

Gonna be live in 15. WWE 2k15 and the mystery of the missing matches

http://www.twitch.tv/hollywoodhasney

Feel free to bug me about what you want to see. Gonna dig through the Universe menus first to see if I can get some of these missing matches booked, but then if not, either Career, Universe or Showcase.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will also be playing a little when it goes live. The Big Daddy Cool Coalition always experiences sorrow together. Like vanilla midgets winning world titles.

Though I'll fall off 15 minutes later to play GTA.

Hasney

I will also be playing a little when it goes live. The Big Daddy Cool Coalition always experiences sorrow together. Like vanilla midgets winning world titles.

Though I'll fall off 15 minutes later to play GTA.

Yes, quite.

dr-kevin-nash-o.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While both consoles can put a half-dozen wrestlers on screen (a slight disappointment since that was the same cap on last-gen) the biggest differences between new-gen consoles is that the Xbox One version allows six human players while PlayStation 4 only allows four.

How weird.

TheAznOne

Wow. Finally watching in person, how realistic is that HHH and his entrance is. Holy damn can't wait for future installments.

Funny how they have Summer Rae still coming out with Fandango but on his titantron, Layla is all in it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Dedicated to the memory of Connor 'The Crusher' Michalek' at the start of the credits. That's nice.

I can't find the booster thing to unlock everything to see what modes are available once and for all. Might not be out til Tuesday. Hogan and Sting are there though.

Hasney

If's that true, man I wanna see those hater faces who took it another level when it was first thought they removed them for good this year.

Nah, they still deserve all the shit they got for not communicating or clarifying.

Who is that guy anyway? If they're unlockable, it's weird, because simply playing them doesn't unlock it.

'Dedicated to the memory of Connor 'The Crusher' Michalek' at the start of the credits. That's nice.

I can't find the booster thing to unlock everything to see what modes are available once and for all.

Don't think it's out yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait so... the Music Jukebox lets you pick the songs... But there's only 12 of them, and you can't pick wrestler themes anymore.

Hope yall like Big Smo.

You know what? I think I'll still end up preferring 2K15 over the last couple years of wrestling games. I'll take less content over a janky mess.

TheAznOne

Loving this stamina system with the exhausted pin feature. Also notice certain moves if done near the rope, the wrestler will drag them away from them then do the move right after.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Weird question -- how do I unlock the game?

I paid for the digital deluxe version on PS4... and all I can do is play a one on one match with only 6 guys available on the roster. I thought this was a way to force you to learn the new system, but I've won two matches and all I can do is set up another one-on-one bout. It's like I'm stuck in demo mode!

TheAznOne

Wait so... the Music Jukebox lets you pick the songs... But there's only 12 of them, and you can't pick wrestler themes anymore.

Hope yall like Big Smo.

We have the USB music now on the PS4 if you own the system. No more listening to Potato Salads music choices.

I paid for the digital deluxe version on PS4... and all I can do is play a one on one match with only 6 guys available on the roster. I thought this was a way to force you to learn the new system, but I've won two matches and all I can do is set up another one-on-one bout. It's like I'm stuck in demo mode!

You're not finished downloading the game, maybe?

The game is still downloading, hit the select button on the game icon in the PS4 menu, it should have the download completion rate there.

For whatever reason the PS4 hides the download there after the minimum amount to boot the game is downloaded, in WWE case it's 4.3 GB, where as the whole game is 20 ish GBs.

Hoarr

Neo Member
It's preloaded. Rebooted and reset system. I can choose between Punk, Bryan, Cena, Orton, Triple H and Taker. I paid $79.99 for a six-man roster!!

What is this madness??

[Edit: You people are right, it's still downloading. I've had this system for a week, it looked like the the preload had completed and installed last night. Weird]

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only did one match. Way too early to have any impressions of the overall gameplay, but I noticed a few things.

•Did Kane vs Bray. The commentary only talked about Kane the entire match, which was weird. It was short though, so it's whatever.
•Bray does his entrance, but the music cuts out when the lights go up. That's fine, that's how it is, but in the actual thing he's making noise and yelling while he gets in the ring. He animates to yell, but he makes no sound, so it's awkward. But when you taunt with Bray he DOES make noise.
•It is definitely slower. Not like bad framerate, but it just moves slower. I'm not sure if this is good or bad yet, but I've always hated how quick the Smackdown games were with movement, so it could be good, but it'll take time to get used to.
•Instead of climbing to the top like every single wrestler did prior to this one, Bray climbs to the middle turnbuckle. I liked that little touch.
•They hyped up their chain wrestling system. I really don't like it, but they did say if you used characters who wouldn't do it then they'd just ignore it, like a Brock or a Mark Henry. But I did Bray vs Kane... and they did it. I would say Brock is more likely to chain wrestle than either of these two. So that was weird. I wonder if it's possible to turn off on an individual basis
•The Wyatts all look good.
•The animation for the spider walk corner finisher is really spot on. I was impressed.
•Did they not want to hurt anyones feelings? EVERYONE is over 80 on stats.

The game plays a lot differently than I expected from streams. It's definitely a lot slower paced and the new stamina system feels different than anything they've done before. There is a learning curve here for sure.

TheAznOne

Waiting for this prologue in GTAV to finish so I can jump right back into 2k15. Loving this first person view tho. Totally whole new game to play.

Top Bottom